Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @lelbarou - I’m glad the exercises are starting to help. Teaching ESL sounds challenging but very rewarding. I can’t imaging trying to teach somebody a language if you don’t share a common language.

@draby2011 - we nurses really do make the worst patients. Our CNS twisted my arm and made me go to the ED one day ... my BP was 200/120s 😱 I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for the info on the scale. I will check it out. I love all of the different things it tracks.

@363days - I’m sorry you are feeling so blue. It’s good that you have that zoom call with your neighbors. Maybe when the weather gets better, you can meet up outdoors for a walk. I feel safe outside as long as there is distance.

@lindamtuck2018 - sorry about the pool not opening yet. Good luck with your doctor appointments today

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - that stuff is nasty 🤢 I hope you are getting close to an answer and the end of your health struggles

@Tazaria87 - the mess is totally worth the time spent with family. You kids are making memories with cousins is priceless.

@iradi - that sounds terrible but he is safe and he has food and water for now. Hope the power and water come back soon

This is my 2nd one and yes that stuff is nasty .... I have a 13mm kidney stone (3 Lithothripsy's and still have kidney stones ) No longer see that Dr due to his office not being opened anymore and no phone calls either ( I drove 40 minutes away to that appt. and no one was there) ... I see a new Dr. whenever I make the appt. kinda waiting to see what happens with the hernia (surgery whenever that may be) Thank you Andrea
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Tuesday, 2/15

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40):❌❌✅
    Exercise 3x /wk: ✅❔❔

Just a little high on carbs and a little low on protein yesterday. Overall, it was a good day. The scale was a little up today but I felt dinner was a bit salty and I think there is a little retention today. I actually got a resistance band workout in yesterday which is the first this year. I really do not like exercising butI need to make it a regular habit if I want to hit my goal. Steps are good but I need to do a little strength training too and now is the time to get serious.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - 2/15 steps= 9092
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/16: 15,380
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcoming thoughts!!!!

@azkunk and @lindamtuck2018 I am super excited about the tonal! I am hoping it is going to whip my butt into shape! Literally NO excuses! lol

Anywho, today I ate well. Watched my calories and I am about 200 under my max which I am happy with. I was honestly kinda sad though lol because I was kinda still hungry but nothing that would fit my macros. I think it was more boredom than anything though. I am about to pull my elliptical out and get some cardio in though. I had a really bad headache today which either came from wearing my N95 ALL DAY LONG or from my decrease in soda. (or both!) So I came home and made my chicken and veggies and kinda took it easy while waiting for the tylenol to kick in.

I have been going back and forth with myself all day. Those annoying thoughts of self doubt kept sneaking in every once and a while but I kicked them to the curb and stuck to the program. Once I start seeing progress again it will get easier. I have to remind myself that Rome wasn't built in a day.

Ya'll have a great evening and I will check back tomorrow!
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    r5juuxhnxfb4.jpeg

Last question was about our favourite workout.
    What is a workout that you haven’t tried but would really like to do?

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get into powerlifting. I know it seems so far away for me, but I think doing that will take my mind off of the numbers on the scale and really help me to SEE the progress on the scale. I have done some lifting here and there in the past and I felt pretty confident then. I can only imagine how I will feel when I start really lifting. I actually have a consult with an online trainer tomorrow evening. (To help me with how to get started and appropriately pace myself)
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @iradi8 Prayers and support for your son. It is always worse when it is one of our kids - we would rather have the pain!
  • kdlgiannoulis
    kdlgiannoulis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot! This week’s weight = 137lbs. At least I’m holding steady!!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @draby2011 powerlifting sounds awesome! Caffeine withdrawal will cause headaches.
    Welcome back @28haveitall2020.
    Thank you @heatherbluebell. You are insightful. I had to go to therapy to learn this and sometimes still forget.
    @363days hope your blues dissipitate and how is your knee doing?
    @iradi8 hugs to you and your son.
    @lindamtuck2018 hope your doctor finds a medication to control the pain.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 that contrast is awful! I have had so much due to the transplants that have developed an intolerance to it.
    @azkunk resistance bands sound like a good idea. They are compact, portable and come in varying resistances.

• heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day everyone!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    My steps for Feb 16 = 9,443 💗 I'm super happy with this.

I may have to work from our office tomorrow, which is downtown right by the legislature grounds. If I do, I think I'll take a walk around the leg grounds before I head back home. The weather is getting so much better! I'm so excited. It'll be nice to be outside when it doesn't hurt to breathe! LOL
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    02/17
    Steps =5,471
    + 62 minutes of cycling

Food wasn’t the best today.
    I took the old dog for a very short walk today. She needs to wear boots due to all the salt. She also needs a coat. Then all the gear I need to put on to survive in the cold! It’s not easy in the winter.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    check in for feb. 18
    logging - better
    exercise - walk and stretch

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps
    Feb. 16 - 6601
    Feb. 17 - 2006
    Feb. 18 - 6617

Hellooooo! So, doing okay.
    Was able to walk to the park and sit in the sun yesterday which was great!
    It was about 15-25 degreed F, but it felt warm to me. I'm Canadian, eh?
    From the advice of all my MFP pals I have decided to pre-log my food.
    Left to my own devices, it all goes sideways if I do it on the fly.
    My weight is fluctuating a lot and I need to get my food under control. It's going up! LOL
    But it's a marathon, not a sprint so it's just a bump in the road!

Hope you are all doing great! I will post some responses to posts below!
  • lelbarou
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    Congrats on being put on the ESAs for your anemia! It sounds essential and sometimes we really have to advocate for ourselves. WTG on doing just that!
    As far as your mom and giving you grief about the aquafit, I guess you can just ignore her...Is that possible? It sounds like you are moving forward so that is excellent!
    It's hard when people, especially our parents, make us feel about ourselves. Often this is just a reflection of the way the person feels about themselves rather than anyone else.
    You have been through so much and you remain positive! It's a real inspiration!

@heatherbluebell
    Congrats on the super stepping! You are hovering at 10 000! Whoop Whoop!
    Keep up the great work! Exercise is so helpful for weight and for general mood and wellbeing!
    Awesome!

@363days
    I really get you about being in the dumps because you live alone.
    I also live alone in a small apartment and these four walls are making me crazy!
    I am a very community oriented person, so being by myself all the time stinks! YEP!
    I love to volunteer and be an active person in my community. It's just not easy to isolate.
    I think the weekly zoom meeting sounds like a super idea! I think making this a priority is a great idea! Missing social gathering and community is REAL. We need other people!

@iradi8
    Your son sounds like he is in a tough spot and by connection so are you!
    I hope you have managed not to eat your feelings, but it's a really tough situation.
    I don't have children, but I imagine they are more important than even yourself as far as your priorities, but you can't help him or anyone else unless you take care of you! Yep.

@azkunk
    I'm sure you can lose 50 by 50! Yes, You CAN DO IT!
    The resistance bands sounds like a super idea.
    I thougtht my body is subnormal that it fell apart again after not doing my lower body workout with bands, but my sister who is super fit assures me that everyone continually has to exercise and workout to keep fit. It's not fun, but once I get better, I'm doing that darn workout regularly. That's for dang sure.
    As far as having a regular glass of wine, it sounds good.
    Unfortunately, I tend to over-drink, so just having one or two is difficult for me, but it
    sounds like it would work well for you! Good idea!

@draby2011
    Nice having you back! I don't think anyone here should ever feel embarrassed about gaining weight. We have all been there, so no judgment. Your job sounds so stressful and I'm glad you are slowing it down a little. It's great to hear that you feel super motivated. You go gurl!
  • lelbarou
    Options
    @scribb - Awesome steps! Whoop Whoop! KILLING IT! YES!💥💥💥💥⚡⚡⚡🔥🔥🔥
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    scribb wrote: »
    I killed it in steps yesterday

Yesterday's steps 18,044

Awesome steps yesterday .... I am missing steps from you on 2/15 & 2/16
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Man I am missing coffeeeeeeeeeeee this morning ...Can't wait until this CT scan is over so I can have coffee with my Crustless Keto quiche Caprese :) I hope everyone has a great day :)
This discussion has been closed.