Definitely February 2021 - Accountability thread

Options

Replies

• l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    @Antiopelle Flooded or not, it's a lovely picture!
  • shannondisley1
    shannondisley1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5’6”, 20
    CW: 118
    Feb GW: 115
    Hoping to start doing weights when the gyms open again.
    04/02 - 118
    05/02 - 117 - worked a night *kitten* last night, I usually feel very bloated after a night so happy with the loss !!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    @SherryRueter I can definitely vouch for the “fillingness” of the protein shakes. I try to have them daily. My recipe is 8oz almond milk, scoop of vanilla plant protein powder, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, cup of spinach, and ice in a blender. Then I top with cinnamon.

That’s my base - but depending on what I feel like, I’ll add chia seeds for fiber, hemp seeds for protein, or PB 2 for peanut butter flavor when I want to jazz it up. I’m full for hours after! And it’s delicious!
  • shannondisley1
    shannondisley1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5’6”, 20
    CW: 118
    Feb GW: 115
    Hoping to start doing weights when the gyms open again.
    04/02 - 118
    05/02 - 117 - worked a night shift last night, I usually feel very bloated after a night so happy with the loss !!
    06/02 - 120 - bit disheartening but I’m putting it down to water weight as I’ve stuck to my calories all week! Learned recently that I have gluten and dairy sensitivities so today was day 1 of cutting them out for a month to see how I feel! I’m excited for this as whilst I have been looking for meal ideas, it looks like I’ll be eating more nutritional whole foods, also means I have to start thinking about ingredients in foods. Also began intermittent fasting today, hoping this makes it easier for me to stay within my calorie goals.
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8
    January EW: 156.5
    Feb GW: 154.5

2/6: 156.5

Going for an easier goal this month because of Valentine's day and the super bowl. I'll still have to focus though.
  • mehah82
    mehah82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'2
    CW 130
    GW 120
    Doing cardio daily. Going to start weights tomorrow. Friend me if you want to have a buddy!
  • AliciaHollywood
    AliciaHollywood Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    5’8
    CW 124
    Goal weight 115
    Feb GW 122

I had gained weight and was up to 134 lbs and then because of the pandemic, without even trying lost 10 lbs because of no social life, no eating out, and no alcohol because I live alone and don’t drink alone. I occasionally drink on Zoom social calls and social VR but maybe only one glass of wine which is a lot less than what I usually have socially. I often used to go to several events a night, starting at 6pm and going till 2am with open bars or sponsored alcohol and catered food so a lot can be consumed during that time!

I’m a very healthy eater though, mostly organic, no junk food, no processed food with chemicals, no red meat, mostly vegetarian but occasionally chicken. I realize now that I really don’t eat much at all naturally and only gain weight when I’m very socially active. I just started keeping track of calories again a few days ago because I think I wasn’t eating enough and now I’m wondering if I’ve always eaten this little at home and it’s all the alcohol and less healthy food at events, parties, and on dates that made me gain weight. Before I started counting, I was probably often only eating about 800-900 calories a day, sometimes less. I have to keep adding calories at the end of the night to get to 1,000 so MFP won’t chastise me lol. But I’ve been very sedentary since Covid. I would have liked to walk around my once nice & safe neighborhood but since Covid there’s been a lot of crime and I have the Citizens app and am shocked about how much crime involving guns, knives, machetes and even a sword is moving into my area! So I’ve been afraid to even walk except a few times when I went on hikes with friends or went for walks on the beach with a friend,

Anyway, my goal is to work out more and get more toned and get to around 115-118 and hopefully not gain too much back when things open up and I’m social again. My normal weight tends to stabilize between 120-125 but I’ve gone up as high as 136 (when I was dating a guy and we were decadent often eating ice cream with Kahlua & Bailys & Malibu) and as low as 109 (when another guy I was dating told me his ex-girlfriend was “skinny as a rail” so I though I had to be too.) I probably shouldn’t let guys I date influence me lol.

I have a few workout apps in VR that I started doing which at least make workouts fun because I really hate working out. I know I’ve lost muscle tone and need to get it back! So my goal is to lose a few more pounds while toning everything up. I made my goal weight extra low in preparation for when social life opens up again so I have a little cushion and don’t gain too much back.
  • graceelanor
    graceelanor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm late to this!

Height: 5'11
    CW: 157
    GW: 140

February goal: 152

Trying to keep it slow and steady rather than crashing out after going too hard, which tends to be my style! I want to leave the house every day, ideally for a 30 minute walk but even for the headspace for 10 minutes to break up the working from home boredom. I'm so ready for the gyms to re-open but need to hold my nerve and not sabotage my progress before then.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    BMI: 25,1
    CW: 73.5
    February GW: 72.0
    GW: 71.0

01/02: 73.5 - I'll expect a very slow loss this month. February is usually very wet and cold and I don't expect to be able to do a lot of cycling. I still have the shoulder injury and in combination with the lock-down, that means a pretty sedentary lifestyle at the moment.
    02/02: 73.8
    05/02: 74.1 - Yesterday we had a 24 hour break from winter with spring in the air. High temps and a little sunshine even. So I took my bike and went for a long ride. Hubby and I also had a walk to check on the fields behind our house, as we expected floodings. And indeed, even the pathway was completely flooded. As from today, we expect more rain and even snow. We hope that the water doesn't rise much higher...
    08/02: 73.1 - Saturday was the last day that I could go biking and I did my longest bike ever: 70km (43,5miles), that gave me some leeway to eat chocolate this weekend. In the evening it started to snow and now the whole country is covered in a white blanket. So no more biking for at least 10 days. On the positive: I've stopped taking my pain meds for my shoulder on Friday evening, and so far so good. Fingers crossed I can keep it this way ! :blush:
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    l4a_p wrote: »
    @Antiopelle Flooded or not, it's a lovely picture!

Thanks @l4a_p !
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    @SherryRueter I can definitely vouch for the “fillingness” of the protein shakes. I try to have them daily. My recipe is 8oz almond milk, scoop of vanilla plant protein powder, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, cup of spinach, and ice in a blender. Then I top with cinnamon.

Thanks CeeBee! In the past I have added some of the Sugar Free coffee syrups....like the cinnamon or the Peanut butter.... YUM. I made a couple shakes over the weekend using 6oz almond milk, 100g Frozen strawberries, 6 ice cubes and protein powder and...its thicker than a DQ shake. JUST wish I had a fire place to enjoy it by because I get SOOO cold! hmm.... maybe I need to make it and then hit the hot tub! LOL.