Trimstones-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    @Waifer003 sorry for my late response but I send my sympathy to you.My Mum had dementia for many years.From her late seventies to when she passed at 95 years.She had 8 children & yet it was left to me & some help but not much from 2 of my sisters.My 3 brothers hardly ever visited her whilst she was still living at home,or when she had to go into a care home.When she passed I took it very hard but I felt that I had done as much as I could for her.
    Just remember to take time out for yourself & try not to feel guilty.Dementia is a horrible disease & affects the people caring more than the sufferer.My Mum Mum didn't know who I was but was always pleasant & polite & pleased to see me until the last few weeks of her life.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    Arc130 wrote: »
    Having our brush with Elsa this evening...lots of warnings...hope everyone on the east coast of the US is ok...
    Jessica

I hope you got through it okay! With so much rainfall many of our streets and subways flooded. Luckily, I was home for most of it and my subways did not flood to the extent that you're knee/thigh deep in water as reported for some locations.

@Arc130 Wasn't too bad, just a rain and wind event here in coastal Virginia (I'm about 20 min from the oceanfront in Virginia Beach). In my neighborhood, we had some heavy rain, but lots of downed tree branches. No damage to any of the houses that I could see, thank goodness. Thanks for your kindness...glad you didn't have widespread flooding either...

Enjoy your weekend!
    Jess
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    7/8: 6,734
    7/9: 10,059
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Pressing reset after weigh in the morning.
    Next week will be tough with staff absence & I'm feeling rough & tired but have planned simplest of meals for next week.
    Following week on school holidays but Wednesday is a weird restricted diet & Thursday water only for medical tests on Friday. I also have PCR test on the Wednesday morning & have to isolate until hospital appointment, so no walks out or gym! I plan to make up for that before I have to isolate. Hopefully I'll be motivated when school finishes and not just crash & read! 😃🤣🤦‍♀️
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Waifer003
    July 9
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Certainly not a great cook...I'm pretty good, but for some reason, have always had issues with chicken breasts turning out rubbery or dry when baked. Was determined to do better, so today, tried the Tyson thin sliced, boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are frozen. Cooked them per the directions, but flipped them halfway through (20+20 min) and then the last ten minutes, I brushed them with Walden Farms zero calorie barbecue sauce. They were perfect! Juicy and flavorful and the sauce had a nice little kick of cayenne pepper...put them on buns that were also brushed with a little of the sauce. Topped one of them with a slice of cheese melted. Had some buttered lima beans and steamed mixed vegetables. Very nice dinner and very filling. I'm under on my calories for the day, I've cleaned up the kitchen and taken two walks today...

Hope you're having a nice day. I'm going to lie down and read a bit now. Will check back later for any late postings that need to be recorded. Missing six weights and have a LOT of open spaces on the step challenge that need filling in. PLEASE check the charts guys and get back to me. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    gxpp6p2v25ol.jpg

Here's this week's THIS or THAT! Please use the original chart below, using your snipping tool, and cut/paste into your response and highlight your answers. Also, choose ONLY ONE answer for each one...no BOTH responses! If any of the entries leave you with a thought or a story to share, please do so.

dy0a8m5a5re0.png

Enjoy! Can't wait to read your thoughts this week!
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    steps
    7/7 4,939
    7/8 6,279
    7/9 3,759
    7/10 2,779
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    jenready
    Saturday
    Previous Weight 249.7
    Current Weight 250.4
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    JoDavo66
    Wi: Sunday
    PW: 218
    CW: 220

Was expecting worse. Back to square one.
    Reset button to pressed after England match tonight. Finals of the Euros Last time we were in a final I believe was the World Cup 55 years ago.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    7/10: 8,223
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    jenready wrote: »
    I'm so sorry your brother has thrown all of this on your plate @waifer003. Please know you have people here that are in your corner and can be a listening ear if you ever need to vent. Hugs to you!

That means so much - thank you. It has been an especially difficult week. Looking forward to a new start tomorrow 🙂

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    PW 237.2
    CW 240
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    1y2e2mbk3fmx.jpg
    r2wadxwoto3a.png
    du5ousv8un27.png
    mx87rc30g2ni.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    39saz3ve5tc5.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    5s73v941ri3h.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    cmi1l60xke1p.png
    @amymartin555
    @happimess01

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    0496brn38fbs.png

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @gwamajtw91
    @KHill875
    @chublet25
    @laceyf53
    @CurvyCalorie
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @krea4
    @Aqualang26
    @rachelrjh

dw122bmjtbkk.png

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    qbcrdsr26p15.png

CONGRATS to our top three for the week...great job ya'll! Overall, this week had a lot of gains, so let's try to refocus ourselves and move a little more at the same time. It's all about planning and expending more energy!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Here's my response to the THIS or THAT for this week...

w85o5gsw4wdt.png

Guess it's the time of year...definitely flip flop/sandal season. Running joke for me is that if you see me dressed up, I'm headed to a job interview or a funeral...it RARELY happens. Do most of my shopping on line...saves time, saves money and with Rakuten, I usually get cash back.

I love the Legal and Medical dramas on tv...probably explains why I love to read mysteries a lot...wear a lot of pastels because I don't like being the center of attention. When I feel red or bright colors, I feel like I'm glowing...not a comfortable feeling. I'm a big fan of all types of music, but with my piano background, it's all about harmonies and simple melodies for me...Rock, with a few exceptions, tends to be all loud and screaming. I do LOVE Journey, Chicago and Evanescence but they're exceptions...so in this This or That, I had to choose Country. I'm also very choosy about Country...don't like it too whiney and it's all about the vocals, harmony and story-telling. Love Vince Gill, Collin Raye, Garth Brooks, Sugarland and Rascal Flatts...cannot handle five minutes of Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton (although she's a lovely person), Hank Williams, Merle Haggard or Johnny Cash. My favorite songs are old school R & B...Commodores (Lionel Richie), Johnny Gill, Peabo Bryson, Manhattans, Temptations, Earth/Wind & Fire, Stevie Wonder and the Four Tops. When I was in high school, everyone was either Rock or Country...I was an oddball with R & B. Also loved most of the Boy Bands...again, harmonies.

OK, enough about me...I could talk music forever. Hope you're enjoying your weekend! Today's the last day of my vacation. It's been a great one...relaxing...lots of walking...
    Jessica
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    4exukkfqcbta.jpg
    Come on trimstones - we can do this!
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    u094pjylzh0n.jpg
This discussion has been closed.