Trimstones - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Arc130 wrote: »
    Confessions

• What did you do really well last week?
    The only goal I met was drinking at least 6-8 cups of water a day.

• What mini goal(s) do you hope to conquer this coming week?
    Continue meeting my water goal and adding the goal of eating at least 1 serving of vegetables and 1 serving of fruit a day.

• What one food do you hope to incorporate more into your diet?
    Vegetables

• What was your one big weakness last week?
    My sister bought a lot of buns from the Chinese bakery and I couldn't resist. Luckily it was late in the week and I went home before I could eat too many.

• What one act of kindness did you perform last week?
    (Not exactly a kindness, more of a thank you for having us over for so long). My sis and I cleaned my sister's friend's bathrooms and did laundry.

• What one trigger food will you avoid this week?
    Chips/Cheetos

• What topic would you like to read more about in our chatroom?
    Does anyone know any recipes for healthy one pot meals? If so please share. Instant pot, slow cooker, or stovetop pot are all ok. Additionally, what are some good savory snacks? I've been eating too much chips/Cheetos lately. (Ice cream too but I think I can replace with fruit and non-fat plain yogurt).

• And finally, what can your captains/motivators do to make your life easier in June?
    I can't think of anything at the moment. I really appreciate your (Jessica's) reachouts to me. 🤗

@Arc130 Here’s a one pot recipe that I just made tonight. I’ve made it exactly as the recipe says in a sauce pan but tonight I threw the chicken in the instant pot to sauté, added the garlic, lemon and dry pasta and added some chicken broth until the penne was covered. High pressure for 10 min, 5 min natural release. Added the fresh spinach and parm. And voila very tasty

https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/267768/chicken-spinach-skillet-pasta-with-lemon-parmesan/
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @shnerb00 - I believe that wine gums are British. I love them (I’m Canadian) - you’re right that they’re kind of like a jujube, but not quite as sweet. Used to buy them from the British shop when I was a kid 🙂
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    shnerb00 wrote: »

@Arc130 Here’s a one pot recipe that I just made tonight. I’ve made it exactly as the recipe says in a sauce pan but tonight I threw the chicken in the instant pot to sauté, added the garlic, lemon and dry pasta and added some chicken broth until the penne was covered. High pressure for 10 min, 5 min natural release. Added the fresh spinach and parm. And voila very tasty

https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/267768/chicken-spinach-skillet-pasta-with-lemon-parmesan/

@shnerb00 Thanks so much! Sounds really delicious. I have no wine but will use chicken broth. Need to go shopping for some chicken soon.
  • Waifer003
    Options
    Waifer003
    Step Goal - 10,000
    June 1 - 10,518
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Ugh I am behind again

Charmingpassion
    Weigh in Day: Sunday

PW: (honestly do not remember, I am sorry but I know it was lower then my CW)
    CW: 287.7

Things just got hectic. I weighed myself and then never posted. I am a mess this week everyone. I'm sorry.
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Previous Steps to catch up

5/26 - 3,093
    5/27 - 2,658
    5/28 - 6,567
    5/29 - 3,594
    5/30 - 2,752
    5/31 - 4,733
    6/1 - 4,207
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    @shnerb00 - I believe that wine gums are British. I love them (I’m Canadian) - you’re right that they’re kind of like a jujube, but not quite as sweet. Used to buy them from the British shop when I was a kid 🙂

You two are both going to laugh at me, but I've never even heard of jujubes...I'm not a sweets person, but you make them sound like gummy bears or taffy from the "chewy" comment. Oh well...live and learn...thanks!
    Jessica
  • joshuabennett1893
    joshuabennett1893 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Joshuabennett1893
    June 1
    Step goal: 10,000
    Steps: 13686
  • shnerb00
    Options

You two are both going to laugh at me, but I've never even heard of jujubes...I'm not a sweets person, but you make them sound like gummy bears or taffy from the "chewy" comment. Oh well...live and learn...thanks!
    Jessica

oh @jessicakrall8 you are missing out 🤣 but yes, similar to a gummy bear but like @Waifer003 said, less sweet. 😁
  • shnerb00
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 not at all like taffy 😜
  • Waifer003
    Options
    @shnerb00 and @jessicakrall8 - oh man, my life would be so much different if I had never been introduced to jujubes, wine gums and all of my favourite candy 😂. I swear I can trace my childhood (and adulthood) by telling you which candy I was eating at the time lol. Major red flag food for me
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @Arc130 one pot meals is a good one. We bought slow cooker as it's a challenge to cook some evenings when I have to get kids to out-of-school clubs. I wondered why I didn't buy one years ago. I can always do with more recipes.

@angmarie great news.

@jessicakrall8-oops yes 8,000. Step target.

Yup wine gums are a British thing- but I don't think there's ever been any wine near them 🤣🤣. Some diets recommended them for sweet tooth instead of chocolate- that's before we understood the processed sugar & diabetes issue! My parents always bought a huge family bag at what was our favourite sweetie shop on holiday when we went to cinema 🎥 when I was little.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    6/1-10,756
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica,
    Could you put me down for 15,000 for June step challenge.Sorry bit late but have had a busy few days.
    Steps so far,
    5/30 29,800
    5/31 7,741
    6/1 17,298
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Got you down @izzyred9400 for June! I never got your first name on the May chart...remind me please? Or do you prefer to go by Izzy? Is it for Elizabeth (my mother's middle name)?

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited June 2021
    Options
    6gdrh0wsqjxt.jpg

Wednesday Reminders...missing a few weigh ins this week (incl today):

@kerdil08
    @ewilhelm2487
    @angmarie28
    @Jen_967
    @Dnarules
    @dwoltering5

Thanks!
    Jessica :smile:
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    @shnerb00 and @jessicakrall8 - oh man, my life would be so much different if I had never been introduced to jujubes, wine gums and all of my favourite candy 😂. I swear I can trace my childhood (and adulthood) by telling you which candy I was eating at the time lol. Major red flag food for me

@schnerb00 and @waifer003 My grandmother used to keep a bowl of candy on her coffee table...they were maple nut goodies, I think the name was...by Brach's...beige on the outside and had a nut inside each one, covered in maple candy. LOVED those...my mother's favorite was snickers...I didn't get the chocolate bug...for me, sweets involves fruit...peach cobbler...cherry turnovers...but I never liked all the icing...and chocolate usually makes me gag...just tooooo sweet...I know, I'm an alien...about once or twice a year, I get a craving for one tiny miniature reese's peanut butter cup mini candy...and I'm good for another six months or so...HA! Everyone else in my family is normal...I'm the oddball.

Oh well...we all have our bad habits...mine is fast food, fried chicken and potato chips...ugh!

Jessica

My mom loves those maple thingy's. I'm a candy lover so I'm going to have to reevaluate our whole relationship.
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    vpogygol0qds.png

Just a few questions...my goal is to promote more discussion in our chatroom, as some of us only post on weigh days...please join in and help support each other...
    • What did you do really well last week?
      Ate healthier
    • What mini goal(s) do you hope to conquer this coming week?
      I hope to get in more steps
    • What one food do you hope to incorporate more into your diet?
      I need more Protein
    • What was your one big weakness last week?
      Memorial Day snacks on Sunday🤣
    • What one act of kindness did you perform last week?
      I don't think I did🤣🤷‍♀️
    • What one trigger food will you avoid this week?
      Junk food
    • What topic would you like to read more about in our chatroom?
      Maybe challenges to help motivate more, I can be real lazy🤣
    • And finally, what can your captains/motivators do to make your life easier in June?

Can't wait to see your thoughts...June starts Sunday, May 30th!
    Jessica

• Waifer003
    Options
    Waifer003
    Step Goal - 10,000
    June 2 - 12,481
This discussion has been closed.