Weight No More-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I had friday and today off. I guess my work was feeling generous. I woke up friday to my neighbors tree on my house. So we have been doing a lot of clean up all weekend. We were having a party on Saturday so we had to just push some of the tree aside and party on. This Saturday we are having a pig roast, it is a surprise party for my inlaws, it is their 50th wedding anniversary. My call with the weight loss clinic is tomorrow, I am looking forward to it. I hope I am not disappointed.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    mxlaw90 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm I’m sorry for the late weigh in! I went up North and didn’t realize I would have no service

PW 144.4 lbs
    CW 155.6 lbs

I definitely could have eaten better while I was away, I also had some drinks which always cause me to be bloated. This week I’ve already meal prepped and will get back down.

@mxlaw90
    An 11+ lb difference? Are you sure this is correct?
    And I'm sure you'll be right back on track soon enough. One vacation isn't powerful enough to undo loads of progress.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    melaniedscott
    week 1 Sat weigh-in
    PW: 204
    CW: 204

No change. Grr. It's okay. The universe is making sure I know I'm not doing all the things I need to do to totally commit to this. And I keep making excuses, or saying I'll do more when X is done or I start out the day with good intentions but the phone never stops ringing and it makes me want to bite something...and I do, just m&m's, not celery or OMG I have six projects that need completed RIGHT NOW and not enough time to do it, chips are the answer to the immediate problem, as before, wanting to bite something. And then I eat everything in the evening. I've been over but not drastically and probably high on salt... Anyway, I need to stop this.

Okay. That was word vomit but, hey...

I could have written this myself... I feel you! Let's try to do better for the next 7 days, ok?
  • vvlucky
    vvlucky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Username: vvlucky
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 187.4
    CW (Current Weight): 188.8

Thanks for your patience with me!! I'm back, and ready to take on July!
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Kaken21
    Tuesday
    PW-224.6
    CW-224.2

Well I didn't eat the best over the weekend and my time of the month was supposed to start yesterday so I'm very bloated right now. Went to the ranch and floated the river and then had a BBQ at my brother house. All I can do is try harder this week to get back on track.

My son is turning 4 on Friday and we have a big party planned on Sunday. He wants a carrot cake which is my weakness 😫 kid after my own heart.

Have a fantastic week everyone!!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited July 2021
    Options
    ~~ July Week Two ~~

For those of you in North America (well, the US and Canada - I'm not as familiar with the holiday schedule elsewhere on the continent - sorry!), we are fresh out of a holiday weekend. That means that we probably indulged in ways we wouldn't normally, spent more time drinking alcohol than water, and maybe had a showdown or two with the sun. And now's the time to regroup, refresh, and remind ourselves why we are focusing on our health.

Some quick wellness checks:
    • Drink some water
    • Fix your posture
    • Stretch out your muscles
    • Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths
    • Say, out loud, something you're proud of (there's gotta be something, regardless of how big or small)

Update on Me:

This morning, I completed an InBody Scan at my functional training gym. I wasn't expecting much of a change at all, but OH BOY was I surprised. I won't go over every single result from the scan, but there's a few key numbers I'd love to share with all of you:
    • Skeletal Muscle Mass: 71.7 lbs - This is how much muscle I have on my body; previously 67.9 lbs
    • Percent Body Fat: 25.3% - This is a HUGE change for me; previously 29.4%
    • Body Mass Index: 26.9 kg/m2 - This HAS NOT CHANGED, whereas my body composition most definitely has

I've ranted about BMI before, and I will do it again. I guarantee that. But seriously, folks. BMI is not a valid measure of your health, it neglects just how incredibly strong you are. If you need numbers, use percent body fat, and only compare your stats to your previous values, no one else's.

Please, if you have questions about the science behind these scans, or what any of these numbers may mean, do not hesitate to ask. You're not bothering me, you're not a pest, you're actually doing me a huge favor by reading all the word vomit I release into the cybersphere.

387460_10151513685529451_1264407295_n.jpg

~ Might As Well Be Walkin' On the Sun ~

Our incredible team of seven traversed nearly 450,000 steps this past week, averaging about 64,000 steps per person!

Over 10,000 steps per day:

@kandi3570 - 94,290 total | 13,470 average
    @sandielewis2001 - 71,513 total | 10,216 average - Most Steps in One Day

Over 5,000 steps per day:
    @lennoncpa - 66,900 total | 9,557 average
    @ljdanny - 64,262 total | 9,180 average
    @dbrinkmeyer - 62,154 total | 8,879 average
    @melaniedscott - 45,119 total | 6,446 average
    @pacsnc6 - 43,633 total | 6,233 average - Most Consistent

Some of you clearly took advantage of a long weekend (or overcompensated for the lack of one), and I'm forever impressed by how consistent so many of you are, week after week. Keep up the effort, keep stepping, and keep being the incredibly powerful humans you are.

funny-hiking-quotes-683x1024.jpg
  • ljdanny
    Options
    Just had my zoom meeting with the weight loss clinic, there were a lot of people on there. They talked a lot about surgery, which I don't want. They did talk some about lifestyle change and medication. I am going to make an appointment to go in to see them. They said it takes about a month to get in. That's right in the middle of my vacation so it will take me a little longer. I am hoping they can help.
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    Definitely not! Lol that’s supposed to be 145.6 lbs, I swear I’ll get it together before Thursday aha
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    mxlaw90 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    Definitely not! Lol that’s supposed to be 145.6 lbs, I swear I’ll get it together before Thursday aha

@mxlaw90 -

Whew, good, okay, I was concerned for a second. Fixed it in the spreadsheet. That's not a bad bloat at all haha
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    July Week Two

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 166.4 (July 1st)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.2 (July 7th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 65.8 lbs

Feeling very bloated right now, so I feel like that extra trapped gas is definitely contributing to my weight. Factor that with the water I'm definitely retaining and you get this 1.8 lb shift in weight over the week. Maybe there's a few cookies adding into the mix, but we don't have to talk about that, despite how delicious they were.
  • vvlucky
    vvlucky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Username: vvlucky
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 188.8
    CW (Current Weight): 187.8
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    User name: Pizzafruit
    Weigh-In day: Monday
    PW; 275
    CW; 275
    Sorry I'm late again. Here's hoping 1. I'm on time next Monday and 2. I show a loss - any loss.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so great! I’ve been reading, but not posting as much. The holiday weekend was fun. A lot of the fun for me was going off my diet. I worked hard January thru May losing those 50 pounds so that’s how I’m justifying it.
    I still have a goal to lose those last 15-20 pounds so the indulgence stops today!!! My weigh-in is on Friday..can’t wait to see.
    Keep up the good work team Weight No More!!!

• rachelrjh
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm

Here is an image of the body metrics that my $25 scale reads for me. Do you think this is similar to the scan you get at the gym or should I pay to have it done at the doctor? My goal is to get my body fat to 24%. I’m thinking I’ll need to lose another 15-20 pounds for that to happen?

• minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    rachelrjh wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm

Here is an image of the body metrics that my $25 scale reads for me. Do you think this is similar to the scan you get at the gym or should I pay to have it done at the doctor? My goal is to get my body fat to 24%. I’m thinking I’ll need to lose another 15-20 pounds for that to happen?

@rachelrjh -

That looks pretty similar! I would pay attention to how your body fat percentages changes (not on a day-to-day basis, but maybe every two/three weeks at the most frequent).

As for getting to 24% fat... if you were to lose strictly fat and nothing else, you would need to lose less than 9lbs to get there. Staying at a caloric deficit would invariably lead to some muscle loss, so 15-20 lbs might be a good estimate unless you plan to really slow down your weight loss process and focus more on replacing fat with muscle than losing weight in general.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    @rachelrjh - Now I want to know what kind of scale you have! I am such a numbers nerd that I would love to see data other than just body weight & measurements to analyze progress/change.
  • rachelrjh
    Options
    @rachelrjh - Now I want to know what kind of scale you have! I am such a numbers nerd that I would love to see data other than just body weight & measurements to analyze progress/change.

Here it is on Amazon

Limited-time deal: FITINDEX Bluetooth Body Fat Scale, Smart Wireless BMI Bathroom Weight Scale Body Composition Monitor Health Analyzer with Smartphone App for Body Weight, Fat, Water, BMI, BMR, Muscle Mass - White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078HW8BPY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_dl_7JZJ60A8TD0ET84RKTR9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
  • ljdanny
    Options
    Today I scheduled my appointment with the weight loss clinic, its for the end of August. Hopefully I get some results. I have been managing to get my 10,000 steps in daily this week. Last night before bed I took my granddaughter for a walk because she was grumpy and I could use it. Its muggy here today but I think I'm going to go for a walk anyway. I dont really feel like using the treadmill.
This discussion has been closed.