Goals Challenge

Options

Replies

• rondajo56
    rondajo56 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    WooHoo. Achieved another goal!! A1C 5.5 Yes!!! Fitness today 59 minutes. It was great walking weather this morning. Down to 232.4 lost 3 pounds this week. Puts me at 2.8 for the month so far!! Right on target..

I weigh once a week. Weight goes up and down everyday just in water. Can drive you nuts...
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Lunch: taco meat, pretzels
    Dinner: Baked pork chops with homemade BBQ sauce, baked beans, hand cut fries.
    Snacks: cocoa almonds, 2 Hershey Hugs, string cheese.

Calories: 1085
    Carbs: 97
    Sat fat: 10g
    Cholesterol: 104

I don't know about the pink Himalayan salt. What I bought, 1/8 teaspoon had as much sodium as 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt. I don't know what that was about, but we just use sea salt (VERY sparingly). I use a little bit of Accent (msg) when cooking. It adds some flavor but much less sodium and we don't have sensitivity to it.
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I had 2 cantaloupe and a baby watermelon this week. It had been over a year since I had the cantaloupe. Yummy. Not so diabetes friendly but it's gone now. The Wal-Mart one was way better than the HEB one...different melons...texture etc.

I did some arm moves for the shoulder this morning and the 60 reps did ease the pain on lifting my coffee cup. Hooya. With all the trauma drama these past few weeks, I had not been doing my 5X15 moves at all! I'll make an effort to get on track with that.

I still have a fridge full of produce to deal with and haven't yet. I need to get into that before I have to toss it all. Cucumber salad and the like, stir fry cabbage and my broccoli/carrots. I'll cobble together some lunch in a bit, before work.
  • connierandel
    Options
    It started rainy and ugly today, so I was lazy and didn't take a walk. It isn't bad now, but hot and humid. I might go later, but don't hold your breath!

Brunch: 2oz pork loin, 1/3 cup baked beans, 1oz pretzels
    Dinner: 85% lean burger on 1/2 bun with 1oz pretzels and a serving of pea salad
    Snacks: Greek yogurt and 3 Hershey hugs

Calories: 975
    Carbs: 97
    Sat Fat: 13
    Cholesterol: 252 (within plan but high for me - that part of an egg in the pea salad)
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Went out for lunch today and hoped to get broiled shrimp, but alas they only had fried. I was able to stay within all of my ranges despite that (if the shrimp matched the shrimp I found in the food list). I looked up the restaurant to see if I could find the amounts on there, but I couldn't find a site for them, so will take what MFP gives me! Phew!
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a Hoover night...where I was scarfing up whatever caught my attention....on a scale of 1-5, I had 2 5's, 2 2's and a zero.
    Unplugged and back on track today, and watching myself. I had a really busy day at work so did get some moves in. Will do some damage control this weekend.
  • rondajo56
    Options
    Fitness 45 minutes
    steps 7762
    calories 1256
    water 11

Did good yesterday!!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Ronda - look at those fitness numbers! Great going!

Calories: 974
    Carbs: 57
    Cholesterol: 200
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Had a couple of the young gals over today and they brought treats. I'll eat my muffin for my treat tomorrow, but I have no excuse for the three munchkins I ate throughout the day today! First treats in two weeks! I have a coffee/cinnamon muffin for tomorrow morning. Yum!
  • connierandel
    Options
    I know what you mean. I kept trying to get Bill to tell me something that he wanted for dinner without the use of beef (he can't have it too often due to the uric acid issues). He wouldn't give me any ideas, so I mentioned KFC. We haven't had a cheat day for a while. I bought a bucket and Bill ate 6 pieces! I had a breast, but didn't eat the skin or the coating. I put it in the tracker as fried chicken, but didn't use KFC listing because I didn't eat all the good parts. I'm not really counting KFC as a cheat for me, but it definitely was a cheat for Bill! I can't even imagine how much sodium that he ate today!
  • rondajo56
    Options
    99ny8t6eeenm.gif

Fitness 0 (day off)
    Steps 7376
    Calories 1186 (so happy)
    Water 10 eusrxkohvsqc.gif

• connierandel
    Options
    Ronda - Another great day! WooHoo!

Well, the numbers don't look terrible, but I ate very little that was nourishing! Sandwiches were the tone of the day.
    Lunch: Low sodium tuna salad on one slice toast with 1oz pretzels
    Dinner: American cheese on one slice toast, 1oz pretzels and string cheese.
    Snacks: Light Greek yogurt, 1oz almonds, 3 Hershey hugs.

Calories: 949
    Carbs: 99
    Cholesterol: 19
  • Restfinder
    Options
    You do amazing, Connie.

Ronda, so many steps - good job! Woohoo on keeping those calories at a good place.

We had burgers on the grill. I had my bison burger and a smoothie for my lunch. The smoothie was pineapple, spinach, veggie protein powder, coconut milk, and a sprinkling of unsweetened coconut, oh, and ice. I added my veggie/fruit powder and my tummy powder as well. I think I am going to need to add my coconut extract too though, not much of either the coconut or pineapple flavor.
  • rondajo56
    Options
    23ekezj72951.gif

Calories are up 1613
    fitness 64 minutes
    steps 12441
    water 10

Plan to do better today!!!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Ronda - With over an hour of fitness, those calories will probably be fine for a day! Your fitness minutes are inspiring.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I found a recipe for an Enchilada Casserole that I thought I could adapt for low sodium for my hubby. It was really good, but it sure blew my saturated fats level. I will make it again, though. It was too good to eliminate and the guys really liked it.

Calories: 1066
    Carbs: 96
    Sat Fats: 21 (goal 13)
    Cholesterol: 64
  • Restfinder
    Options
    You ladies are doing great! Wow! I'm happy if I break 1500 steps and am thrilled when I make my goal of 2,000! Getting outside to do anything other than watering the plants is hard for me with my allergies and it being so hot and humid, I find it hard to breathe when I'm outside, so I do my house laps - another but, my feet are swollen and I can't wear my walking shoes, so I wear my Sketchers thongs and after about five laps my back is hurting - sigh! I may have to buy another pair of walking shoes (slip on) that aren't so long in the front. I can handle them being too snug, just not that "tongue" rubbing on my ankle! Okay, enough whining, sorry about that!

Eating well, although I did have a cheese stick late last night. I didn't do my evening snack and wasn't sure if my tummy was going to do it's growling thing and bother Wade!

I made chicken torpizzas the other night, so good. Med. tortilla, sugar free pizza sauce (Equate makes a good one), canned chicken, three cheese blend, mushrooms and cook until the cheese is bubbly. Yummy. One of them filled me up. This is a THM S meal because of the cheese. You aren't supposed to do cheese and tortillas together, but hey, what's a tortilla without cheese???
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,408 Member
    Options
    July 20 2021

Just a short check in - all is well, meds for IBS are working but honestly feels like a touch of stomach flu but think that is from my sinus infection - had a good zoom meeting with 4 ladies from Church - just overall good day.

Matthew 7:7-11
    Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives and the one who seeks finds and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Of if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him
  • connierandel
    Options
    Kim - Or a pizza without cheese! I have done the tortilla pizzas before, but more chaffle pizzas. Pizza really sounds good. We haven't had one forever due to the sodium counts. Even flour tortillas are TERRIBLE and then you add in the cheese and it is more than Bill should have. I usually make all of my own sauces, anymore - again due to sodium content.

Tonight we had a light dinner with a lot of carbs. I made pulled pork with home-made BBQ sauce (very low sodium) and corn on the cob. It was good, but I had forgotten how many carbs the corn has. It was after dinner before I checked my numbers and the carbs were a bit high with the evening snack I had planned. I had to go with a cheese stick instead of yogurt to keep the carbs in line...but was able to add an extra hershey hug.

Calories: 862 - I know! Too low, but if I added anything else in, it throws off another count.
    Carbs: 98
    Sat Fat: 11
    Cholesterol: 65
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Amen, Connie! It ain't pizza if there isn't cheese! I should probably watch my sodium more closely, get less than the amount that they suggest because of all the fluid retention I have. hmmm, something to think about.

I know what you mean about the numbers and adding something to bring it up here which skews you somewhere else. I think I am going to try and make my own oat milk and have that available for my smoothies - no saturated fat and it will be insoluble fiber which is good for cholesterol counts. And it costs a whole lot less than coconut milk! I bought a case from Amazon so that should last me awhile. It has only water and coconut in it!

Will try and get some walking in today, I missed it yesterday, too tired to do much of anything. I'm going to try and get some stuff done around the house too.