Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    Ewilhelm2487
    Friday
    PW: 241
    CW: 243 😭😭

I just can't lose I have no idea what the hell I'm doing wrong 😭

Plateaus are weird things...it's as if the body doesn't want to let go of the fat or something?! At some point science has to win out...don't give up, but sometimes it does help to do something unexpected...something the body can't predict...drink extra water, shake up your exercise routine, etc...

Stay the course!!! It HAS to come off!!
    You got this @ewilhelm2487 !!
    Jessica

Thank you!!!
    I think maybe I'm not eating enough or maybe it's too much. I just know I'm exhausted from trying to figure it out 🤣

I think as long as you're not going below 1200 calories per day, you're good...
    Jessica
  • kerdil08
    kerdil08 Posts: 61 Member
    @izzyred9400
    Congratulations on reaching your goal, that's awesome!
    I'm sure that's an amazing feeling. Hope you're planning to stick around (:
    Looks like we don't have any maintenance people on our team yet and I still need the steps motivation!!
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    5/7: 9,312
    5/8: 6,032
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    I just got home so gonna do weight tomorrow when I wake so its the same time as usual. I just didn't want anyone to think I forgot. Happy Mothers Day out there to those this applies to.
  • CharmingPassion
    Steps

5/5 - 8,390
    5/6 - 6,577
    5/7 - 7,113
    5/8 - 7,316
    5/9 - 2,889
  • jessicakrall8
    edited May 2021
    Hope all the Mum's who celebrated Mother's Day were truly spoiled ! @jessicakrall8 I love lilacs too.We had one in our front garden as I was growing up.They also remind me of my Mum.
    So yesterday I got to my final goal weight !! Yipee,but unfortunately I couldn't display it on my homepage as I hit the customise button & deleted all of the graphics !! which was a tad disappointing as I wanted to tell the world & his wife 🤣I know that everyone's journey on here is personal & different from each other's.I just wanted to say stick with it & eventually you will get to your goal.I has taken me nearly a year to lose just under 2 stone,which I worked out averaged 2 pounds a month.It has been sometimes frustrating that the scale didn't move,but the tape measure moved & I have to buy new jeans as even my skinny ones are too big.I feel fitter & healthier which was my main motivation to be healthy in my sixties & hopefully beyond.
    So a big thank you for this group & all the support & kind words.Now I have to keep the weight off !! No more yo yo dieting for me 😄

Wow, @izzyred9400 I can only imagine how amazing you feel and I'm glad you're taking a moment to "feel the pride" as it's hard work, as we ALL know! Start to think about and set your goal weight range and we can move you to the maintenance section of the spreadsheet and you can keep us all inspired as you walk through the process of adjusting to maintaining instead of losing!

You are amazing and I'm glad you took time to not only talk about your health, but also how your clothes feel!! We'd love to see a before and after pic if you feel like sharing...if not, I understand as that can be a bit private.

My mother loved lilacs. My dad planted a lilac bush for her when they were first married and moved into the house where I grew up. It was a tradition that each year when they bloomed, he'd cut the first batch of blossoms and bring to her in the house. Such a great memory because as a child I can remember him bringing them in, kissing and hugging her. Also, the bottom part of that bush was fairly hollowed out and I'd crawl in there, surrounded by that lovely fragrance, and read my library books. To this day, that scent brings back such wonderful memories for me. Both of my parents are gone now...Dad died way back in 1979, when I was just 12. Mom passed away a few years ago (2011) and I miss them every day. After parents are gone, the memories mean the most...I know they're in heaven together, surrounded by lilacs...

Hope you have a wonderful day and CONGRATULATIONS on your accomplishment...you should be strutting around like a peacock this week!! :smile:
    Jessica
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    eqclndzugqtp.jpg
    62bcxvg6dp3l.png
    ux2ljqilna80.png
    gkqudxb87lov.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    lkgtbdfeb6e9.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    lh90bwsw6l4s.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @goonies73 2.34 %
    1st @apple852hk 2.34%
    2nd @vegan4lyfe2012 2.30%
    3rd @trooworld 2.28 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @goonies73 5.8 Lbs
    2nd @rwood566 5.6 Lbs
    3rd @trooworld 5.0 Lbs
    3rd @roz0810 5.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @gillexplores
    @bumpbreakcar
    @kerdil08
    @graceojo999
    @missysave0612
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @SisuMom2019
    @melaniedscott
    @KristieJC

moish1wvh65q.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Week 2 challenge is up!

This is the MAGIC NUMBER CHALLENGE - a consistency challenge.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10832560/may-week-2-challenge-magic-numbers/p1?new=1
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Congrats on your goal achievement @izzyred9400!
  • jessicakrall8
    p01pghxnoemf.png

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who placed in the top three and on honorable mentions!! Great job all around!!
    Jessica
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Congratulations @izzyred9400 fantastic achievement. I find your story particularly inspiring as it shows me that even 2lb a month gets you there and that's roughly me too- only I have a ling way to go.
    You've shown determination & consistency pays off. Well done indeed.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 881 Member
    Thank you so much for your encouragement & congratulations @JoDavo66, @jessicakrall8 ,@Kerdil08, @jenready I know you all appreciate that we are all on a tough journey.It is an amazing feeling to get to goal.It has certainly been a roller coaster ride !! It has been a tough year for everyone. I guess I was determind not to let the pandemic become an excuse to eat & drink more. Something which I failed to do at the first lockdown.Hence I found myself at my heaviest weight ever.As I have said before I have been on MFP several times over the last few years.So now I hope that I can get to maintenance & not slip back into bad habits.
    I sure will be staying around for a while @Kerdil08 the race is on 🤣🤣🤣
    I need you Team Trimstones to keep me on the right path.
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion

PW: 297.8
    CW: 301

(not sure how accurate. had to use a pretty old school scale because mine broke. New one is already ordered so its possible this may fluctuate by next week)
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    Congratulations @izzyred9400! Inspiring example of what can happen when you stay the course and committed to the process. Well done! Can’t wait to hear about what maintenance is like for you. Curious... what to you plan to do differently now?
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    @izzyred9400 amazing job! Congratulations on making your goal! I can hardly wait to join you one day far in the future. :D
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    5/9: 4,235
    5/10: 10,178
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    @izzyred9400
    Wow, excellent!! Hoping to get there too some time in the distant future. :smiley:
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Hello all, it's been a long while since I posted here. I know I missed a lot and missed reading posts here. I'm home this week (have been staying with my sister for the most part last year until now) so I'll be reading posts and making some posts while I can. Yay!

Next week, I'm going to California to help my sister find a place to rent there. She's moving across the country due to a change in employer. I'm going to miss her so much! As well, it's been crazy busy for us for a long while now, so this week is a nice rest from the craziness.

Small report on me:
    I gained weight late last year and early this year, but have been maintaining at the higher weight this March and April. I peaked at around 200lbs but am now around 196. I think the lowest weight I got to last year was in the high 180's, so am going to work on getting there again.

I hope everyone is doing awesome with their journeys!

Rose

This discussion has been closed.