June 30 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    30th June

Yes yes and yes!!!

I need your help guys.... for the month of June i hve been eating at maintance 1700 calories to stop my cycle of bingeing and i am proud to say it worked, i hve not had a binge since the 28th May, Yay!!! However now for July i am going to decrease my calories and try to loose this last 1.2kgs once and for all. During my weight loss stage i was eating at 1200 calories but im scared to go that low again incase it triggers the bingeing again . So long story short how much of a deficit do u eat in for weight loss??? and any reccomendations for me??? Thanks in advance!! Xox
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks!
    Please keep posting to the UAC Post @RangerRickL posted in Challenges. This tends to be the day when others are deciding which groups they will join!

In fact, let’s work together to keep the post on top half of the page through July 2 or 3.

Thanks!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Great suggestion Maddie! :love: Here's the LINK for the UAC thread that @RangerRickL created in Challenges for this month's group. (If you're like me and have trouble finding it - here you go!)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10836655/ultimate-accountability-challenge-uac-july#latest

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,561 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @donna25trinity
    I am not in maintenance per say and I am not sure what I think about that phrase what I try to do to stay consistent or drop a few more pounds/kgs is to play with my daily count right now I think I am at around 1230 calories a day it’s working it’s only a number in my book experiment and see what happens good luck let us know how it turns out.
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    30/06/2021
    "Don’t give up! Just keep on pushing yourself and give your body a chance, it'll surprise you in a way you would never imagine it could. You'll one day look back and thank your past-self for not giving up."
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    • Day 3 of Beginner EPIC | Ab & Core Workout
    • Jogging 7.21 km in 0:49:32 (6:53 min/km – average; Hart rate 135 bpm; Recovery – Excellent 45). Total 269 km in June
    • Fitness Age/VO2max: 20/42
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes Fasting Day
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Pass days used: 0 of 3
    158707077.png
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity ... I wouldn't go down to 1200. You might consider what I'm going to do. Work on losing only 1lb (.5kg) a month. So maybe only go down to 1550 as @MaltedTea suggested. I was originally going to say 1500. Removing 100-150 calories feels more doable and less likely to trigger a binge I would think though I admittedly have no experience in this.

Unfortunately, for me I'll have to stay closer to 1300 or add longer treadmill sessions which I'm not too interested in doing. Lately the treadmill has felt like a bit of a slog. It's taken maximum discipline to do it. This month I averaged 1400 calories and while I got below 120lbs 2-3 times it has never stayed there. It's frustrating to say the least.

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    June 30

✅ - Exercise 20+ Minutes (18 Yoga, 45 Run, 15 Strength)
    ✅ - Calories within budget
    ✅ - Tracked every detail I consumed

1/3 Pass Days Used (19th)

Personal Challenges Met: 29/30 days (4th)
    ✅ - Net Carbs 30g or less (18g)
    ✅ - Protein 180g or more (212g)
    ✅ - Intermittent Fasted (17 hrs)

Congrats to everyone who made it through June! Hope to see you all in July.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    June 30:

✔️ EXERCISE: 100 minutes walking.
    ❌ CALORIES: 1720/1600
    ✔️ TRACK: Yes.

PASSES USED: Too many. I'm out of the Winner's Circle, but I am a Champion!! :smile:

"The only difference between failure and success is your willingness to make mistakes, get back up, and keep moving forward." ~Unknown."
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning you've had a great month! It's inspiring that you've not only taken ONLY 1 Pass Day this month, but that you've also met your PERSONAL CHALLENGES 29/30 days as well! Awesome job! :love:
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    30th June

Yes yes and yes!!!

I need your help guys.... for the month of June i hve been eating at maintance 1700 calories to stop my cycle of bingeing and i am proud to say it worked, i hve not had a binge since the 28th May, Yay!!! However now for July i am going to decrease my calories and try to loose this last 1.2kgs once and for all. During my weight loss stage i was eating at 1200 calories but im scared to go that low again incase it triggers the bingeing again . So long story short how much of a deficit do u eat in for weight loss??? and any reccomendations for me??? Thanks in advance!! Xox

Hi Donna! @donna25trinity
    Congratulations on your successes since May 28th!
    Does it seem easy now
    1) to eat at 1700 calories?
    2) to not binge?

If either answer is “no”, I’d really suggest doing it another month or three.

I chased those last 5lbs. for months. I still don’t know why. I was/am heathy, BMI in 23’s, low bp, cholesterol, great macros/micros, exercising daily, etc. - all my doctors thrilled.

I gradually gained back (stressful) to the weight that I had actually noticed was difficult to stick to diet.

I should have stopped there the first time!!
    Still in the 23’s, doctors happy, etc & my calorie allowance is comfortable. Lower wt, even 2-3 lbs, and I get “ravenous” 🤷‍♀️

More questions to ponder..
    Why the weight that is 1.2kg lower?

Will you go lower than that so it becomes your high wt in your maintenance range?

HOWEVER if you really want to lose the 1.2 kg, as another member mentioned, could you lose it very slowly over many months.

For example 0.1 lb per month- I like to do that - I call it “Tricking my set point or my brain” such gradual changes that it doesn’t catch on LOL it works!

Consider those months exceptional practice for maintenance- no big wind on the scale, manageable to no hunger, etc.

I’m up 1.5 lbs above my high end of my maintenance range at the moment. I’m giving myself 5 months until Thanksgiving to lose it - gradually. (I plan to maintain/lose slightly through the hot months & then lose the final bit when glorious fall arrives!)

I will cut 30 daily calories- or whatever seems easy, not 500. I have learned if I cut more calories, my body with have me eat them back the next day.

Alternatively, I’ll add some more steps.

There are so many possibilities!

I hope this helps!
    🌸Maddie
    #You’veGotThis
    #MarathonNotASprint
    #🐢not🐇
    #PracticingMaintenance
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    JUN 30 - Pass day
    T ✅ | C ❎ | E ✅ [20 min walk]
  • pamjsa
    pamjsa Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wrapping up this deeply imperfect month of June with yet another pass day. Congratulations to those who made it to the winner's circle! That's a big accomplishment with so many areas of the U.S. experiencing such high temps.

I've signed up for the July UAC, but mostly as a safety net. We'll be traveling for part of the month; on top of that, I really want to see if I can stick to my maintenance plan when it's just me and MFP. (But the minute I feel myself backsliding, I know what to do!)

Thanks to everyone who is generously working to keep this community moving forward. Your support is so valuable.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    3 x Yes
    2 pass days left
    Looking forward to July
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    pamjsa wrote: »
    Wrapping up this deeply imperfect month of June with yet another pass day. Congratulations to those who made it to the winner's circle! That's a big accomplishment with so many areas of the U.S. experiencing such high temps.

I've signed up for the July UAC, but mostly as a safety net. We'll be traveling for part of the month; on top of that, I really want to see if I can stick to my maintenance plan when it's just me and MFP. (But the minute I feel myself backsliding, I know what to do!)

Thanks to everyone who is generously working to keep this community moving forward. Your support is so valuable.

UAC is the best safety net!
    Enjoy your trip!
    Maintenance takes self-kindness & when something goes sideways, remaining calm & shifting a couple of things back into line - sooner rather than later.

I still find trips to be the last remaining challenge & The HalfSizeMe gal states it’s the most difficult for many as we have so much less practice with it when compared to weekdays, weekends, or even celebrations/holidays.

She suggests finding a place with cooking facilities, stopping at grocery store (if flying in) to stick up for breakfast & lunch) as a starting point.

I bring my food, my food scale, and my regular scale. Some of the dinner foods are frozen in case we eat put for dinner (pre-COVID). I usually gain a little, but not to bad.

Good Luck @pamjsa !!

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,561 Member
    Options
    Tracked logged exercised bring on July!!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,873 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    (...resurfacing...)

I'm in the Winner's Circle too, my friends and I'll add all my unaccounted for days before tomorrow! Congrats to all those who plugged in their efforts daily.

@donna25trinity Try not to overthink it: a caloric deficit remains a caloric deficit. If you were to net 1550 calories (from calories in and calories out) over the next month, you'd lose about a pound. That's only 150 fewer calories per day than you're eating now. Going to1400 calories per day means you'd lose about 2 pounds (bringing you closer to your scale goal but increasing the chances of negative eating habits unless you mitigate).

Does the weight on the scale specifically NEED to show up in July for some reason? If not, perhaps consider giving yourself til the end of the season to get to this number.

@maltedtea got you covered!