GET DAT REAR IN GEAR July 2021

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
It's not summer for some of us. It's winter in the southern part of the globe. Or you can take the position of the sunny side and remember we're smack dab in the throes of the oh-so-lovely 2021, still freakin' dealing with Covid's nonsense... Whatever the season (or global catastrophe :unamused: ), the month of July is as good a month as any to endeavor to challenge ourselves to stretch our goals, to push ourselves a little farther or harder, because we know, if we want to, we can do anything. These past couple years have def proved how strong we can be!

Some of us have been plugging along and maybe have slowed down their effort a little. Some of us have paused to blink and noticed "Dang! 6 months are gone already, and I'm still spinning my wheels not getting it done. :weary: "
No problem. It's Get Dat Rear in Gear July. Off yer duff, me hearties! It's go time.

63tlqnl38zwz.jpg

Whether it be revamping our on-going plan or finally spurring ourselves to get off our rear and start, let's challenge ourselves to improve our efforts. As long as it represents an improvement for you and your health/fitness, your goal is perfect for this month, whatever it may be. Buckle down on plan basics? Push a little harder in workouts? Branch out and try a new kind of exercise? Stepping up lagging NEAT? Or just plain BEGIN? It's all fair game.

Get dat rear in gear, y'all, and see how far you can go! I think you'll surprise yourself. :wink:

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,940 Member
    Options
    My July Goals are:

Walk 3 days a week with 1 lonnnnnng walk on Saturday's
    Swim 3 days a week
    Meal prep
    Drink 120 oz of water
    pre-log my food
    Keep carbs under 10% :)

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I'm going to continue my 180 min a week and add a weight loss goal of 3 lbs for the month. I know it's not a lot but I was stuck between 173-176 for Jan-April and am down to 169.5 this morning. Big breakthrough on my plateau and mentally as well. I now feel confident in setting mini goals/rewards again without disappointment.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    6/28 swam 127 minutes and burn 747 calories ....food was on point :)
    6/29 walked 140 minutes 5.69 miles and burned 736 calories ...food is on point :)
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    July goals:

Dedicated workout >5 days/week
    Minimum 10K steps daily

At this stage my food consumption is not (well, rarely) a problem but I’ve been stuck at my weight for three weeks going up/down the same 2 pounds. I am also not able to fit into clothes which fit me well even at 7 pounds higher. (Thanks, menopause!). So I am going to focus on functional exercise with strength training and a smattering of cardio thrown in. Let’s hope my belly surrenders to this stealth attack. 😄🏃🏽‍♀️
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    @Ringbearer2 girl I feel ya on the menopause/belly thing!! But we're working on it :smile:
  • Ringbearer2
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @Ringbearer2 girl I feel ya on the menopause/belly thing!! But we're working on it :smile:

Yes, we are! It will succumb 😀
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    @Ringbearer2 You are not alone ....this menopause crap is for the birds .... my weight is all over the place .. I am hoping once my new gym gets here I can get my weight under control...my belly is my problem child ..I look like I am 7 or 8 months preggo ( I hate it ) ....hugsss

I am so excited for you to get your new gym. It looks amazeballs. I think my stomach was flatter than this when I was pregnant (I swear I carried my daughter in my rear end). It certainly was firmer.

• Ringbearer2
    Options
    6/30 (yes, yes I know but I am DONE with Jiggly June. According to Happy Scale I lost 2.2 lbs in 30 days. Kitten that crap).

16,534 steps
    2 mile walk
    1.26 mile run at 11 minute pace (embarrassingly, this is fast for me)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    6/30 swam 128 minutes burned 717 calories ...food was on point
    7/1 walked Aspen my husky with my daughter for 134 minutes ...5.23 miles and burned 714 calories ..food will be on point ...making Jennie 0 frozen Turkey Breast with loaded cauliflower and a salad :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    7/1 - all workouts complete, food was maintenance, not ideal but not the end of the world either
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    7/1

17714 steps
    3.4 mile walk

7/2
    18301 steps
    67 intensity minutes
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    7/2 meal prepped
    7/3 was suppose to be our lonnnnnnng walk but I woke up with a major headache so I am staying home and finishing my meal prep ...Last night I made Jennie O frozen turkey breast with keto gravy and buttery garlic green beans for dinner it was yummy :)
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    HI have been spinning my wheels lately & really frustrated with my weight. I decided to resign my second job to reduce my stress level and in two weeks I'm having a hip replacement, so I hope once I've healed up from that I can get out and be more physical. I haven't been on MFP for quite a while so this is step one! 🤞
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I’m late to the party but plan to kick July’s *kitten*. I’m one of those that think I got it and get lazy with what goes in my mouth. Sooooo, I’ll be focused on a calorie deficit and watch those sneaky carbs I’ve been letting back into my life. Vacation is over and I’ll be back on the wagon. Plan is to weigh in tomorrow to see the results of my laziness for a kick in the rear. Let’s do this!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    7/3

22,401 steps
    3.2 mile walk

7/4

32, 004 steps
    9.4 mile hike

My feet hurt.

Hope everyone had a fabulous 4th!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    7/4 did absolutely nothing due to still having a headache
    7/5 planning on swimming and bbq-ing hamburgers (mine will be wrapped in lettuce) :)
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    Walked 70 mins.
    St 20 mins.
    Yoga 30 mins
    This is a regular daily thing
    Ate on plan, went shopping tomorrow have to lay bark in the flower bed that will be extra but I don't count it.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    7/5
    Got in plenty of exercise but was over on my calories thanks to dinner. Carbs were good and protein high so I’ll keep the focus and try to eat less tomorrow rather than at maintenance. I weighed in today and have maintained so now to shed about 10 pounds would be nice.