TEAM: The Slimsons (June)

Replies

• Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    June Week 2 - Thurs, 6/10

Happy 100th birthday to the late Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

Track: Yes
    Calories: About on point? I actually made a healthy lunch - rotini and sauce mixed some leftover pulled chicken I found at work. It was actually good. I made something and didn’t buy it pre-made!
    Exercise: An hour of laundry and packing

My mood has been up and down the last couple weeks. It’s down this week. I just feel frustrated at my job, that my work and effort aren’t recognised. I’m not asking for a “good job” everyday. But hearing a new coworker praised at a staff meeting for getting his MLS while I get an obligatory “eh, good for you” for pursuing the same degree (maintaining a 4.0 GPA, mind you) irked me. Yeah, I don’t graduate till next year, but I’ve been going to school part-time and working (part-time only now because of my pandemic job loss) isn’t easy. It’s a lot of money, time, blood, and tears. Oh, and so many late nights.

I'm sorry you aren't being recognized like you should be. I finished my bachelor's a few years for health information technology. I know how difficult school can be. You are doing so great! Hold your head up high and know we are so proud of you. It's not easy and you are crushing it!
  • Jen_967
    Daily Post
    Thursday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes- walking outside 45 minutes this evening and did 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone video this morning.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Post Thursday
    Calories: Yes under
    Exercise: Yes 26 minutes indoor walking
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Sorry I’ve been MIA these last two weeks.
    If it’s ok with y’all, I’m going to post my weight today instead of tomorrow. My sister and I are going up to NY (where I’m from) to go see my brother. Thank you.
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,676 Member
    edited June 2021
    ojvxiykvnm5w.jpg
    Daily Post Thursday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise yes gardening
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Chalmation
    Week 2
    Friday
    PW 141.2
    CW 141.4

My 1st gain since starting in January...argh!
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    June Week 2 - Thurs, 6/10

Happy 100th birthday to the late Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

Calories: About on point? I actually made a healthy lunch - rotini and sauce mixed some leftover pulled chicken I found at work. It was actually good. I made something and didn’t buy it pre-made!
    Exercise: An hour of laundry and packing

My mood has been up and down the last couple weeks. It’s down this week. I just feel frustrated at my job, that my work and effort aren’t recognised. I’m not asking for a “good job” everyday. But hearing a new coworker praised at a staff meeting for getting his MLS while I get an obligatory “eh, good for you” for pursuing the same degree (maintaining a 4.0 GPA, mind you) irked me. Yeah, I don’t graduate till next year, but I’ve been going to school part-time and working (part-time only now because of my pandemic job loss) isn’t easy. It’s a lot of money, time, blood, and tears. Oh, and so many late nights.

Yeah, I hear you about the lack of recognition, and I'm sorry you get treated that way. I work in an engineering department so I know what you're talking about. Good for you for maintaining a 4.0 GPA. I hope it all works out for you. But not getting appreciated just makes everything so much harder...
  • RetroJoe28
    RetroJoe28 Posts: 218 Member
    RetroJoe28
    Week 2
    Friday
    PW 200.8
    CW 197.4
  • chublet25
    RetroJoe28 wrote: »
    RetroJoe28
    Week 2
    Friday
    PW 200.8
    CW 197.4

Nice loss!
  • chublet25
    Daily Post
    Friday

Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: yes (got and stacked 51 bales, walked/hiked about 90 minutes)
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Daily Post
    Friday
    Exercise: More gardening. I'm in a battle with squirrels who are digging up my new flowers, so today I sprinkled the plants with cayenne pepper that makes squirrels sneeze. Last week a crow was attacking the plants and pulling them up by the roots! Added some pinwheels around the plants which seem to help scare them away. Never a dull moment in my little garden!
  • Jen_967
    RetroJoe28 wrote: »
    RetroJoe28
    Week 2
    Friday
    PW 200.8
    CW 197.4

Awesome loss! 👌
  • Jen_967
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Sorry I’ve been MIA these last two weeks.
    If it’s ok with y’all, I’m going to post my weight today instead of tomorrow. My sister and I are going up to NY (where I’m from) to go see my brother. Thank you.

Have a great time!
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    June Week 2 - Fri, 6/11

Calories: Under-ish (over with all the tea I’ve had today, under if counting food only)
    Exercise: Shelving books and pulling holds

I need to set up a weekly goal to walk. My weight is up or down within a few pounds. I need to drop below the 180 mark. That’ll start my momentum.
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question: What is your favorite activity that gets you up and moving?

Hiking. I don’t mean hardcore 90 degrees up a mountain, but hiking in a preserve or state park, surrounding by beauty. Being at peace, surrounded by... well, my preference is no one, but just water, nature, me time.

• Jen_967
    Daily Post
    Friday
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no- rest day
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Vicky2767
    Sat
    June week 2
    PW 206.1
    CW 208.2
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,676 Member
    Daily Post Friday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under
    Exercise yes yardwork
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member

Daily Post
    Friday
    Exercise: Yes
    I don’t think I ate enough calories yesterday. I did not bring a lunch to work and had too much to do to go out. By the time I got home I was exhausted. I ate a spoonful of food and went to bed. Woke up today very hungry. Waiting for my eating window to open.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Tdrjustus3
    Week 2
    PW: 244
    CW: 242.6
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    walk4today
    June week 2
    Saturday
    PW: 245.8