• imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    junedave3 wrote: »
    Username: junedave3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 153
    CW 150

I tried something different this week 8/16. seems to have worked.

Nice loss!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    Monday motivation!!!
    I wanted to use today as a test run for my new schedule. I am physically going back to work every day starting tomorrow but I want to exercise in the morning before I go. Today was my first workout since knee surgery and it went okay. I can't do all of the moves yet so instead of stopping I just changed the moves into something else. That for me is growth because in the past I would have just stopped because I couldn't do it exactly.
    So, for this week I will stay consistent with my water intake, stick to the IF 16:8, log every calorie I consume and exercise at least three days.
    I hope everyone has an awesome day and I can't wait to see how our team does this week!! Think green!!!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    I’m Patrice, a new member of the group from the United States, living in Alexandria, Virginia, which is just a short drive across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C. I’m a 54 years old, married woman, with two sons who are both now university students (ages 19 & 20) ... and a dog that my husband loves more than any of us 😂. I work full time in the health and education fields, to improve child development and learning (in partnership with families) at the state and local levels.

I joined MFP in December 2019 and got serious about tracking my nutrition and exercise in March 2020. Since then, I’ve lost about 30 pounds, moving from my highest weight at 168 pounds and an overweight BMI, into a healthy BMI range. Now, my goal is to lose about 10-12 pounds while also building some muscle. I hope to stay between 125 and 130 pounds for maintenance, but I’m flexible depending on how the ‘recomposition’ phase goes. I don’t really know what to expect but I’m eager to learn. I’m looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better and appreciate the opportunity to join the ShrinkingAssets group!!

It sounds like you have a great plan for yourself. Congrats on how far you've come so far!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    junedave3 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I'm June. I live in the UK with my husband and our two dogs. and so happy to be a motivator for the Shrinking Assets.
    I have been losing and gaining the same pounds for months so I'm hoping that being a motivator will also help me. a sort of practice what you preach.
    One tip I would recommend is take your measurements on the first of the month its surprising to see that although the scales might not be showing the number that you want to see the tape measure will . especially if you are doing daily exercises.
    Hope you all have a great month and looking forward to getting to know you

Great tip! I take measurements monthly.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    wtbarunner wrote: »
    So is this the place we put our weekly weights on!!!

Yes! Use the below template to report your weigh in and try to do it on your weigh day because if it is reported late it won't count towards the team tally.

Username:
    Weigh In Day:
    PW(previous weight):
    CW(current weight):
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    angelic843 wrote: »
    Hello All!
    My name is Angela, I am 40 years old and I live in Pennsylvania with my husband and 12 year old step-son. I am an elementary music teacher. Summer break has just started so I am hoping this challenge will help me stay focused on my goals during these less structured months.

My goal for June is to keep focused on my daily habits, which are:
    - Get 7+ hours of sleep each day.
    - Drink at least 72oz of water each day.
    - Stay within my caloric limit each day. (MFP on regular days & TDEE maintenance limit on special occasions)
    - 6 minutes of continuous walking (I know six sounds low, but I am building up stamina after a knee injury)
    - 8000 steps before bed daily
    -
    Although I am trying to focus more on tracking my habits than the number on the scale, I hope to lose 5 pounds in June (who doesn’t want to see that number go down…LOL)

This month I need to focus on navigating…
    - An inconsistent schedule - I am a teacher on summer break. I will be working some because I help with a summer program, but I have quite a few days off to navigate.
    - We are taking a trip to the beach (Ocean City, MD) June 10th-13th

Thanks for letting me join last minute! I just saw the post this morning.

You have a great plan in place. I am working on some of the same things. We are going to rock June!!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    Username: francesca_grey
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): NA
    CW (Current Weight): 152.4

My main motivations are:
    — Shed the extra fat I gained during the panini
    — Build muscle to help manage my chronic illness
    — Stick to my IF 18:6 plan to curb binge eating and regulate hormones

I was in the best physical and mental shape of my life a little over a year ago and I want to get back there ASAP. I am going to follow the EPIC plan by Caroline Girvan which is dumbbell circuit training and HIIT 5 days a week with an active rest day. I might gain a little water weight to start and I tend to put on muscle relatively fast, so we’ll see how the scale responds.

Is the dumbbell circuit training available on demand somewhere or is it something you purchased? I am curious because weight training is something I'm interested in but I'm a little nervous to do anything at the gym. Newbee nerves...
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am Joy. A mother of three teenagers and married to my high school sweetheart. I will be 36 in August.
    After having children, my highest weight was 300. The lowest was 215 and that was in 2014.
    It has been a struggle for me weight-wise since 2014. Was doing well until my uncle passed away. Life happened from there.
    Last year my mental health started to go downhill. My husband helped me a great deal. One thing I would do is journal but was not staying consistent. Told him about my concerns in late October and he told me to start journaling. It may be repetitive but do it anyway. Every night when we got home from work, as we are winding down, he would ask me what I journaled that day. Boy did I think of myself very negatively!!! It was ugly!!!! We started working on reversing those negative thoughts together.
    Fast forward to March, do not remember what happened but something inside of me snapped. I joined the gym for the umpteenth time. Going to the gym is my me time. Finally had a 2-year leg injury looked at. Going to PT for it. No more pain. I have not been this happy and pain-free in a long time.
    So, what makes this time different than all the other times? I know my triggers, what to look for and how to handle them. I am committed to making and having my me time. I have been neglecting myself. It is time to start taking better care of myself.
    I enjoy nature, baking, reading, the beach, hiking, strength training, penguins are cute, hockey, and laughing. Love spending time with my family.
    My current weight is 282 lbs. I would like to lose 5 lbs. in June. My end goal is 150 lbs.
    Goals for June: Go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Drink 100 oz or more of water. Walk during lunch if weather permits.
    Sorry for the long intro. Have a good day/night. :smiley:

Three teenagers....wowsers!! Mental health is so important. Even though we just met, I'm so proud of you for taking those steps. I hope that you just continue to get stronger and can stick to plan of taking care of yourself. I am happy your are part of our team!
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Well didn't win a pair of pants.....YET!! challenge is still on!! First to lose 6lbs owes the other the pants!! @Beka3695 I know I'm gonna get it done!! I went to Walmart got better food choices! Gonna stay under 1200! Gonna drink 90oz of water per day!! Gonna work out 4 times this week!! #1 TODAY!! CHANGE THE HABITS~MAKE A NEW NORMAL!!!
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Username: Wtbarunner
    Weigh day: Monday
    PW: 243.4
    CW: 242.2
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Annie, 59, divorced, retired, and living in Delaware with my parents. My Dad is hard of hearing and my mom is losing her memory, but so far they are ageing well.

I workout with small dumbbells and bodyweight three times a week. I'm close to doing a pushup. I've also been walking inside, but I get pain in my legs, probably from being too sedentary. Right now I can walk for twelve minutes, which isn't much. But it's slowly getting better. Someday I might go back to the gym. And eventually get out and hike or ride my bike.

I would like to find an exercise that gets me sweaty but doesn't hurt. Maybe rowing, but I can't do that at home.

I eat eggs for breakfast, and overnight oatmeal with blueberries and protein powder for lunch. Then chicken for dinner. It's good until I get into the cookies or desserts that my mom buys. I'm down at 1100 calories, because I spend so much time in my room. Sundays are tricky for me because mom wants a big Sunday family dinner.

I just joined an online writer's group so I'm getting excited about writing again, but from a weight loss point of view, it's another sedentary hobby.

My goal for June is to stay under calories. On days when I eat out, I need a bigger deficit the day before and after. A second goal is to walk longer, say twenty minutes. And to get a new pair of walking shoes. And that pushup.

Annie
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Username: angelic843
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 382.8
    CW 382.8

I posted a quick intro yesterday, but forgot to share my starting stats for this challenge.
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome Joy - I feel ya, I too have had success in the past only to regain. I am determined to lose it slow and steady and keep it off this time!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    Well didn't win a pair of pants.....YET!! challenge is still on!! First to lose 6lbs owes the other the pants!! @Beka3695 I know I'm gonna get it done!! I went to Walmart got better food choices! Gonna stay under 1200! Gonna drink 90oz of water per day!! Gonna work out 4 times this week!! #1 TODAY!! CHANGE THE HABITS~MAKE A NEW NORMAL!!!

You sound very driven to win this! Go get it!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    Hi. I'm Annie, 59, divorced, retired, and living in Delaware with my parents. My Dad is hard of hearing and my mom is losing her memory, but so far they are ageing well.

I workout with small dumbbells and bodyweight three times a week. I'm close to doing a pushup. I've also been walking inside, but I get pain in my legs, probably from being too sedentary. Right now I can walk for twelve minutes, which isn't much. But it's slowly getting better. Someday I might go back to the gym. And eventually get out and hike or ride my bike.

I would like to find an exercise that gets me sweaty but doesn't hurt. Maybe rowing, but I can't do that at home.

I eat eggs for breakfast, and overnight oatmeal with blueberries and protein powder for lunch. Then chicken for dinner. It's good until I get into the cookies or desserts that my mom buys. I'm down at 1100 calories, because I spend so much time in my room. Sundays are tricky for me because mom wants a big Sunday family dinner.

I just joined an online writer's group so I'm getting excited about writing again, but from a weight loss point of view, it's another sedentary hobby.

My goal for June is to stay under calories. On days when I eat out, I need a bigger deficit the day before and after. A second goal is to walk longer, say twenty minutes. And to get a new pair of walking shoes. And that pushup.

Annie

It's so hard to resist temptation! Could you put the treats away so they aren't in your sight? That has helped me.
    You can do that pushup!!!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Username: RisingAboveIt
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW(previous weight): 215.0
    CW(current weight): 211.8
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group. I lost over 50 pounds last year and felt great, but around Thanksgiving, I just gave up. I have gained almost all of it back. I am trying to focus on taking care of myself to relose the weight and not bury myself in feeling disappointed and discouraged. I am sorry I posted my weigh-in late. I love to garden and spent all weekend in the yard, so I didn't read this thread until today!
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Is the dumbbell circuit training available on demand somewhere or is it something you purchased? I am curious because weight training is something I'm interested in but I'm a little nervous to do anything at the gym. Newbee nerves...

Search for Caroline Girvan EPIC and you’ll find her channel on YouTube. It’s a free 10 week program with 50 videos. She has a bonus beginner week to help you get used to the moves. I’ve never tried her workouts before but have heard rave reviews and they seem challenging.
This discussion has been closed.