Active April Challenge 2021

Options

Replies

• Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    @YvonnePM , @JustVickiLynn , welcome to the thread!

@JustVickiLynn , there are so very many ways of following a low (or lower) carb eating plan. There is great information in the stickies at the top of the group page. The Launch Pad is particularly helpful ( thanks, @baconslave ,)
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    4/12

Cals 1380✅
    Carbs 52 (darn that wine!)
    Exercise ✅

My Garmin Vivoactive is acting up and I need to send it for repair. Sad to say I feel lost without it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Just joined! This group looks active and supportive. My goals are:

Log food every day (I'm accountable on this as I report to my DPP class every week)
    Get 15 minutes of exercise every day (discovered Leslie Sansone videos so this is working out well so far)

I noticed that some people say "keeping carbs to 50" along those lines. Is that per meal? My doctor advised me to keep carbs to 45 per meal (three meals) and no more than 15 per snack (two snacks). Keeping carbs to 50 for the whole day seems insurmountable! At least for me . . .

Leslie is the bomb! If you get tired of hearing her gab, you can put on a podcast or listen to music instead while you walk to the muted vid. She is how I started working out regularly almost 7 years ago.

As other posters have said, there are different low-carb plans. Some lower carb than others. They are talking less than 50 per day. Others do 100 per day. This is a "roll your own" group so we accept all manner of carb ranges.

Welcome!!!
  • baconslave
    Options
    April 12:
    cals: :innocent:
    carbs: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: Beautiful day. Got a walk in.
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    On track. No cheats for 3 weeks
    I have over 100 pounds to lose, so I’m not stressing about calories for now, just focusing on no sugars o:)
    no breads o:)
    green veggies o:)
    meat o:)
    No snacks o:)
    GKI 3.1 today
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,940 Member
    Options
    4/6-4/13 food okay ....exercise is hit & miss for now .... we did walk last week ...this week I have been in a funk due to my upcoming hernia surgery a week from tomorrow ...still haven't hear from them as to when I go in for pre-op..been kinda stressed ...
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    4/8-4/13
    I got in 1 walk, gardening 2 days, a spin class and 2 strength sessions. ✔
    Carbs were 3 days under 50, 3 days over (one day double yikes)✔❌
    Yesterday scale was down 2, today back up 1 LOL
    Will aim for a lunch workout and more gardening after work today
    Need to get back into food prep, been kinda wingin' it the past week

Got my 2nd vaccine on Friday will no ill effects. Feeling hopeful <3
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    4/12
    Goals✅ I did some snacking on nuts after dinner so I need to cut that out but overall a decent day. Tuesday’s mean an afternoon of sitting so I tried to stay active early and exceeded my move goals. I could add some NEAT in the evenings so I’ll try to incorporate in the coming days.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    4/14
    Carby evening cravings lead to overage on carbs and calories. Other goals were on track. I’ve been craving more junk lately probably brought on by work and dog stress. This should be calming down soon. My 16th wedding anniversary is coming up Friday so we’ll flex on that day then back in the wagon of healthy eating.
  • baconslave
    Options
    April 14:
    cals: :innocent:
    carbs: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: Walk in beautiful weather
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Technical problems are preventing me from working today which had me fuming the past 6 hours. But you know what? Not once did I have the urge to binge eat or eat junk like I used to. I text vented to a few folks and decided to do some Keto baking while I wait for an internet rescue. (Using my WiFi hotspot works for personal devices but not my work stuff boo)

So in the oven are some ham and parm egg cups and fat head bagels are next. Blueberry something after that if I'm still waiting.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    @1thankful_momma what a cutie!
  • baconslave
    Options
    No sugar o:)
    No breads o:)
    Green veggies o:)
    Meat o:)
    GKI 2.1 o:)
    Bonus -Made it 26 hours for a clean fast today o:)o:)o:)
    Double Bonus - 1.5 mile walk. <3<3
    Picked out our puppy last night. 9 days before we bring her home. Not sure about a name yet. She is a Long haired German shepherd
    rdtdas5dbdds.jpeg

AWWWWW! PUPPER!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    4/16

Cals❌
    Carbs ❌
    Exercise. Nah.

Today is another day!