Shrinking Assets - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I am Beka, one of your Team Captains and Group Moderator. My counterpart is Wendy aka @imgwendolyn2015.

I am 44, married, mom of 2 daughters, Mimi of one amazing grandson, and human mom to 3 fur babies. I usually live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia, but currently residing in Florida as I am acting nanny to my sweet grandson who just turned one.

I started my journey 3 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 (-68 lbs) and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232. It is only failure if you quit... right???

For my second time around, I am currently down about 56 lbs from my highest...

STATS
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest weight: 242, November 2016
    Current weight: 186
    Goal Weight: SEXY AF

June Goals:
    Just a copy and paste from prior months...
    - Reduce my binging
    - Reduce intake of sugary foods
    - focus on consistency of steps.

If you have not already, feel free to friend me. Please make your diaries open. Your teammates (umm - or me) might want to borrow your ideas that keep you in check.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    z3055yi5z2vj.jpg
    6fogeqh5fa02.png
    zwwhf5sz0jmq.png
    traff648lwwv.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    xci1stin4v6f.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    ctlwqljd0ygb.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @kerdil08 0.48 %
    2nd @hope002 0.27%
    3rd @Poobah1972 0.24 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @Poobah1972 7.8 Lbs
    2nd @hope002 4.4 Lbs
    3rd @kerdil08 4.2 Lbs
    3rd @littleflutterby 4.2 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @machchic
    @kandi3570
    @mulecanter
    @laceyf53
    @red1185
    @rachelrjh
    @davidji82
    @lorib642

peprv6gdgyah.png

• dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    dew11252
    Tuesday weigh day
    PW 281.0
    CW 280.0
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,050 Member
    Options
    Well done team! Two great losses!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    Can you carry over my weight from last week - I'm on vacation in Vegas & have no way to weigh in - thx
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I had to drop off my car at the mechanic this morning, so I will be fighting the urge to stress eat today! How is everyone else doing today?
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @RisingAboveIt - I’m sorry to hear about the added stress you’re dealing with because of your car problem. Can the mechanic let you use a ‘loaner’ car while it’s being fixed or are you able to get around without it?

I have a lot of work today and your question made my aware of my procrastination 🙄. I’m scheduled to row later today and have to meet friends at the boathouse this afternoon, which means I need to clear up my work tasks this morning. Thanks for jolting me back to reality. The high school boathouse near my house has been closed during the pandemic so my commute has been tripled from 10 minutes by bike or car (and also a manageable bus ride or walk) to 30 minutes in heavy traffic. I was so glad to have the option to continue sculling during the shutdown but I’m looking forward to the re-opening of the local rowing program in early July!

I hope you can reduce your stress with a walk or some other replacement for food, since the temporary comfort of food will likely add more stress later. Is there something that might help? Sometimes I would turn to simple moments of relief by using a scented lotion on my hands or enjoying one peppermint in a mindful way. I’m sure you’ll find what works best for you (turning up the music and dancing 💃?). Best wishes with your car and hang in there until the comfort food urge passes. You can do it!
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    @RisingAboveIt - So sorry to hear you are having car issues...car issues are the worst! We pay insurance, we pay for maintenance, some pay car payments, and yet when something goes wrong...we STILL PAY! I hope it turns out to be minor stuff.

Hello All - My day is going very well so far. Work is quiet so I am hoping to get a lot done today.

Quick question...My weigh in day is Saturday.
    So...just to be sure I am doing this correctly...I will post my first change in stats on Saturday.
    Is that right? I saw someone else who chose Saturday already posted.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I had to drop off my car at the mechanic this morning, so I will be fighting the urge to stress eat today! How is everyone else doing today?

Eating badly will not fix your car.... maybe take a walk instead
  • Beka3695
    Options
    angelic843 wrote: »
    @RisingAboveIt - So sorry to hear you are having car issues...car issues are the worst! We pay insurance, we pay for maintenance, some pay car payments, and yet when something goes wrong...we STILL PAY! I hope it turns out to be minor stuff.

Hello All - My day is going very well so far. Work is quiet so I am hoping to get a lot done today.

Quick question...My weigh in day is Saturday.
    So...just to be sure I am doing this correctly...I will post my first change in stats on Saturday.
    Is that right? I saw someone else who chose Saturday already posted.

You are correct about posting on Saturday. The other poster was likely a late weigh in from last week. That weigh in didn’t get into the tally for the week or even the month bc it was the end of month.

All weigh ins for the week must be posted by end of day Saturday. Moderator @jugar calculates the tallies at the crack of dawn Eastern standard time Sunday. I post the tallies typically later on Sunday - some weeks I’m a slacker (and human, and have a life away from MFP) and they get posted on Monday.

We are so glad to have you in the group!!!
  • hansonmd93
    hansonmd93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Username: hansonmd93
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW: 196.4
    CW: 195.6
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 I’m that way with a lot of things. I will be rooting for your sobriety and your losses this month.

I started a new workout program yesterday and I’m up a pound. I’m eating a lot of veggies, drinking saltwater and have sore muscles so I *know* it’s just scale weight but it is always frustrating to work so hard and not see the numbers go down, especially in the beginning.
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    junedave3 wrote: »
    Username: junedave3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 153
    CW 150

I tried something different this week 8/16. seems to have worked.

AWESOME LOSS! Whatever you did, it sure did work! Congratulations (particularly impressive since it's such a high % of your weight too!)
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Monday
    PW 248
    CW 246
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 sometimes life gets in the way... glad to hear you're back to being sober! Hit me up if you get cravings that need company for their misery, since I'm also on the sober train at least until giving birth.

On Tuesday I was hit with the most unfair hangover ever - I went out for dinner with some colleagues on Monday night. Obviously I didn't drink anything and I was home before 9PM, so the night included neither alcohol nor staying up late. Still, on Tuesday morning, I had a splitting headache, absolute exhaustion, puked, and was really thirsty. Sounds like a hangover to me.

4 days to go until our pregnancy halfway point, and one week until our anatomy scan where we can see the little one, hopefully hear everything is OK and maybe we'll even find out the sex of the baby :smile:
  • junedave3
    junedave3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    @Beka3695 sometimes life gets in the way... glad to hear you're back to being sober! Hit me up if you get cravings that need company for their misery, since I'm also on the sober train at least until giving birth.

On Tuesday I was hit with the most unfair hangover ever - I went out for dinner with some colleagues on Monday night. Obviously I didn't drink anything and I was home before 9PM, so the night included neither alcohol nor staying up late. Still, on Tuesday morning, I had a splitting headache, absolute exhaustion, puked, and was really thirsty. Sounds like a hangover to me.

4 days to go until our pregnancy halfway point, and one week until our anatomy scan where we can see the little one, hopefully hear everything is OK and maybe we'll even find out the sex of the baby :smile:

AWW exciting for you i wish you all the best x
This discussion has been closed.