• RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8
    January EW: 156.5
    Feb GW: 154.5

2/6: 156.5
    2/13: 158.5

I really didn't want to post this week. The scale hasn't been nice to me and I haven't been nice to it. Vday was nice to celebrate but it also didn't help. I've been struggling with eating out for years. I don't care for it so much but my husband gets sad when I don't go with him. Especially now when there's not much else to do.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    5' 8"
    CW: 145.8
    GW: ~135ish
    Jan EW:143.6

Feb goal - hit 139

1. Stay off sugar - Feb 14th is allowed as a cheat day.
    2. Stay Keto - broke down and bought a pretty cool cookbook with lots of simple meals. So far my guys love them...they still want dinner rolls and such, but I skip them.

2/1 - 143.0
    2/2 - 143.6 - I stuck to keto yesterday but way overdid it.
    2/3 - 145.8 - cramps, bloating - ARGH! I did well yesterday, I know this is just hormones, but geez..
    2/4 - 145.6 - cheated and had a beer last night with my husband on the porch.... because sometimes you just need to sit on the porch and chat. Stayed under, rode a horse and did a million chores. Still feel bloated today, but I think I'm on the downhill side. Off to a race today, be back Sunday. Great little 'refocus' trip.
    2/8 - 141.8 - Crazy what 3 days of walking a million miles a day can do.. Fabulous 3 day race, starting to figure some things out. We won a little bit, left too much on the table.. I'm starting to feel my core strength really come back and my arms are getting defined again. Managed to avoid junk food.. always a struggle on long drives.
    2/9 - 143.0 - Decent day yesterday. Hubby came home with a craft beer and I thoroughly enjoyed that with dinner... but otherwise was on point. Our barn help quit.. which really really sucks. Especially since it's just me for the next 4 days. We're both stretched too thin timewise. I guess the upside is that I'll be getting more exercise now.
    2/10 - 144.2 - ARGH! I did exceptionally well yesterday with food & spent a few hours working around the barn last night.
    2/11 - 143.6 - just keeping to the grind. Yesterday was good, I have to remember weight loss isn't linear.
    2/12 - 140.2 - YAY! Hopefully this will stick around. I'm going more off average weight and trends. We're going out for Valentine's tonight. Desperately need a date night. I miss getting dressed up ... things like makeup and heels.. Hopefully it's not freezing, patio dining is the only option in NM.
    2/14 - 141.4 - Ave 141.0 - Crazy busy wknd, I did cheat last night and have a fantastic dessert. Trying to pay more attention to my average weight than the daily crazy swings. I've hit 140.? twice so I'm getting cautiously optimistic that I can achieve Feb goal.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Height 5'1"
    GW: 101 - 104

Feb 15 - 106.4

downloaded a new nutrition app call avatar nutrition. I like how its laid out. The peeps I follow on IG have great macro tracking skills and IDK....I know mfp has that but, this seems to light my motivation more. Something new, and I pay $10 ...so I'll be more accountable? Anyway. the one gal I follow on IG really is starting her cut. She's a 4'11" youngster and I really like her progress. SO, using her as my fit-inspo. Lifting heavy today for Chest work. Perhaps I will go to the Gym at noon and get in a little elliptical for activity..... Maybe something FUN tonight like kickboxing?? We shall see.
    Goal for the next week is to have a Saturday weight of 105.8

2/13 - didn't weigh. Started plan to bring it all back in.
    2/12 - 108.4 --- can you say "Ate a bunch of sh iiiT"
    2/11 - 106.4 --- post workout weight was 106.0 but I'm going a little higher to compensate for sweat.
    2/10 - 106.6; Are you f **ng kidding me!??! half way there...
    2/9 - 107.0
    2/8 - 106.0 <- It's looking like I may exceed my Saturday goal of 105.8
    2/6 - 106.8 <- really fought for that number this week.
    2/4 - 106.8
    2/3 - 107.6
    2/2 - 108.4
    2/1 - 107
    1/27 - 108
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ME:
    31y * 5'9" * BMI:22,6 * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

Jan loss: - 2,3kg

FEB GOALS
    • Minimal intake of sugar (<30grams/day)
    • Keep up 16h fasting and 1x36h every week
    • Have 2-3 adjacent low carb (<50) days every week
    • No alcohol this month ("Tour Mineral") in Belgium
    • Get permanently below 70kg

WEIGHT
    2 Feb: 70.3kg
    8 Feb: 69.1kg
    16 Feb: 68.6kg //I'm feeling confident about this month's goal: maybe I should've been a bit more ambitious :) I've changed my "keto" days to "low carbs" days; keto is too difficult for me and since I'm always staying below my kcal limit anyway, I can afford some more carbs I think. I did slip up with alcohol on valentine's, but I was very limited to a few glasses of champagne so I don't mind it

• cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    5' 8"
    CW: 145.8
    GW: ~135ish
    Jan EW:143.6

Feb goal - hit 139

1. Stay off sugar - Feb 14th is allowed as a cheat day.
    2. Stay Keto - broke down and bought a pretty cool cookbook with lots of simple meals. So far my guys love them...they still want dinner rolls and such, but I skip them.

2/1 - 143.0
    2/2 - 143.6 - I stuck to keto yesterday but way overdid it.
    2/3 - 145.8 - cramps, bloating - ARGH! I did well yesterday, I know this is just hormones, but geez..
    2/4 - 145.6 - cheated and had a beer last night with my husband on the porch.... because sometimes you just need to sit on the porch and chat. Stayed under, rode a horse and did a million chores. Still feel bloated today, but I think I'm on the downhill side. Off to a race today, be back Sunday. Great little 'refocus' trip.
    2/8 - 141.8 - Crazy what 3 days of walking a million miles a day can do.. Fabulous 3 day race, starting to figure some things out. We won a little bit, left too much on the table.. I'm starting to feel my core strength really come back and my arms are getting defined again. Managed to avoid junk food.. always a struggle on long drives.
    2/9 - 143.0 - Decent day yesterday. Hubby came home with a craft beer and I thoroughly enjoyed that with dinner... but otherwise was on point. Our barn help quit.. which really really sucks. Especially since it's just me for the next 4 days. We're both stretched too thin timewise. I guess the upside is that I'll be getting more exercise now.
    2/10 - 144.2 - ARGH! I did exceptionally well yesterday with food & spent a few hours working around the barn last night.
    2/11 - 143.6 - just keeping to the grind. Yesterday was good, I have to remember weight loss isn't linear.
    2/12 - 140.2 - YAY! Hopefully this will stick around. I'm going more off average weight and trends. We're going out for Valentine's tonight. Desperately need a date night. I miss getting dressed up ... things like makeup and heels.. Hopefully it's not freezing, patio dining is the only option in NM.
    2/14 - 140.4 - Ave 141.0 - Crazy busy wknd, I did cheat last night and have a fantastic dessert. Trying to pay more attention to my average weight than the daily crazy swings. I've hit 140.? twice so I'm getting cautiously optimistic that I can achieve Feb goal.
    2/16 - 139.8 - Ave - 140.4 WHOOOPPPPP!!!!! I didn't see this coming. There was a piece of leftover V-Day dessert I indulged in last night... but I have stayed within my calorie allowance. I really feel that cutting protein back a bit and increasing fat has made a huge difference.
  • shannondisley1
    shannondisley1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5’6”, 20
    CW: 118
    Feb GW: 115
    Hoping to start doing weights when the gyms open again.
    04/02 - 118
    05/02 - 117 - worked a night shift last night, I usually feel very bloated after a night so happy with the loss !!
    06/02 - 120 - bit disheartening but I’m putting it down to water weight as I’ve stuck to my calories all week! Learned recently that I have gluten and dairy sensitivities so today was day 1 of cutting them out for a month to see how I feel! I’m excited for this as whilst I have been looking for meal ideas, it looks like I’ll be eating more nutritional whole foods, also means I have to start thinking about ingredients in foods. Also began intermittent fasting today, hoping this makes it easier for me to stay within my calorie goals.
    08/02 - 116 - looking like my feb goal is going to be achievable! Had a pretty rough night last night as one of my patients went into cardiac arrest, had some chocolate and crisps to make me feel better but still managed to keep it in my calories so I’m not too worried. I have also started working out with dumbbells, I enjoyed it so much more then cardio so hoping to do more of this. Also going to make it a goal to walk for an hour at least three times a week
    09/02 - 119 - on a bit of a pasta kick at the moment, have eaten it three times in the last two days 😂
    10/02 - 117 - have a day of working from home so there’s a lot of snacking potential today 😬 planning a big dog walk later to make up for it
    11/02 - 115 - reached my feb goal weight this morning, now my focus is to make it stay, did an hour of working out this morning and then an hour long dog walk so feeling pretty good
    12/02 - 119
    20/02 - 120 - Hit Valentine’s weekend harder then I originally planned 😂 oh well back to it 🤷‍♂️
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    SW 139, December 2020
    CW 127
    GW 120

Mini Goal- to lose one pound per week by:
    - sticking to a 1,200 calorie allowance (more calories awarded with exercise)
    - Going on the bike for 30 minutes, slightly increasing cadence and resistance each week
    - Light weights for arms, 10 minutes
    - drinking more water, goal 64 oz, averaging 48 oz
    - Eating more vegetables
    - Limiting wine/beer to one a night (one heavy pour)
    - Planning dessert into my day to ensure I have enough calories banked
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    BMI: 25,1
    CW: 73.5
    February GW: 72.0
    GW: 71.0

01/02: 73.5 - I'll expect a very slow loss this month. February is usually very wet and cold and I don't expect to be able to do a lot of cycling. I still have the shoulder injury and in combination with the lock-down, that means a pretty sedentary lifestyle at the moment.
    02/02: 73.8
    05/02: 74.1 - Yesterday we had a 24 hour break from winter with spring in the air. High temps and a little sunshine even. So I took my bike and went for a long ride. Hubby and I also had a walk to check on the fields behind our house, as we expected floodings. And indeed, even the pathway was completely flooded. As from today, we expect more rain and even snow. We hope that the water doesn't rise much higher...
    08/02: 73.1 - Saturday was the last day that I could go biking and I did my longest bike ever: 70km (43,5miles), that gave me some leeway to eat chocolate this weekend. In the evening it started to snow and now the whole country is covered in a white blanket. So no more biking for at least 10 days. On the positive: I've stopped taking my pain meds for my shoulder on Friday evening, and so far so good. Fingers crossed I can keep it this way !
    09/02: 73.1 - There is a very nice vibe in this thread at the moment, I keep up the motivation to persevere thanks to you guys !
    15/02: 74.4 - Well, Valentine's dinner on Friday went great! I even left my dessert to eat it on Saturday. So far so good. Then we got chocolates and cookies delivered by hubby's employer and that was the downfall this weekend!!!! Luckily, they are all gone now, and back to being good.
    17/02: 74.0 - Valentine has hit harder than I thought. The good news is that spring is in the air and we expect a terrific weekend which will allow me to do some biking and burn off those cookies !
  • shannondisley1
    shannondisley1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5’6”, 20
    CW: 118
    Feb GW: 115
    Hoping to start doing weights when the gyms open again.
    04/02 - 118
    05/02 - 117 - worked a night shift last night, I usually feel very bloated after a night so happy with the loss !!
    06/02 - 120 - bit disheartening but I’m putting it down to water weight as I’ve stuck to my calories all week! Learned recently that I have gluten and dairy sensitivities so today was day 1 of cutting them out for a month to see how I feel! I’m excited for this as whilst I have been looking for meal ideas, it looks like I’ll be eating more nutritional whole foods, also means I have to start thinking about ingredients in foods. Also began intermittent fasting today, hoping this makes it easier for me to stay within my calorie goals.
    08/02 - 116 - looking like my feb goal is going to be achievable! Had a pretty rough night last night as one of my patients went into cardiac arrest, had some chocolate and crisps to make me feel better but still managed to keep it in my calories so I’m not too worried. I have also started working out with dumbbells, I enjoyed it so much more then cardio so hoping to do more of this. Also going to make it a goal to walk for an hour at least three times a week
    09/02 - 119 - on a bit of a pasta kick at the moment, have eaten it three times in the last two days 😂
    10/02 - 117 - have a day of working from home so there’s a lot of snacking potential today 😬 planning a big dog walk later to make up for it
    11/02 - 115 - reached my feb goal weight this morning, now my focus is to make it stay, did an hour of working out this morning and then an hour long dog walk so feeling pretty good
    12/02 - 119
    20/02 - 120 - Hit Valentine’s weekend harder then I originally planned 😂 oh well back to it 🤷‍♂️
    17/02 - 117
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Height 5'1"
    GW: 101 - 104

Where is my will power.
    Why is this so freaking hard?
    Is any of this related to my dr. lowering my Levothyroxine from 100mcg to 25mcg?

Feb 17 - 108.2 - I guess I'll take -0.2 Its better than going the other direction. Mindset is that I'm going to be ON PLAN for the next 21 days. 100%.

2/17 - 108.2 Stayed on plan. Leg day yesterday so I may be retaining some water? Also did not go overboard on my lemon consumption....I woke up extremely thirsty though this morning.
    2/16 - 108.4 post workout. Ate like *kitten* yesterday afternoon. Paid for it this morning
    2/15 - 107.0 pre workout, 106.4 post workout
    2/13 - didn't weigh. Started plan to bring it all back in.
    2/12 - 108.4 --- can you say "Ate a bunch of sh iiiT"
    2/11 - 106.4 --- post workout weight was 106.0 but I'm going a little higher to compensate for sweat.
    2/10 - 106.6; Are you f **ng kidding me!??! half way there...
    2/9 - 107.0
    2/8 - 106.0 <- It's looking like I may exceed my Saturday goal of 105.8
    2/6 - 106.8 <- really fought for that number this week.
    2/4 - 106.8
    2/3 - 107.6
    2/2 - 108.4
    2/1 - 107
    1/27 - 108
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @gemini61454 Yes, the struggle is REAL! OMG.... Its like every few years the scale goes up....without ME changing anything. Obviously what I change is SO slight that I dont' notice it.

It sounds like your struggle is your nutrition on the 5 days. Have you thought about making it a 4:3 ?? have every other day be 500 calories? Also, I would be interested in knowing, are you eating enough veggies and protein. Are you seeking them first? Maybe remove more of the yellow/starchy carbs all together for a bit?
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sherry, thanks for your input. I do eat healthy on the other days, just indulge a bit too much. On fast days it strive for 30-50 gms protein and 20 gms fiber. The other days double the protein with same fiber, eat more fruit along with veggies and treats. I like a bit of alcohol (yes, I know I shouldn't when I'm trying to drop weight) and a bit of added sugar items, once started hard to stop. I appreciate your suggestions, I just need more accountability.
  • l4a_p
    Options
    Welcome @Gemini61454! You've come to the right place for some accountability, although it's mainly support. Oftentimes we're all collectively bombing or collectively doing great. =)
    Sugar is satan spawn. I always feel going fully cold turkey for a week greatly improves the rest of the diet; and replacing it with fat really does curb the cravings for me. And what always helps me is making great keto desserts to get the feel of sugary treats :)
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    14a_p would love to know your favorite on keto dessert.
  • l4a_p
    edited February 2021
    Options
    14a_p would love to know your favorite on keto dessert.

Gladly! My 2 favourites are :
    cheesecake (with almond or coconut crust) https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/low-carb-cheesecake-keto-gluten-free-sugar-free/
    => there are also a bunch of variations with pumpkin cheesecake etc, but the gist is the same

And keto muffins https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/keto-low-carb-paleo-blueberry-muffins-recipe-almond-flour/
    => again, gazillion variations possible with cheese, pumpkin, plain, cinnamon,...

I must say I usually don't follow recipes exactly and go by feel, but you get the general idea. Any of these with a cup of coffee and I'm good for dessert! Let me know if you decide to try any :)