TEAM: Run Track Minds (July)

Replies

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited July 2021
    THE JUNE'S BIGGEST LOSER IS .....
    @NRTyreman.

WITH AN AMAZING LOSS OF 6.08% BODY WEIGHT!!!! BRAVO!!

o714iv1y812f.jpg
    THE TEAM WHO LOST THE GREATEST PERCENTAGE IN JUNE IS .....
    RUN TRACK MINDS!!!

AWESOME JOB TEAM RUN TRACK MINDS!

WE DID IT!! WE MADE IT THROUGH MAY TOGETHER. WHETHER YOU LOST, GAINED, OR MAINTAINED - YOU ARE STILL HERE, YOU ARE STILL STRIVING TO REACH YOUR GOALS, YOU ARE A WINNER.

THERE WERE A NUMBER OF IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL EFFORTS TOO. MOST WINNERS ACHIEVED ABOVE 3% , 4% AND EVEN 5% LOSS FOR THE MONTH WHICH IS INCREDIBLE, CONGRATULATIONS!!

OVERALL, THE TOTAL COMBINED WEIGHT LOSS WAS A FANTASTIC 96.4 LBS!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!

THANK YOU LEADERS AND CHALLENGERS FOR A FANTASTIC MONTH FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER MONTHLY CHALLENGE.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU, THE JUNE GRAND FINALE RESULTS:

~ Ashley.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @NRTyreman. - 6.08%
    2nd - chublet25. - 6.02%
    3rd - DebJB30. - 5.20%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Run Track Minds. - 1.94%
    2nd - The Slimsons. - 1.30%
    3rd - Gutbusters. - 0.84%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - maryc11. - 3.60%
    2nd - Prehistoricmoongoddess. - 3.56%
    3rd - cmhubbard92. - 2.43%

The Slimsons
    1st - chublet25. - 6.02%
    2nd - SisuMom2019. - 4.02%
    3rd - RetroJoe28. - 2.56%

Gutbusters
    1st - DebJB30. - 5.20%
    2nd - Bethebestmeforme. - 2.90%
    3rd - Colleen790. - 2.41%

Run Track Minds
    1st - @NRTyreman. - 6.08%
    2nd - @Waifer003. - 4.45%
    3rd - @gwenmatos3. - 2.94%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - SuzanneElizabeth16. - 4.04%
    2nd - leni1us. - 1.16%
    3rd - Tina9572. - 1.02%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @NRTyreman. - 11.5 lbs.
    2nd - chublet25. - 11.5 lbs.
    3rd - @alpdexplorer. - 9.9 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 5.0 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 37.2 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 20.2 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 35.5 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - -1.5 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 96.4 lbs

June Spreadsheet Snapshot
    vzaxsp3qzfy0.png
  • NRTyreman
    NRTyreman Posts: 84 Member
    I never Introduced myself either! I know we are into a new month together but I love your little intros guys, love to here from the new joiners too if you are willing.

I'm Nicole, born in SA raised in the UK. I don't think I have ever dieted or lost weight on purpose before. This year I found out I had ADHD and fertility issues which started on my self proclaimed journey to find myself (I know how cliché and gross that sounds :lol:). I have lost my bum so you will hear me complain bitterly about it, probably multiple time.

I don't think I would of stayed on track if it weren't for this forum and the members on here.

If anyone else wants to join us on fitbit, it's been really nice having some goal days thrown into the week!

Week 2 Day 1
    Tuesday 5th July
    Tracked: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: Yes (35 mins of circuit training - cut short stretches due to unexpected visitor)
    Steps: 14,875

Defo need to get more stretching in and do some more research on strengthening, not sure how effective what I am doing is correlating with my goals of a snatched waist and dumper truck so to speak. Anyone have any experiences with PTs? are they worth it or is google just as good?
  • naomi9271
    naomi9271 Posts: 127 Member
    Username: naomi9271
    Weigh in week 1: Wednesday
    PW: 147
    CW: 145.2

Wow, congratulations to RunTrackMinds!!!! So many amazing winners!!

Yesterday was my rest day. Workmen all over my house, as I’m having my front porch remodeled. They’ll be working outside today, thank goodness.
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Hello! I am new to you guys this month. 5 years ago I was down to 170lbs due to healthy eating, tracking calories and walking…Due to stress, family health issues and just not caring I got up to 240lbs . Had a drs appointment in may and found out have high BP and triglycerides. Don’t want to have the same health nightmares my family has, that appointment gave me the kick I needed to get going again. Am 225lbs today, and am aiming to lose a pound a week and be back in wonderland by the end of the year. Am looking forward to the extra encouragement and inspiration will get from being a part of this challenge

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No- did get more steps than normal due to grocery shopping
    Goals/Day/Comments: Pretty good day today, had healthy breakfast, lunch, just bought healthy things at store and a new veggie to try(Jicama). I did get a slice of pizza for dinner from my favorite pizza place. Haven’t had them for months though and I didn’t get a whole pizza so I am calling it a good splurge :)
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited July 2021
    ugh.. why do I eat when I’m not hungry?? Why eat a cold half eaten unappetizing totinos pizza? I’ve worked so hard, trying to break old habits for 5 years now and still I am triggered... even when I’m in a good headspace, ie. good sleep, no alcohol, happy in general, My daughter left her unfinished food on the table and there I go shoving it into my mouth while I clean up the kitchen. My parents old childhood mantras rear their ugly heads
    “Don’t waste food.”
    “Finish your plate if you want to get down from the table”
    Will I never fix this? Can’t I be stronger then the urge? I am certain I wasn’t hungry, I only wanted the satisfaction of finishing it. Can’t I just get a grip!?

Wed, July 7th
    Week 1 - Day 4
    MUAC: Yes/No/Yes
    Calories In / NetCalories: 1824 / 1747
    5563 Steps
    96oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    ❤️❌❌❌🔘🔘🔘(MUAC❤️YesDays)

Tues, July 6th
    Week 1 - Day 3
    Calories In / NetCalories: 2555 / 2259
    11650 Steps
    72oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    ❤️❌❌🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC❤️YesDays)

Mon, July 5th
    Week 1 - Day 2
    Calories In / NetCalories: 1740 / 1653
    8403 Steps
    96oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    ❤️❌🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC❤️YesDays)  
  • NRTyreman
    edited July 2021
    Welcome @KakoHikes , congrats on the loses already! I have similar with insulin issues running in the family and I know exactly what you mean.

@Krysless2 I really struggled with that one too, especially when my parents first immigrated we were probably below the poverty line and from a third world country to boot so the waste not, want not ran deep for me (unless I got the ick from eggs). The only thing that helped me was someone telling me that garbage cans exist and our bodies aren't for food waste. I say this when I have the ultimate hack, 2 dogs who will steal any leftovers before you get to throw them away.

Week 2 Day 2
    Wednesday 7th July
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes (extra long walk)
    Steps: 15,531

I can feel my NHS top 20 most painful chronic illness kicking in today, so I am going to be taking it easy just because I'm not in the mood to aggravate my hips. I worked through it last month, in part because I forgot what it was and I was super motivated in the haze of shiny and new workout :lol:. In previous fitness explorations this would really get me down that I wasn't willing to just deal with it when sometimes I can. I am trying to be better to myself, not beat myself up for not being mentally able to deal with what feels like my hips grinding together ready to pop out of the sockets, I wouldn't judge anybody else like that. Time to focus on what I can do today not what I managed to do last month.

(Please don't worry about me, this is a thing I made peace with a long time ago. However, I will say they way woman are treated in medicine is barbaric (in my experience in the UK and those I have also read here))
  • naomi9271
    Week 1 Day 2
    Wednesday 7th July
    Exercise: yes

Indoors bike trainer. We are still hot outside, and I didn’t get up early enough to catch the morning coolness.

@Krysless2 I put things in the freezer for similar reasons. What’s there now, for example, is 1/4 of an apple pie….leftovers from last weeks trip. Same same, we had years growing up we didn’t have enough to eat. I like NRTyremans garbage comment…so true. Us eating it won’t “save the starving children” and we aren’t waste containers. In solidarity, and on behalf of all of us, I solemnly swear to put it in the garbage as soon as I finish typing this. Nah, I’ll do it now….done. Wow, that was surprisingly difficult 🙄

@NRTyreman, sorry you are feeling badly, hope you feel better soon.
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Hello! I am new to you guys this month. 5 years ago I was down to 170lbs due to healthy eating, tracking calories and walking…Due to stress, family health issues and just not caring I got up to 240lbs . Had a drs appointment in may and found out have high BP and triglycerides. Don’t want to have the same health nightmares my family has, that appointment gave me the kick I needed to get going again. Am 225lbs today, and am aiming to lose a pound a week and be back in wonderland by the end of the year. Am looking forward to the extra encouragement and inspiration will get from being a part of this challenge

Welcome to the group!
    Congratulations on the current loss!
    We have a good group at people here. <3
  • NRTyreman
    Week 2 Day 3
    Thursday 8th July
    Exercise: yes (everything felt like exercise yesterday)
    Steps: 12,142
  • naomi9271
    Week 1 Day 5 (so confused @Krysless2, is this right?)
    Thursday 8th July

Another indoors day. There was no morning coolness to catch. On the plus side, I’m actually entertained by my indoor training, so I’ve managed to keep it up. Drove past one of the gyms…getting closer :smile:

@NRTyreman congratulations on managing to keep your steps up even if it must have been difficult. Tough as nails.
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Hi guys,
    I am sorry I bagged out last month - we were away for three weeks most of it in the car driving. I dont think I am in this group, or any group, this month - how would I find out? I may just have to wait till august to jump in but I am back on track after a 5lb gain on our trip! Ugh.
  • alpdexplorer
    naomi9271 wrote: »
    Week 1 Day 5 (so confused @Krysless2, is this right?)
    Thursday 8th July

It is correct.
    Sunday (1)
    Monday (2)
    Tuesday (3)
    Wednesday (4)
    Thursday (5)
    Friday (6)
    Saturday (7)
  • alpdexplorer
    lacatgirl wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I am sorry I bagged out last month - we were away for three weeks most of it in the car driving. I dont think I am in this group, or any group, this month - how would I find out? I may just have to wait till august to jump in but I am back on track after a 5lb gain on our trip! Ugh.

You're not in the challenge. I just looked for you.

Yes, join next month! We gotchu!
  • alpdexplorer
    edited July 2021
    My daily posts will start up next week. The first 2 days this week I wasn't online much, could barely get my foods logged half the time due to spotty wifi/service.

Happy Friday! I hope you all had a good week. <3
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Is it fine to post these the next day or is better to post them on the actually day itself in the evening?
    Week 1, Day 5
    Thursday 07/08
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 40 minutes ring fit adventure
    Yesterday went pretty well for being called in to work on my day off. If I can call it being called in with still working at home. Had dr's appointment in afternoon, meeting a new PCP. I liked her and thankfully she didn't think I needed to be on meds for my BP or triglycerides yet, said as long as I kept up the good work eating healthier and exercising both should get better on their own.

Anybody here morning exercisers? How did you start? Forgot bring up the garbage last night so hurried and did it before work. It felt so nice outside and I wanted to go for a walk. Waking up early is difficult for me, even with going to bed sooner, and in the next month I'll have to allow even more time in mornings as will have to work in office again.
  • naomi9271
    Hi @KakoHikes! I’m an early morning exerciser, so you’ll see me post right after @NRtyreman, who is earlier than me :smile:

I like exercising I’m the morning because my brain hasn’t woken up enough to argue about it too much. Plus there’s not much better in life than a pot of coffee before you and your exercise behind you. I started out super slow, built up over time. It’s been kinda crazy how much more you can do over time if you keep it up…almost without even noticing!

@alpdexplorer, @Waifer003 and @NRTyreman are the walkers amongst us, that I’ve met so far at least. They are awesome, so you’d be hanging with the best :)
  • naomi9271
    Week 1 Day 6
    Friday 9th July

Finally got to ride outside again. And passed two unbelievably cute fawns on the way. Poor guys were on the other side of the path by themselves, and finally figured it out and ran back into the trees just before I got there.

My issue with the scale is finally resolving itself. I was close to giving up at times (thanks for being here, all of you) but sticking with the plan regardless of the bleeping bleep scale numbers has paid off this week.
  • alpdexplorer
    edited July 2021
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Is it fine to post these the next day or is better to post them on the actually day itself in the evening?
    Week 1, Day 5
    Thursday 07/08
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 40 minutes ring fit adventure
    Yesterday went pretty well for being called in to work on my day off. If I can call it being called in with still working at home. Had dr's appointment in afternoon, meeting a new PCP. I liked her and thankfully she didn't think I needed to be on meds for my BP or triglycerides yet, said as long as I kept up the good work eating healthier and exercising both should get better on their own.

Anybody here morning exercisers? How did you start? Forgot bring up the garbage last night so hurried and did it before work. It felt so nice outside and I wanted to go for a walk. Waking up early is difficult for me, even with going to bed sooner, and in the next month I'll have to allow even more time in mornings as will have to work in office again.

I always post the morning after. I usually forget in the evening.

Uffda, I wish I could work out in the a.m. I already have to get up around 545am for work. I couldn't imagine getting up earlier than that. LOL. It's super gorgeous outside in the morning though. I am an evening walker. I take my nap after work and then I'm usually walking anywhere between 7 and 8pm. I feel it's the next best time to walk. It's cooler than it would be in the afternoon/early evening.

Good luck on the early morning walks. I'm sure once you get in a routine it will get easier every day.

• alpdexplorer
    naomi9271 wrote: »
    Week 1 Day 6
    Friday 9th July

Finally got to ride outside again. And passed two unbelievably cute fawns on the way. Poor guys were on the other side of the path by themselves, and finally figured it out and ran back into the trees just before I got there.

My issue with the scale is finally resolving itself. I was close to giving up at times (thanks for being here, all of you) but sticking with the plan regardless of the bleeping bleep scale numbers has paid off this week.

Atta girl. Yes, don't let the scale bring you down! There's always inches lost and that doesn't show you scale-wise. Keep at it!

• alpdexplorer
    pm442j3ma9zt.jpg

I cannot wait til I get to fill in this whole thing! It goes to 100. SO CLOSE TO 30!

This discussion has been closed.