Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) July

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member

We enthusiastically welcome newcomers and ongoing team members!

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!!
The 3 Big Rules accountability is a regular posting of your:
1) 20 minutes or more of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming less than your chosen limit of daily calories

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the coveted Winner's Circle.

And
Those who regularly post throughout the month, are celebrated as UAC Champions
Join us by clicking on the link and click the Join button
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140905-ultimate-accountability-challenge-july-2021

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    😐 Déjà juillet?!

The months go by so quickly! Especially when you're a part of this group.

As mentioned above, the idea is to regularly check in to the group so as to stay on track with your personal goals.

What you may have missed, or taken for granted, is "incredible accountability partners."

Having taken part in this group every month since last October, I can personally attest to how INCREDIBLE, warm, intriguing and thought-provoking everyone is. There's something about this magical group dynamic that helps you get to your goals.

Do yourself a favor: sign up for July.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    I agree with @MaltedTea if you are looking for accountability, this is the group to be!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Thank you @MaltedTea and @victorious55 I am so happy we have a new leader in July. I'm signed up and happy to be with you too/two!
    Your friend, Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    See Ultimate Accountability Challenge team members enthusiasm above....

Join us for July...

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
    This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!!

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
    Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the coveted Winner's Circle.

And
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140905-ultimate-accountability-challenge-july-2021
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    I've been with UAC for almost 3 years. This is such a great motivational space, where you get valuable support from the kind, caring members. It has helped me finally reach my UGW (just before Covid hit the world for six) and stay there for the duration. Posting everyday helps build solid habits which will help you on your quest for better Health and Fitness.

There are 3 'simple' daily requirements:
    • 20+ minutes exercise
    • stay under your personal calorie goal
    • Track calories
    Fulfil them each day and post results to enter Winners' Circle.
    You get up to 3 pass days, to help you earn your place in Winners' Circle.
    If you use more than those 3 pass days, all is not lost. You can join our Champions for the month by logging every day, no matter what.

It’s a fun way to have accountability.

Come join us. You won’t regret it.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,551 Member
    Options
    I look forward to checking in and seeing how my UAC buddies are doing also so supportive and offer a ton of encouragement what do you have to lose ? Join us for support, fun and exercise ideas
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    kkbxhw8ra624.png
    We are in the home stretch of the June UAC. Please join us for July

And

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Thank you @TerriRichardson112 and @snowshoe072 I appreciate you so much!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Just bumping this up in announcements
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    To anyone wondering if they should join this challenge, you have nothing to lose and have so much potential to gain.

In my opinion the UAC epitomizes the vital essence of MFP, begging the question why use MFP at all if not also taking on the UAC?

Each day you hold yourself to account, asking of yourself the following three questions:

1. Did I stay within my personal calorie goal ? This is the main feature of MFP at the top of everyone's home page.

2. Did I track everything I ate/drank? Yet another core feature of MFP which when used properly can provide valuable insight into one's dietary habits.

3. Was I active for at least 20 minutes? Whether it was a workout, or cleaning the house, or mowing the lawn, did you manage to not be a couch potato all day? Another core feature of MFP is tracking exercise and the ability to adjust your daily calories if desired. While you can reach and maintain your ideal weight on diet alone, there are many people in a normal BMI range who are unhealthy. Why go through so much effort to be unhealthy just to weigh some certain amount? It makes no sense.

Just my thoughts. Hope to see you there!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    1. This challenge will make your dreams come true

2 You will not feel that you are facing your challenges alone

3. You will practice three habits that will make #1 come true with the support of #2.

It’s a game changer.

Evidence: I’m beginning my 40th consecutive month in UAC in July. I lost my final 25lbs (of 75) and have maintained for 34 months after 45 years of trying to do so.

More evidence: My BMI is in the 23’s. It was 34.2 on 1/1/16.
    My doctors are thrilled. Low bp, low cholesterol, walk every day, healthy.

Even More Evidence (and the MOST Compelling) … We had a change of leadership recently (thank you @Mrs_Hoffer), and over 20 people stepped forwards to volunteer to keep this group going!!!

You will never regret trying UAC out - I promise.

Come join & write something in the Introductions discussion. We can’t wait to welcome you.

PS. When something works this well, it’s really difficult not to shout it from the tallest mountain tops. 🏔 So do excuse our gushing, but DO try it!!!

🌸Maddie
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Thanks so much to the team members who gave enthusiastic reviews. See above
    @TerriRichardson112; @WhatMeRunning; and @MadisonMolly2017
  • RangerRickL
    Options

And
  • RangerRickL
    Options

And
  • RangerRickL
    Options

We are in the home stretch of the June UAC. Please join us for July

And

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi There!

I just had to add another post,

I know you’re busy getting ready for 4th of July in the USA, but this group is worth joining now - even if you just officially begin on July 5th!!!

If you really want to get your weight to where you want it and maintain, this group will make it happen. The most commonly thing I’ve heard - and thought myself - in the past 3 years + in the group is “WHY DIDN’T I FIND THIS SOONER!!”

Don’t wait!
    You get to call the shots…YOU decide your calorie goal, YOU decide what counts as exercise, etc.

This gives YOU back your power - to change, to become healthier, to be successful.

Try it; I promise you will achieve great things!

🌸Maddie

Check the link in the post above to join!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    I've been a member of the UAC since Nov and can also attest that it's a terrific, encouraging group of incredibly motivating people of all ages and backgrounds - from all over the globe! :love:

In my opinion, we are more like a 'family' than a group of online acquaintances. We share each others triumphs and struggles, (but you can share as much or as little as you like). I've received so much encouragement and support from the caring members in this group. The members are at various stages in their weight loss/healthy eating journey, including several who are in 'maintenance' mode.... and they often share their experiences and nuggets of wisdom to help those of us who are still working toward losing weight. I've personally learned SO MUCH from this group!

I hope you'll join us for July and give us a try! What have you got to lose????

Join us by clicking on the link and be sure to click the JOIN button
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    I’ve been with UAC for almost 3 years. This is such a great motivational space, where you get valuable support from the kind, caring members. It has helped me finally reach my UGW (just before Covid hit the world for six) and stay there for the duration. Posting everyday helps build solid habits which will help you on your quest for better Health and Fitness.

There are 3 'simple' daily requirements:
    • 20+ minutes exercise
    • stay under your personal calorie goal
    • Track calories
    Fulfil them each day and post results to enter Winners' Circle.
    You get up to 3 pass days, to help you earn your place in Winners' Circle.
    If you use more than those 3 pass days, all is not lost. You can join our Champions for the month by logging every day, no matter what.

• RangerRickL
    Options
    See the great team member's reviews above, the click the link and press the "Join" button.

I hope you'll join us for July and give us a try! What have you got to lose????

Join us by clicking on the link and be sure to click the JOIN button
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    I joined UAC in December 2020 and i can honestly say it has changed my life. I feel this is the only place i feel understood with regards to my weight loss jouney. This group of ppl are so kind, intelligent, helpful and supportive. If ur looking to make lasting changes then UAC my friend is the place for u!! Xox