Marvellous March Mesdames - Accountability Thread

Replies

• majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    5'11
    CW: 180ish
    GW: 160ish

March Goals: continue exercising 4-6 days a week.
    Log my food intake every day. Be more cognizant of empty calories/dessert that I consume nightly and reduce it by at least 50%.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    @cayenne_007 im doing keto too and try to preplan what meals I am eating when going out but I have learned that if I can’t find something that is really good I will just have whatever I want and then go back to keto. I have made myself miserable before trying to stay on keto at restaurants and basically eating iceberg lettuce so much so that I did not enjoy it at all and was hangry afterwards and binged on crap.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,782 Member

@k8richer Thats the habit I need to add. Every day at 3pm I brush my teeth. As opposed to thinking of things to remove from my food plan, think of "adding" that Brush my teeth, and then add a 10-15min walk.

• SherryRueter

Sherry -
    50y * 5'1"
    Weight goal: 104
    Current weight: 108
    MARCH GOALS, fairly similar to last month:
    Carbs less than 130
    Eating Window 8am-7pm

March 08 : 106.6
    March 11: 108.0

Jan results: Gained: 4lbs (also had foot surgery)
    Feb loss: Zero. okay, maybe 1#

Up 1.5# this morning...totally has to be hydration flux. Totally F*'s up my mindspace. Had a 1000 calorie breakfast. Looks like a 45min workout at noon would be helpful for me. (already did a 6am workout, so this would be a double. I will do the elliptical, since it burns more calories than walking.) I should check into this thread more!

I definitely have a time of day and pattern that takes over at 3pm or 4pm. I just need to change the pattern.
    I liked @k8richer's idea of brushing teeth. I'm adding 'go on walk' Perhaps thats a good time to check in here also.

Here are my thoughts from yesterdays 3-4pm snacks:

What thoughts are you having right before you decide to start eating?
    I'm stressed and bored at the same time. I'm frustrated with my weight and I'm feeling anxious and I don't know.
    They hyper palatable food doesn't help me at all. Green peas helps a TON more!

How are you talking yourself into it?
    Its a reward. I deserve this because I was at work. Because I'm finally getting 10 mins of alone time.

What did the overeat mean afterwards? I'm a little upset at myself. I want to be active to burn off the calories. I'm not hungry which is disappointing because now, i've messed up my evening meal. And I go back to my childhood self in thinking "I wish we didn't have to eat food at all. Take a pill and skip eating altogether. Give everyone 3 pills, solve world hunger and obesity" . Yeah, that was me at about 12 yrs old. The year I started working out.

• cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 671 Member
    la_nanita wrote: »
    @cayenne_007 im doing keto too and try to preplan what meals I am eating when going out but I have learned that if I can’t find something that is really good I will just have whatever I want and then go back to keto. I have made myself miserable before trying to stay on keto at restaurants and basically eating iceberg lettuce so much so that I did not enjoy it at all and was hangry afterwards and binged on crap.

I've found one lunch place here that makes a fabulous cobb salad... We're so rural that we rarely go out to eat. I'd rather fix something at home unless it's going to be worth the splurge. My biggest challenge is mexican food. All we have is mexican food places... I love a good steakhouse. Cutting sugar hasn't been too hard, it's the chips & salsa that going to be the end of me. I've been trying to celebrate NSV a bit... otherwise it's too discouraging.
  • SherryRueter
    Sherry -
    50y * 5'1"
    Current weight: 108
    Carbs less than 130
    Eating Window 8am-7pm

March 12: 108.4

**spoiler**

Fine, go up ya damn scale. You can go straight to .#$##

My body is pretty sore this morning. Foot and ankle also. So I decided Yoga would be the best use of my time. Perhaps fighting inflamation with yoga will get me on a better path.

Changing my pattern
    Teeth at 3pm
    Walk at 3pm
    Maybe walk again at 4pm

**yesterdays snacks**
    F** this..... I'm never going to lose weight so screw it. Listened to a pod cast....she calls this rebound weight. the weight you magically gain after being in maint. forever. This is the weight that is a struggle and no one talks about. But once you figure out how to get it off, its magical.

See above comment. Basically Im yelling at myself. I probably wouldn't talk to anyone else that harshly. Just goes to show you how mean we are to ourselves.

What did the overeat mean afterwards?
    I'm upset.... at myself yet.
    I'm disappointed... because I should know better
    I'm deep deep deep inside, hopeful that I will just pull up my boots and start again.
    This time with more discipline and consistency. That's all it takes. Also, Im thinking.....where else in life do I need discipline?

How about you?

• SherryRueter
    it's the chips & salsa that going to be the end of me. I've been trying to celebrate NSV a bit... otherwise it's too discouraging.

Have you found a lowcarb tortilla and made it into your own chips? Thats one option / replacement that may help.
  • SherryRueter
    Thanysss wrote: »
    5'5
    CW: 138
    GW: 100

March Goals: exercise 6 days a week.
    Log my food intake and exercise. Find how to get rid of cravings and night binge.

I live in a country where women my age weigh 80-90 lbs. it is depressing.

80-100 # doesn't seem healthy for any woman taller than 4'10"
    It seems very unrealistic to me.

Anyway....that's just me. Cravings and night binge are habits that we have practiced over and over again.

Water, walking, meditation.... finding other activities to do instead. Maybe allowing a binge but it has to be on celery and brocoli (LOL) . Brushing your teeth. Having a peppermint tea. ?

• tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    5'5", 54

Goal weight for March: 130 lbs
    Daily workouts switching between upper body and lower body using dumbbells, bands and bodyweight

Would like to make these daily activities with my 12 yo daughter (instead of tv or ipad):
    Walk/run
    basketball
    croquet
    yard work

3/1: 132.2 lbs
    3/2: 132.0
    3/5: 130.6 lots of walking and yard work yesterday! I lowered my protein and upped my carbs a little bit like someone suggested in one of these posts and I think that has helped me. Thank you to whoever that was!
    3/7: 131.2 Not sure what's to blame for the weight increase, either raising my weights for last nights work out or the ice cream I had at midnight. (or both)
    3/14: 130.6 I've been trying to increase my calcium without adding too much dairy, so I had Frankenberry cereal today!
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    ME:
    31y * 5'9" * BMI:22,3 * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

Jan loss: - 2,3kg~
    Feb loss: -1.3kg~

• Minimal intake of sugar (<30grams/day)
    • Keep up 16h fasting
    • 5/2 fasting pattern and macro cycling
    • Alcohol only on weekends and max once during the week
    • Reach 68kg

2 March: 68.8kg
    8 March: 69.8kg
    15 March: 68.7kg

Well, at least this seems to be going in the right direction. I'm very surprised at the number because I had a bday dinner yesterday where I wasn't in control of the food: had fries, steak, wine, and tiramisu. So expected a massive upswing and instead got the lowest number in 7 months (writing this just now made me realise how much I let things slide). Fingers crossed this isn't a fluke! Although all in all, I shouldn't be too happy either: I haven't really lost any weight this month yet.

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    34, 5' 4" - Already struggling to wrap my head around turning 35 this month

Current Weight: 137.6
    March Goal: 130-135

March 1: 137.6
    March 9: Birthday! What a coincidence that it was also National Panic Day lol
    March 10: Time to get back to reaching my goal!

Weight in tomorrow to see what "damage" I did from my birthday:)

March 11: 138.8
    March 14: 141.8
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 671 Member
    5' 8"
    CW: 142.4
    GW: ~135ish
    Jan EW:143 - AVE 144.2
    Feb EW - 142.5 - AVE 142.4

March Goal - move average weight to 130s

1. Stay off sugar - Cheat days are anniversary and birthday
    2. Stay Keto

3/1 - 142.5 - AVE 142.4 - huge mexican food dinner out last night for hubby's birthday. Back at it today.
    3/2 - 141.8 - AVE 142.3 - no cheating yesterday
    3/3 - 140.4 - AVE 141.7 - yesterday was really good
    3/8 - 140.8 - AVE 140.6 - Been traveling a fair amount, trying to refocus today.
    3/9 - 140.4 - AVE 140.4 - yesterday was hellacious on so many levels.
    3/10 - 141.6 - AVE 140.7 - K=.5 Rather a bummer, but I did a decent job yesterday. I haven't been sleeping much and have been crazy stressed.... I think it's taking a toll. I did get a little gadget to help me see if I'm getting into ketosis yesterday and will start checking every morning - it's a blood test.
    3/11 - 141.5 - AVE 140.9 - K=.8 Just trying to stay steady. Yesterday was good... My goal till Sunday is no bread, sugar or wheat. Road trip this afternoon and my anniversary is Sunday - we've got reservations at a really cool restaurant - I'm not logging that meal! You HAVE to celebrate sometimes!
    3/15 - 144.8 - AVE 143.4 - The after effects of a fabulous wknd. LOL Back at it today. Yesterday was our anniversary and we literally celebrated all day. I can't remember the last time I inhaled so much sugar, bread, popcorn... all the stuff. Funny how my joints feel a bit swollen today...
  • SherryRueter
    Sherry -
    50y * 5'1"
    Current weight: 105
    Carbs less than 130
    Eating Window 8am-7pm

March 12: 108.4
    March 16: 105.0
    **spoiler**

Well, I'm happy to report that I finally started to dial in my nutrition and have stuck to my portions.
    Yup, i'm doing portion control using the cute little containers y'all have probably seen.
    and....because I'm actually not over eating the sweets.....and my foood intake is more balanced, I've lost weight.

I'm also a TON less inflamed! Like OMG ..... I remember how crapy I was feeling last week...the gas, the bloating, the mental bull-s8!t, the soreness from working out too much.

and it all started with that Yoga and changing my pattern at 3pm.

My teeth WILL get brushed at 3pm.
    That WILL set me up for success
    and...I'm listening to a LOT of crystal Sound bowls on YouTube. They are SO relaxing and IDK...they are helping as well.

**yesterdays snacks**
    Am I actually hungry? Do I need food right now? What about having a diet soda or a coffee? would that be an option? Most of the time, Its a boredom reaction....not an actual hunger. The teeth being clean helps.

I actually talk myself out of it right now. I play the scene out in my head. If I have a heavy snack full of sugar....what is that going to look and feel like when I've eaten it. Is that how I want to feel today?

By not overeating, what did that mean afterwards?
    I'm proud of myself
    I'm happy, feel lighter, because deep inside I know it was the right choice
    I smile at myself. I give myself a high five. Because I know that I don't have to start again.
    I did it. I accomplished a hard thing! I smile at myself, give myself a high 5 in the mirror and pat my back (literally).

Discipline - doing the hard thing, even when you don't want to.

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    BMI: 25,1
    Jan trend: -0.6
    Feb trend: +0.2
    CW: 74.2
    March GW: 73
    GW: 71.0

Thanks for starting the thread@l4a_p! Great name:smiley:

01/03: 74.2 - February didn't go as planned. A large amount of cookies in the house was my downfall resulting in an average gain of 0.2kg instead of 1.0 loss. But this is a new month, a clean slate and all the cookies are over and done with ! Luckily I got 244,85 km of walks and already a total of 231 of biking kms this year to counter at least a little bit. Let's hit it girls !
    03/03: 73.8
    08/03: 74.8 - I know I didn't gain a full kilo in just 5 days, but it sure feels like it. Yes, I ate more than planned, but still not as much as I would in maintenance and still I gain. I am struggling to eat less because I'm much more sedentary than usual and I really need to adapt. A one hour walk a day doesn't warrant eating an extra cheese sandwich:neutral:So, I need to get a grip on the situation, and luckily I have these threads that at least keep me somewhat in check and accountable. An honest and deep felt thank you ladies (yes, you:wink:).
    09/03: 74.5
    10/03: 74.0 - that's water weight gone, good riddance! Now let's attack those fat cells.
    17/03: 73.8 - and that could have been better if hubbie hadn't decided to bring some fancy easter eggs from the bakery on Sunday. He felt like I needed a treat after a horrendous work week. I love him to bits, but why chocolate?! But on the bright side: all the other days were really ok, hence the slight loss.

On Saturday we will leave for a 9 day break to the Ardennes, a hilly region in Belgium. Not very far from our house (we still can't cross borders yet), but a whole other atmosphere. The plan is to do a lot of walks. It's the first time since 2003 that we are having a non-diving holiday and it feels strange. Restaurants and bars will still be closed, so we plan to have some take out regularly.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    5'6" CW 141
    Up from 125 lowest
    March Goal 136

3/10 - 138
    3/15 - 142
    3/16 - 140

I had an amazing two weeks, staying on schedule with running and lifting workouts and logging. But somehow I crashed this past Friday and came to my senses Monday, just one of those emotional, feeling blagh weekends. Did I over train? If so, my fitness level needs to come back up. And if that’s true, it’s going to be a challenge to do it in a deficit. Slow and steady. At least I trended down a little in two weeks.