June 9 Sign In

Options

Replies

• readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Wow, great question. I always believed taking time for me was taking time away from my family. I have to work so whatever spare time I have, I felt guilty not devoting it to my husband and kids. It wasn’t until my late 49s that I began to understand that self care was a necessity and not a luxury. If I had known it earlier, I would have been healthier and happier and so would have the time I spent with my husband and kids.

I did not balance health/work/life well today, or at all. My calories would have been within range if I had exercised. I started to rationalize that there wasn’t time and started blaming the world and oh poor me. But in reality, I now realize that all I had to do was march in place or do some occasional jumping jacks or walk outside around the house a few times in between putting out fires at my desk. I tied myself to the desk. I made that choice, consciously or not. Don’t get me wrong, there are same days, that start out as ordinary days, and then are filled with horrible, terrible events that turn that ordinary day into one of the most memorable of your life. Thankfully, those days are few and far apart in most people’s lives. This was a most ordinary day and I have got to stop rationalizing.

Wednesday, June 9

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Over by a little
    Exercise: No

Pass days to date - 3/3
  • shadowcookie1023
    shadowcookie1023 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When it came to weight loss and health I wish I knew what actual healthy eating looked like. This app really opened my eyes within the first 3 days of how much I was overeating. Personally I have a really hard time figuring out if I'm hungry or bored because I just feel insatiable. No matter how healthy the food, it all still adds up when you eat too much of it.

✅ Exercise: walking for about 30 minutes around the store while letting ny kid sleep

✅ Calories: managed to stay within green numbers!

✅ Tracking: every food and exercise 😁 I do think I overestimated the servings on some food, but that's okay
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    When it came to weight loss and health I wish I knew what actual healthy eating looked like. This app really opened my eyes within the first 3 days of how much I was overeating. Personally I have a really hard time figuring out if I'm hungry or bored because I just feel insatiable. No matter how healthy the food, it all still adds up when you eat too much of it.

✅ Exercise: walking for about 30 minutes around the store while letting ny kid sleep

✅ Calories: managed to stay within green numbers!

✅ Tracking: every food and exercise 😁 I do think I overestimated the servings on some food, but that's okay

Hi. I know for me, if I don’t get enough protein, I can’t stop eating. Then I need enough carbs. Fat seems to work itself out. I’m at around 1,500 calories a day. Of that 100 grams of protein, 150 grams of carbs and whatever the fat percentage turns out to be in the calculation. It took me some time to figure out what works for me, so play around with your percentages to see what works best for you. You can set your macros where you set your calories. Everyone is different and you will tweak a bit here and there for a bit to dial in what your body needs.
  • tryingtoloveme97
    tryingtoloveme97 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NO
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Couldn't, there was a meal I ate where I can't find the food on here
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,199 Member
    Options
    June 9

Exercised: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

0/3 Pass Days Used
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,987 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld
    Thank you. You inspire me to keep posting.

Re: your post.
    Thank goodness you were such an David exerciser!!!!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #2