Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    Please let me know if you want to be added, removed,excused from our Step Challenge ...Thank you :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lelbarou
    Amazing steps! It is great that you are challenging yourself. Take care of your knee.

@mari_moulin
    Emotional eating is something a lot of us experience and is definitely a tough one. I am glad you took charge today and went to the gym. It is so easy to let a bad day of eating to snowball into two days, a week or even a month.

@jimboden3
    Thank you for your post. You have some really good points. The questions you ask yourself is something we all need to reflect on. As for the step challenge, I am sure Megan would be ok if you post them every few days or even weekly as long as she has all of them by Sunday. Thank you for all the ideas.

@DawnCumm
    I will update your weight. I am very jealous of your Jamaica trip. I hope you enjoy the trip. I will note you are missing weigh in on the 13th. If you are going to miss more than that day let me know. I am also jealous of your horses. I haven’t been on one since I was 16 but would love to again.

@Tazaria87
    Well done on those goals yesterday.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I put down the wrong current weight. It's CW: 154.2 lbs.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Steps 6,533 ✅
    Sleep ✅
    Water ✅
    Track ✅

Yesterday’s eating left something to be desired. I gave in and took the pain medication that does give me a small bit of relieve unfortunately it makes me ravenous. The positive was I stopped before it turned into a binge. Progress!

Sunday is going to be my relaxation day. After having the kids last week, I am tired. I have to finish laundry and wash the floor but anything else can wait until during the week.

I hope you enjoy the last of you weekend!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

8b0e185t0eze.png

hj0r11a85f71.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the February Week 1 Challenge! Be the groundhog. Look at the shadow...
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10823211/february-week-1-challenge-the-shadow/p1?new=1
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    If anyone wants to be added to the step challenge please let me know so I can add you to the spreadsheet...All you do is post your steps daily or weekly ...Please also include a step pledge(a number that you plan on hitting daily etc ...at the end of the week you will get recognized on how many days you hit your step pledge ...wishing everyone much success :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/30: 10,753
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone quick check in. I know I already posted my intro but I thought I’d add a little update. Yesterday was my official weigh in day and even tho I did have a loss for the week, I was feeling a little disappointed because I had actually done better earlier in the week. I’ve been working out for 2 weeks now and had a gain last week due to water retention from muscle pain but that’s gone now and I guess I was expecting a big loss for the week. Anyway I totally let this play with my head, to the point of making myself physically ill. I spent my day eating like a jerk, sleeping, and had lots of dizziness from all the crap food I ate. I’m a bariatric patient so some foods make me very ill. (Dumping syndrome). Anywho I woke up this morning as weighed in 2 Lbs heavier than yesterday. I’m so disappointed in myself. I worked so hard for 2 weeks and it only took one day of stupidity to bring me back to where I started.

I was so angry and frustrated but I got my gym bag and went straight to the gym to let out my frustration. I must learn to not turn to food when I’m feeling down or upset. This is my worst habit and so far it’s been the hardest to change.

Anyways, that’s all. Sorry for venting and thanks for taking the time to read me ❤️

Uhg dumpings are the worst! I have them whenever I forget not.to drink water after food.
    The bad habits are quite difficult to change but not impossible! And every day is a new day to start over. That's the beauty of it.
    It's annoying to do a lot of effort and not see the results we want but they will come
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just joined the group and am super excited about it. My name is Emily and I live in Colorado. I’m 36 and a single mom to the most amazing 2 little girls who are 4 and 5 (they are 11 months apart), a ragamuffin cat and in a few months a German shepherd will be joining our family. I’m a serial starter on MFP and am really hoping this group will help me stay on track and accountable.

Welcome to the family! Prepare yourself a warm tea because once you are here, you feel so comfortable that you don't go.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Z1ORtza I need steps from you on 1/30
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    1/31
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 156.5 lbs.
    Current Weight: 154.3 lbs.

@COscorpio8402, Welcome Emily! This a great, supportive group and I wish you success on your health journey.

Hi, I am Deb, a 5'7", 57 y.o. kidney/transplant recipient. I am currently Stage 4 chronic kidney disease. My health and weight have not prevented me from living my dreams. I have been zip lining, hot air ballooning, tandem sky-diving and owned 4 horses. My dreams for the future include participating in the Insane Inflatables race, axe throwing, trampolining, learning archery and if I ever save up the money, to drive an exotic car in the Xtreme Xperience and to see a Chicago Bulls game.
    Currently, I walk(weather permitting) and do beginner weight training. I am teaching myself to play acoustic guitar. Was given my boyfriend's guitar after he died of Covid in December.

Wow you are so inspiring!
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I would love to continue in the stepchallenge with the 8.000 steps as a goal.
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    @Z1ORtza I need steps from you on 1/30

12.264 steps :)
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan! Sorry about your shoe!
    Please keep me in the step challenge at 8000 steps a day!
    Thank you!!!!
This discussion has been closed.