Goals Challenge

Options

Replies

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Wooho...weighed in at 223.8 today. BP was 130/83 and FBS 160. It was 98 last night and 111 at bedtime so I skipped my night insulin again. I am thankful for the new lows I've been seeing after so very long at high 200-mid 300's for the FBS. I took the last of my Tresiba samples this morning so will be back on the Levemir tonight.

I feel much better functionally tho the pain is still present and I had a third night of the foot spasms last night. I am just so thankful this is a "mild" run compared to the recent one. Me no likey at all! I was able to almost comb my hair normally this morning...getting the clip in is still tough.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    @grallen904 - I don't eat breakfast. I eat within an 8 hour time frame (11-7). I have never really enjoyed breakfast, but do enjoy an evening snack, so this works well for me. I know that the intermittent fasting would actually work better if I tightened it up a bit more, but at this point I am losing and I am not feeling like I am being denied.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Well - I totally blew the carbs today. I had a large baked potato with meatloaf, salad and green beans for dinner - and there they went.

Calories:1008
    Carbs: 120
    Sat fats: 14 (allowed for today)
    Cholesterol: 92
  • rondajo56
    rondajo56 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    WooHoo yesterday I managed not to overeat!!! I stayed below my calorie range.

There are times I have posted my calories weeks at a time. That's how I plan my menu. But the overeating hasn't anything to do with that.

Appx a month ago I went out to breakfast with my mother. That was ok. Did good on the calories. First time out in long time. Then I went to Talking Stick Resort for the weekend, then 2 trips to lake, 1 trip kayaking, Grand Canyon... Anyhow a lot of running around and eating out. But when I returned home I wasn't able to control my eating. I got use to eating out again and the food.

BUT YESTERDAY WAS A SUCCESS!!
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Grallen, good goals! Have you tried Himilayan pink salt? I use it all the time. It has a milder salt flavor than the regular table salt, but it also doesn't add as much sodium to your system, and you aren't eating something that has been processed.

I'm on track but my weight is fluctuating, right now it is at 237.2, at least it is under 240.

• bren5535
    Options
    I went off the rail yesterday...had fast food for lunch and again at dinner and I do NOT wanna be caught in the McDonald's double drive thru thing after work ever again! I really wanted a bag of ice...well being stuck...for 20 minutes...I got it and a stale, tasteless fish sandwich and fries. So FBS was 225 this morning
    However...the weight was down a pinch...point 2....to 223.6. I was shocked, considering. I made sure to bring my food and ice today so am good to go and tracked my planned meals.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Lunch: 1 slice wheat bread, one slice American cheese, 1oz pretzels
    Dinner: 2 egg whites, 1 egg, 3.7oz homemade turkey sausage, large serving hash browns (no fats used), 1 slice toast
    Snacks: 1 string cheese, 4 Hershey Hugs

Well, I knew I was going to go over in the cholesterol, but that 1 egg always does it. I wanted to fix breakfast tonight and without fixing two separate pans of eggs, this is the easiest way for me to do it. I did get my walk, though. I thought it was going to rain all day, but it cleared to a beautiful afternoon.

Calories: 873
    Carbs: 93
    Sat Fats: 14 (right on goal)
    Cholesterol: 306 (6 points over)
  • bren5535
    Options
    I had a busy day at work yesterday and my only real "activity" was work related and getting the trash out before work.
    Weight is back up this morning but BP was 120/71 after a week of highs, and FBS is 148 so it's all good.
    I will have a slower paced day at work today I'm thinking...but may have another rental or two. I still need to do some work on my sodium levels. Not doing a grand job of balance at the moment.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Not feeling well today. I don't know if it came from a sleepless night or what. I actually had Bill bring me home after Sunday School this morning because I was so dizzy. The dizziness is gone, but I have a headache (very rare!). I'm fine, just Blah.

Calories - 1094
    Carbs - 77
    Sat Fat - 11
    Cholesterol - 18
  • bren5535
    Options
    Hope this episode passes quickly and you feel well soon. Like computers, our bodies have glitches on occasion that throw us off.

My work day was very slow other than a few phone calls and a fire ant alert inside a unit. My BP is higher again this morning, 141/83 but FBS is 87...hooya. I need to be sure to have breakfast of some sort so I don't drop too low. I did get more orange juice. That's a quick fix when I am in trouble.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Thanks for your concern, Bren. I am fine today. :smile:
  • Restfinder
    Options
    So sorry, Connie. I wasn't feeling well yesterday either, allergies! My ear and throat hurt on the right side and I kept coughing. Praise the Lord your headache and dizziness passed quickly.

Up on my weight again, just a wee bit: 237.6. I have no idea why since I've been on plan. Wearing my compression wraps today and hope that helps some.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,408 Member
    Options
    For me I am working on staying on goal for the month of July - need to work the plan daily and some days are easier than others - but my health is worth it
  • connierandel
    Options
    Monday:
    brunch - 1.25oz home-made turkey sausage, 4 egg whites, 1/4oz cheddar, 1/4 cup chopped onion - omelet. 1oz pretzels.
    dinner - 1/2 bun with 1.7oz pork loin and home-made bbq sauce (best I've made). 1 cup potato soup (no salt, very low fat). MMMmmm.
    Snacks - cocoa almonds, 3 hershey hugs, string cheese.

Calories: 949
    Carbs: 93
    Sat Fat: 12
    Cholesterol: 96
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Up another .2 to 237.8. Eating correctly but not getting in enough steps each day. For some reason I am very tired and I just lose my energy when I am walking!
  • grallen904
    grallen904 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Restfinder, we do have Himalayan salt but I don’t typically use it at the table. We actually have sea salt we use on the table. I hope you are feeling better.

Connie, it’s great that the way you are eating is working for you and you are losing.

I think I’m on track for a loss this week. Right now, I’m concentrating on one pound a week. It’s an easier goal to work with.
  • rondajo56
    Options
    I'm still hanging in here. Calories -- well not so hot!! But I am doing my workouts!! At least I'm dong something right.. Hopefully fridays weigh in will be better..
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Keep on doing something, Ronda! You can't win if you quit. If all you can eek out right now is movement, that is very good. Try adding something like eating until you are satisfied, not full. Your eating isn't changing, you are just eating a wee bit less. Do that for a couple of weeks, then try to add something else that isn't too difficult for you to change. I don't drink sodas, but I do drink a fizzy fruit drink called Izze. It's fruit juice and carbonated water, lots of flavor and I feel like I've had a soda, but I'm not getting the sugar a soda has, and the wasted calories of a soda. When you're ready add something else to the mix. Over time you will be surprised by how much has changed and you've hardly felt it!

Sea salt is great, I have both. I'm not a big fan of my food tasting salty and the sea salt seems a bit stronger in salt flavor than the Himalayan Pink does, so that is why it's my go do. Not sure how much sodium sea salt gives compared to iodized salt, but I've heard that the Pink gives you less sodium than the iodized, so that's why I mentioned it. Either one is better than the iodized! LOL!

Lost .8, down to 237 this morning! Any weight loss is awesome and I Praise the Lord for this good thing in my life!

I made chicken breast coated with parmesan cheese, some kind of powdered yeast that THM suggests (but mine has a cheese flavoring added to it), butter, and spices. Sooo good. I'd add more spice next time though. I want to make their spinach lasagna (uses spinach instead of noodles). I have friends who've tried it and absolutely love it. I'm a texture person and don't like the texture of the cooked spinach, but if I chop it up so I won't get a chunk of it, I may be okay! I am going to try it though. Oh, and use ricotta instead of cottage cheese, I don't like cottage cheese in my lasagna. If I change anything else it probably won't be good for me!!!

• rondajo56
    Options
    I've used thinly sliced zucchini in place of the lasagna noodles. It's pretty good. I got the recipe for the biggest loser tv program. Make your sauce and cheese the way you want to. I love it.

I don't weigh in until friday but I will be changing it to wednesday. In Sept the BLC 47 challenge begins and weigh in is always wednesday.

Today I got in 45 minutes fitness. Yesterday 68 minutes.

10 glasses water. I drink a lot of Decaf green sun tea. Today I have fresh spearmint leaves outside making tea. Spearmint tea is nice for a change but my plant doesn't grow fast enough. I don't usually drink soda's.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was doing good then I went out to eat a few times and now I have problems. I'll get it sooner or later.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Just going up and down a few ounces a day but not really moving up or down much at all right now. My hubby wants me to quit weighing but for maybe once a week and I think I am going to try and do that. I see the scale and just want to know if I went down! I will have to try to ignore it!

Eating well today. Planning on chicken, mushroom, cheese torpizzas tonight.