Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Holy Yassssss girl!!!!

The food looks amazing, I'm STILL in awe of the jogging and WILL continue to tell you that 😂😂😂, and jeez louise with the pounds just FALLING off 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

I can't even, you're my superhero today ♥️

PS - I LITERALLY contemplated jogging just now even though A: I'm the laziest creature alive (I used to run in my teens and loved it but I've gotten older and lazier lmao) and B: my arthritic knees wouldn't let me but THAT'S how impressed and inspired I am 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    LiLee...yep! Gotta kick it to the curb! Haha
    Ahhhh Steph I'm sorry you can't do the jogging you used to love. I have been exercising my whole life and I can attest that it doesn't do much for the pounds. But...it makes me really happy. Especially being outside brings out the endorphins for me. I'll keep doing it as long as I can.
    Had a good omad day. Kind of find myself waiting for my meal around 2pm. I eat at 5. I probably need to get out more in the afternoon to not just be waiting for my 20minute eat fest...Made fajitas tonight. Used 4 net carb tortillas. Pictured one but ate 2...stuffed but had some yogurt afterwards. Got my jog in this morning.
    Snowed out the blue this evening after being like 74 yesterday...crazy weather. Hope everyone's day went welllllll :)
    April 2: 30#'s to gooooo
    April 3: -.8/ 29.2 to go
    April 4: -.5/ 28.7 to go
    April 5: -2./26.7 to go
    April 6: +.2/26.9 to go
    oamtnmd9knse.jpg
    mad9c8g2wb4c.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Good omad day and I was less hungry during the afternoon today...happy about that. Did my jog this morning and then a lil walk with hubby after dinner. Dinner was chili and topped with everything and also the left over fajita pepper and onions from last night which was good on there. Had a salad too...and a Greek yogurt for dessert. Gained back .4 but I'm expecting that and more. Hoping for decent results at the end of the month. I'm being super omad adherent so we'll see.
    urg89mhmk2y3.jpg
    g6epb4qf6qbk.jpg

April 5: -2./ 26.7 to go
    April 6:+.2/ 26.9 to go
    April 7:+.4/ 27.3 to go
  • mistymeadows2005
    That looks NOM NOM NOM NOM - I LOVE fajitas!!! Chili I have to be in the mood for but when I AM?!?! Nothing hits the spot the same way <3

Excellent work so far and love the kitty photo bomb :D
  • katjustkat
    Same with me Steph....have chili once every three months or so. Hadn't had bean carbs in forever so it was a treat. Yeah kitty stuck her face in there so I snapped the pic quick! haha
    Got my jog in & it was a good omad day. Got hungry again around 2 but just hung in there. Had a nice beef tenderloin with hollandaise sauce, zucchini & squash cooked in ghee, parsley and garlic. Had yogurt for dessert. Yep I'm def full! :p
    Stayed the exact same weight wise but I'm happy with the progress so far. On keto alone I was stuck for the last month so it's good to see a drop...ANY drop.
    8acil2pyyad6.jpg (I'll get more steps in by tonight...usually get 20k) 4hx27ty30f9z.jpg
    April 8: - / 27.3 to go

• katjustkat
    Good omad day. Got the jog in and will head out for just a walk around the hood with the hubby in a lil bit. Had a greek salad and chicken & cauliflower au gratin for dinner. Had a yogurt too. Got hungry an hour before dinner but then remembered hunger does pass and when 5 o'clock dinner time came I wasn't really hungry. I get my 2nd covid shot tomorrow and am not looking forward to it as the 1st was pretty bad for me for 9 days :( Hoping it doesn't throw me backwards again.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend coming up :0)
    0u59qmxad3em.jpg
    l3rupfkb5lez.jpg
    April 9: -1.1/ 26.2 to go

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    You are doing awesome 👍👏You are rocking with your run and steps 🏃Your food looks amazing 🤤 So sorry to hear about your covid jab❤️ Hope the 2nd one will be better. 🤞 For us here, anyone under 50 will not be jab for now.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Amazing progress boo!!!! That filet with hollandaise looks FIREEEE 😍😍😍
  • katjustkat
    JP, Thank you for the kind words...I do love being outside so it feels all around good for me to get my steps in. I think we are at 18yrs and up for covid shots here. I got my second today and oh my gosh! No pain from the injection at all. Lil sore arm now but last time it literally felt like they carved out a piece of muscle. Same lady gave me the shot. Fell asleep 3 times today which I never ever fall asleep during the day. Hoping tomorrow is not bad...we'll seeeeeeee :#
    Steph ...I said it before...I think we like the same food >:) . You probably don't like ur meat burnt up like I do tho haha. I don't mind cookin' food up but I hate thinking about WHAT to make :s
    Had a good omad day. Did get hungry while cutting up the tomatoes at 4:30 and ate around the nub you throw away....felt guilty about that but was more than done with my food intake within 45 mins. Had left over chicken, steak, brussel sprouts, tomato & mozzarella salad and then a bit of yogurt for dessert. Got my run in early before my 10am shot....wasn't sure if I would be able to run for the next few days. Probably skip tomorrow no matter what.
    Hope everyone is at peace with the omad/ health journey <3
    w2wjnl7cvxpi.jpg
    q4clwimyxncv.jpg

April10: -.3/ 25.9 to go
  • jadepearl
    Glad to hear that your 2nd shot went OK👍Hope you are feeling better now❤️ You are doing really well👍 Keep up the good work 👏
  • mistymeadows2005
    Depends on the food LMAO - I want BURNT hot dogs and sausages cause I like the taste of FIRE on my doggies LMAO

But steak?! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Med Rare.....erring on the side of rare LMAO
  • katjustkat
    edited April 2021
    Thank you JP...Saturday night I started feeling punky and took tylenol. Checked my temp afterwards and it was 100....could not sleep at all Saturday night. Sunday was tired, achy, feverish, chills. Just sat in my recliner till bed time. Slept & woke up with no weird feelings at all. Did have a soaked nite shirt tho. Stayed resting all day and thought I could make dinner but as soon as I got to the kitchen counter I was like...nahhhhhh...so just ordered Chinese which was a good decision. May take one more day off from jogging tomorrow as just going up the stairs burns my thighs...
    Steph...lol...yeah I guess any pink, red dots or fat ( I call em googlies :# ) on any meat ...I can't do.
    Had 1/2 unwhich jimmy john yesterday for dinner and that was it. Today the chinese...Mongolian beef, veggie egg foo young and some kind of tofu. Yogurt for dessert. Was up .5 on Saturday and down 2.5 this morning....That loss had to be the night sweats from the fever so I wound kiss those pounds goodbye just yet. Steph def is teaching me tolerance towards the scale when I see the great results she has had and the overnight fluctuations being 100% a non factor.
    Wishing everyone strength during these trying times <3
    prncc1o45691.jpg
    April11: +.5/ 26.4 to go
    April12: -2.5/23.9 to go
  • katjustkat
    Good Omad day. Getting easier to wait thru any short hunger periods....I just think of the fasting/weight loss reward. Still have elevated heart rate so did not jog. Hoping to go tomorrow. Had salmon ( chopped it up) and Costco kale salad and yogurt with chia seeds and walnuts for dessert. Had a gain overnight but was to be expected for sure with the night sweats the other night. Plus...I'm wondering if the weight loss from the other night could have also been water released from my muscles from not jogging?
    Hope everyone is doing & feeling well :smile:
    cupxcf516lfk.jpg

April12: -2.5/ 23.9 to go
    April13:+.5/ 24.4 to go
  • katjustkat
    Good omad day. Had chicken and mushrooms in lemon butter sauce, asparagus, carrots and salad.
    Didn't jog again because blood pressure was 90/70...too low for me. Tomorrow and the next day it's supposed to snow so won't do it then either. After that hopefully the bod is ready to go. No weight loss or gain today. Hope everyone has a great night :0)
    jesaizqbw94y.jpg
    April 14: 0/24.4 to go
  • jadepearl
    Hope that you are A-OK <3 If you can't jog, then just treat it like an off day. I do the same when my vertigo acts up. Your OMAD looks delicious :yum:
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I hope you're feeling better and get to jog soon.
  • mistymeadows2005
    OH NO!!!! I'm sorry the bug gotcha, but glad it was short lived and you're on the road to recovery!!!

I'm SO GLAD you're learning to take the scale with a grain of salt - there are SO many factors in weight loss on the scale so you gotta dig through that crap to find the REAL weight LMAO

That food all looks DELISH!!! I had salmon this week tooooooo (Tues on my baby OMAD)

H'OH BOY, you'd better watch that blood pressure!!! Do you traditionally have issues or you think it's just the lil cold/bug hangin on?
  • katjustkat
    JP, thank you yeah with the first covid shot I had to wait a while to start jogging again and was surprised I was able to do my 4 miles easily...so I'm not worried.
    LiLee, feeling good just still some tiredness when I stand. Thanks; I'll be A-OKKKKK soon :p
    Steph, I was expecting/ afraid of worse after my reaction to the 1st vaccine. After 2nd vaccine on Saturday what's lingering is the low bp. I'm on meds for high bp but was at 107/72 ( really good number) and thinking of cutting pill in half. After 2nd vaccine my bp plunged....so I'm cutting bp pill in half and waiting for bp to normalize before I exert myself. When I got covid it really affected my bp to the down side...like 85/5
    5 and maybe way lower when I was too sick to check...but it took months to get it back to a normal range. So I'm monitoring it this time. If it isn't normal I'll go to the doc Monday. I'm realllllllly bad about going to the doc...heck I don't even go when I'm literally dying :s I have to be careful and aware tho...my dad passed away from CIDP ( chronic form Guillain Barre). It completely paralyzed him ( lungs too) only able to move his eyes and mouth. He got it after a tetanus shot... extremely rare. It was horrible.
    Had a good omad day. Was stressed so def had more urge to eat but did not. Had a fillet again, hollandaise, green beans and coleslaw. Had yogurt too. Gonna try to put a solid effort in as sisters and I are meeting in Vegas late next month. Would love another 8 pounds off o:) "angels sing"
    Hope everyone is feeling strong and positive :0) I've been looking at a lot of success photos and if they all can do it We all can too!
    weight stayed exactly the same "whan whan whannnnn"
    fanlv3oaz12c.jpg
    April 15: 0/24.4 to go
  • mistymeadows2005
    Yassssss with that filet Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom - do you make your hollandaise from scratch?! That's a fun culinary skill to have!!!! I NEVER think to make it but I should start 🤔🤔🤔
  • katjustkat
    edited April 2021
    Steph...yes, I use Ina Garten's easy peasy recipe: https://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/easy-to-make-hollandaise-sauce-0200311
    It's very good >:)
    Been having very good omad days. No calories at all before or after my one meal. weight is just staying the same but will probably wake up to a 2 pound loss soon. Started jogging ...3 days in a row so far and will keep at it everyday. No problem stating back up. Cut my blood pressure pill in half and bp was 102/65 last night still too low on the bottom number. Will see do in about two weeks and see what she has to say. Hang in there everyone :0)
    April15: +.3/24.7 to go
    April 16: +.2/ 24.9 to go
    April17: -.2/ 24.7 to go
    April 18:-.5/ 24.2
    vqw671kdk0x2.jpg
    1ydr6mh0kari.jpg
    wvespvb8rozy.jpg
    2njj9fkpmwnx.jpg

innards of a pot pie, eggs in purgatory, cod with cabbage. Had yogurt for dessert on most nights. Added a premier protein shake with dinner tonight. 30 grams of protein. I def was lacking in protein and will try to remember to have one with my omad from now on.