• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    May 15, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, gardening most of today
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes

Going nuts with nuts today? No(11 days-free )
    (I go nuts with nuts most times, trying to build a good habit this month. Counting the number of "nuts" free days. Did they say 21 days to form a habit?) Well, I am almost there.

Pass day 3/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    May 15

Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 1/3

I hate when I have no time to read - just check in...start wondering what I'm doing... :'(
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,872 Member
    Options
    It's now Monday and catching up with all the posts.

The NSV's everyone has shared are amazing. I did particularly like the diffinitive nature of @summerskier 's running logs of now vs a year ago. Seeing numbers can make it so clear. I also have to give a shout out to @Mrs_Hoffer for the most unique NSV - "better stamina giving massages".

@MadisonMolly2017 I found your method of easing into a more intuitive eating method inspiring. I may steal that method once i am ready.

@alligatorob So sorry about your dog! :'(

Happy B-day to @Crosbinium

Saturday, the 15th ended up at pass day. Was helping daughter clean parts of her gut renovated new house. Spent 4 hours (yes, I timed it) on one bathroom which is actually too small to legally be built these days (it is grandfathered so does not have to be pulled). But that tells you how dirty and messy it was. Anyhow, eating and formal exercise were too distracting. So its a pass. I've also decided to give in on my current pass on "credit". My damage was such a high number that day that trying to earn it back is negatively impacting too many other days. It is not work it. So, with giving up on this "pass on credit", I am now at 5 passes for the month. Will work hard on keeping that number small.

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    My NSV’s:

🌸 The last two days I tried an experiment. I always write my food intake in sticky notes & then enter them into my phone after I eat.
    These past two days, I wrote them & tucked them into my pocket. Tonight, JUST NOW, I entered them all.

I’m under both days!!! This is a HUGE DEAL!!!!
    I didn’t count calories. I didn’t use set meal times. Amazing. Simply amazing. I listened to my body. I used what I’ve learned over the years.

I might just be able to eat like a normal person. Time will tell. But today, at this moment, the holy grail, the goal I never dared dream of, might just be within reach.

It’s been a multi-year journey of experimentation, honest reflection, daily exercise, careful tracking of macro & micro nutrients, mindful eating, daily weigh-ins, and the development of an art practice that fills me up where before I used food & eating out.

As I said, fingers crossed. I’m going to try it the next two days and see! ❤️

this is huge. I think you might just have found a good way for folks to transition from logging to intuitive eating with this method if they want. Congratulations!

Thanks @SummerSkier. I think it is an intriguing approach. I know it will take some time for me to “learn the ropes.” I’m committed to making maintenance as easy as I can (and still maintain.) we’ll see. If it doesn’t work, it’s fine. I can always try a year later.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    It's now Monday and catching up with all the posts.

The NSV's everyone has shared are amazing. I did particularly like the diffinitive nature of @summerskier 's running logs of now vs a year ago. Seeing numbers can make it so clear. I also have to give a shout out to @Mrs_Hoffer for the most unique NSV - "better stamina giving massages".

@MadisonMolly2017 I found your method of easing into a more intuitive eating method inspiring. I may steal that method once i am ready.

@alligatorob So sorry about your dog! :'(

Happy B-day to @Crosbinium

Saturday, the 15th ended up at pass day. Was helping daughter clean parts of her gut renovated new house. Spent 4 hours (yes, I timed it) on one bathroom which is actually too small to legally be built these days (it is grandfathered so does not have to be pulled). But that tells you how dirty and messy it was. Anyhow, eating and formal exercise were too distracting. So its a pass. I've also decided to give in on my current pass on "credit". My damage was such a high number that day that trying to earn it back is negatively impacting too many other days. It is not work it. So, with giving up on this "pass on credit", I am now at 5 passes for the month. Will work hard on keeping that number small.

Thanks @SModa61 - it’s still early, but as I mentioned, my goal is to make maintenance as easy and least time-consuming as I can. I know I’ll probably have to iterate this idea over time to tailor it to my weak spots! But it’s a start!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,966 Member
    Options
    5/15
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 😈
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 😈

Using Pass #1
  • MizSpiffy
    MizSpiffy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Saturday May 15
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42
    WOW :)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 that is SO AMAZING!!! You must be over the moon. You have overcome SO much to get back on that podium... SO IMPRESSED by you young lady!!!! :) and get better quickly. No long covid allowed for any UAC'ers... I guess no vaccine is available for younger folks there yet. sigh.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 you are AMAZING!
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 Brilliant! You're a star! I bet you haven't stopped grinning!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Catching up post vacation ....

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes ... walked 8.4 miles
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? no
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? no, once limit was exceeded I quit

Passes used: 3/3
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, @Dory_42 what a great update! You must feel so good!!