Mission Slimpossible - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 Wow, great reflections! It sounds like the book is really working for you. I need to catch up still. I also have a spreadsheet but I keep it as a Google Sheet so nothing will ever happen to it but I would be very disappointed if it did.

@Cornanda Happy FRIDAY!!!

@Katmary71 I hope you end up liking your new therapist. I've been seeing the same one for over 25 years!

Hi all. I'm really surprised I had a loss this week as I indulged 3 days this week. This is the lowest weight I've been at in a long time. It's helping my journey for my husband to be on WW, too. He cares a lot more now about measuring things when cooking. Before, he would eyeball the oil and cheese which made me so frustrated.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@GabiV125 Great insights from the book that you have discovered about yourself! I agree that it’s eye-opening when we start really paying attention to our actual behaviors. I think we all lose our drive from time to time. I know I have this month. But we redirect ourselves and we come back even stronger. You got this!! <3

@Katmary71 Keeping in my prayers! I hope the new therapist will surprise you and you will like her and that she will be able to be a positive light in your life. And if not, I know you will do what is best for yourself and make a switch. <3

@trooworld Wahoooo you did so great this week! I agree that having your husband on board is a huge benefit to you doing so well. I hope he keeps it up and you both reap the benefits of good health and lower numbers on the scale. :)

Hi Team! Sorry for not checking in yesterday, but I was exhausted from beginning my new church cleaning job. I spent several hours in what we call the Fellowship Building trying to get it cleaned to my standards. It’s going to take some time! Before I started cleaning, I had my staff meeting and then they all decided to go to lunch. I wasn’t going to go but they all ganged up on me and reminded me that it’s been months since we went to lunch. So, I went and ate off my low carb plan and as a result, my weight jumped up this morning. Seeing that my weight is up 1.8 lbs. this month is a wake-up call that I better get my butt back to moving in the right direction. I have one more week to get that weight off. Challenge accepted!! :grin:

I will work on catching up on the Beck book either later today or tomorrow. Right now I have a whole other church building to clean. :grin:
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @davidji82 @trooworld ---- Nice losses! Yahoo for you!

@TeresaW1020 - bummer that your weight went up. I think you are doing quite nicely following a vacation. Next week you will get it girl! The cleaning job will be extra exercise...... :D

@gwamajtw91 - Maintaining is better than gaining. When the weather gets better, things will turn around.

Not much doing here today.... Happy Friday!

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    2/19
    PW: 179.8
    CW: 180.1

+0.3
    LTD: 11

Yesterday I was down half a pound and got quite excited for today. I guess this is my week for an "up-woosh". These things happen.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hello, Slimpossibles!
    Is it Friday???
    I am SO sorry to have been quiet. I live in Texas, and have been offline due to the lack of electrical power and internet. Rambly update follows. Feel free to skip!
    We had power turned off on Sunday and just got it back. So I have been hunkered down doing things like battling to keep my water pipes from freezing in an unheated house when the outdoor temp was about 9F. I unfroze a cold water tap in our kitchen one night between 3 and 7 AM, and it felt like a major life victory! (Way better to do that than deal with burst pipes and having to turn off all water to the house and wait for a plumber.) Good news is that we have electrical power again, at least for now. I am prepared for it to go again. I don't think we can count on it staying up just yet.

So. Diet has NOT been as regularly planned, nor has exercise. I am sure my weight is up, as I have been comfort snacking on nut-and-fruit mix. Lots of it. I have not been drinking the usual amount of water and need to do better. We have to boil it right now, but I can do better, and I do need t take care of my body in the midst of this madness! Ah, well. This will be a blip. I am headed to the grocery store shortly, to see what the food options are. I am a merit badge counselor for Boy scouts, and was just telling a scout who plans to work on "Cooking at Home" this weekend, that he will have to be prepared to adjust his menu plan based on what he can actually find in the store, once he is able to go!

None of this is intended as whining, by the way. I am doing fine. It's more like, sharing stuff that seems super interesting. I AM super interested in how fragile the grid is here in Texas. I hear that the issues here have caused problems as far south as central Mexico, as we are a major supplier of natural gas. I hear other places are dealing with the winter weather, too, but without dealing with the domino of all systems going down as is happening here. We aren't out of the woods yet, and will be dealing with water issues for likely a couple of weeks.
    TL;DR Austin is fine, but was offline due to infrastructure failures in her usually nice neighborhood.
    I need to work on revised food and exercise plans for the next 2 weeks, given that my usual stuff won't be doable.

@TeresaW1020
    You are up just a bit. I am sure you will be turning things around this week!
    I can only guess as to how gorgeously clean that church is going to be!

@trooworld
    Boom! What a great week you had! Booyah to that awesome weigh-in!
    I felt snacky yesterday but I was able to distract myself with work and did not eat snacks. I also had a healthy kale salad for dinner so yay me!
    Yay, you, indeed!

@davidji82 @TwistedSassette
    What a week! Great weigh-in! Are you on track to keep up the good work this coming week? Keep that roll going!

@gwamajtw91 @davors19
    Hurray for staying level despite bad weather! That's an accomplishment!

@Katmary71
    I am so sorry about the health challenges right now, and am pulling for things to bet better for you.

@Cornanda
    It's always lovely when you check in for any reason. You bring such a lovely kind energy to the conversation!

@GabiV125
    I so get the need to mourn a really good spreadsheet.
    All of your post was super inspiring. All that work to figure out what is actually happening is awesome!
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    mlhopp93
    HW -- 355
    Weigh in day Saturday

SW (130/2021): 277.6
    2/6/2021: 275.0 (-2.6)
    2/13/2021: 271.0 (-4.0)
    2/20/2021: 268.6 (-2.4)
    2/27/2021:

Lots of snow shoveling in the Midwest this week. Good exercise. Still no outside walking because of cold and snow but managed to keep up with my steps goal and hit 10k 6 out of 7 days. Eating has been focused whereas in the past during long periods at home I would snack and graze all day. Definitely not easy making good choices and always a couple of slips but finding a way to bounce back after poor choices instead of throwing away the whole day. Hope everyone is safe -- spring is getting closer...eventually.
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 274.6
    CW: 271.6
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks! I hope so, too. Oh dear, I hope you were able to finish the cleaning yesterday so that you can enjoy your weekend. I know you'll get that gain off soon.

@Cornanda Thank you! You know, I weigh daily and what happened to you happens to me all the time. It's frustrating but just know you will go back down. Hugs to you! <3

@AustinRuadhain Oh dear! I didn't know you live in Texas. I am so sorry for what you are going through and hope you get good water soon.

@mlhopp93 Nice loss! That's super impressive you were able to hit 10K steps on 6 days this week! WTG!

Hi all. I have a super busy day today, lots of errands, and a game night over Zoom with some friends that live on the east coast. We are having cheeseburgers on the grill for dinner. I'm excited about that because we haven't had a grill in several years and just bought a little hibachi-style grill.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 683 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in

Mornin' gang! Had a great day at work yesterday but ended the work week not doing well eating wise. Nor water. Steps, nope. As I said, I didn't plan well this week but I was able to keep it steady the first part of the week but that weakness began showing up and was in plain sight by yesterday - like the emporer with the clothes off!!! Running around like a crazy dude, my lack of planning was hootin' and hollerin' and carryin' on - crashing around and making a BIG mess of things!! Ah, ok, enough of that business, put some clothes on and behave yourself! Have already begun planning for next week - shopping today and will have a simple dinner (TBD on content) and start some bulk cooking.

@Firefly743 wow, that's an excellent drop - a solid 3 WOOT!!
    @mlhopp93 WOW look at your January so far, that's amazing!! Snow shoveling is excellent exercise....thanks fir the reminder, spring is coming but it is hard to keep that in mind when I'm so cold!
    @AustinRuadhain the being without power for any period of time is quite miserable when it's freezing! Yay on the water pipe victory - anything you can do to avoid your own infratructure from collapsing will make your overall situation better. I have been without power for a week in an ice storm and when the lights finally did come on, it looked like hobos had moved in and been camping in the livingroom! I can say from eperience that at a little whining is warranted and when the blip passes, what remains are the stories about how you dealt with all of the little things you don't normally have to think about. Makes you feel victorious and nostalgic - as long as the victory party is with the lights and heat on!! I hope you are in that stage, now, and STAY there! <3
    @Cornanda ohhhhhh.....upwoosh sucks! If we're gonna have that, let it be the day after weigh day! Next week will be better. :)
    @TeresaW1020 the dynamics of going off plan are interesting to me - it's the very rare bird that can effectively turn it on and off like a switch, most folks have a gap period of coming back before they levelset and settle back into the routine. I don't know why that is - and everyone has varying degress of doing that, even for themselves. I've had relatively short periods of a few days or longer periods lasting a few months. For me, if it's one meal then it's not a big thing and I can fairly easily move back by the next meal - assuming I was in a good place to begin with. But even from a good place, if it's tied to an event and being away from home and routine and then being more than 1 meal, and especially if it's all meals for a few days.......there will be a recovery time.
    @trooworld wow, what a fabulosu weigh in - we are watching the CHANGE HAPPEN for you as 2021 slowly plods along... => You're really doing an amazing job being in tune with yourself, eating and habits. Way to go!!
    @gwamajtw91 nice - so very GREEEEEEEN of you this week!!!!!
    @davidji82 great drop, holy cow that's really impressive!!!! You've kicked it into high gear and overdrive, shazam!
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Today's weigh-in graphic comes compliments of Garfield: https://www.gocomics.com/garfield/2021/02/20

End of week reminders for:

@anido1
    @buniphuphu
    @tslose
    @adhmrh
    @padjoetho
    @digger61
    @RYcare

Thanks!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Yup those up-whooshes have terrible timing. We will get a down-whoosh next week! :wink:

@AustinRuadhain Ohhh my goodness, you have been through such an ordeal living in Texas! I hope your power has been restored. I know that so many of you have to boil water and it’s a major health concern. Stay safe!! <3

@mlhopp93 Good going this week with your weigh-in! Yes learning to not throw away the whole day just because you made a poor choice is so vital. Draw a line in the sand and begin again! :)

@Firefly743 Wow, what a great week you had!! Congratulations! B)

@trooworld Yum! Grilled burgers are so good. Have fun with your friends and your game night. :)

@raleighgirl09 Yup, I totally agree with you on the dynamics of going off-plan. It’s been tough for me to get back in the zone after coming home from Florida and of course, the moment I’m getting a handle on it, my staff goes out to Mexican for lunch. But these last two days I’ve been laser-focused and really keeping my eye on the prize of NOT having a gain next week. :)

@itsmegina Good job on choosing mindfulness and accountability for Lent. Those are two very important elements for success. :)

@broncobuddee Love the Garfield cartoon!! :D

Hi Team! Well, I spent another four hours at the church today. I wasn’t going to take that long but I started vacuuming the carpet and before I knew it I was vacuuming and dusting all the pews as well! :o I do have to admit that the Sanctuary, while old and dated, looks very spiffy for tomorrow’s service. My lower back is in pretty rough shape right now so tomorrow I’m taking off from all cleaning and working out. My eating has been great. I fasted 23 hours today. I had a big bottle of electrolyte water and a Keto coffee when I came home. So technically not a 23-hour clean fast but I figure I can make up my own rules if I want to. ;) Dinner was a boneless pork chop and the most delicious, loaded cauliflower casserole. I seriously have no idea how I waited over 50 years of my life to find out that cauliflower is one of the tastiest of veggies.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Feb week 3
    Sat
    PW 204
    CW 203
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    User: RYcare
    Weigh day: Saturday
    PW: 234.3
    CW: 233.2
    LTD: 21.8
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain thanks for the encand response.

What does it mean your son's raisins. How does that help with good eating habits?

[quote="AustinRuadhain;

@Apple852hk
    It's so great you are feeling more energized! Is that part of what the chocolate is about dealing with low energy when hormones are doing a thing?
    This is such a huge victory:
    I did go to bed/nap instead of eating chocolate this week.
    I love all your work to find a way to untangle the chocolate habit. Keep at it!
    Oh, your cubes and your "about to eat chocolate" sign are beautiful. Truly.

I don't know if a sign in the kitchen will help you, but I DID put one in my pantry. Mine says "XX days since a velociraptor incident," but I know that velociraptor = my son's raisins. It had me talk about it to people and has me laugh.
    .[/quote]

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 3 - Feb 2021 Sunday
    PW 141.7lbs (64.3kg)
    CW 139.3lbs (63.2kg)
    LTD about 37lbs (16.8 kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Similar weight from 2 weeks ago.
    Ate more carbs, that's why put on more weight that mamagedto lose during the week. Too much bread and chocolate.

Hardly walked this week.

Went on a fast for two days as so tired. Napping as so tired. But now feeling much better.

GOALS
    1. Fold cube AFTER eating choc.
    Share pictures with slimpossibiles
    2. Go for walk daily for only 30mins
    3. Purposefully cook and serve smaller portions.
    k8sxh4i06k6v.jpg

This discussion has been closed.