Weight No More - June 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Thanks for the well wishes. I did have a colonoscopy years ago. They think I'm at risk because of my dad. I told them today I'm not doing this again, the dr laughed and told me yes I am. Last time I had to drink some prescription meds, this time I did the miralax and other gross drink. I never finished drinking any of it. I almost threw up both times and the chicken broth made it worse. My husband wanted the leftover container for cooking but I threw it in the trash so I dont have to look at it. I also had an endoscopy so they put me on meds. He wants me to try the low fodmap diet. I came home and was starving, now I'm just too tired to do anything and it's a nice day so that's a bummer.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited June 2021
    @ljdanny My last colonoscopy was about 6 years ago - age 62. I also told the doctor I wouldn't do it again and he laughed. Since I'll be 72 when I'm due for the next one I just might pull it off. I'm pretty sure the cutoff is age 72. I had an endoscopy last year before I started the chemo treatments to rule out cancer in my stomach. Not fun in any way! Don't want to do that again either. Both in one day sounds like torture.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    ljdanny wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes. I did have a colonoscopy years ago. They think I'm at risk because of my dad. I told them today I'm not doing this again, the dr laughed and told me yes I am. Last time I had to drink some prescription meds, this time I did the miralax and other gross drink. I never finished drinking any of it. I almost threw up both times and the chicken broth made it worse. My husband wanted the leftover container for cooking but I threw it in the trash so I dont have to look at it. I also had an endoscopy so they put me on meds. He wants me to try the low fodmap diet. I came home and was starving, now I'm just too tired to do anything and it's a nice day so that's a bummer.

Hopefully you are feeling better now.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    ljdanny wrote: »

I feel for you. I have them every year or two because I have ulcerative colitis. I hate it too. Hugs to you, Tracy.
  • 1theresamcvean
    I popped on here midweek to thank you all. Just being back in the group is helping. I did what I said I would do and looked back at my diaries. I set myself up for a menu this week from weeks ago when I was losing well and it’s working.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi3570
    Typical weigh in day Saturday. I’ll be in Myrtle beach. I’ll go back to Saturday next week.
    PW 177.0
    CW 179.2
    + 2.9

I’m back to the plateau at 177. I’ve ate pretty well this week when I was home. I had a party yesterday and 2 meals that I ate out. With no way to accurately count calories. Hopefully I’m not stuck for another 6 months. 🤷‍♀️ But I’m going to try my best after vacation.
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    IDebraK
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 154.2
    CW: 151.8
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    June Week Three

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 167.6 (June 10th)
    CW (Current Weight): 167.4 (June 17th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 66.6 lbs

Is it as big of a loss as last week? No. But progress is progress, no matter how small.

Food:

I've been doing pretty well over the past week. Until yesterday. Yesterday was very clearly self sabotage, snacking on whatever I could get my hands on, reaching for seconds when I wasn't hungry, just bored. And despite recognizing these behaviors for what they were, I didn't stop myself.

Exercise:

And maybe my poor eating habits from yesterday could be attributed to my body's hesitancy to recover properly. I got very little sleep over the weekend, without compensating throughout the week, and without reducing my exercise frequency. This general exhaustion is not doing great things for my body, so I'll be taking a nap during lunch today, do a cryotherapy session, attempt to get to bed early tonight, and maybe even cancel my workout for Saturday morning, depending on how I am feeling. Burning out is not on my to-do list this summer.

On a brighter note, I'm feeling strong. I'm looking strong. I've noticed, people have noticed, and I appreciate the validation.

Mindset:

As per usual, I'm partially good, partially bad, entirely exhausted. I wrote a whole blog post yesterday, so I'm not feeling the need to absolutely unload all of my mindset into this message.

61b011ad0fc92f979039df0511cb9c3b.jpg
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    weigh in Thursday
    week 3
    pw 162.2
    cw 160.4

I have been getting more protein this week, I will try to keep up with that
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    June Week Two
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 225.6 (June 10th)
    CW (Current Weight): 220.2 (June 17th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 50.9 lbs
  • ljdanny
    Ljdanny
    Week 3
    Thursday
    Pw 193
    Cw 191.2
  • ljdanny
    I know my loss is only because I had to drink miralax for a day but I will take it. I did find my low fodmap book and another book I had about eating with ibs. Now I just have to start reading them. They let me out of work early today so I am going to try and be productive, my granddaughter was in the middle of nap time so I do have to go back to pick her up. That's only downside of getting to leave early.
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Week 3
    Mxlaw90
    PW 145.2 lbs
    CW 145.4 lbs

This again is the month of maintenance, I have been working a lot with the new job so I haven’t been tracking as much as I would like, but I have packed a lunch every day this far. My goals for the rest of the month/July are to try and run on my off days, just need to adjust to the new routine
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    Username: dbrinkmeyer
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Last week's weight: 187
    Current weight: 187
    Steps: 57024
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    PW: 149
    CW:147 lbs.
    I’m ready for the weekend!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last week's weight: 135.6
    Current weight: 136.8
    Steps: 66,806
  • 1theresamcvean
    Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Starting weight: 177.4
    Last week’s weight: 153.6
    Today's weight: 152.1
    Loss to date: 25.3
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Username:gottagetthisdown
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight):174
    CW (Current Weight):174.4
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    rachelrjh wrote: »
    I found out today my dog has liver disease and could die from it soon. It’s crazy how it got real bad this quick. She won’t eat and vomits if she does eat. She lays around and doesn’t move much at all. It’s sad. She is a six year old labradoodle.

So sorry to hear that. I love my fur and feathered babies. It's so hard when they're sick, and you can't "fix" them. I lost my Akita to renal failure caused by an enlarged heart. Big dog with big dog problems.

I currently have two dogs that are 15 years old. I know nature says they can't live forever, but I sure will hate when that day comes.

Sending you good vibes and happy thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.