Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 225.8
    CW: 224.4
    LTD: 23.6
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad things are working their way out and you are drinking enough water to do that. I love soy chorizo! It's so good!!! That's a good idea to bring your own snacks to the show.

@TwistedSassette Thank you! I think it's fine to think of this group as your coach. There's certainly enough support and good advice! That's amazing that you ate pasta the day before weigh-in and still lost weight, I can never do that lol! Enjoy "Fat Friday"! :) You are doing great!!!

@TeresaW1020 Oh dear! I'm sorry your back is hurting now. My husband checks off all the boxes that you list so he's signed up to be my coach! I hope you have fun on your trip.

@AustinRuadhain I'm glad I could give you a giggle! :)

Hi all. I loved my new doctor and she gave me some suggestions for sleep, including NOT drinking my nightly wine spritzer and taking a higher dose of melatonin. I tried both last night and although I woke up just as much, I did sleep better. I got some snacks delivered, my plan is to divide them up into smaller portions and write the points on the bag. It's an experiment to see if I can have salty snacks in the house. We'll see how I do this week!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • trooworld
    edited February 2021
    Options
    2nklkzp5kcjg.jpg

BECK DIET SOLUTION POST

Day 7: Arrange your Environment
    Prepare your home and workspaces by eliminating temptation. Remove or put tempting foods where they are out of sight. You might have to have a conversation with your family or co-workers about leaving tempting foods in plain sight or even worse, trying to push food on you when it’s not part of your eating plan. This is about your health and being the best you can be, so don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself. Those that love and respect you will appreciate your honesty and might even be able to help you along the way.
    Do this: Go through your pantry, fridge, and other places where food is that you shouldn’t be eating. Throw it away, give it away, or put it out of sight. REPLACE with foods you can eat! This is important because so many of us get rid of foods and we don’t have a replacement and that just sets off our cravings and feelings of deprivation. Don’t let that happen to you!

Today’s Question: What steps did you take to arrange your home and/or work environment so that you can set yourself ups for success?
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Slims!

Thursday Check-in Follow-up
    I did get that workout done, so managed an all-green day.

And I have started today well, with an on-plan breakfast and completing my martial arts exercise.

I talked to my husband to let him know he's being my coach, as per the Beck plan, while we were walking last night. So the easy way to fit this in is to check in on our daily walk. Super simple. I feel very lucky to have a supportive partner. I let him know that my current challenge is counting pb&raisin-free days. I am not sure it will make sense to anyone else, but I told him it was like the "Velociraptor Free Workplace" sign (like this) at our favorite toy store, which claims some hilariously small number of days since the last velociraptor incident. So I think "Velociraptor" is my new nickname for raisins, and I may post the sign in my pantry for a bit. You are all now welcome to think I am a nut!

@davidji82
    WOWzers! Great weigh-in! Congratulations! 🎉🥳
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you all for your support, it means a lot to me! Not much new here, my parents are stopping in today to visit, I haven't seen my mom since Christmas, I really miss seeing everyone more often. I can't be around my brother's family at all because they keep getting exposed with my brother working. I'm sorry I haven't been a good motivator lately, I've had trouble keeping up. Keep doing amazing everyone! I'm happy to see people checking in even if they aren't doing well, we're truly in this together!
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    gwamajtw91
    PW: 166.0
    CW: 166.0
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain --- I love the velociraptor free work place analogy and it works great for the pesky cravings like PB and raisins!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @padjoetho - 5 kg in a month is an amazing accomplishment, and right after the holidays when all the extra celebrations are fresh in mind... Big congratulations and keep doing what you are doing, because it bears great results.
    If you would not mind to teach us what worked for you Patrick, I can assure you lots of ears would turn your way.
    Onto a good February !
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Friday check in

I admit it - I'm a Habit Tracker Ho. I'm about to shower as I am just drained from the week, pretty tired. I'm checking in, though - I **WILL** GET MY GREEN CHECK MARK.

I was able to get all the water in - I've been setting up a water station first thing in the morning. I have a 3 cup plastic tumbler that I drink 2 of in between coffee trips and making hubs some tea and I strive for it to be all in by about 1030-11 so that I am good to go (or not need to go anymore) when I take a walk at 12. Then my 4 cup water container is given a little flavor boost and I drink it by dinner - and have been getting in an extra cup with the nightly dopes - water is good.

Steps are down today because it was raining at 5, but we did get a walk in at 12, I guess I'll have about 7500 today. I am in a deficit for the week, 31,875 steps. This month I decided to up my goal from 10,000 a day to 11,000 a day and it has rained so much that I have not been able to do it within the first week - clearly, I am to blame for the rain. I doubt I'll see that many in a 2 day time frame (Sat and Sun) but I'll see how close I can come. My goal is 77,000 a week or an average of 11,000 a day. Usually - that is no issue, I routinely beat that when weather is not so ick.

Cals are ok, I'm not going to complain. I have a goal of 1250-1400 a day and two days in a row I am over by 50 calories. Not a lot - but I keep going over by just a little...? That was happening when I was being more strict with 1240 a day so - perhaps I am always pushing the envelope. Which tells me I am in the 'eat as much as I can' state of mind.

Warning - Maria philosophy ahead (dangerous curves).

There are two mindsets that are pretty common, no matter what the actual plan is. One - eat as little as you can reasonably get away with while working the plan and lose weight. Two - eat as much as you can reasonably get away with while working the plan and lose weight. Both work; one is faster and the other is easier. This is a very simplistic explanation but generally people fall into one of the categories while on the weight loss journey. Seems I am in number 2 for now. This is something I realized years ago, it isn't in a book or blog.....this is pure Maria. :D
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 683 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    padjoetho wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Feeling a little demotivated

96.1kg starting weight for February

I was 101kg at start of Jan and didn't get an honourable mention but im good.

So 96.1kg starting weight for Feb

Thanks guys Patrick

Holy Toledo, @padjoetho that's almost 11 pounds! Agree with @GabiV125 do tell what you're doing. It really does make a difference to see the recognitions along the way - co-worker or family noticing, clothes fitting differently, scale numbers moving and recognition in the support group setting. Thanks for letting us know that there was a missing name in January - I'm sorry that happened and am here to celebrate with you NOW!!!!

rrvblfy8ti92.png

• trooworld
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain I love it! I've seen that sign and think it's hilarious. You are NOT a nut!

@raleighgirl09 I love the idea of setting up a water station. Great idea!

Hi friends. Things are okay on this end of the world. I didn't have any snacks yesterday and I discovered something very tasty: an Everything bagel rice cake + a smear of light cream cheese + a sprinkle of Everything bagel seasoning. Delicious! I'm looking forward to tonight's dinner: slow cooker chicken and dumplings.

• trooworld
    Options
    BECK DIET SOLUTION POST

Day 7 question:
    What steps did you take to arrange your home and/or work environment so that you can set yourself up for success?
    Answer: I have put all snacks (besides fruit) on top of the refrigerator. I cannot easily see them and it will be an effort to get some. I haven't done it yet because I didn't have time while I was working yesterday, but I also plan on portioning out the snacks I have in small ziplock bags. At work, I have no naughty food in my office. There are chocolates in the break room but I only really need to go in there if I need office supplies. I am not going to do anything about those chocolates.

• trooworld
    edited February 2021
    Options
    8ixl6i2phcci.jpg

BECK DIET SOLUTION POST

Week 2: Get Set: Prepare to Diet

DAY 8 - Create Time and Energy
    Dieting takes a commitment that goes beyond eating differently. Dr. Beck discusses how to MAKE time in your schedule: meal prep, exercise and change in routine. Be honest with yourself about this step. You’re going to have to develop a new mindset: Losing weight is so important to me that I’m willing to fit my life around the necessary activities (instead of vice versa).

Do this: Use a daily schedule from the book or print out two daily schedules. First, be honest about how you REALLY spend your time all day. Browsing social media, playing games, or watching Netflix counts! Find where you can cross off time sucking activities and put real focus on your health journey.

Then, on the second blank schedule, write out how you will NOW spend your time. Include meal prep, daily Beck readings, exercise, diet coach check in, giving yourself credit, checking in with this group, etc.

Today’s Question: What else can you do to make time and energy for this important journey?

This discussion has been closed.