Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,973 Member
Good morning all.

Hope you are having a great week!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Poor Meghan. You probably feel like you are talking to yourself! Crazy amount of people in and out of my house. I hope everyone has had a good week and the weekend is good!
  • Meghan509
    edited July 2021
    Options
    LOL Kate :D
    No worries. All good here. We are in upstate NY with friends. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend with nice weather! See you soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to all in the US! Or Traitor's day if you are in the UK. ;)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Everyone is going home today! Not that I don't love every one of them, but I need some alone time. I have maintained for the last week. Pretty good. Also, I got a couple of walks in, too. I hope everyone has a good week. Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Back from a short vacation to upstate NY. Lots of fun, laughs, food and drink and good company! What more can you ask for!?

Hot, hot, hot today! Got a big work deadline for later this week so back today and jumping right in to the fire!

Hope you had a great July 4th Kate and anyone who celebrated.

Have a great day and chat soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning.

Hope your week is going well. Have a great day all. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, all! Keeping busy. Finished a quilt, starting a new one. Getting ready to take my licensing test on Monday. Fun times.
    @Meghan509 Glad you had a nice time! Good luck with the project. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Thanks @KateNkognito going well and almost done woo hoo! Good luck with your licensing test! You got this!

Had a little tropical storm come through the east coast today but thankfully no power outages or damage. Phew!

Have a nice one and see you all soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Good day here. Very productive. Middle age hormones are killing me this month. I want ALL the food, ALL the time.
    @Meghan509 Enjoy your weekend!
    Everyone have a lovely weekend and stay healthy!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Got back to parkrun this morning, with my younger dog, Toby. He hasn't quite got the concept of pulling me up hills yet, but he was very well behaved and friendly. Todays food will be clearing out the fridge as we are off to Scotland tomorrow! I don't intend to stick to plan eating wise, but I'll try not to go mad! Will be packing my running gear as well.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Hope you had a great weekend! Our's was a little cloudy so not beach weather unfortunately. We got a lot of shopping related stuff done. All good. :)

Finished up my work deadline on Friday afternoon after the big storm went through. All good there.

@KateNkognito I hear you about hormones. Sigh... In the same boat this week! Hope you manage okay!

@melaniecheeks hope you had a nice run with the pup. Love it! Enjoy your trip to Scotland! Another place on my "bucket list"!

Looking forward to my mid day overnight oats and tonight's chili recipe I am making. Below is my recipe, I do a few changes. I use ground turkey instead of ground beef, I don't put the masa in. I add a can of Rotel diced tomatoes and chilis and a small onion chopped. Haven't had it in a while so am really looking forward to it!

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/simple-perfect-chili-recipe-2107099

Have a great day all.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today is my licensing test. Not too worried about it.
    In other news, I skipped logging in yesterday so I can reset my counter and get a fresh start. :) I think I need the mental reset.

@melaniecheeks Have fun! I would love to go to Scotland some day. Your dog sounds adorable. :)

@Meghan509 Glad you got your project done and had a nice weekend. Enjoy your chili. I might get out the crockpot and put it in the garage so I can make dinner without heating up the house. Thanks for the idea. :)

Off to shower and get moving! Daylight's burning! Have a great week and stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

I hope you had a good test @KateNkognito! I hope everything went well and you get your (positive) results back soon.

Yes, I like the slow cooker idea as well in the summer. Last night I made the chili stove top and it came out great! Then I also meal prepped a big bag of Brussel Sprouts. I sliced them up and then roasted them for 45 minutes or more in the oven. Yes, the kitchen was HOT but they came out nice. I divide them up and use them as a side with dinners. They keep fresh for a while in a plastic container in the fridge.

Hope everybody is good and is off to a great week. See you all soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Took my test. I *think* I passed. Not going to say definitely, but it looks good. Also, I don't have jury duty. Also, also, my house should be decent by the end of the day. :)

@Meghan509 I have a toaster oven and a gas grill that has a burner accessory. With those and the occasional crockpot use. I hardly cook inside in the summer.

I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope all is well with you guys. @KateNkognito good idea with not turning on the stove in summer! We are looking forward to grilling more. Hopefully the weather should cooperate a little more for that. Been chance of showers like every day / night for the last week or so sigh...

Not much happening here. Have a good one and see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I am gritting my teeth and making it through my fast. It is always rough the first few times when you have fallen off the wagon. :#

@Meghan509 I hope the weather cooperates and you get to use your backyard more.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!!

Popped in the office for a bit today. Nice day today! Hot and humid but SUNNY!

Thanks @KateNkognito we did end up getting to use the patio last night! At 5:00pm the sun came back out and we had a nice relaxing evening listening to the birds chirping! Similar plan for tonight!

Been working on my little garden in the evenings too. Amazing how fast the herbs and tomatoes have grown! Lots of green tomatoes on each plant. Soon! Been doing a lot of weeding too. Hard to keep up but it is looking good!

Hope you had a good fast yesterday. I have been feeling "off" this week with woman's stuff. Hope to feel better soon. Sigh...

Have a nice day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I am going to make it! 16 hour fast, lunch, then 20 hour fast. I am down 2 pounds from yesterday. I think the hormones are finally passing and I am losing all the bloat. This month was BAD. I feel really good today! It is raining and cloudy, but it is the nice kind of rain that makes you want to go out and play in it.

@Meghan509 Glad the weather cleared. Our first tomato is just about ripe. :) I am super excited because I saw a butterfly on my dill the other day. We should have caterpillars soon! I need to harvest some of my herbs this week to save for winter.

Talk to you all later! Off to Walmart. I know, exciting life I live. :D
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!!

Woo hoo! Congrats on your nice long fast, @KateNkognito and on your two pound loss! Nice job!
    I had a cool caterpillar on my parsley the other night. I relocated him to another plant since I didn't want him eating my herbs. LOL Let me see if I can log in via my phone and share the pic!

Last night was a nice evening and we got to spend some time outside! Today is HOT and HUMID and pretty much same for next few days with chance of showers. Hoping to at least get one little beach day in over the weekend - we shall see!

Either way just feeling grateful today. Working, healthy, and a work in process when it comes to eating healthy and losing these last bit of weight. I will get there. Going to sign up at the gym around the corner from us tonight after work or over the weekend. No excuses if the gym is around the corner from our house. :)

When I went to take a look at the garden I saw that a few of the tomatoes are almost red!! So exciting! Some insects have been going to town on my basil so hopefully the natural bug spray for veggies that I bought from Wal-Mart helps.

Have a nice one and see you all soon. :)