Weight No More - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    ~~ June Week Four ~~

Hi folks! Pardon the late post - I was waiting to see if more people were going to share their steps before I wrote anything... and then time just got away from me.

~ Team Announcements ~

Motivator Needed!

We are looking for a new motivator (or two!) to keep up with the group, share some inspiration for the team, and give Melanie and me a hand from time to time if necessary. It's a simple role, and I would be more than happy to help anyone interested learn the ropes of crafting an effective Motivator Message™ (the trademark symbol makes it look more official, no?).

360_F_97189945_OBLFtbVJTz6hYeWqOYDrhUdnFt2wadXo.jpg

They'd Walk 1000 Miles If They Could Just Seeeeeee Yoooooooou

We had five strong steppers logging this past week, totaling over 300,000 steps as a team! On average, that's over 60,000 steps per person (which is incredible).

The Leaderboard:

@sandielewis2001 - 77,603 total | 11,086 average - Most Steps in One Day!
    @lennoncpa - 66,806 total | 9,544 average
    @dbrinkmeyer - 57,024 total | 8,146 average
    @ljdanny - 54,134 total | 7,733 average
    @pacsnc6 - 46,729 total | 6,676 average - Most Consistent!

What a small but mighty team! Keep up the great work, the great progress, and be sure to grab a couple pictures if you see something interesting while walking around. We love to see places we haven't been, animals we haven't seen, the world around you. Sharing is caring!

funny-running-quote-5-picture-quote-1.jpg
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    This morning I was lazy. I didn't want to go on my morning walk, I only wanted to snuggle in bed and sleep in. Luckily for me I had previously identified 5 "good" reasons to skip my walk. An excused absence, if you will.
    1. No walk if it is rainy outside because wet dog smell is disgusting (this is a rarely used excuse in sunny CA)
    2. No walk if it is below 35 degrees outside (This gets me out of a few days in the winter time)
    3. No walk if it is over 90 degrees outside (I've never used this one since it is always cool in the morning)
    4. No walk if the air quality is poor due to fires (I will not endanger my lungs in the pursuit of health)
    5. No walk if I am sick or in pain. My body needs rest to heal

This morning I had no valid excuses so I told myself to get out of bed and walk just a short distance. I can walk less than a mile even if I feel blah and I know that I will be happier for doing so. Once on the trail I found my happy place and finished my normal 4.1 mile walk. Sometimes just getting out of the door is the hardest part of the day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Keep up the good work and remember to keep taking those steps towards health. You've got this!
  • sandielewis2001
    Options
    Great job team on making the leaderboard this week!!! Let’s do great things for week 4!!!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @sandielewis2001 great job on the walk today and putting us on the loss list this week.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    1. No walk if it is rainy outside because wet dog smell is disgusting (this is a rarely used excuse in sunny CA)
    2. No walk if it is below 35 degrees outside (This gets me out of a few days in the winter time)
    3. No walk if it is over 90 degrees outside (I've never used this one since it is always cool in the morning)
    4. No walk if the air quality is poor due to fires (I will not endanger my lungs in the pursuit of health)
    5. No walk if I am sick or in pain. My body needs rest to heal
    I really like this list but I'd have to drop the 95 degree on, as we're headed into a hot summer and many days it will be 90 before 7. But that means my totally slug-like behavior Sunday was excused! It was raining (though wet dog smell is generally not a problem here, no dog) and I was in pain (icky headache). Ha!

Ashley...is that a Bad Company reference?!?
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    WEIGHIN
    Weigh day: Thursday
    Highest weight: 159
    PW: 151.8
    Current weight: 152
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Ashley...is that a Bad Company reference?!?

Nope, if I had said "I love you so, I'd walk a hundred miles to let you know", then it would be a Bad Company reference.

This week, it was a Vanessa Carlton "A Thousand Miles" reference.

There's a lot of songs that reference walking, and I'm taking full advantage
  • sandielewis2001
    Options
    June Week Four
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 220.2 (June 17th)
    CW (Current Weight): 219.8 (June 24th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 51.3 lbs

4 weeks in the green!!!!
  • pacsnc6
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm Somehow forgot to weigh this morning, will do tomorrow

Beautiful day here in NC - sunny, low 80s, no humidity and a light breeze. I have enjoyed sitting outside reading and working in the garden
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    You have a new member heading your way ... Please welcome @Kaken21 :)
  • sandielewis2001
    Options
    Welcome to the group @Kaken21
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Week 4
    PW 145.4lbs
    CW 144.2 lbs
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Kaj848
    Week 4
    PW: 164.2
    CW: 161.8

Yay! I have been stuck at 163/164 for awhile so it’s nice to finally get past those numbers. I did better-not perfect but better-with my night snacking and it obviously made a difference. Continuing to run 3x/week and this week I was able to do a 5k with no stopping. Happy with progress today!
  • pacsnc6
    Options
    pacsnc6
    week 4
    pw 160.2
    cw 161.8

And I thought I was doing good this week. Might be just water as I have had more low back/leg pain this week.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last week's weight: 136.8
    Current weight: 136.6
    Steps: 74,503
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 191.2
    Cw 189.4
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Well not sure how that weight loss happened. Maybe because I was sick the end of last week. But I will take it. Hopefully it keeps going down.i am getting closer to my virtual appointment with the weight loss clinic to hopefully start going there. My granddaughter had the stomach bug Wednesday night. I felt so bad watching her get sick. We have the stomach bug going around the daycare. As I was typing this I had to break for a child getting sick. I have to take a sibo test tomorrow, there are a lot of rules to follow for this. I am tired of taking tests. I am starving and I am restricted to what I can eat.
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Username:gottagetthisdown
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight):174
    CW (Current Weight):173.2
This discussion has been closed.