raleighgirl09 Posts: 682 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Week 2 weigh in Thursday (11Feb2021)
    Previous weight:178.0
    Current weight: 177.8 @broncobuddee
    LTD MFP #2 57.2 lbs
    LTD overall 122.2

Hi gang, I'm happy I show a small loss this week. It's been a hard week of trying to outrun the rain and deal with a hectic schedule for walking but the majority of the week was good. Even yesterday was ok when I checked in but when I went to bed I just laid there and laid there with my mind whirring a mile a minute. I finally got up and read for a while and had a yogurt snack with pb&j and so - that was a lot of calories, AND up until 2am (SOOO tired!). Today - well, by today we ran out of pretty much all of the precooked food options. We wolfed down burgers and whatever for lunch (actually, breakfast as it was the first meal) but I was not set up for success AT ALL No water station for the past 2 days as I started work early. No walks today because of cold rain all day. Odd dinner and a smoothie after and now my 5 week prediction is several pounds OVER what I am today - hello sticker shock!!!

UGH.

Anyway, will shop tomorrow for good things and do some pre-cooking and get back at it. At least I did not fall off the face of the planet here - well, not completely. No time for much reading but did see @TeresaW1020 post about Beck. Well, I have seen a couple of other folks comment on it so I know others read it - I have although not much the past several days. I would go with your gut - and folks may not comment much either way on how you do it. If it helps YOU but you feel odd about posting it here - you could post it on your home page and then we'd see it there, too, anyone linked with you. I'm good either way and I do read it when I can.

Hoping to get at least a page or two caught up this weekend on mingling with muh PeepPossibles!!!!! <3
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Username: itsmegina
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 146.0 lbs
    CW: 146.6 lbs
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    25fqvmln4lz0.jpg

Good evening, Slimsters!

It has been a bit of a wild day. The power went out last night. We did get it back today, but not in time for a morning check-in for me. Fun mental picture for you -- my son has a tropical bird as a pet. I got up early this morning to check on her, and ended up with a bird cuddled between two shirts I was wearing. She was chilly and went back to sleep once she got warm and comfy. I am still amazed and delighted to learn that birds are cuddly.

The weather here will be setting records for cold and winter precipitation for the next week. Kind of exciting, if we can keep things warm. I am reminding myself that outdoor walks in the cold will likely rev up my metabolism!

BECK Day 14: What are your thoughts on making a food plan and tracking it? Are you a pre-tracking, tracking after you eat, or not tracking at all? Do you struggle with meal planning?
    I love food plans and tracking. I don't always pre-track, but I'll go log breakfast and lunch, and check on how I am doing before I make dinner. I always write down what I eat (scratch paper), and them come do data entry later, as I find the keyboard easier and faster than the phone interface.
    Meal planning - I don't struggle. I do have a higher tolerance for eating something several days in a row, which makes planning easier.
    I am not super ambitious about big production recipes for myself. But I have to pay attention and mix things up ot it makes me a little nutty.

I love all of this advice:
    1. Think about how you’re going to get and prepare your food.
    2. Help you remember what your supposed to eat and when.
    3. Eliminate spontaneous eating.
    4. Tolerate occasional hunger and cravings.
    5. Make decisions about eating before you encounter triggers.

These are all things I pay attention to and have done lots of habit work on over the last coupe of years. I would agree that working on this could very likely help someone nit just lose weight but keep it off. It's certainly stuff I think about i a regular basis.

My problem spot right now is my afternoon snack. I have let the size of that creep up, and want to whittle it back down to about 100 calories. So that's the plan for tomorrow.

On the plus side, I am keeping to my eating schedule most days. Tuesdays I tend to be off, and I am working on that.

@raleighgirl09
    Congrats on the loss this week!
    Yes, those 5 week predictions can produce sticker shock when you have an off day. On the other hand -- your food seemed off to you and you would have to repeat that 34 more times to get that gain. And you sound like you are already gearing up for a more normal day for you!

@buniphuphu
    Woohoo! Congratulations on the great weigh-in!
    Housebound for someone that likes to move as much as you... hmmm. Walks around the house?

@TeresaW1020
    Hurray for not being up by much! You gave yourself permission to go a little crazy in Florida, but you are back at your regularly scheduled program, and it sure shows in that not being a big number.

My 2 cents on the Beck posts. I have been reading them all, and sometimes I go off and think about them and then (my bad!) don't get done thinking about them and come back to talk about them. (Also, I think my last post got lost entirely. Maybe I had not hit send when the power went down last night?)

I think the material is great. Day 14 is my favorite so far. But if it is a lot of work, feel free to back off from doing so much.

@davors19
    Hang in there! Is there anything you are focused on this coming week, as you keep working away at your health goal?

@trooworld
    I love your dust-yourself-off-and-get-back-to-work attitude!

@padjoetho
    You got this! You have a great plan going, and I'll bet you start on a new roll this week!

@davidji82
    Hi all
    Username: davidji82
    Check in day: Friday
    PW: 272.2
    CW: 271.1

LTD 100.9 lb
    Wow! Congratulations on passing the
    100 pounds lost
    mark!
    d6kdua3d1eek.jpg
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    mlhopp93
    HW -- 355
    Weigh in day Saturday

SW (130/2021): 277.6
    2/6/2021: 275.0 (-2.6)
    2/13/2021: 271.0 (-4.0)
    2/20/2021:
    2/27/2021:

Still cold in the Midwest and supposed to get colder. Did manage to get 6 out of 7 days with 10k+ steps with lots of treadmill time. Spring will be here soon.

Building time into my day for working out my taking time I would spend watching TV and using it for light weightlifting has helped my morning energy levels. Feels good to accomplish something non-work related before work instead of trying to cram in a workout in the evening. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    bvj05jjhnhg5.jpg

DAY 15 –Monitor Your Eating

It doesn’t matter if you are new to dieting or have been doing it for years. The knowledge you have gained over the last two weeks will help you to:
    Continually remind yourself of all of the reasons you have to lose weight?
    • Respond effectively to your sabotaging thoughts?
    • Choose a healthy diet plan and make reasonable modifications so you could stick to it?
    • Use specific techniques to tolerate hunger, desires, and cravings?
    • Consistently give yourself credit?
    • Make enough time in your schedule to keep up with exercise?

Do this: start to journal about your eating experiences, to reinforce your good habits and to learn from your mistakes.
    *Why it’s important to monitor in writing what you eat:
    It helps you strengthen your motivation.
    • It helps you build your confidence.
    • It helps you recognize and solve problems.

Today’s Question: What do you think about journaling your dieting? Does it help you or not? If you don’t journal is that something you think might be beneficial for you to start?

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Definitely give yourself some grace, you had a special occasion you celebrated and those don't come around that often.

@AustinRuadhain Awww, that's cute about your son's bird! I'm sorry you lost power, that is never fun. Well, it was fun one summer when it happened: all of us neighbors sat out in the common area and drank adult beverages and got to know each other!

BECK DIET SOLUTION POST
    Day 14 Question: What are your thoughts on making a food plan and tracking it? Are you a pre-tracking, tracking after you eat, or not tracking at all? Do you struggle with meal planning?

Answer: this is a no-brainer for me as I pretrack all my meals either the night before or the morning of. I also meal plan on Wednesdays for the following week. I do not struggle with meal planning at all. I enjoy it! I use a website/app called Plan to Eat. It costs a minimal amount of money each year but I find it worth the money.

Day 15 Question: What do you think about journaling your dieting? Does it help you or not? If you don’t journal is that something you think might be beneficial for you to start?

Answer: I already do this to some extent: I have an online journal that I utilize to comment on my weight loss journey. It does help me to journal, I can look back at how far I've come or my goals for the year. I can also voice things that are private (my journal is private and requires a password) and not worry about others reading it or coming across a paper journal.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    User: RYcare
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    PW 233.8
    CW 234.3
    LTD 20lb
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu Good loss this week! I hope things settle down for you so you can get some rest. :)

@raleighgirl09 All losses MUST be celebrated. So yayyyyy and good job!!! Thanks for your feedback on my question. <3

@AustinRuadhain Ohhh that is sweet that you have a cuddly bird! Yikes to all that cold weather and losing power! You remind me that I shouldn’t be complaining about how cold I think it is here when it’s not compared to you. Thanks for your feedback on the Beck posts. :)

@mlhopp93 Great loss you had this week! All that walking is really paying off for you. B)

@trooworld I looked at the Plan to Eat website. Looks interesting! I do agree that journaling our weight loss progress is a good idea. We will want to look back at it once we make goal. :grin:

@Firefly743 Wow, what a great week you have had? What did you do that worked so well? :)

Hi Team! Today, was a relaxing day at home. I did do a very good leg workout this morning and I fasted almost 23 hours today. I made a very yummy chili and a low carb cornbread. I splurged and had a bottle of beer with dinner. Sometimes you just gotta do it! ;) This week I've found a new passion and that is watching YouTube make-up artist tutorials for women over 50 and I found this woman named Kay Harms, who has a page called “Dressed for my day.” She does videos and has a blog. As I age and continue to lose weight, I want to look the best I can. Modern, young, but also age-appropriate. ;)

I’ve decided that for the Beck Diet Solution going forward I will stop posting the daily task and question and instead I will write about my own experiences with the program. That way I won’t be bogging down our group with things we might not all care about and you can feel free to respond to me, @trooworld, or others doing the program as you wish. :)

Beck Diet Solution Question of the Day
    Day 15—Monitor Your Eating
    As I mentioned yesterday, I haven’t been keeping track of what I’ve been eating but I have started doing so this week in my daily planner. Also a few months ago I started keeping a monthly summary of the highlights of what happens each month concerning my weight loss. In that, I keep track of big milestones, struggles, anything I’m doing that month that would affect my weight. I’m hoping that having records like this will be most helpful once I reach maintenance so that I NEVER become obese again.

2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain - that is very cute that birds are cuddly

@TeresaW1020 - Looks like you've decided about Beck..... that's good. I've been following along and doing the questions on paper- haven't found time to add them here. I'm a slow thinker and these questions have been coming at me FAST. I'm finding the parts about sabotaging thoughts and how to respond to them most helpful.

Also- the part about only eating when you are sitting down. Initially I thought- no problem for me, I always eat sitting down. Yup. No. I don't. And when I eat standing up, it's when I do the most damage. I'm working on this now.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 179.6
    CW: 179.8

+0.2

LTD: 11.3
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in and say hi, same old stuff on my end. I'm eating a little better now, I started my second steroid pack in a couple weeks and am waiting for it to help. No plans for Valentine's Day for obvious reasons, I guess I should plan something but I don't really feel like celebrating. I usually make heart-shaped pizzas with my nephews. Keep kicking butt gang!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,786 Member
    Options
    Username Digger61
    February week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 204
    CW: 204
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 682 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in

Slim'oLiciousnessES!!!!!! Coming to you from the freakin' FROZEN NC!!! Well - ok, from the somewhat cold 45 degrees of nothing but RAIN and threat of ice. I know - I'm weak. I hate winter.

Was able to get my walk in today and combined with some food shopping and some house work, I have hit and exceeded my 11,000 steps for today! However, I am shy of my average of 11,000 a day, 77,000 a week by over 5,000 steps as of right now - I had only 1700 yesterday so there is too much of a deficit to be able to take it home. Ain't gonna make it this week, gonna have to live with it. Calories should be good today, have had a very light day, hunger wise. Slept great last night, thank goodness, I was really tired - got up at 10am which is unheard of for me! Water wil be late but it will happen before day's end. Made a yummy soup and have had Valentine's chocolate and Johnny Walker Black for a quiet celebration with Frank - life is good, even if I sometimes get a little cold and cranky and tend to not focus on the good. I'll be fine, darn near halfway through February.....reason to celebrate just with that.

Hitting the highlights for my catch up this week - went back to see a couple pages of weigh ins. Keep on keepin' on, SlimOlahs, we'll eventually be past the winter!! Unless you're @TwistedSassette and then....um, you'll be past summer??? Are you miserable HOT to be the bookend to the US miserable COLD?????? B)B)B)

Some really good weigh ins this week!!
    @leonadixon what a great loss this week, way to go!!
    @davidji82 suhWEET!! excellent weigh in! Over the 100 mark....it's not really easy to put that into words, is it? I am soSO happy for you to see this milestone, it's an achievement on so many levels
    @anido1 holy cow - that's like - over 20 pounds! Congrats but I also hope everything is ok.... =>
    @Firefly743 very nicely done this is an awesome drop!
    @mlhopp93 SHAZAM that is a terrific weighin, way to go and congrats!! Super cold here, too, although likely warmer in NC than in the midwest.... => I wear my Weenie name well!
    @buniphuphu great weigh in - I hope you've been able to make a swim date at the Y while being so busy!!

Keeping it green, WOOT!
    @GabiV125 awesome stuff - some status quo is awesome, so happy you kept it blue+yellow=GREEN!!!
    @Digger61 great way to hold STEADY!!

Hang in there!!
    @davors19 this isn't what you're usually going for - we're with ya and cheeeeeering you on!!
    @TeresaW1020 the wedding and time with friends was so fun - and this is part of the cycle with being a little more flexible. You are doing an awesome job overall - this is a FANTASTIC opportunity for you to be plan to live versus living to plan. Getting past gains is a part of the process and, dare I say - part of the maintenance process
    @trooworld your overall plan is good and you have a lot of terrific habits in place and you'll be back to the routine quickly. A DQ next door.....? That is serious temptation - we're experimenting with keeping chocolate in the house - let's wish each other luck!
    @padjoetho there's always a new week to be had and a new opportunity to be back on track! =>
    @Cornanda a little bump in the road, you're doing so well overall - YOU GOT THIS and what a great revelation about eating while standing!
    @RYcare ugh, the wee little bits that are just fluctuations in the week.....next week will be better!it's
    @itsmegina just a small tick up, this will be turned around in no time, we're WITH YOU!!!
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    No loss this week! but 0.5lb gain not that bad, I was expecting way more … the super ball food lasted for the whole week in my house especially the sweets, I did manage to keep up with at least 35 minutes exercise in the gym every day, so I guess it helped.

DAY 13 - Overcome Cravings
    This is very challenging, same as eating slowly and chewing the food. I can’t seem to find a consistent way or technique that helps. My problem with my diet is my mind, my stressful life, and my sadness. Everything works well when I am happy, and everything seems to mean nothing when I am sad. I am working on making those sad days less frequent, and control what I can to make soul happy.

DAY 14 PLAN FOR TOMORROW
    Piece of cake for me. I am very organized and a planner. I work full time, and I homeschool my girls since the beginning of the pandemic. If I don’t plan and cook for the week, we end up with lots of take out, fast food, and options on the way aren’t always the best. We are so used to home cook, whole food, so the outside on the way food doesn’t make them full for a long time, and I end up buying more food on the way back from their activities. My girls are athletes (they are competitive swimmers and dancers, they also do gymnastics and ice skating) they train 7 days a week, primary sport is swimming. My oldest is 13 and swims at a national level, and my 9-year-old (my ballerina) is also an excellent swimmer who qualified for State when she was 8, competing and still with the 10 years old, but her heart is set on dancing which is fine with me, I always say “ as long as you are moving and exercising, it does not make a difference for me, I want you to stay healthy with doing what you love”.
    I have a list of the meals and snacks we like, when they ask for a new meal during the week, I added it to the list. Most of the time I ask for 10 minutes from their time Friday night, we decide on what we want for the coming week, I put my grocery shopping order online Friday night for delivery Saturday morning. I’ve been doing this for more than 10 years now, the delivery part I started maybe 4 years ago. This helps keep the junk out of the house, and reduced what goes in the trash because I find myself sometimes getting stuff I do not needed, or not have the full ingredients for the meal, I used to get some stuff just because it was on sale or appealing. Shopping for the ingredients for the meals you want to cook the same week is also great for keeping the meals somehow fresh, you buy and cook so nothing stays in the fridge for too long. Some weeks, I end up needing another mid-week delivery mainly for fresh produce, we do eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

DAY 15 –Monitor Your Eating
    I did track my eating for a while at MFP, which was an eye opening at the beginning realizing how many calories I eat. I am on and off tracking during the year, I just can’t find a good app to help with Mediterranean home cooked food. I use lots of my mom’s and grand-ma recipes with pure whole food and extra virgin oils, and I don’t weight my food so it is really hard to figure out calories.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,632 Member
    Options
    ***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.5kg
    PW: 131.4kg
    CW: 131.8kg
    LTD: 6.7kg
    LTW: -0.4kg
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 thanks for your sharing.

I've tried a few strategies to not eat before bed that has worked. But it's pushed me to eat chocolate instead, earlier in the day. That's what I'm trying conquer.

It's definitely not hunger but sensation of chewing I assume from boredom that affects me. I bite my nails too, which damages my body. But I also snack eat, that hurts my body by putting on excess weight.

Things that helped reduce my before bed snacking (but just shifted eating to earlier in the day):
    1. Brush your teeth and remember the 30min rule: you can't go to sleep until you brush your teeth, but you have to wait 30 mins after eating to safely brush your teeth. Otherwise you are rubbing sugar into your teeth before your mouth has rebalanced ph levels. If you have cavities, think of them bathing in sugar whilst you sleep and is that what you want.
    2. Eat at 6pm in evenings and only consume water and no food after that.
    3. Prepare your meal an hour before eating (cut veg, get oven on, pasta ready dry potioned, whatever ready for quick cooking). This means your not rushing to cook to eat and then gobbling than slowing eating your meal that wasn't stressful cooking.
    4. Snacking on peanut butter in celery stalks during the day. This is the chewing action I enjoy instead of crisps/chips.
    5. Create a bullet journal for the habit of eating at 6pm and days not eaten anything after dinner time. This one is challenging. I end up listing what treat I did eat. But it makes you accountable during the day as you'll need to write it on record

Let me know if any points inspired you. Good luck🍀 (🍎apple852hk)

[quote="raleighgirl09;c-.

@Apple852hk wow, wish I had the answer as to how to not eat the chocolate before bed - wanting to grab something before I head into slumber has long been an issue for me, as well. The simple answer is just don't but the execution of that is hard to put into practice. I'm considering a small blackboard sign in the kitchen that says "xx number of days since eating just before going to bed" and seeing if that helps. I will grab a nibble of something a couple times a week and rarely remember to log it. If it's very much at all, I do, but I need to not eat at all, even a tiny amount, it's not for hunger. I think if the sign was in there right now it would read 2 days or 3 days. I'll be watching to see other folks' strategy on this![/quote]

This discussion has been closed.