Weight No More-July Chat 2021

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    Kaken21 wrote: »
    Well ill be honest when I say I thought today was Monday....I had appointments yesterday out of town so I took the day off work and its throwing me for a loop!

Today is supposed to be my weigh in day but since I thought it was Monday today I didn't weigh myself. I will weigh in tomorrow and log it.

Sorry!!!!

I frequently don't know what day it is. Or walk around saying...No, today is...because I'm sure it should be some other day. And I'm in conferences all week this week, so working remotely and that makes it SO much worse.
  • melaniedscott
    ~~ July Week Three ~~

Welcome to our third week of July, everybody! We've seen some incredible losses over the past week, and some of you have been maintaining momentum (and making it look easy!) - so proud of our team!

As for me, I'm eating leftover fried chicken for breakfast. So, I'm happy. It's Tuesday, so I am not worried about eating too many calories (lifting before work, two spin classes after), and I'll be happy to have these tempting foods out of my fridge for my rest day tomorrow.

I also wrote a blog post yesterday, while MFP was acting wonky. If you want to read it, here ya go: LINK

~ Walk Around the Earth To Ease Your Troubled Mind ~

Our mighty team of eight steppers walked a staggering 493,595 steps over the course of the week - who knows what they're going to accomplish next!

Here's the leaderboard...

Over 10,000 Steps Per Day:

@kandi3570 - 88,683 total | 12,669 average
    @ljdanny - 85,597 total | 12,228 average - Most Steps in One Day!

Over 5,000 Steps Per Day:

@sandielewis2001 - 66,762 total | 9,537 average
    @lennoncpa - 65,094 total | 9,299 average
    @annliz23 - 58,297 total | 8,328 average - End of the Week Glow Up!
    @dbrinkmeyer - 55,300 total | 7,900 average
    @pacsnc6 - 46,190 total | 6,599 average - Most Consistent!
    @melaniedscott - 27,672 total | 3,953 average

What do we think about the current format of the steps announcement? Do we want more statistics? Less? Back to my old format? Should I drop the steps and stick more to screaming motivational nonsense into the void? Let me know what you think.

caf638fbff804f1c395ac3e3fc8768c5.jpg

I like it!
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Well ill be honest when I say I thought today was Monday....I had appointments yesterday out of town so I took the day off work and its throwing me for a loop!

Today is supposed to be my weigh in day but since I thought it was Monday today I didn't weigh myself. I will weigh in tomorrow and log it.

Sorry!!!!

I frequently don't know what day it is. Or walk around saying...No, today is...because I'm sure it should be some other day. And I'm in conferences all week this week, so working remotely and that makes it SO much worse.

If I worked from home I would be lost! I typically pull four 10s and have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off which is nice but really messes with me when I have to take a different day off.

How is the conference going?
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Kaken21
    Tuesday
    PW-224.2
    CW-224.2

I didn't gain and didn't lose so I can't be too upset. My sons birthday was Friday and we had guests and treats for three days straight. We were then out of town Monday for appointments so I really didn't eat the best for four days. I can tell when I need to get back on track because I feel like garbage. I'm sluggish and tired and bloated. I need to be serious about this and if I'm honest I haven't been.

I lost about 10 lbs a few months ago. My son and I got sick and I lost motivation as it took forever for my cough to go away. I wasn't sleeping so I wasn't getting up early to work out. I was only sleeping an hour or so before waking up due to my cough and struggling to go back to sleep. (Not covid) I gained the weight that I lost back and I've been stuck there ever since.

I need a kick in the pants!!!
  • vvlucky
    vvlucky Posts: 51 Member
    Username: vvlucky
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 187.8
    CW (Current Weight): 189.4

Overall a week where I ate anything I wanted....and it shows, of course. I will be more disciplined this week.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    I'm excited to see the scale keep moving in the right direction, not really sure how that's happening. Maybe I won't need the weight loss clinic. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps going down but every time I lose a few a gain even more. I did read some place that meds and vitamins can cause weight gain, I have run out of some of my vitamins and haven't gone to buy them yet and I am wondering if that's the reason for the loss. I am also trying to watch my portion size and get my daily steps in but I always try to do that.
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    IDebraK
    Weigh in: Thursday
    Pw:150.4
    CW: 149.8
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yesterday, I had a stark reminder of how lucky I am.
    I was complaining (just to myself in the security of my own little head) that it didn't stop raining and therefor I couldn't go biking, couldn't go diving, couldn't fire up the bbq - it's supposed to be summer, right? But then yesterday morning, torrential rains suddenly led to flash floods and rivers overflowing everywhere and a large part of the country (and some other countries in Europe, like Germany and The Netherlands) just became a war zone: houses collapsed, ten-thousands households are without electricity, people are still trapped in their attics and unfortunately around 12 people died and a lot are still unaccounted for. So today, I'm just grateful that our house is warm and dry and all my loved ones are safe and sound.
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    dbrinkmeyer
    weigh in day Thursday (even though my posting day has become Fridays because Thursdays are out of control)
    PW 186
    CW 186
    Steps 54852

A little frustrated because DH wants to ride our bikes in the morning instead of walking so my step count is down. 103 here in the afternoons so getting the extra on my own has been tough. I'm trying to adapt my schedule the best I can.

I need to apologize to this team too for my food choices at night. I am clearly making emotional choices. I have a tough job and my business partner is being a real *** right now. I have 3 pregnant daughters. I seem to be in trouble with one of them at any given time. :) I know, champagne problems, so I am sorry for not being better this week.
  • melaniedscott
    edited July 2021
    dbrinkmeyer
    weigh in day Thursday (even though my posting day has become Fridays because Thursdays are out of control)
    PW 186
    CW 186
    Steps 54852

A little frustrated because DH wants to ride our bikes in the morning instead of walking so my step count is down. 103 here in the afternoons so getting the extra on my own has been tough. I'm trying to adapt my schedule the best I can.

I need to apologize to this team too for my food choices at night. I am clearly making emotional choices. I have a tough job and my business partner is being a real *** right now. I have 3 pregnant daughters. I seem to be in trouble with one of them at any given time. :) I know, champagne problems, so I am sorry for not being better this week.

That's rough. And you don't have to apologize to us. We know how hard it can be to make wise choices when stressed. How much pregnant overlap will there be?

Sorry!!!!

If I worked from home I would be lost! I typically pull four 10s and have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off which is nice but really messes with me when I have to take a different day off.

How is the conference going?

The conference is really good which really impresses me about a virtual. I've been struggling with vertigo so I haven't been able to do any of the social stuff, which I'm missing. But when looking at the screen for 30 more seconds (let alone an hour and a half) is the difference between being able to function (hopefully) the rest of the evening or lying on the floor in the bathroom for four hours...well, I shut the screen off. I barely made it through my 3 hour session before the dizxies took me down. Up side: the last dizzies were Wed pm. Maybe I'm out of it. Fingers crossed.

I've also been fighting some pretty ugly headaches, which could also be a side effect of the vertigo (maybe that is the crazy barometric shifts we're having) and don't want to go away.

So that's why you haven't seen much of me this week. I need to pop off now to give my eyes a break before the last 5 hrs of conference.
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    I’ve been having a hard time keeping up, between Reno’s and just overall life business is it possible to be taken out of the group for a while, when I’m able to really get back into it I’ll be back if that’s possible!
  • melaniedscott
    mxlaw90 wrote: »
    I’ve been having a hard time keeping up, between Reno’s and just overall life business is it possible to be taken out of the group for a while, when I’m able to really get back into it I’ll be back if that’s possible!

We could move you to the cheer squad. Would that work? Then you pop in if you want but weighins are optional.
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Kaj848
    Thursday
    Week 3
    Pw 161.8
    Cw 161.8

I seem to be stuck at this number! I should be happy with it…my food choices lately have not been great. I need to get back to logging. And all this rain has kept me from my runs, but there are other workouts I could do instead and I haven’t.
    It’s a new week and I’d really like to try to get the scale to a new number. I’d love to get into the 150s. New goal: get into the 150s by Aug 1st! I think that’s totally doable.
This discussion has been closed.