Sun, June 20th
    Week 4 - Day 1
    MUAC: No/No/No
    7399 Steps
    72oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    ⚫️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(YesDays♥️MUAC) 
    ⚫️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(3x🥊Weekly)

I’m back from our girl’s trip to St. Augustine. Had a good time, despite all the rain dampening our plans. We were able to slip in a few tours when it wasn’t raining, such as the Flagler college tour, the Old Town Trolley, Ripley’s Ghost Investigation, and we even got to sit with a palm/tarot card reader. Feeling exhausted today and mostly I feel overstuffed and gluttonous. I’m totally ready to recommit and get back on that wagon!
  • NRTyreman
    NRTyreman Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2 Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! I really want to travel back to the states again I still can't get over the terrain you guys have, I don't think I will ever forget Yosemite and I am desperate to one day visit yellow stone. Could I be terribly nosey and ask why you went on a college tour?

Also I don't know if any of you guys have been to the UK/Europe but do you guys realise how far everything is for you? I couldn't actually grasp the distance between things when I was over there. My house is literally 3000 steps from a supermarket, my son's nursery and our town centre. Kudos to you guys getting in your steps because without my errands around town I don't know how I would get myself out of the house sometimes.

Sorry for the ramble, just always been fascinated with the US!

Week 4 Day 2
    Monday 21st June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 14,525

I really like taking some time to reflect on the previous day and I hope you guys don't mind me using this space as an excuse to do so, definitely seem to help me collect my scatty brain haha!
  • naomi9271
    naomi9271 Posts: 127 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Week 4 Day 2
    Monday 21st June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes

Exercise was “lugging heavy stuff around” which unsurprisingly is not in the exercise database, so I called it gardening.

@NRTyreman, I’m always interested in what you have to say, and pick up some pointers from you, whether you know it or not. Like “accidental trekking to the nursery multiple times = you can do more than you realize” Or, “I think I’ll just add alphabet exercises = use the opportunity you’re given”Just like with @alpdexplorer. Both of your stick-to-it-iveness regardless of circumstances attitude has got me out the door more than one time :) Were you in California? I remember your Venice Beach comment.

@alpdexplorer, your NSV’s were awesome. Mine is more along the lines of slowly learning how to eat properly. But that’s a life skill I’m really happy to have.
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    naomi9271 wrote: »
    Week 4 Day 2
    Monday 21st June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes

Exercise was “lugging heavy stuff around” which unsurprisingly is not in the exercise database, so I called it gardening.

@NRTyreman, I’m always interested in what you have to say, and pick up some pointers from you, whether you know it or not. Like “accidental trekking to the nursery multiple times = you can do more than you realize” Or, “I think I’ll just add alphabet exercises = use the opportunity you’re given”Just like with @alpdexplorer. Both of your stick-to-it-iveness regardless of circumstances attitude has got me out the door more than one time :) Were you in California? I remember your Venice Beach comment.

@alpdexplorer, your NSV’s were awesome. Mine is more along the lines of slowly learning how to eat properly. But that’s a life skill I’m really happy to have.

Thanks Naomi, makes me feel better about my oversharing :lol: I'm actually in Oxford, England. I went on holiday to California and Las Vegas about 2/3 years ago. Just a big fan of all the mountains and very jealous about the horse saddles hahaha.
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    DAILY POST [W4-D2]
    Monday, June 21st.

Tracked: Yes.
    Calories: Under.
    Exercise: 2 walks: 47 minutes-1.33 miles / 23 minutes-0.80 miles.
    Steps: 7865 / 6000

I went on 2 walks. One with Dais and a good friend, and another with just me and Dais. Combined mileage: 2.13. I'm getting closer to my goal (: Oh, and last night I made a mistake... I have never taken pre-workout before so I decided to try it. Well, I didn't start my walk until nearly 730. I didn't read the directions until I got home. I guess you're supposed to start out with half a serving to see how you tolerate it AND not to take it 3 hours before bed (I go to sleep around 930ish normally). I had SO much energy. I didn't get much sleep so I feel like a zombie today LOL. It was a good day, though!
  • alpdexplorer
    Options
    naomi9271 wrote: »
    Week 4 Day 2
    Monday 21st June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes

Thank you! I'm definitely still working on eating. That has been a tough process, but the whole exercise and moving has been far tougher for me. 😂

@NRTyreman I don't mind hearing about your day and reflections. I enjoy it actually.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: June week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 186
    CW: 185
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    tzuvsms4x697.jpg
    **June Week 3**
    g3jetnqqnzsg.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):

@alpdexplorer.
    @Naomi9271.
    @NRTyreman.
    mdls2vxf2leb.gif

Click to view>> Week 3 Results have also been posted!!

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @Waifer003. - 1.33%
    2nd - @NRTyreman. - 1.20%
    3rd - @scminto. - 0.97%
    2uweco3mgzor.gif
  • NRTyreman
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Week 4 Day 3
    Tuesday 22nd June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 19,158

Yesterday I really brought the energy despite a terrible night sleep, probably because I was listening to a very girl power book :sunglasses: and despite the book being a fantasy about fairies :lol: I put the breathing techniques in it to some good use! Alas the book is finished and this mornings workout was mentally gruelling to get through, I was going through the motions but didn't feel the same motivation to get the most out of it. I guess you can't win them all.

Anyone else worrying if they will loose motivation? I haven't yet and I can't believe how long I have kept this up but I do wonder if I will fall off the wagon and if I will be able to get back on when I do....

I hope even when I get to a desired weight I still keep tracking everything because honestly, it is terrify finding out just how much calories where in some of my fav snacks.
  • naomi9271
    Options
    Username Naomi9271
    June week 3
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW.. 143.8
    CW.. 143.4

Last week median weight 145, this week median weight 144.6 Phew! TOM, along with all the fun that brings.

Week 4 Day 3
    Tuesday 22nd June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes

@NRTyreman Anyone else worrying if they will loose motivation? I haven't yet and I can't believe how long I have kept this up but I do wonder if I will fall off the wagon and if I will be able to get back on when I do...

Yes. I’m within 5 lbs now of my goal weight (going by median number) and it does get harder and slower, which makes being motivated harder. I don’t have the massive losses and scale motivations I had when I first started. But I still have the skills and tools I picked up. Like, how to make a filling and tasty meal that is also low in calories, and just how high in calories things like peanut butter are. So even if/when I lose motivation, or reach my goal weight, I won’t be innocently slathering peanut butter or glopping olive oil or high calorie salad dressing and thinking I’m being “healthy”again. And also, just how helpful exercise is, which I didn’t understand before. Had extra dessert with dinner? No problem, also enjoy an after-dinner stroll…and prepare my low calorie breakfast. (I’d love to share that recipe with you, it’s been a game changer for me). And long run, these are the small changes that I will make permanent, while dieting isn’t ever permanent.

Yes, I bought a scale. I will be using it to monitor myself when this challenge and this diet is over. And I will keep logging. As you may have noticed (LOL) I am still learning how to get stuff right. I still need the help :smile:
  • alpdexplorer
    Options
    DAILY POST [W4-D3]
    Tuesday, June 22nd.

Tracked: Yes.
    Calories: Under.
    Exercise: I went on a walk with Daisers. 94 minutes / 3.36 miles!
    Steps: 12000 / 6000

I dropped Dais off at home after 2 miles (she's old and after a couple miles she started slowing down a bit. I didn't want her to be super sore). Of course, my grandma said she was having a fit after I left her. Pacing around, looking out the window. She's such a baby, lol.

GUESS WHAT YOU GUYS! I made my 3 mile goal AND I hit a step high of 12k! I'm extremely proud of myself. I could barely do a mile at the beginning of the challenge and was so sore afterwards. Now I'm able to walk long distances. Eep! Seeing the progress is so motivating!
  • alpdexplorer
    Options
    NRTyreman wrote: »
    Week 4 Day 3
    Tuesday 22nd June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 19,158

Yesterday I really brought the energy despite a terrible night sleep, probably because I was listening to a very girl power book :sunglasses: and despite the book being a fantasy about fairies :lol: I put the breathing techniques in it to some good use! Alas the book is finished and this mornings workout was mentally gruelling to get through, I was going through the motions but didn't feel the same motivation to get the most out of it. I guess you can't win them all.

Anyone else worrying if they will loose motivation? I haven't yet and I can't believe how long I have kept this up but I do wonder if I will fall off the wagon and if I will be able to get back on when I do....

I hope even when I get to a desired weight I still keep tracking everything because honestly, it is terrify finding out just how much calories where in some of my fav snacks.

I'm always worried I'll lose motivation. I've been on and off this lifestyle change for years! I lost 50 lbs back in 2010 and in 2011 I went back to my old ways, gaining all my weight back. So disappointing! And another year I lost 40 lbs (2017/2018) and gained everything back again plus an additional 40 lbs. UGH. So, I'm hoping by doing these challenges and continuing with progress I'll be okay!
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    @naomi9271 please share away, probably better than my grenade bar I can't seem to let go off :lol: I am very weird about breakfast foods at the best of times so I either need to keep mixing it up or have a 'safe' food. Grenade bars aren't bad for macros and calories but I would feel better adding fruit and veg but I am also very lazy.

@alpdexplorer Hopefully this little group will also help us keep on track, fingers crossed we can stick to it!
  • naomi9271
    Options
    @NRTyreman
    In a measuring cup break 1 egg. Fill to 1c level with egg whites (around 170g). Add to blender along with 2 slices regular bread. Add a pinch of salt, and a few shakes of cinnamon. Blend, and while blending, add 1/4tsp guar gum or xanthum gum (guar is easier to get). Add berry of choice (yesterday I added 125g blueberries). Wait a few minutes, then cook on a griddle like regular pancakes (hot cakes there?) but at lower heat.

Serve with sugar free maple syrup or Greek yogurt and a few more berries.

This is around 400 calories. You can lower it a bit by omitting the egg and just using 1c of just egg whites or omitting the berries, or choosing the sugar free maple syrup instead of the yogurt.

You get your fiber, your protein, fruit, and all in a breakfast that tastes like you couldn’t possibly have it on a diet. And best of all, it will fill you up like you wouldn’t believe.

This has saved my butt on more than one occasion, when I was feeling deprived from being on a diet :smile:
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    @naomi9271 thanks for converting to grams, still don't understand how you guys came up with cups as a measurement :lol:

Honestly that sounds amazing! 100% going to try it this weekend and let you know how we get one. Do you reckon multi seed bread would work, my stomach isnt the biggest fan white or wholemeal :anguished:
  • naomi9271
    Options
    @NRTyreman it should work perfectly well. I’ve done it with sprouted grain bread before, which tasted a bit healthier if you know what I mean, but still delicious.

It’s 1 egg plus 170g or so egg white. Or around 230g egg whites w/o the egg per 2 slices of bread. LOL, Stone is also aggravating so we’re even :smile:

I hope you like it!!! I’ve even got my mother doing it, but she’s a rebel so she adds savory spices and serves it with sautéed veggies and yogurt.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    @alpdexplorer do you toast your tortilla before you spread it with cream cheese? I love everything bagel seasoning and wanted to know how you prepped that snack.
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    Morning everyone :smile: !

I felt really tired and generally meh yesterday, I didn't feel as if I was giving my exercise as much gusto as normal and went to bed an hour earlier than normal. I am chalking it up to not enough sleep and too few calories, I have been 500 under my target for the prior couple of days before.

I managed to get a few more calories inn me yesterday to boost energy today and despite a really stiff and meh start to the day I definitely feel more positive. I managed to better focus on engaging the right muscles on my workout so happy start to today hoping it carries forward during the day!

Not planning on doing much more than going for a walk or two tomorrow, no planned strengthening exercises as I am getting my first dose of the COVID vaccine :neutral: If I am feeling up to it I might do a little switch ring fit session but I think my poor glutes need a rest :lol:

Week 4 Day 4
    Wednesday 23rd June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 17,797

@naomi9271 I was born in south africa so alas my poor brain can only handle metric :lol:. The world of stones, ounces and even miles evades my understanding!
  • naomi9271
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Week 4 Day 4
    Wednesday 23rd June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes

Saw a teenage deer with velvet on his antlers on my ride. So cute!!!!

@NRTyreman, that’s what I felt like when I accidentally ate too little also. Good luck today! And wow, you are a serious world traveler….

Editing to add that I think the higher protein diet I’ve been eating got rid of my “hangry” signals, which is why I didn’t notice. That’d have been unbelievable to me with my prior diet….I’d have been chewing peoples’ heads off 🤣
  • alpdexplorer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    @alpdexplorer do you toast your tortilla before you spread it with cream cheese? I love everything bagel seasoning and wanted to know how you prepped that snack.

All you do is spread the cream cheese on the tortilla and then add the bagel seasoning. I roll it up and cut it into six pieces. Spread butter on the outsides and put in the air fryer with parchment paper. Half way through flip and keep in until you get the desired crispiness. Usually about 10 minutes at most. I'm sure you can put it in a pan on the stove as well. My grandma likes them extra crispy, I like them lightly toasted- so I take them out a little earlier.
This discussion has been closed.