OMAD & Yoga

Options

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'll def take a picture of the flower box. I'm hoping it'll look neat & crisp. I normally only put red and white petunias.
    Trees...we just got 6 - 6ft emerald green arborvitaes. Gotta dig some big holes. Had aspens along our fence line separating our house from our back neighbors and they died (the trees) after 20 years...so now we see their house and not really a fan of looking at someone else's house. Hopefully the trees grow fast. They're supposed to grow narrow and straight up. We're in zone 8 so they should be ok here. I wanted Italian cypresses but not the right zone.
    Great you're getting right back on track. We can't unwind our hard work to get as far as we have. I keep thinking I don't want to get diabetes and leading to getting blind or need an amputation. My grandfather had to have his leg amputated in his 90's from diabetes. I just love my mobility so I don't want to jeopardize it by eating wrong.
    I really do so much better when I let my physical self be more powerful & busy than when I sit around the house and let my mind take over. My brain can make my physical self do what it wants it to do, so I def try to stay busy. As long as I'm physical, keep my blood sugar even... I have a good handle on what I put in my mouth.
    Let's keep at this & make new habits that stick forever.
  • bonitabeach33
    bonitabeach33 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What a gorgeous day here and if the forecast is any indication, then we are in for a week of super days. Nights will be a little chilly but that works for me.

Started out today with a long walk with our little fur baby, then I just got right into the gardening. New trees arrived so they now have a new home. Still too early to get the veggies in the garden so I take them out of the greenhouse every morning and put them all back and tuck them in every night. I did get all the gardens fertilised and ready for the veggies so as long as the squirrels don’t decide to bury their freakin nuts and acorns I’ll be good to go in another week.

I picked my first crop of Rhubarb too this morning which is the earliest I’ve done that. Currently making strawberry Rhubarb jam, so as I have to babysit it, I thought I’d catch up on MFP and see what all you lovely Losers are up to.

Working the OMAD plan and for the most part sticking to the Keto ideals too although I do tend to go off keto once every few days when I just really need a potato. Bread, which I thought would be a big issue for me really hasn’t been. I think it’s because I am only eating one meal a day and I used to always have sandwiches for lunch. I still try to get one or two videos of Dr. Eric Berg or Dr. Jason Fung watched every day as they are my main motivation.

Sticking to the plan is working so far and hope it’s working for all of you Losers too. Xoxo

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Never had Strawberry Rhubarb Jam, sounds delicious 😋
  • bonitabeach33
    Options
    Never had Strawberry Rhubarb Jam, sounds delicious 😋

If you were close, I’d drop some off for you Brenda. My neighbours love it.
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Sounds like you are enjoying the new season. We just planted some trees along our fence also. They should grow to 12-15 feet. It was hard work! Your jam sounds delish and I also have never had any.
    1tq22qz9xi38.jpg

• bonitabeach33
    Options
    I am trying to post photos’ but dont know how. Can you give me step by step directions please Kat. X I love your new plantings. The trees look awesome. X
  • Brendalea69
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I am trying to post photos’ but dont know how. Can you give me step by step directions please Kat. X I love your new plantings. The trees look awesome. X

I couldn't download photo's from the app, I had to open up myfitnesspal.com and log in that way and then I could download pics. Click on the camera or the picture box above this box you are writing in and then click in the empty space and your pics from your computer or phone should pop up and you click on which picture you want to put on your page. Then you need to wait til it's done downloading onto your post and click post reply. I hope this helps 🤷‍♀️
  • bonitabeach33
    Options
    Thanks Brenda. I will let you know how I make out. It sounds a little complicated so I’ll wait till I have a minute to focus. Hope all is well.
  • bonitabeach33
    Options
    Well Losers, I am just having the best time gardening. We are having unbelievably great weather for the time of year and everything seems to be blooming way ahead of schedule. I think it makes it’s making it easier to be careful with my food choices when I am out and about in the sunshine.

We are still in lockdown but hopefully it will ease up on June 2nd. At this rate I won’t need to worry about fitting in my summer clothes as no one will see me anyway LOL.

I am still sticking with the OMAD plan and I must say I really am finding it the easiest way for me. I don’t feel I am missing anything and I aren’t having any hunger issues. I do find that about 5pm I start to think about food which works as my meal time is 6pm ish anyway. I’ve been trying to keep away from the high carb items although if I want potato or fruit I just enjoy it during my mealtime. Food also seems to taste so much better - but I’m not sure if that’s a real thing or just my imagination. I did have a few drinks on the weekend and it didn’t seem to have any catastrophic results, which is good to know. Still loving the Yoga and adding in some intense cardio as well.

Today is the beginning of week 5, so lets see what that brings.

Oh, I forgot to let you know, I had to see my Dr. On Thursday about my tonsils (everything AOK) and while there she took my blood pressure. 90/53. It has always been OK but never quite so good. The only thing changed is my eating and exercise regime.

Hope you are all happy and healthy.

Xox0
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Great job at sticking to OMAD. I find that food tastes much better while OMADing and I start getting really hungry about 2 hours before it's time to eat.

In NH they changed our rules to Universal Best Practices and it replaces all existing “Safer at Home 2.0” It's so confusing!!!
  • bonitabeach33
    Options
    Brenda thank you. Let’s just hope that all the Covid rules and reg’s will be behind us all soon and we can move forward safely without virus worries.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Brenda thank you. Let’s just hope that all the Covid rules and reg’s will be behind us all soon and we can move forward safely without virus worries.

I hope so 🙏
  • bonitabeach33
    Options
    Good morning Losers. Well I’ve been getting my gardens ready and cleaned up and this year I’ve really felt I had more energy and also a better outlook to do it. I’m not sure if it’s all the Yoga and the OMAD but it sure coincided with me starting on this path. Not having to plan meals and wonder what to eat for breakfast or lunch is really nice too. I have no snack foods or candy around either which must be saving on our grocery bill. I haven’t looked at it yet but I will and I’ll let you know but I figure I am saving probably $50-$75 per week. I was eating a lot of junk food. I know I’m saving at least another $50 or so on wine per week. Heck I’m gonna check out some nice vacation spots for when we are able to travel.

My short term goal for the next 2 weeks is to see a 1 in front of my weight and say goodbye to the 2 forever. Wish me luck.

Hope you are all on the path you want. Sending hugs. X
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I'm cheering you on and fingers are crossed🤞You got this!!! 🙂
  • katjustkat
    Options
    It's definitely nice to not have to think of three different menus a day :) We don't have any junk food in the house either...everyone is eating better in our house.
    Did you figure out how to post pictures? Hmmmm I post from my apple laptop...What I do is select a pic from my iphone then I tap the 'air drop' icon under the picture then tap on that and select my mac book pro. Pic appears on my computer and I just drag it to my post. Boom done.
    Geeze you make me feel better about my blood pressure because I definitely thought mine was too low (90/70). I do definitely get light headed when I crouch down and then get up. I'll get some bp checks when I get back from Vegas. Keep the losses up and keep on keeping on being a loser :D<3
  • bonitabeach33
    Options
    Hi Kat the only way I can post a picture is on my friend page - so far anyway. Enjoy the trip and we look forward to updates when you are back.
  • bonitabeach33
    Options
    I had an awesome day today. The provincial gov’t lowered the Covid restrictions on some outdoor activities including golf. So, today was first day for courses to be open and I got hubby and I T-times for today and for tomorrow. Spent 5 hours golfing and just had a super time out there. Now I won’t talk about scores. It’s been lost 9 months since I’ve played so....you get the picture.

A little sad news. One of my friends on MFP just sent me a message to say she isn’t seeing results with recording all meals and finds it is making her obsess about food more. I really liked chatting with her so will miss her. I did try to respond as soon as I saw the message but she already deleted herself. Like everything in life, we all need different things and what works for one will not always work for everyone.

I find the MFP really helps me and I enjoy filling out the diary and monitoring my eating. It’s. Good chatting with you guys and that support is great too.

Hope you are all having a great Saturday and for those of you who are enjoying a long weekend - have fun. Will chat later Losers. Hugs to you all. Xx
  • bonitabeach33
    Options
    Hi Losers, today I am celebrating losing my first 20lbs. I’ve been on the OMAD path for 5 weeks and am so happy with the results. I know that this amount of loss wont be maintained but it is certainly proof positive for me to keep adopting this lifestyle. I am enjoying it and must say that I am feeling so much happier on the inside.

I hope you are all keeping well and happy. Xo
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    That is a great loss and a true motivator. Keep doing what you are doing!! Kudos to you
  • Brendalea69
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Awesome, keep at it and you will lose even more 🙂💜 You got this!!!