adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    adhmrh
    **Friday Weigh In** (one day late)
    PW 229.6 lb
    CW 231.8 lb

LTD 71.2 lb
    Feb +2.2

It has been a bit of a struggle for the last couple of weeks. Glad it wasn't a greater gain. I am back in the zone, still not posting as much as I would like to but I am keeping up. I am catching up on my reading and task from the Beck book this weekend. Will try to check back in later.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    padjoetho wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Feeling a little demotivated

96.1kg starting weight for February

I was 101kg at start of Jan and didn't get an honourable mention but im good.

So 96.1kg starting weight for Feb

Thanks guys Patrick

Patrick you are doing great work! Congratulations! Yes, do tell us how you achieved this!

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    So many great weigh ins this week! Nice job team!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in

Hi all - a complete green check day on the Habit Tracker, WOOT!! More rain today but we walked earlier and longer, so only once before the rain started. Had a 4.5 mile walk in Beaufort, NC, along the waterfront. Quaint little town, busy even on a dreary February Saturday! Ending at nearly 14,000 steps today. Water went well but later than I do during the week, I'll finish up just before bed. Cals were under the 1250-1400 range and good choices. Had pancakes for breakfast so I skipped a drink in the evening - I told hubby I don't want to live in a world without pancakes so if I am reasonable, I can have them sometimes. I guess it had been over a year and although I don't eat them often, I do want them sometimes!

Man, we've got some great weigh ins going on here, very inspiring! I hope everyone had a great Saturday and looking forward to an even better Sunday!

@Firefly743 that's an awesome drop for the week, congrats!!
    @RYcare look at you go, great weigh in!!
    @mlhopp93 that's an awesome weigh in and brings you into a nice round number, congrats!
    @bethanie0825 a nice drop, so happy to see it for you!!
    @Cornanda fabulous weigh in and seeing that 7 is really terrific!
    @gwamajtw91 keeping it green, friend, way to go!
    @trooworld your dedication and working Beck - and more importantly YOU - is paying off! Congrats!
    @davors19 right there in the green is a great place to be!!

@katmary71 I hope you had a really good visit with your parents. I'm right there with you, I HATE not being able to see people, especially family. I guess I don't have any new words for it all, it just saddens me. Trying to just get through it without wishing a big chunk of my life away.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check-in
    It was a busy day today. My son was in an academic contest, and wanted his favorite take-out taco breakfast, so I was up and about early. I just finished my cardio workout, and am off to the HabitTracker to make sure I can collect all my green checkmarks for the day!

Random Audiobook Recommendation
    I picked up the new Ann Patchett novel on audiobook after seeing her on Seth Meyers last week. She's a great novelist, and the audiobook is read by Tom Hanks. I am actually a bit sorry to have finished it!

BECK DIET SOLUTION JOURNEY
    Day 7 Question: Arrange your Environment
    Ha! I was actually at work on this early. I did a lot of work on this early on, so there's not a ton of it left to do. The one thing was dealing with that pesky container of raisins. I did actually print up the Velociraptor sign for the inside of the pantry door, as it's a reminder and makes me laugh!
    https://www.wikiwrimo.org/w/images/Velociraptor_free_workplace_print_pdf_raptor_zone_office_by_ki-d312rez.jpg

Day 8 Question: Oooh! This is not a quick thing I can do this late in the day. I am going to work on this one tomorrow. I think I will find plenty to work on.

@Katmary71
    👐🏽👐🏽Hey there, I am thinking of you and wishing you well this evening. I hope that visit by your parents went well and gave you a lift.

@gwamajtw91
    👍 Great job holding steady this week!

@Cornanda
    🌟 Woohoo! Great weigh-in! Congratulations!
    And I am glad you liked the velociraptor free workplace.

@bethanie0825
    😀 Great weigh-in! Congratulations!

@padjoetho
    OhmyGOSH! Congratulations! I am sorry that you got dropped out of the mentions, and WOW to your accomplishment for January! Thank you for speaking up!
    And as @GabiV125 says -- could you say a little about what you are doing that is getting results for you?
    cpnitskd2akd.gif

@raleighgirl09
    ✔️I am right there with you on getting the green check marks, so no teasing here.
    I am going to try out the water station tomorrow. I am getting in my wayer, but often it gets push3ed to late in the day. I can work on d9oing better earlier in the day, especially in the 12 to 5 PM timeframe.

@mlhopp93
    Zowie! Great weigh-in! 😊
    Your dumbell work is inspiring! I need to do more of that. Thanks for the nudge! 🏋️

@trooworld
    Woohoo! Congratulations on that snack-free day! 😄😄😄

@RYcare
    🥳 Wow! What a great weigh-in! You definitely started February off with a bang!

@Firefly743
    🎉 Great weigh-in! Congratulations!

@Digger61
    👍 Great job staying steady this week! How are you feeling these days? Well, I hope?

@adhmrh
    Thank you for weighing in and checking in! It's great to do that, and especially great when things are going as well. I'll bet you can knock that gain back off shortly. I hope the Beck work helps you build in ways to make staying in the zone easier! 👐🏽👐🏽

@Beka3695
    ❤️ Woohoo! Thanks for the great Week 2 Challenge! I am looking forward to rooting around in my closet tomorrow!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10823928/february-weed-2-challenge-spring-cleaning#latest

Okay, off to get some good sleep. I was short on it today, and need to do better tonight!
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Posting this a day late 😀

Username: itsmegina
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 144 lbs
    CW: 146 lbs

Welp, two days ago I was 144, so hope that’s not really 2 new pounds! I won’t stress too much yet unless those 2 lbs stick around.

Have a great Sunday, everyone. I always enjoy reading all your posts!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 1 - Feb 2021 Sunday
    PW 139lbs (63.3kg)
    CW 140.4lb (63.7kg)
    LTD about 39lbs (17.8kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Gained 2kg for two weeks. Family birthday so ate too much yesterday. Plus having not been going for daily walks. Really tired recently not sure why. Feeling more energised since yesterday.

Still eating too much chocolate but my tooth chipped so feeling guilty. Maybe I'll snack less on treats. I didn't eat chocolate before bed but still need to work on not eating furing the day.

What will help me is to go to bed than munch in chocolate.
    Attached cubes that represent everytime I snacked on chocolate. zad9lfyr61m8.jpg

GOALS
    1. Fold cube AFTER eating choc.
    Share pictures with slimpossibiles
    2. Go for walk daily for only 30mins
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,995 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl Yay for an all-green day! It sounds like a nice walk. I'm glad you enjoyed your pancakes. Thanks, I'm working hard!

@AustinRuadhain I've heard mixed things about Dutch House. My friend that listened to it really liked it but then other people have said it wasn't very exciting. I'm glad to hear your opinion of it. I may give it a try from the library. I love that you printed the velociraptor sign! Great idea!

@apple852hk I'm glad you are feeling more energized today. Sorry about the chipped tooth. Great job resisting the chocolate bars before bed!

BECK DIET SOLUTION POST

DAY 8 Question: What else can you do to make time and energy for this important journey?
    I am a little ahead of the game on this one. I previously reported starting to chop up my veggies for the recipes for the week and I will continue to do that. I also will continue getting up a little bit earlier (at 4:00 a.m.!) so that I have time to both go on the internet and workout before work starts. Getting up at 4:00 a.m. means I must also go to bed earlier, so I have begun going to bed at 7:30. :(

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • trooworld
    edited February 2021
    Options
    078qpverg23o.jpg

DAY 9: PICK AN EXERCISE PLAN … and get moving!
    Long-term success depends on regular exercise. Exercise has so many benefits! Such as, helps you stick to your diet, boost your mood and reduces stress, burns calories, preserves muscle, builds confidence, makes you feel better physically, and improves health and helps prevent disease. Just to name a few!

There are two kinds of exercise:
    Spontaneous—Parking farther away at the store, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, walking the dog, etc. Use a Fitbit or pedometer to help challenge you to get in those extra steps throughout the day.

Planned exercise—Daily walk or run, joining a gym, swimming, exercise videos, playing a sport, hiring a trainer, doing a dance or exercise class, etc.

Do this: Decide on ways that you can do spontaneous exercises and what type of planned exercise you will do. The goal is to get in at least 30 minutes a day. If you are new to exercise make sure to check with your doctor before starting an exercise program.

Today’s Question: What exercise program are you doing now? What can you add or improve on with your current plan? How can you be more spontaneous in your activities to get in those extra steps and movement that your body needs every day?
  • trooworld
    Options
    BECK DIET SOLUTION POST

Day 9 question: What exercise program are you doing now? What can you add or improve on with your current plan? How can you be more spontaneous in your activities to get in those extra steps and movement that your body needs every day?

I am currently going for walks with my husband on some weekend days and during the week, I am doing Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos. I think I could improve by being more consistent with my weekend walks. I could also add in some spontaneous exercise by parking further away at work and at the stores. At work (only one day a week), I could get my water from the other building on campus. At home, I can set a timer to get up and move every 60 minutes while working, I tend to just sit in my chair and not move.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 696 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday comments on water station

Hi gang! So many folks made note of this thang I'm doing that I thought I'd share exactly what I am doing and how it is helping - you can adopt, adjust or ignore as fits your lifestyle!! B)
    • I make my coffee and fill up a 3-cup plastic tumbler and my 4 cup water container - and I add some flavoring to the 4 cup container. I put those by the coffee machine
    • When I come back for my second cup of coffee, I drink half of the tumbler
    • When I go back to make hubby tea, I drink the other half and fill that tumbler again and drink half
    • When I make hubby his second cup of tea, I drink the other half of my tumbler of water

Now I have 6 cups under my belt (literally). I try to have this all drank by about 1 to 1.5 hours before a planned walk at lunch - I typically don't eat until after the walk and the water helps sustain that desire. Timing is key so that I have a half decent chance of not being very uncomfortable on the walk. I have the rest of the day to drink from the 4 cup water container and - if I get extra water because that started early, so much the better!!

I remembered to set up my Weekend Water Station today, which is exactly the same as the Weekday version, I just have to remember to not let a good habit go by the wayside based on the day of the week.

I like the simplicity of this and am able to put it on auto-pilot, for the most part, and not have to think too much about it. This has evolved from either @buniphuphu or @Jactop commenting once that the key to getting the water was getting it EARLY and I could not agree more. It was a great piece of advice I needed to hear to help me out.

One of those "I coulda hadda V8" type of things.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Wow, I missed two days and there are nearly 50 posts to catch up on! Sorry I was offline most of the weekend.

Some great weigh-in results guys, well done!

I had a pretty quiet weekend at home with my boys. Hubby has started painting in our bedroom so he was busy most of the weekend while I hung out with the toddler. My sister came around for some board games, so I made pizzas and had a few beers. It was nice and relaxing (and I have leftover pizza coming out my ears!) but did mean a little uptick on the scale the last couple of days. After a big loss last week, I'm ok with that. I didn't do enough exercise but have plans to get good exercise in this week. The Game of Thrones challenge I'm in on MFP is requiring a minimum of 270 minutes this week, but aiming for 365 :astonished: so I'm going to be busy!

I have been making a bit more time for meditation and enjoying the relaxation of it. Last night I did "legs up the wall" which is something my yoga instructor recommends, while listening to a mindfulness meditation track and it was really good.

I'm sorry to say that I do need to drop out of the Beck read-along. I was reading the book (and may continue to do that) but I just find that I'm struggling to have the time to commit to it and I don't want to half-*kitten* it. Plus there are a few concepts that I don't agree with for myself personally (like the idea of good/bad foods, foods I should/shouldn't eat, it's not how I approach my healthy eating lifestyle) so it's hard to look past those things. I am interested in cognitive behaviour therapies though, and may still pick up some skills around not sabotaging myself and changing my thought patterns.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    he1xjth4sr2a.png
    Goals for February:
    Sleep: 47.8/193 hours (average 6.8 hours) - AT RISK
    Days below 1,960 calories: 4/7 - AT RISK
    Exercise: 110/660 minutes (average 15 mins) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 3/12 sessions - ON TRACK
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    jrlbz3eu5o8q.jpg

oizv02w9bmyw.png
    rc5erp2mwudu.png
    764jm3ic1akh.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    uvpgd28g8519.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    qch2rqulmcam.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Alwayswanderer 2.57 %
    2nd @digger61 2.39%
    3rd @angmarie28 2.25 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @digger61 5.0 Lbs
    2nd @TwistedSassette 4.8 Lbs
    2nd @lindamtuck2018 4.8 Lbs
    3rd @evangsimmons170 4.6 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @floecity
    @kiay131982
    @ShowKitten
    @kerdil08
    @Fat2Fit_Kat
    @Beautyofdreams
    @kandi3570
    @eggfreak
    @podperson1
    @davidji82

0sn2ml3an87a.png

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, team! We had a great week! Special congrats to @digger61, @TwistedSassette and @davidji82 for hitting the leaderboard!

@raleighgirl09
    Woohoo! What a great day you had!
    Crossing my fingers you get thaqt great walking weather you want!

@TeresaW1020
    Woohoo! What a smile you have in that photo! You are the poster girl for "no regrets!" Your great-niece is super-cute, too!

@TwistedSassette
    No worries if Beck doesn't work for you.
    I can burble at you about Tiny Habits sometime if you like. It is a behavior change thing rather than a diet thing, so not likely to bump up against how you do things? I am a huge fan.
    I SO love your reports on your monthly goals!
    And yay to meditation!

@raleighgirl09
    Thank you for sharing your water station specifics. I may steal siome of your ideas!

@trooworld
    Thanks for keeping us moving with the Beck questions!
    Dutch House - I can see it getting mixed reviews. The book isn't perfect. It would be hard to write a really tight page-turner that has a time scope of about 50 years. I would doubtless have loved it less had Tom Hanks not been reading it to me. So if you don't do audiobooks or don't like Hanks, you'd for sure enjoy it less than I did.

@Apple852hk
    Did you get in your walk today? I hope so!
    I love your origami boxes, even though they represent snacking on chocolate. So pretty!

Beck Diet Check-in
    Day 8: Create time and energy
    I need to do better at this for sure. I sketched out some ideas for updating my schedule this week. I waste too much time.

On the plus side, after thinking about this, I have been doing exercise AND Super Bowl/commercial watching with my husband today. Yep, I got out the platform and am doing step aerobics while I cheer and giggle at commercials.

Day 9: Exercise
    I am doing pretty well at this, but could do more. I freed up my bicycle today, which was a major undertaking, so I am looking forward to logging some cycling workouts in addition to platform and walking. I am also playing wiht adding wall push-ups and martial arts moves into little odd places in the day.

Personal victory: I got my husband to help me do a big piece of decluttering on our garage. SO excited! There is more to do this week, but we got rid of an old appliance that has been sitting in a corner of our garage for ages. Woohoo!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Hey gang! I'm having trouble responding to people with how I'm doing, if you want to demote me from being a motivator I totally understand.

Beck and Exercise- I'm still at least stretching every day, I'm trying to do a little arm cardio then arm weights one day and abs/core the next. A big thing people with my condition say was their biggest mistake was stopping moving so I refuse to do that. It really depends on how I'm doing, the cardio is to keep my blood sugar down plus mentally I love getting my heart rate up and rocking out. Stretching and strength are most important for mobility, I need to keep what I can and stay as independent as possible. I'll have to do something so my legs don't atrophy but I'm too unstable to be worse right now.

The cats still haven't had their nails trimmed. I think I told you my cats can get it free from their rescue group, the problem is my boyfriend's male is sticking to the carpet which is why I've looked into it, he's acting like his cat is going to get tortured if his claws are trimmed. I'm trying to let him come around but Beau follows me around and it sounds like he has velcro on all 4 paws! I think my boyfriend is getting tired of me saying to Beau how sorry I am that he's suffering, he brought up getting clippers this morning.

The visit with my parents was great, thanks for asking!

I ordered a medication from out-of-the-country and it finally arrived, I'm not totally sure I want to take it without supervision but I can't even get a new referral until next month. If I could get into a pain clinic I could get it prescribed but I'm on my own. I hate this because to get better insurance I need to work but I can't work until my pain levels are tolerable. The only reason I'm still alive is the ER and the cannabis tea, regular medical care has been failing me for almost a year now. I have a bad liver or I'd drink more often. I know it's depressing when I talk about this, I hope it doesn't bring you guys down. I think it can get better, it's just going to take a lot of fighting and patience.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

x3ewsy8qwetw.jpg

DAY 10 - Set a Realistic Goal

Goals are great motivators – if the goal is realistic! A weight-loss goal can initially make you feel excited, hopeful, and motivated. But if it begins to feel too difficult or too far away from being achieved, you can begin to feel overwhelmed or discouraged.

Do this: Break up a big goal into smaller pieces, such as losing 5 pounds at a time. Or pick one goal for the week, like sticking to the eating plan. Once you embrace the idea of smaller steps toward your big goal, you will find it easier.

Today’s Question:
    What’s your goal?
This discussion has been closed.