Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
75c5tr3bdy9d.png

Here is your Team chat room for February 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Z10Rtza and @littleflutterby

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    My name is Megan ....I am the co captain of the Downsizer's team with our amazing team captain Linda... I am also one of the moderator's of F2F so when there is a problem I help try to resolve it with the other 3 moderator's ... I am also in charge of recruiting new members each month ....I have home schooled my daughter for the past 10 years ... She will be a junior in High School come August ..that is crazy to think about ....it seems like yesterday she was a 5 year old ...I also have a 21 year old son .... I have 2 calico cats names Kylie and Mocha ....2 dogs Dakota the German Shepherd and Aspen the Siberian Husky and a very talkative parrot name Petey ...Looking forward to getting back to my walks (have been sick almost 2 weeks) I have quite a few health issues going on with me at this time ....I see my surgeon on the 11th to see if I have yet another hernia (I have this bulge in my tummy) ..I just found out that I have kidney stones again (3 surgeries later and they keep coming back ) I also just found out that I have polyps on my kidney's so I am waiting to see my urologist again...and I have a fatty liver ..it seems like it is never ending but I will not give up on myself .... I turned 50 December 29th and I lost 50lbs by 1/29...I am over the moon with my weight loss progress .....I was born in Canada but have lived in California most of my life .... I am wanting to build a home in Colorado (right now that is a dream but hoping I can make it a reality ) :)

I am in charge of the step challenge ...Please let me know if you want to be removed, excused or added to the step challenge .... Also if you can please give me a pledge of what number of steps you would like to hit each day ..for example 10,000 steps daily ...at the end of each week ...you will be recognized for hitting your step goal ...if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask ...wishing everyone much success on their journey :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers February team chat! My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Megan @Megan_smartiepants1970. Ziortza @Z10Rtza and Tanya @litterflutterby are our wonderful team motivators.

I am originally from Newfoundland but I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 56 years old, married, retired due to a disability and have 3 adult children. I also have 3 beautiful granddaughters. Hayley and Norah live in Ontario but little Stella lives in Scotland. I have 2 cats, one named Nick and the other Lady.

I struggled with my weight since the birth of my son 33 years ago. So I have been overweight most of my adult life. I started my weight loss journey in February 2019 and have been with F2F ever since. I can’t believe it has been 2 years. I was under a lot of stress for over 4 months and unfortunately gained over 25 pounds. I have binge eating disorder and the stress triggered the binges. January was a restart. I ended the month with a small loss but that’s a beginning. I walk normally for exercise but that has been sidelined due to nerve pain. My new apartment has an exercise room and a pool so once lockdown is over I will be making use of them.

February goals
    1. Sleep minimum 7 hours a night.
    2. 4000 steps daily
    3. Drink 100 ounce water
    4. Stay within my calorie average for the week
    5. Track and measure every bite that goes in my mouth

Housekeeping

Weigh In
    We will post a weigh in reminder every day. The format for posting your weight is in the team chat introduction above. If you can’t weigh in durning a particular week, please let me know ahead of time.

Daily Check In
    Checking in daily is important. It is the key to making the group work for you. You can do this is any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. If you want to participate let her know.

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the idea lounge, recipe sharing, weekly challenges and the habit tracker.

Please take time to introduce yourself as it is fun to get to know your teammates!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    1uw1l5bkbsdm.png

Fat2Fit's Habit Tracker –February Habit Tracker

Everyone on any F2F team is welcome to use our habit tracking spreadsheet. The tracking starts Sunday, January 31st. Click the link and follow the easy steps to set up your tracker. :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am missing quite a few steps from people for the month of January ....Would the following people give me their steps ASAP otherwise I will be zeroing them out on 1/31 in the evening

@scribb 1/29 & 1/30
    @lelbarou 1/29 & 1/30
    @DawnCumm 1/29 & 1/30
    @363days 1/24-1/30
    @draby2011 1/24-1/30
    @Sripalbhansali 1/24 -1/30
    @eaturpasta 1/24-1/30
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/30 Steps 11,105

Welcome to the new members!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @jimboden3
    I just read your post on the Jan. board and had to come here to comment:) What a wonderful post! So much insight and wisdom. Very motivational and inspirational. Perhaps you could copy and paste it to this Feb. board so that everyone will see it, especially the new members:)
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps for week (missing)
    Jan. 29 - 7388
    Jan. 30 - 17591

@jimboden3
    I agree with @iradi8. Your post was awesome. Please copy and paste it into February!

Check in for Jan. 30
    I am on a weekend challenge for Christy who is a new MFP friend so I pushed myself with my steps yesterday. Frankly, my knee is a bit sore, but I have to go out today and do as best as I can! Saw my sister for a walk. She was her typical wacky self! Absolutely, ZERO filter so everything just flows out! Just brutally honest, but I kind of think it's funny!

WELCOME to our new people.
    I'm sure you will have an amazing experience!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    INTRODUCTIONl
    Hi My name is Laura (AKA Lelbarou)
    I am from and live in Toronto.
    I have been in the group pretty much since I started on MPF nearly 3 months ago.
    It has been an amazing support system and experience which I'm sure you will enjoy!

I am very overweight and was getting more and more health issues as a result
    of my weight: knee issues, breathing issues etc etc.

My goal is to get into a healthy BMI zone and get as fit as I can to have a longer, happier and healthier life!

Let's DO THIS! WE CAN and WILL get this done TOGETHER!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have 1 more heading our way .... Please welcome @blueberryyogi :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post January 30
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 108oz
    Steps 9002
    Exercise 20min Arm/Shoulder Lift & 33min
    Walk/Jog on Treadmill

Got the main area of my house all cleaned, did dishes, and folded laundry. Wasn't really planning on cleaning a bunch but once I started I just kept going. It flabbergasts me how dirty the wall at the breakfast nook gets. And I never realise just how bad it is until I'm sitting on the floor scrubbing it. We all pretty much sit at the counter whenever we eat and with a 2 and 5 year old who put their feet on the wall, it won't stay clean long.

• DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am late:
    Sat weight still 156 : (
    Steps:
    1/29 = 1,893
    1/30 = 10,739

I am gonna, work on this the next two weeks. Leave for Jamaica on 2/11 so will be AWOL for a week or so.....
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just joined the group and am super excited about it. My name is Emily and I live in Colorado. I’m 36 and a single mom to the most amazing 2 little girls who are 4 and 5 (they are 11 months apart), a ragamuffin cat and in a few months a German shepherd will be joining our family. I’m a serial starter on MFP and am really hoping this group will help me stay on track and accountable.

Welcome to our amazing team .... Jealous that you live in Colorado ... I am sooo wanting to build a house there ...I am a single mom of 2 kids and I home school my daughter (always have) I have a German Shepherd and a Siberian Husky ..along with 2 calicos and a parrot :) Wishing you much success on your journey :)
  • COscorpio8402
    COscorpio8402 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    COscorpio8402
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 194.2
    CW: 194.6
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Some intro for a new month! Below are my 'stats':

DawnCumm
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    CW: 156
    PW: 156
    LTD: 99

My name is Dawn, I am 59, hoping to get down to 140 before I turn 60 in July. Of course hope is not a strategy.
    I have a fitted dress I might try to wear so better work on my plan of attack. Grandmother of two, one son, husband, dogs, horses, outdoor person but have a super sedentary job with long hours each day. Movement is my most difficult challenge.

My son is getting married in Feb, hence scary trip with COVID still lurking. May reception for my son if we can gather a crowd, Bday in July, so tons going on this year to help encourage me to get into shape.
This discussion has been closed.