Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I have been feeling kinda bummed the last couple days because I haven't seen my weight really budge so I HAVE to make myself get in the habit of not weighing myself everyday! I spoke to the coach and was like "Hey! You increased my calories and I am not losing weight! I am not convinced!" lol She talked me off the ledge and reminded me of the fact that I am not killing myself with cardio like I used to and I am working on building up my lean muscle mass. She reminded me that is why I took measurements because the scale is truly not our friend! So this week's check in is still a huge win for me even if the scale doesn't match it! Here goes:

SW: 278lbs
    LW: 243.2lbs
    CW: 243 lbs
    weight loss this week: 0.2lbs

Right Arm: 16.5" (down 1")
    Left Arm: 17" ( down 0.25")
    Chest: 44.5" (down 0.5")
    Waist: 46.5" (DOWN 3.5"!!!!!)
    Neck: 14" (unchanged)
    Right Thigh: 28" (down 2")
    Left Thigh: 28.5" (down 1")
    Hips: 50.5" (down 0.5")
    Right Calf: 16.5" (down 1")
    Left Calf: 18.5" (down 0.5)
    Inches lost this week: 10.25" !!!!!!!!

I will take this as a win!!!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I have been feeling kinda bummed the last couple days because I haven't seen my weight really budge so I HAVE to make myself get in the habit of not weighing myself everyday! I spoke to the coach and was like "Hey! You increased my calories and I am not losing weight! I am not convinced!" lol She talked me off the ledge and reminded me of the fact that I am not killing myself with cardio like I used to and I am working on building up my lean muscle mass. She reminded me that is why I took measurements because the scale is truly not our friend! So this week's check in is still a huge win for me even if the scale doesn't match it! Here goes:

SW: 278lbs
    LW: 243.2lbs
    CW: 243 lbs
    weight loss this week: 0.2lbs

Right Arm: 16.5" (down 1")
    Left Arm: 17" ( down 0.25")
    Chest: 44.5" (down 0.5")
    Waist: 46.5" (DOWN 3.5"!!!!!)
    Neck: 14" (unchanged)
    Right Thigh: 28" (down 2")
    Left Thigh: 28.5" (down 1")
    Hips: 50.5" (down 0.5")
    Right Calf: 16.5" (down 1")
    Left Calf: 18.5" (down 0.5)
    Inches lost this week: 10.25" !!!!!!!!

I will take this as a win!!!!

Look at those inches disappear! The scale doesn’t always tell the whole story.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    ✅Steps 7,174
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

I had to cut my first walk short as I had forgot about a doctors appointment I had over the phone. I the walked to the supermarket near us instead of having my husband pick me up and take me there. It was longer than I have done so I was in a lot of pain by the time I got there. But I did it,

The doctors appointment was a phone follow up with the urgent covid clinic that followed me when I was sick. I have been having quite a few headaches since I was sick and my memory sucks. The covid doctor feels that is happening as a result of me having covid. I also have been using my puffers at night but didn’t think anything about it. I have to go for a lung function test and I have to see a neurologist. Stupid covid!

I missed my sleep goal but I do every Friday to get up for groceries. My steps are really high for me. Yay me! After groceries we are going to get our hair done. Myself and Hayley looked at different short hair cuts and narrowed down to a few. It has been quite a few years since I had my hair short but once the pool opens I want something that is easy to take care of.

Have a great weekend!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    My name is Rachel. I’m new to the team, thanks to @Bluetail6 for inviting me.
    I am 35, and have struggled with weight for a long time. I reached my goal weight several years ago, but then things happened, and I gained nearly 40 pounds. I am in the process of working it off.
    I was at my heaviest between July and August, 2020, at 179.6. I have worked some of that off, and am now at 165.0....so I am seeing some progress.
    I’m a high school teacher, currently teaching both digital and in-person...therefore I am tethered to my desk most of the day, which is SO frustrating because I can’t get up, and move around like I normally would in a regular year.
    I would love to join the step challenge, at 6000 steps a day, @Megan_smartiepants1970 . Eventually I will tick that up. It started out at 4000 when school first went back into session, but fortunately I’ve been able to bring it up.
    I will say that I don’t always move around a lot on weekends, but I will do what I can.
    Thank you so much. I’m excited to keep up with everyone, and learn from everyone.

Username: red1185
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 164.4
    CW: 165.0

Welcome to our amazing talkative team .... I will add you to our step challenge ...Wishing you the very best on your journey :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am off to go walk with my daughter and husky ....We haven't been out there for a few days so I am excited :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @red1185 - Welcome :)

@lindamtuck2018 - I'm sorry that you are experiencing some of the long COVID symptoms, it's good that you have a COVID doctor following you. Great job on the steps yesterday! I am raising my water goal to 90 oz/day to help with the sodium. Hopefully, that helps.

@draby2011 - a loss is a loss! Maybe there is a little inflammation going on due to the change in your exercise routine. Hopefully, next week will be better.

@cesse47 - sometimes you just need a cheat day ;)

@lelbarou - I am incredibly stubborn as well. I know I need to weight train but I hate it.

@mari_moulin - it is so frustrating when you are doing everything right and the scale is not cooperative. Keep going, it will catch up.

• azkunk
    Options
    Check-in for Friday, 2/27

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40):✅❌❌
    Exercise 3x /wk: ✅❌❔

Cheat day yesterday with margaritas and pizza. Scale stayed the same today so I will take that as a win. My husband has agreed to the Concept 2 RowErg. It is a compromise between what each of us initially wanted. I am super excited and totally impatient that I need to wait 6-7 weeks just to place the order.

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 183.6
    CW 181.3
    Loss w/ MFP since 4/17/20 88.4lbs
    LTD 141.4lbs
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/25 16,240
    2/26 17,489

Had an awesome step week even being back from vacation. The week flew by and was good getting into a routine with the kids back in school 4 days.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/26: 4,515
  • azkunk
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    just got back from a 7.72 mile walk ......windy here so that was a bit of a challenge but still enjoyed it :)
  • azkunk
    Options
    just got back from a 7.72 mile walk ......windy here so that was a bit of a challenge but still enjoyed it :)

You walk so many miles, where are you walking? In a neighborhood, a trail, a track? How long do you walk?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »

Is this for today ? I don't have anything for 2/26 is why I am asking
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited February 2021
    Options

You walk so many miles, where are you walking? In a neighborhood, a trail, a track? How long do you walk?

We walk around our town/neighborhood ....Today we walked 3 hours
  • azkunk
    Options

We walk around our town/neighborhood ....Today we walked 3 hours

I really admire your dedication to walking especially with your dog. If I tried to take my dogs on a walk with me, it would take me an hour to go a mile. They are old and slow.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    Guess what? March starts tomorrow in F2F Land. Here is your new team chat! Please post all remaining weigh-ins for February here, and introduce yourselves on the new month - thanks!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10825974/downsizers-march-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @draby2011 wow, that's so impressive!! I didn't know things could even change that fast. I'm glad you are seeing results.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @red1185 Welcome to the team!
This discussion has been closed.