Marvellous March Mesdames - Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    5'5", 54

Goal weight for March: 130 lbs
    Daily workouts switching between upper body and lower body using dumbbells, bands and bodyweight

Would like to make these daily activities with my 12 yo daughter (instead of tv or ipad):
    Walk/run
    basketball
    croquet
    yard work

3/1: 132.2 lbs
    3/2: 132.0
    3/5: 130.6 lots of walking and yard work yesterday! I lowered my protein and upped my carbs a little bit like someone suggested in one of these posts and I think that has helped me. Thank you to whoever that was!
    3/7: 131.2 Not sure what's to blame for the weight increase, either raising my weights for last nights work out or the ice cream I had at midnight. (or both)

@k8richer I haven't thought of that, I will try it! I think I was stressing myself out trying to follow macros so it was like someone gave me permission to not try so hard to get all that protein.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I listened to a podcast this morning and it asked me thought provoking questions that I think you all will find beneficial.

we should notice that we all have a pattern. Our overeating comes normally around the same time of day, the same place/places, the triggers leading into the overeating are very familiar patterns that we keep repeating. They are on "AUTO". By journaling after you overeat, you may be able to identify the pattern as well as start to implement actions to stop the pattern.

• When do you struggle the most? for me it's specifically 3pm and 4pm
    • Write out your thoughts and feelings around that.
    • What thoughts are you having right before[/] you decide to start eating?
      realise that part of the issue is choosing hyperpalatable foods, so it's hard to put down the 'Fork'.
    • How are you talking yourself into it? for me, I think I need a reward for being at work until 3pm and 4
    • What did the overeat mean afterwards? ex: burn off the calories, be grumpy and upset for a while, shame, guilt, .....etc.

The goal would be to go thru those questions each time you have an overeat.

Insightful Sherry. Almost the same strategies are offered by the Beck solution. Maybe I need to start reading that book again, as it has always helped me to get my prio's straight.
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    Thx for starting the March thread I4a_p!

5' 2”
    CW: 117.2
    GW: ~110 or less

March Goal - see a doctor and figure out what is happening. Lose a few lbs too.

How are you doing weatherking?
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ME:
    31y * 5'9" * BMI:22,3 * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

Jan loss: - 2,3kg~
    Feb loss: -1.3kg~

MARCH GOALS, fairly similar to last month:
    • Minimal intake of sugar (<30grams/day)
    • Keep up 16h fasting
    • new 5/2 fasting pattern and macro cycling
    • Alcohol only on weekends and max once during the week
    • Reach 68kg

2 March: 68.8kg
    8 March: 69.8kg ....

Didn't track in the weekend and had a lot of bread and bam! Disappointing.

Been reading more again about your body adapting to a lower BMR after prolonged kcal restriction, and since I've been stagnating for 5 weeks (or more), I'm trying a new approach.

5 days/week eat at a very small deficit (-200kcal) and 2 days very high deficit (eat less than 500-700kcal). + start macronutrient cycling; meaning alternate high-carb/high-fat days.

I'm hoping this will basically "confuse" my body so it doesn't adapt to the lower kcal intake. I'd really wish it was as easy as CiCo, but it just isn't... At least not at this point, where you're already at a good weight, but just want to tone up.

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    5'6" CW 141
    Up from 125 lowest
    March Goal 136

I was very happy between 130-135 / where I maintained around for almost two years and focused on body fat, not weight. Ugh this has been a rough time! I'm ready to put this year and weight re-gain behind me.
  • Xiao_Ya_
    Xiao_Ya_ Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    @weatherking2019 That sounds so difficult to deal with. :( I hope your appointment goes well and you are feeling better soon!
    6/3 46.3kg (102 lbs) I have no clue why I suddenly got heavier. I had started a new workout regimen the day before; perhaps that is why?
    8/3 46kg (101.5 lbs) Not much of a loss; it seems more like a fluctuation. Also, I was bad and started craving sweets because PMS. I don't usually eat chocolate, but I had a few pieces yesterday. Strangely enough, compared to three days before, I lost half an inch off my waist and am starting to see my abs. I don't understand my metabolism and muscles :sweat_smile:
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    BMI: 25,1
    Jan trend: -0.6
    Feb trend: +0.2
    CW: 74.2
    March GW: 73
    GW: 71.0

Thanks for startingthethread@l4a_p! Great name:smiley:

01/03: 74.2 - February didn't go as planned. A large amount of cookies in the house was my downfall resulting in an average gain of 0.2kg instead of 1.0 loss. But this is a new month, a clean slate and all the cookies are over and done with ! Luckily I got 244,85 km of walks and already a total of 231 of biking kms this year to counter at least a little bit. Let's hit it girls !
    03/03: 73.8
    08/03: 74.8 - I know I didn't gain a full kilo in just 5 days, but it sure feels like it. Yes, I ate more than planned, but still not as much as I would in maintenance and still I gain. I am struggling to eat less because I'm much more sedentary than usual and I really need to adapt. A one hour walk a day doesn't warrant eating an extra cheese sandwich:neutral:So, I need to get a grip on the situation, and luckily I have these threads that at least keep me somewhat in check and accountable. An honest and deepfelt thank you ladies (yes, you:wink:).
    09/03: 74.5
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    5' 8"
    CW: 142.4
    GW: ~135ish
    Jan EW:143 - AVE 144.2
    Feb EW - 142.5 - AVE 142.4

March Goal - move average weight to 130s

1. Stay off sugar - Cheat days are anniversary and birthday
    2. Stay Keto

3/1 - 142.5 - AVE 142.4 - huge mexican food dinner out last night for hubby's birthday. Back at it today.
    3/2 - 141.8 - AVE 142.3 - no cheating yesterday
    3/3 - 140.4 - AVE 141.7 - yesterday was really good
    3/8 - 140.8 - AVE 140.6 - Been traveling a fair amount, trying to refocus today.
    3/9 - 140.4 - AVE 140.4 - yesterday was hellacious on so many levels.
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    CW130#
    GOAL WT 120#
    5:2 MONDAY/WEDNESDAY
    RESOLVE: KEEP OTHER DAYS BELOW TTDE: 1600
    Jan/Feb not so great, hope March better

• Antiopelle
    Options
    BMI: 25,1
    Jan trend: -0.6
    Feb trend: +0.2
    CW: 74.2
    March GW: 73
    GW: 71.0

Thanks for starting the thread @l4a_p! Great name:smiley:

01/03: 74.2 - February didn't go as planned. A large amount of cookies in the house was my downfall resulting in an average gain of 0.2kg instead of 1.0 loss. But this is a new month, a clean slate and all the cookies are over and done with ! Luckily I got 244,85 km of walks and already a total of 231 of biking kms this year to counter at least a little bit. Let's hit it girls !
    03/03: 73.8
    08/03: 74.8 - I know I didn't gain a full kilo in just 5 days, but it sure feels like it. Yes, I ate more than planned, but still not as much as I would in maintenance and still I gain. I am struggling to eat less because I'm much more sedentary than usual and I really need to adapt. A one hour walk a day doesn't warrant eating an extra cheese sandwich :neutral: So, I need to get a grip on the situation, and luckily I have these threads that at least keep me somewhat in check and accountable. An honest and deep felt thank you ladies (yes, you:wink:).
    09/03: 74.5
    10/03: 74.0 - that's water weight gone, good riddance! Now let's attack those fat cells.
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    Finally meeting with my OBGYN tmrw at 8:30! Going to get the IUD out!!!

In 3 months, I have experienced:
    Swelling
    Joint pain
    Weight gain
    Fatigue

Can’t take it anymore. I’ve dropped and broke cups and glasses because of my weakened grip. I can’t put on my shirt due to shoulder pain. (Taking off sports bra takes longer than putting on mascara!) Can’t turn on my side in bed because it aches everywhere. I sound pathetic 😔

I hope this is the answer to the problems but I can’t think of anything else.
    So I’ll keep you guys posted on my recovery 🍀🤙🏼

I hope you'll recover soon ! I'm sending you some virtual hugs from over the big pond. :kissing_heart:
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    34, 5' 4" - Already struggling to wrap my head around turning 35 this month

Current Weight: 137.6
    March Goal: 130-135

March 1: 137.6
    March 9: Birthday! What a coincidence that it was also National Panic Day lol
    March 10: Time to get back to reaching my goal!

Weight in tomorrow to see what "damage" I did from my birthday :)