Definitely February 2021 - Accountability thread

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    BMI: 25,1
    CW: 73.5
    February GW: 72.0
    GW: 71.0

01/02: 73.5 - I'll expect a very slow loss this month. February is usually very wet and cold and I don't expect to be able to do a lot of cycling. I still have the shoulder injury and in combination with the lock-down, that means a pretty sedentary lifestyle at the moment.
    02/02: 73.8
    05/02: 74.1 - Yesterday we had a 24 hour break from winter with spring in the air. High temps and a little sunshine even. So I took my bike and went for a long ride. Hubby and I also had a walk to check on the fields behind our house, as we expected floodings. And indeed, even the pathway was completely flooded. As from today, we expect more rain and even snow. We hope that the water doesn't rise much higher...
    08/02: 73.1 - Saturday was the last day that I could go biking and I did my longest bike ever: 70km (43,5miles), that gave me some leeway to eat chocolate this weekend. In the evening it started to snow and now the whole country is covered in a white blanket. So no more biking for at least 10 days. On the positive: I've stopped taking my pain meds for my shoulder on Friday evening, and so far so good. Fingers crossed I can keep it this way !
    09/02: 73.1 - There is a very nice vibe in this thread at the moment, I keep up the motivation to persevere thanks to you guys !
    15/02: 74.4 - Well, Valentine's dinner on Friday went great! I even left my dessert to eat it on Saturday. So far so good. Then we got chocolates and cookies delivered by hubby's employer and that was the downfall this weekend!!!! Luckily, they are all gone now, and back to being good.
    17/02: 74.0 - Valentine has hit harder than I thought. The good news is that spring is in the air and we expect a terrific weekend which will allow me to do some biking and burn off those cookies !
    19/02: 73.8: yes, it is still the Valentines setback.

@l4a_p : yes, I'm still no sugar 95% of the time. Valentine kicked me real good on that note: we had takeout with dessert AND we did receive a box of chocolates and cookies from hubbies work. Needless to say that the past weekend wasn't sugarfree. I got an immediate response
    past week with crazy cravings for sugar all the time. I almost went to the bakery to get those heavenly millefeuilles, but: I DIDN'T GIVE IN ! Nah :wink: I think this was a good teaching moment: one day heavy on sugar = one week of cravings.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Hi all!
    I broke up with my scale. We’re no longer friends.

So I’m not going to track the numbers but with “looks”.

Top pic December 2020. Lower Today. I can see my scale is telling me the truth 😔
    565keau9nrxp.jpeg
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    @weatherking2019 - look at them abs!! Both pics are amazing, IMO. Forget the scale. You go girl!!
  • weatherking2019
    @k8richer, too kind. 🙏🏼
    Been hard on myself because my goal is to be in the best shape ever!! Menopause or not 🤪🤣

I don’t have sugar cravings and it’s not hard to pass on the sweets. Mine is the wine n cheese. I just can’t get enough 😅🍷🧀
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    5’4” 43

2/04: 126.0
    2/13: 125.4
    2/20: 125.4

I’m glad I committed to only one pound this month! We had a lot going on this week and I didn’t exercise for 5 days straight. I did manage to run yesterday and am at the gym for weights now. I saw the scale flirting with 125.2 this morning so I feel like 125 is a possibility by the end of the month if I can stay focused.
  • k8richly
    5'4", 47yo

Feb 1 - 133.9
    Feb 6 - 133.4
    Feb 13 - 132.5
    Feb 20 - 132 Yee-haw!

End Feb GW - 132?
    Total GW - 125

Well, hello Feb GW! Feeling very good about this obviously, although a bit perplexed. I've been far less active than usual - I guess it goes to show that what you eat is maybe more important than how much you workout. I've been watching my portions and not snacking.

I hear you @weatherking2019 , I'm also trying to avoid the wine and cheese. And menopause is brutal. For me its hot flashes and bad sleep. Makes me soooo grumpy and I get cravings for chocolate in the afternoon when I'm fading due to lack of sleep. That's my downfall. Any ideas for that?

@Cora0477- you got this for Feb! Easy-peasy. So close!

@Antiopelle - my hat's off to you for being almost sugar free. That is amazing! I couldn't pull that off - im more a 'everything in moderation' kind of girl.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    SW 139, December 2020
    CW 126.5
    GW 120

Mini Goal- to lose one pound per week:

Plan:
    - sticking to a 1,200 calorie allowance (more calories awarded with exercise)
    - meal planning
    - Going on the bike for 30 minutes, slightly increasing cadence and resistance as I build strength
    - Light weights for arms, 10 minutes
    - drinking more water, goal 64 oz, averaging 48 oz
    - Eating more vegetables
    - Limiting wine/beer to one a night (one heavy pour)
    - Planning dessert into my day to ensure I have enough calories banked
  • k8richly
    @SarahsHustle - my heart goes out to all of you in Texas. The reports are crazy. I'm in Canada so we know real cold, and its no joke. But we are equipped for it. It is possible to go for a run in -20C (sorry dont know the Fahrenheit) but you better have warm gear on, cover your nose and ears and just keep moving! Good for you for working out however you can!
  • tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    Whoohoo @k8richer! Way to go!

@SarahsHustle I'm so sorry! Hope things get back to normal soon!

5'5", 54

Goal weight for Feb: 130 lbs
    Daily workouts switching between upper body and lower body using dumbbells, bands and bodyweight

Would like to make these daily activities with my 12 yo daughter (instead of tv or ipad):
    Walk/run
    basketball
    croquet

2/3: 131.8 lbs
    2/8: 134.8 hmm... No regrets, it was a fun weekend, just going to get back to my plan today.
    2/10: 133.0 did my workout and went for a walk yesterday. It's going to be sunny and 66° so we will take another walk today.
    2/15: 132.0 Tried on an old bikini last night and it actually looked pretty good! I almost cried! The past 6 weeks of consistent workouts is really making a difference in the shape of my body.
    2/21: 131.6 hoping to start none to run program today to train for a 5k in August. I do better at cardio if I have a goal. Still keeping up with my workouts too.
  • SarahsHustle
    SarahsHustle Posts: 96 Member
    Yea our state doesn’t experience weather like this and isn’t built for it unfortunately. It was 40 degrees in our house for days and nights and my poor kids :( I have a 8 month old, 2 year old and a 5 year old. There’s no way I was leaving them to work out for one second without electricity or heat inside the house. They were bored our of their minds and freezing cold. We don’t even have the need to buy real “winter” clothes.....Just glad it’s all over and praying our state makes some changes to withstand case scenarios like this. Thx for the positive vibes. Things are back to normal here....the stores are restocking many items and we are out of the boil water notice! Lol yayyyy!!!!
  • SarahsHustle
    SarahsHustle Posts: 96 Member
    @traci those workouts sound like they’re super effective! Nice work!
    @kricher you’re dropping! Nice work!!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,254 Member
    118.8 today. Been up and down all month but I’m at my lowest again this month - exactly where I was two weeks ago - but was as high as 120.8.

I’ve committed to stop mindlessly snacking on carbage. Last evening after dinner, I put my hand in a box of cheez-its - mindlessly - caught myself - and put them all back. I’m still crying!! If I can’t get below 118.8 by end of Feb I’ll be happy.

Hope all is well with everyone.
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    ME:
    31y * 5'9" * BMI:22,6 * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

Jan loss: - 2,3kg

FEB GOALS
    • Minimal intake of sugar (<30grams/day)
    • Keep up 16h fasting and 1x36h every week
    • Have 2-3 adjacent low carb (<50) days every week
    • No alcohol this month ("Tour Mineral") in Belgium
    • Get permanently below 70kg

WEIGHT
    2 Feb: 70.3kg
    8 Feb: 69.1kg
    16 Feb: 68.6kg
    23 Feb: 69.2kg.... Yeah this weekend it was my sister's birthday and she requested cheese&wine platter... Which as expected turned out to be detrimental for me! 🙁 I'm hoping I'll be back below 69 soon.

• weatherking2019
    @SarahsHustle , glad to hear things are getting back to normal! I’m in Cleveland and it was warmer here than there- crazy.

So my crazy is this roller coaster ride of water weight fluctuations & joint pain.
    If IUD is the cause, I’ll get it removed. But if it’s perimenapause then there’s not much I can do😔
    I actually took a day off of workout 🏋🏻‍♀️ cuz my body is telling me to rest.

I did a bunch of meal prep yesterday so I’m going to focus on other stuff today. (Like working on presentation with my daughter for her class)

Good work everyone! Can’t wait to feel better and strong again 😘😆
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,817 Member
    Height 5'1"
    GW: 101 - 104

Feb 23 - 107.0 ;
    I'm guessing that the 2/15 weigh in was just dehydration. It doesn't make sense with the 2/12-2/17 weigh ins

Spoiler
    2/23 - 107.0 Staying on my plan.... feeling like I'm doing the right things to make a few small tweaks so that this is a lifestyle change and not a 3 days fast/yo-yo thing.
    2/17 - 108.2 Stayed on plan. Leg day yesterday so I may be retaining some water? Also did not go overboard on my lemon consumption....I woke up extremely thirsty though this morning.
    2/16 - 108.4 post workout. Ate like *kitten* yesterday afternoon. Paid for it this morning
    2/15 - 107.0 pre workout, 106.4 post workout
    2/13 - didn't weigh. Started plan to bring it all back in.
    2/12 - 108.4 --- can you say "Ate a bunch of sh iiiT"
    2/11 - 106.4 --- post workout weight was 106.0 but I'm going a little higher to compensate for sweat.
    2/10 - 106.6; Are you f **ng kidding me!??! half way there...
    2/9 - 107.0
    2/8 - 106.0 <- It's looking like I may exceed my Saturday goal of 105.8
    2/6 - 106.8 <- really fought for that number this week.
    2/4 - 106.8
    2/3 - 107.6
    2/2 - 108.4
    2/1 - 107
    1/27 - 108
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    5' 8"
    CW: 145.8
    GW: ~135ish
    Jan EW:143.6

Feb goal - hit 139

1. Stay off sugar - Feb 14th is allowed as a cheat day.
    2. Stay Keto - broke down and bought a pretty cool cookbook with lots of simple meals. So far my guys love them...they still want dinner rolls and such, but I skip them.

2/1 - 143.0
    2/2 - 143.6 - I stuck to keto yesterday but way overdid it.
    2/3 - 145.8 - cramps, bloating - ARGH! I did well yesterday, I know this is just hormones, but geez..
    2/4 - 145.6 - cheated and had a beer last night with my husband on the porch.... because sometimes you just need to sit on the porch and chat. Stayed under, rode a horse and did a million chores. Still feel bloated today, but I think I'm on the downhill side. Off to a race today, be back Sunday. Great little 'refocus' trip.
    2/8 - 141.8 - Crazy what 3 days of walking a million miles a day can do.. Fabulous 3 day race, starting to figure some things out. We won a little bit, left too much on the table.. I'm starting to feel my core strength really come back and my arms are getting defined again. Managed to avoid junk food.. always a struggle on long drives.
    2/9 - 143.0 - Decent day yesterday. Hubby came home with a craft beer and I thoroughly enjoyed that with dinner... but otherwise was on point. Our barn help quit.. which really really sucks. Especially since it's just me for the next 4 days. We're both stretched too thin timewise. I guess the upside is that I'll be getting more exercise now.
    2/10 - 144.2 - ARGH! I did exceptionally well yesterday with food & spent a few hours working around the barn last night.
    2/11 - 143.6 - just keeping to the grind. Yesterday was good, I have to remember weight loss isn't linear.
    2/12 - 140.2 - YAY! Hopefully this will stick around. I'm going more off average weight and trends. We're going out for Valentine's tonight. Desperately need a date night. I miss getting dressed up ... things like makeup and heels.. Hopefully it's not freezing, patio dining is the only option in NM.
    2/14 - 140.4 - Ave 141.0 - Crazy busy wknd, I did cheat last night and have a fantastic dessert. Trying to pay more attention to my average weight than the daily crazy swings. I've hit 140.? twice so I'm getting cautiously optimistic that I can achieve Feb goal.
    2/16 - 139.8 - Ave - 140.4 WHOOOPPPPP!!!!! I didn't see this coming. There was a piece of leftover V-Day dessert I indulged in last night... but I have stayed within my calorie allowance. I really feel that cutting protein back a bit and increasing fat has made a huge difference.
    2/24 - 144.6 - AVE - 143.4 - It's been an insane week, I fully expected this. Lots of eating out, late nights, entertaining clients, road trip.... but it's over, I'm back home and ready to focus. I ate my weight in chips & salsa yesterday so I'm pretty sure this is the price I pay with water weight. Today, it's back to strict keto.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    34, 5' 4"

Current Weight: 137.0
    February Goal: 130-135

February 5: 137.0
    February 23: 140.6

Going in the wrong direction currently, but I'm learning a lot physically and mentally about why so I can change the direction I'm going.
  • tchambers81252
    tchambers81252 Posts: 1 Member
    Just discovered this and wish I had stumbled on this earlier! Would appreciate advice on how to stay consistent with logging foods and then knowing what to change to make the weight loss a reality.

I'm 5.6", 51y, ~34bmi (boo!!) and usually generally very active.

But of course, thyroid issues, aging, and COVID, AND unpredictable weather, they all ganged up against me and I can't get anywhere. I do also have a family and household to care for, after my FT job, so...need some more productive gym and me time, AND successful weight loss, pretty please!! Saw someone post: "increase protein = increase in weight loss" - really?

Plan to run on treadmill at gym this evening to vent! Grrr! Thanks for listening!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,254 Member
    @tchambers81252 - Welcome! More knowledgeable folks will chime in but a gazillion diets later, what I finally had to come terms with is the simplicity - calories in, calories out. What protein does for me is make me more satisfied so I’m less likely to want to eat or snack more after a meal. But it’s still CICO!

What I also had to come to grips with is the addition of a food scale. That’s what “other” folks did as it sounded so “sad” to do - I didn’t need that - I could eyeball - and guess what - a shock - no loss. 🙄

And I did it slowly. Lost 30 pounds last year and at my HS weight! Got about 3 pounds to go.

You’re active so that’s great! What are your goals?