Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Could the following people please post their steps?
    @Rlaskey2- 2/13
    @Z1ORtza-2/9-2/13
    @lcfa5317 -2/10, 2/12 & 2/13
    @dutchrower 2/10-2/13

Thanks Ladies ...If I do not have them by the end of the day I will be zeroing them out

Sorry, @Megan_smartiepants1970 busy bee.

Steps
    9-> 16.454 steps
    10-> 16.253 steps
    11-> 12.814 steps
    12-> 7.053 steps
    13-> 8.546 steps
    14-> 11.234 steps
    15-> 12.624 steps
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    08/02/2021 133.7kg 294.7 lbs
    15/02/2021 133.6kg 294.5 lbs
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Feb. 15
    logging - yes (but over - hasn't been so in ages!)
    steps - 6601

Tried to walk yesterday and only managed 30 minutes due to nerve pain in my foot. I feel frustrated that I am not getting better and losing confidence in my physio. I will give her another week or two and if there is no improvement I'm changing my physio...

I was down yesterday and I drank alcohol. As a result of drinking I was over my calorie budget. I wouldn't have been find had I not drank cider.

Anyway, still feeling down, but I'm back on the saddle and getting it done. The weather is really cold, windy and snowy. Not sure I can face it and that says a lot! LOL

I hope everyone has a good day. The February blahs are getting to me!
  • lelbarou
    edited February 2021
    Options
    quote="jugar;c-45755274"]
    dutchrower wrote: »
    Username dutchrower
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 203
    CW (Current Weight): 202

Steps: wed: 5001
    Thurs: 4799
    Fri:1050
    Sat: 5600
    Sun: 8754
    Mon: 3400

This was posted on WaistAways by mistake - here it is for you, but hopefully @dutchrower will find their way back here :smiley:

Hi. I just copied and pasted this onto our current page in case anyone missed it!
    Thanks!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @z10rtza, @lelbarou, and @Bluetail6. You are all awesome!

50 minutes strength training at moderate intensity.
    @heatherbluebell you are so dedicated to walk outside today in 30 below weather. It's 25 below here and won't reach zero for two more days and I'm exercising indoors.

@363days thank you for the article on emotions and yoga.
    @azkunk You can lose 50 by 50 and you have the skills to do it.
    @Tazaria87 boxing sounds like quite a workout and it's great that you can share it with family.
    @lelbarou glad to hear that your back and foot are responding to PT. I love your nsvs!
    @iradi8 it is definitely a tricky prospect to turn down food when it's given to show love.
    @lindamtuck2018 it's good to listen to your body and take a break when you need it.

Signed up for aqua aerobics today Will meet 2x a week starting in March. Am getting a lot of pushback from my mother because I will be missing church and bible study. Will still be doing daily devotionals and contributing money. She has never accepted me for who I am and she likes to shame me about everything from my body, housekeeping skills to my spending habits It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't live with her but I would be very lonely if I moved out.

Moms! I have one and am one, haha. It is very hard to overcome the self-talk that comes with hearing criticism from a loved one and there are "tapes" lodged in places that I didn't know existed. Have you heard of morning papers? It is a method where you write 2-3 pages when you first wake up in the morning to get all of the subconscious things out of your mind. You don't even think about it, just write and write. I've done it off and on over the years and was thinking about doing it again. I've noticed that I've had a lot of fear from caring for my mom, and seeing the dementia and lack of power. You are awesome and are such a strong person.
  • 363days
    Options
    @icfa5317 - I'm so glad you mentioned the the things you put on your shoes! I bought some quite some time ago for hiking and have never used them. I echo your feelings about the cold and the snow. Last night I put my dog's jacket on him, just to let him outside to pee, and when I opened the door he ran as fast as he could to his bedroom! I didn't make him go out.
  • 363days
    Options
    @lelbarou February funk is in Tulsa, too. I've been having a virtual vacation through the internet - reading books and ...eating ice cream. I agree that it is hard to have bad weather in the middle of already having Covid. And what's up with this wind???? I hear ya, girl!
    @littleflutterby way to go!!! I hope you enjoyed your celebration - you have achieved a lot.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    dutchrower wrote: »
    Username dutchrower
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 203
    CW (Current Weight): 202

Steps: wed: 5001
    Thurs: 4799
    Fri:1050
    Sat: 5600
    Sun: 8754
    Mon: 3400

This was posted on WaistAways by mistake - here it is for you, but hopefully @dutchrower will find their way back here :smiley:

Thanks @jugar! I will send her a link to the team chat.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    That is great you are going to do aqua fit. You are the second person to mention going this week. It is a fun way to exercise. It is hard dealing with someone that doesn’t accept you for who you are. With my Mom, for every negative thing she says I try to rephrase it in my mind as a positive. It is hard sometimes. I really like @363days suggestion of the morning papers.

@lcfa5317
    Nice loss! I hope this winter ends soon. My favourite seasons are spring and fall. Not too cold or hot.

@dutchrower
    Awesome loss!

@Z10Rtza
    Nice loss! How is school going?

@lelbarou
    I feel for you with nerve pain. It is one of the worst pains I have experienced. I hope the physio starts to work for you. I would also advocate for yourself to the doctor if physio is not helping. I know last week you broke your walks into shorter ones. Can you do this again? It is time for winter to say goodbye.

• lelbarou
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @363days - Thanks as always for your kindess. I get you! It's tough all the way around, especially with cray cray Covid! I'm getting busy with work and that's clearing my funk! LOL
    and THANKS to everone about the shout out regarding recent loss and making the leader board for the team challenge. WHOOP WHOOP!
    @lindamtuck2018 - Thanks for your support as well. Yep. I won't continue with this physiotherapist if I don't see changes soon! I could also break down walks. Thanks for the reminder! And have a good day! If possible! (crazy weather!)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    zfvxuz3nl0ff.png

@littleflutterby on reaching Twoterville!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    ❌Steps 3,090
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

The water weight has barely budged this morning. I did drink lots of water yesterday and will again today. I am hoping to move more today and that may help. I did one mini walk already and will do another in a bit. When I do my second I am going to check and see if the pool is opening up this week.

Have a terrific Tuesday!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for 2/15

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40):✅❌✅
    Exercise 3x /wk:❔❔❔

Yesterday was a good day and the scale is already starting to come back down. Today, I will get a workout in! I was only a little over on carbs so I am calling the day a success 😁
  • azkunk
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - don’t you hate water weight 😡 Hang in there and keep doing what you’re doing

@littleflutterby - CONGRATULATIONS. You are amazing and inspiring 🤩

@lelbarou - I was feeling low last week and let myself have 2 glasses of wine on Friday. I think I needed that because it’s the one thing that I completely avoid and I do enjoy a glass of wine. I think I might try to plan for a glass or two a month instead of waiting until I’m in a funk. The winter blues are real. If it’s too cold to go out, site near a window and get yourself a good dose of sunshine. Your body and mind need it.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,468 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 2/15

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):

Yesterday was a good day and the scale is already starting to come back down. Today, I will get a workout in! I was only a little over on carbs so I am calling the day a success 😁

Good Morning Andrea... I changed your step goal to 7000...Are you wanting to go back to 9000?
  • azkunk
    Options
    @lcfa5317 - great job on the stationary bike. Try to stay warm.

@Beautyofdreams - thanks for the encouragement 😊 Good for you to stand up for yourself and prioritize your health and well being. Did you ever think that maybe living with your mom is holding you back from living your fullest life. Sure it might seem lonely at first but the more independent you become, the more you will have control and you will find your tribe. Maybe this aqua fit class is that first step.

@Tazaria87 - the punching bag sounds like an awesome workout

@jimboden3 - nice loss
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post February 15
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 9047
    Exercise 35min Inc Dance Video

So we hooked up our old Wii to the living room TV for something new for the kids to do. They've been having a blast. Due to them having the tv most of the day though, my workout was pushed to the evening haha. My son's preschool has been cancelled for the last 2 days due to frigid temps. The city has also been doing rolling blackouts for energy conservation so we were without power for an hour this morning.
  • azkunk
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 2/15

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):

Good Morning Andrea... I changed your step goal to 7000...Are you wanting to go back to 9000?

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - yes please 😊

Steps yesterday were 10275

This discussion has been closed.