• davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Username davidji82
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW :264.3
    CW :262.7
    @dignow96 Hi, out of curiosity how many kcals do you eat a day?
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 190.0
    CW: 187.2
    LTD: 77.2
    Month: 1.0
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 223.4 lbs
    CW: 224 lbs
    LTD: 24 lbs
  • trooworld
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Can you try distracting yourself with a hobby that involves your hands? Crochet? Coloring books? Painting your nails? ((( HUGS ))) to you.

@TeresaW1020 I'm sorry you grew up in that kind of environment. That would be an unfair situation. Yes, they can really mess us up. I know my situation did. I agree 100%. But I'm not going to let my parents win (they are dead now but still, I don't want them to win ;) ). I've lived my life trying to impress them and I'm done...nothing that I did impressed them while they were alive and it sure ain't happening now that they are dead! That's wonderful that your associate pastor and wife had a healthy baby. Those are always something to celebrate! Bringing lunch and/or snacks sounds like a great plan for next time. Congrats on the great weigh-in, that's fabulous your little foray into junk food didn't derail you! :)

Hi all. Well, I gained a tiny bit this week and I'm not surprised. I got into the vending machine at work on Monday and drank two beers on Sunday not to mention eating over my points a few days. Like @TeresaW1020, I need to pack snacks for work. That is something I will remedy this week.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 269
    CW: 269
    LTD: 31
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    Hi Mission Slimpossibles...You have a new member heading your way ... Please welcome @eahrenee :)
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 166.0
    CW: 165.0

Happy with this - if only it was a pound a week, every week! :D:D:D
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @dignow96 Welcome to the Slimpossibles!! We are happy to have you join us. :) Living in Dubai must be interesting. Great job on getting in so much walking every day. I haven’t heard of Whoop but trackers sure can be motivating.

@davidji82 Nice loss this week! B)

@trooworld Well if it counts for anything, I am very impressed by you! <3 You are a fabulous cook, work a groovy job, a loving wife, and an awesome dog mom. Plus, you have a great style, which you are not afraid to improve on when needed. Ohhh speaking of style, have you checked out Dominique Sachse YouTube channel. I LOVE her style and make-up.

@gwamajtw91 Yup, I think we would all be happy if we could consistently lose a pound a week. Congrats on your loss!! B)

Hi Team! So, I wrote about my eating off plan yesterday and how mad I was at myself. Y’all I almost did it again today! :# I left for work this morning and since today was weigh-in, I decided I would go to Starbucks drive-thru and get a latte and splurge on some breakfast. What!! I was just about to pull in when I started thinking about the Beck book and all that I have learned. I started reciting the reasons why I want to lose weight and I told myself to knock it off and I drove past and went to work where I stayed fasted for the five hours I was there and then came home and had a yogurt and a Keto coffee. It’s so easy to allow the temptation to take control but it really doesn’t have to be that way. Then I read Day 25 in the Beck book. Talk about timing! :grin:

Beck Diet Solution Question of the Day
    Day 25 Sabotaging Thoughts—Your thoughts are very powerful. Your thinking can lead you to stray from your diet. Left unaddressed, at some point sabotaging thoughts could lead you to abandon your diet altogether. Start identifying and tracking those sabotaging thoughts—and keep up this practice indefinitely.
    Here’s how you’ll know if you’re having a sabotaging thought:
    •You feel tempted to eat something you shouldn’t.
    •You do eat something you shouldn’t.
    •You feel tempted to skip doing some part of the Beck Diet Solution program.
    •You feel unhappy about some element of dieting. At these times, ask yourself, What was just going through my mind?

Well, isn’t this a timely topic after the last two days where I first totally give in to my sabotaging thoughts, and then this morning I actually thought about my behavior before giving in to the temptation to eat off-plan. I have a feeling that I will be re-reading portions of this book over and over again.

2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Glad to be part of the team!
    My weigh in day is Monday, it helps keeps me in check over the weekend
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello awesome team...

Another busy week both at work and home, but I am happy health wise I am not doing that bad. Unhealthy wrong choices some days but I try to do better the next day and get back on track. So no surprise I am not losing as many pounds a week as I used to when I started in Nov. and Dec.

Weather is warming up here in the Midwest, I am looking forward to get back to walking and biking outside... fresh air and nature are amazingly relaxing. Also looking forward for a new month and fresh start to losing more pounds.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in Thursday (18Feb2021)
    Previous weight:177.6
    Current weight: 179.6 so late @broncobuddee
    LTD MFP #2 55.4 lbs
    LTD overall 120.4

I feel like Rip Van Winkle waking from a long slumber. So - still here and work has exploded. Remember when I wondered (when I had no full-time job) how all these mo-fos managed working full weeks...? Wow, it has slapped me in the face! Super busy getting a lot accomplished but making for a weary me at the end of the day. I get up at 7 to work by 8 (short commute to my home office) and still getting in the two walks a day - unless the skies open up on us which has been a LOT. I usually get enough sleep but sometimes I am so COMPLETELY wired that I cannotfall asleep and am then awake for hours, waking up weary. Well - enough complaining. It's a full-time gig that I really love and they adore me and think I am magical because I make things happen. That was one comment this week - 'The magic of Maria' Made my day. B)

Ok, so gaining 2 pounds is not on my list of preferred things to do! And it just *ruins* my monthly weight loss. No one to blame but me - I have not logged (much to speak of), have not had all the water, have not eaten well, have not, have not, have not.

Need to have. To do. The things. ALL THE THINGS.

Will work on tomorrow - all the things. Water. Checking in. Logging. Staying under 1400 calories. 11,000 steps.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    @eahrenee @dignow96 Welcome!

@vegan4lyfe2012 do you have anyone you can text with to talk you out of it at night? Congratulations on not going in the store!

I'm still about the same, I'm doing a little better with the new drug but I ran into a snag, at night I drink a cannabis tea that helps my pain but doesn't affect me mentally. Turns out I have to pass a drug test to get a referral to pain management which will take a month of roughing it out. My liver is bad so I shouldn't drink but I can't take opioids with the medication I'm on and my neurologist won't get back to me. I just want to talk to a doctor who actively knows something, it's almost been a year. I don't know if I'll just forget it or what but I'm frustrated.
  • dignow96
    dignow96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    davidji82 wrote: »
    @dignow96 Hi, out of curiosity how many kcals do you eat a day?

Hi, it depends on the day (walking & lifting vs just walking vs rest day) but the range is 2700 to 2200 depending on activity. I’m usually 300-600 under even that. I’m 47, 6’7”, and 290lbs (as of this AM) so most TDEE calculators will put me between 3000/day on the low end to ridiculous numbers like 4800/day on the high side. I GENERALLY eat 900-1200g of veggies (with an apple, orange, or berries thrown in as well) and 400-700g of meat a day. I’m sugar free for the last five weeks, no crap (chips, fries, packaged whatever) over that period too. I’ve been eating keto-ish for the last 4 years working in an occasional rice/pasta dish, homemade bread, ice cream because, you know, what’s the point without an occasional goodie. My carbs are now floating around 70-100g a day (way over a strict keto level), I’m usually over my daily protein allotment by 10-25g, and almost always under my fats by 50-100g (not by choice but that much meat eats up a lot of calories). I’ve seen accelerated weight loss in the past by upping my daily calorie limits so I’m seriously considering it - it’s just that two heads of romaine and half a head of cabbage a day is a LOT of veggies for me. Always open to suggestions/thoughts/advice for streamlining this process. My daughter graduates from high school in May so I’m really looking to drop 25lbs by the time I fly home (12 weeks). Seems very doable to me.

• dignow96
    dignow96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I’ve been based in the Middle East for almost two decades now - Kuwait, Jordan, Iraq, Turkey, KSA, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, and a couple more - Dubai has been my favorite place to live, so far, and is far and away the most civilized place I’ve lived in the region. Plus, if you like it hot, this place is awesome. We’re just pulling through the dead of winter and it was 60F as a LOW last night! All sun, all the time otherwise. This was from an evening walk a couple of days ago...
    5gt3ul7h2h6q.jpeg

And a local fox stopped by to say hi later too!
    nbwui741a9h2.jpeg

• mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    mlhopp93
    HW -- 355
    Weigh in day Saturday

SW (130/2021): 277.6
    2/6/2021: 275.0 (-2.6)
    2/13/2021: 271.0 (-4.0)
    2/20/2021: 268.6 (-2.4)
    2/27/2021: 265.4 (-3.2)

Almost made it to 90 pounds lost since my heaviest -- missed by 0.4.
    Able to stay focused on eating choices each day and getting in all my fluids.
    I can definitely tell days I don't get adequate fluids.
    Was able to get back to a neighborhood walk instead of just treadmill time with our temps in the 40s and 50s this week. Spring is coming.....hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Aww, thank you! I just found her channel yesterday, I was watching the video of her doing the right and the wrong way to put on makeup. It was very good so I subscribed! I also started watching a channel called "Mommies, Makeup and Moscato" which has a lot of good fashion advice. And some others that I have added to my subscriptions lately are: "Busbee Style" and "Awesome Over 50". I'm so proud of you for not stopping at Starbucks, that's a real mind shift!

@RYcare I am also looking forward to warmer weather. We've had peeks of it here and there lately and it has been so nice!

@raleighgirl09 What an awesome compliment! You'll get those 2 lbs off next week, I know it. I believe in you!

@Katmary71 When I went to a pain management doctor recently, they said something about the alcohol that was in my blood, they said usually they wouldn't give out medication if alcohol was in a person's blood. I'm not going to that pain management doctor anymore, they were a bad operation and I don't think my pain is bad enough right now. I hope you can get some relief.

@dignow96 Congrats on being sugar-free for the past 5 weeks, well done! I've heard Dubai is a huge city, is that true? Thanks for the pictures, lovely little fox!

@mlhopp93 Congratulations!!! That is so awesome. You will absolutely hit that 90 lbs next week, I know you will. Well done!

Hello all. I'm down -1.6 lbs, I have now lost 25.6 lbs, the equivalent of a car tire! I am 30% to my weight loss goal. I'm very happy about that. Now, for that to hold until Friday! :D Have a great day, I've got a busy one ahead of me.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

ofoteq0bbkis.jpg
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 271.6
    CW: 271.0
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options