denaberg1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 20 min core and cardio
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options

@Mrs_Hoffer im so sorry to hear that ur friend is putting so much pressure on u!

@Chinkiri 20 min is still great!!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, treadmill 40 mins / 2.27 mi + crunches and pushups
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

[Mon-Sat] Did I do treadmill AND weights or abs? yes, abs
    Pass Days Used: 1/3
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    09/03/2021
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    • Planks Day 9 Beginners (3min 27sec)
    • Jogging 5.22 km (6:58 min/km) - by best 5km was 5:54 min/km on June 4, 2020 – with this pace I was in the top 18% of women of my age. I am asking myself again and again if it is so important to be the best. Or maybe it is better to save the knees for the next 30 years of relaxed jogging?
    • Walking 2km
    • 30 min “Lift and Shred” with J. Michaels + 10 min ABB Attack (Shaun T)
    • Fitness Age/VO2max: 51/34

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Pass days used: 0/3
    158707077.png

@Winner_in_Life I've been watching your planks!! Very impressive!! Your entire workouts are IMPRESSIVE!! :smiley:
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    3/09:

✔️ EXERCISE: Yes. 125 minutes.
    ✔️ CALORIES: Yes. 1828/2135
    ✔️ TRACK: Yes.

PASSES USED: 0/3

14,469 steps
    60/55/50 planks (seconds)

I can't manage what I don't measure and I can't improve upon something that I don't properly manage.

@Snowshoe072 Prayers that your dad's surgery today goes well! :heart:

@fractaltiger KUDOS to you for skipping the "freebie" chinese lunch! I know how hard that can be!! :smile:

I don't have anything insightful to say about mindfulness. Except that I'm trying to learn how to be more mindful of my HABITS when it comes to food! As well as what triggers me, the emotions around that trigger, and how I feel before and after I binge or eat something that I know I shouldn't, etc.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams - OUCH on the big toe. Hope that heals quick. And congrats on losing 73 pounds. You are awesome

@newbie2143 - good job figuring out the calorie level that works for you. I had the same thing happen. I changed my goal to lose 1.5 lbs per week and it was just too restrictive. I put it back to 1 lb/week and feel much better.

@snowshoe072 - Lake Champlain is beautiful. I’ve only seen it from the Vermont side. Is there a causeway across it you can bike across? Seems like I read something about that just a few days ago.

@MadisonMolly2017 - sorry you don’t feel well. Hopefully that will pass quickly. I love your determination!

@dewit - ok I’m curious too. I’m going to check out that video this weekend. Doesn’t look like something I’d want to tackle before work though!

So far, yes’s all around. I seriously cannot believe I made it 9 days without using a pass.
  • cnorman100
    cnorman100 Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Exercise at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Stay within calorie budget? Yes
    Tracked everything I ate and drank? Yes

Mindfulness...Hubby wanted to treat me to something special for dinner on my birthday, so I chose to order sushi from a nice Japanese restaurant (take out) and stopped at a bakery for a treat. Luckily it's possible to make sushi work when counting calories, and the cupcake was small so I stayed within budget. This was due to some serious planning though. I worked out in the morning, skipped lunch (just fruit), and went for a 2 mile walk in order to have a nice buffer for my birthday dinner. It worked! I even had it in my budget to have a glass of wine!

Today is going to be much the same as we are meeting friends for dinner at a local brewpub (birthday celebration #2). I've done my morning workout, plan to walk at lunch, and will look at the menu online and decide in advance what I will order for dinner, so I don't go overboard.

Mindfulness sounds like a state of wellbeing, but it’s a lot of work!
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @snowshoe072 We once spent a fortnight in a Winnebago in Burlington, Vermont, on the edge of Lake Champlain, beautiful! I spent the next 6 months nagging my then husband to try and find an exchange job there - unfortunately, he wasn't buying ...
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3

3x yes

2/3
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer
    thank you so much for your kind words! Planks for beginners I am doing already for the 2nd month and it is still not easy... But I noticed that my mid-section is getting more definition and is not so "quaggy". As for "IMPRESSIVE", to pile 50 lbs in 2 yeas - this is impressive :D . I still don't understand how I could do this to myself. Nobody to blame ;)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the UAC, @manjirinaik.

And to @transparentenigma, thank you for the lesson on maintaining your health while maintaining challenging relationships. Both with such grace!

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | The 10,000 Swing Kettlebell Workout [Session 6 of 20] (34), AM 🤸🏿‍♀️ (20), PM 💃🏿 (30) TOTAL: 84 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | *Base + 384
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
    ---|---|---|---
    *NOTE: Stretching and dancing counted at half the calories.

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? YES | 40%
    Pass Days Used: --
    Since my 40 lb KB is taking some getting used to, I've worked out my expected progression using a drop set approach with my 25 lb KB. However, I ended off the first week and then started the second week by advancing my workout progressions faster than expected.

The calendar has been adjusted as of MAR082021 to reflect that I may end up doing 8 sessions with only the 40 lb KB (not just 3, as laid out in the original plan). Still aiming for a 30 min PR by month-end.

The number in yellow indicates the number of minutes taken to complete the workout that day

mqep6eqo264t.jpg

Progression calendar based on original workout: The 10,000 Swing Kettlebell Workout
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited March 2021
    Options
    cnorman100 wrote: »
    Exercise at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Stay within calorie budget? Yes
    Tracked everything I ate and drank? Yes

Mindfulness...Hubby wanted to treat me to something special for dinner on my birthday, so I chose to order sushi from a nice Japanese restaurant (take out) and stopped at a bakery for a treat. Luckily it's possible to make sushi work when counting calories, and the cupcake was small so I stayed within budget. This was due to some serious planning though. I worked out in the morning, skipped lunch (just fruit), and went for a 2 mile walk in order to have a nice buffer for my birthday dinner. It worked! I even had it in my budget to have a glass of wine!

Today is going to be much the same as we are meeting friends for dinner at a local brewpub (birthday celebration #2). I've done my morning workout, plan to walk at lunch, and will look at the menu online and decide in advance what I will order for dinner, so I don't go overboard.

Mindfulness sounds like a state of wellbeing, but it’s a lot of work!

@cnorman100 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🌞🎁 And AWESOME job staying UNDER on your special day! I hope you had a wonderful day!! 😍
  • taxgirl1
    taxgirl1 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    Exercise--Yes. Walked and yoga
    Stay within calories--Yes
    Track--Yes
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @cnorman100 Happy Birthday and being mindful and thinking before acting has always been a challenge for me.
    That is why I need to be on this team to reinforce the positives.