TEAM: Run Track Minds (July)

Replies

• KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    User name:KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW:225.0
    CW:223.4

Not sure if the weight in should be in a separate comment or not, figured it might be easier to see on its own
  • NRTyreman
    NRTyreman Posts: 84 Member
    So I had a really good weekend, despite saying bye to my husband. Went to the cinema to watch the new space jam and thought I would treat myself to an old favourite, cookie dough ice cream and it was so sweet I didn't finish it. Then had sushi which I still can't get enough of :lol: Next day I went to bottomless brunch with the girls, I use to be such a sweet tooth and as it was a enjoy yourself weekend I got the pancakes which I only barley stomached. Anyone else's tastes completely changed too?

There really is something to be said about how much our cycles affect how much we eat @naomi9271 , when I started using this app it was something I really wanted to keep an eye on my hunger/cravings vs TOM. I monitor mine because we are still trying (well not for the next 4 months) and I actually don't need to even look at my app to tell you where I am in my cycle anymore. Hormones do some real crazy things to my appetite, for me especially, its salty food.

definitely haven't been hitting my 12k step count as much as I should of been, today I really need to get my house cleaned up after a weekend of running about but starting tomorrow its back on! (I reckon I will make it till Friday before realising that a full time job + child + housework + 2 dogs might not always let me get all those step in :lol: ) Hopefully my shed will arrive soon and I can get the treadmill out!

@naomi9271 I also forgot to ask about this structured training you're doing, is this something you've created or got a PT involved in?

• naomi9271
    naomi9271 Posts: 127 Member
    edited July 2021
    Naomi9271
    Week 3 Day 1
    Sunday

Tracked: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Tough one again, but my calves are starting to look like a cyclists calves again :) Hoping this heat wave will pass….we still haven’t had any rain to cool us down, and we need it badly.

@NRTyreman glad you saw your hubby off in style. I hope your weekend was as much fun as it sounds like it was!!!

Yes, agree with the change in tastes. I have some high fat treats in my kitchen cabinet, (from before I started dieting in April) and haven’t been seriously tempted to eat them. At first it was will power, but now the strawberries in my fridge are more enticing. Weird, but I’m not arguing.

I bought a bike trainer (machine that attaches to your bike and measures power, cadence, etc) so I could keep up my exercise during these months of excessive heat, and got a Zwift (online biking game) app that works with it that gives you a virtual reality to ride in. It has (a lot of) training workouts that come along with the app. that I’ve been doing. It’s fun because it’s interactive…you’re virtually riding with other people and because the bike trainer adjusts the resistance you feel so it feels more like a “real”outdoors ride….minus the cars :) There are also group workouts on it that I think I’ll try next. It might sound a bit silly, but I’ve almost hit 200 miles on my bike trainer this month so far, and actually enjoyed it.

Oooh, you can also run on Zwift. I wonder if your treadmill would work with it!!!

Where I was thinking of hiring a PT was for strength training. I’d like to learn how to use the gym machines/weights and am chicken to do that on my own. Haven’t done it yet, but I will.

Edit: if you saw the “disagree” thing on your post, that was my thumb. I must have bumped the icon while scrolling. I will have a stern talking to with my thumb 🤣
  • NRTyreman
    @naomi9271 omg same! I have seen to many videos of men being not great with woman at the weight sections too so I don't know if I will ever grow a pair tbh :lol: ! I was thinking of getting one into my home and hoping body weight and resistance bands would be enough, I know it sounds really stupid but I forget how to stretch properly or engage the right muscles haha.

The Zwift sounds so clever, almost like pelotin. I will defo look into that when i get my treadmill out! I am also glad im not the only one whose tastes have changed, could of defo been a sign I was loosing the plot. Although we are also having crazy heat here too so it might just be that too.

Don't worry about the disagree button! I am sure I have probably done that by accident before too.
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Waifer003
    Weigh-in Day - Monday
    PW - 175.8
    CW - 175.6

Slowly, slowly, slowly…
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    Week 3
    User name: dracocapricorn
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 157.2
    CW: 157.2
  • Waifer003
    @Krysless2
    Hey, I’m heading out camping next week. Leave on Sunday morning. My weigh-in day is Monday. Can I submit my weekly weight on Sunday morning (one day early)? Thinking I will be out of wifi range until the following weekend.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    @Krysless2
    Hey, I’m heading out camping next week. Leave on Sunday morning. My weigh-in day is Monday. Can I submit my weekly weight on Sunday morning (one day early)? Thinking I will be out of wifi range until the following weekend.

Yes for sure!😊 Just post your explanation, in case Ashley misses this convo!
  • Krysless2
    edited July 2021
    JulySW: 145
    Wk1: 143.5
    Wk2 145.5
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Mon-Sun Total Cals: 13385Cals
    Wk3 Result: 142.5lbs = 3lbs loss⬇️/2.06%

I am liking the “enabling Calorie goal adjustment” feature on MFP! Especially since I finally broke that aggravating brick wall of a plateau!

Sun, July 18th
    Week 3 - Day 1
    Net Calories: 2753
    MUAC:
    Under Calories: No
    Exercise for 20mins: Yes
    Sunday - Saturday
    🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC🟢YesDays) 
    Steps: 9917 Steps
    Water: 105oz
  • Waifer003
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    @Krysless2

Yes for sure!😊 Just post your explanation, in case Ashley misses this convo!

Perfect - thanks!

• NRTyreman
    NRTyreman
    Tuesday 20/07/2021
    PW: 176.4
    CW: 170.9

I would love to give a speech about all my hard work from last week but unfortunatley this is 100% down to sweating more than I can drink atm. There is no chance in hell I will be doing anything more than walking in this weather and only in the morning/evening, not that it's making a huge difference :lol:
  • naomi9271
    edited July 2021
    Naomi9271
    Week 3 Day 2
    Monday

Wow teammates, you’re doing amazing!
  • Krysless2
    Mon, July 19th
    Week 3 - Day 2
    Net Calories: 2222
    Steps: 5905 Steps
    Water: 81oz
    MUAC:
    Under Calories: No
    Exercise for 20mins: Yes
    I half-assed it but it’s still considered 20 minutes of exercise. Even though I feel just wrong calling it that.
    Sunday - Saturday
    🔴🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC🟢YesDays)
    Even though the “enable Calorie adjustment” is pushing my net Calories to 2222 when I only ate 1800, I’m still staying under 50g net carbs and after weighing in this morning and seeing the scale go down (just a smidge of a decimal) it seems like I’m just in maintenance right now but I should definitely cool it with the late night snacking, it’s just a bad habit I need to figure out how to break!
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    W2─D1 ► Sunday, Jul 18
    ◘ Tracked→ Yes.
    ◘ Calories→ Under.
    ◘ Exercise→ Yes.
    ◘ Steps→ 8796 / 6000.

Exercise notes:
    I walked 45 minutes (1.58 miles) with Daisers. It was wicked muggy so I didn't last long. The humidity kicked my butt. It would have been a really nice evening for a walk, too, if it wasn't for the humidity (was about 72F)

W2─D2 ► Monday, Jul 19
    ◘ Tracked→ Yes.
    ◘ Calories→ Under.
    ▼ Exercise→ No.
    ◘ Steps→ 4729 / 6000.

Exercise notes:
    Work was exhausting. I ended up napping for over 3 hours after work. I was still pretty tired after I woke up, so I just ended up laying around and went back to bed a couple hours later.

• KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Week 2, Day 2
    Monday 07/13
    Under calories: No, about 165 over
    Exercise: Nope- Monday is my long day at work and “rest” day

My mom has brought me home a wrap to have and had adjusted my plans for that somewhat, but then had higher calorie snack. Oh well. My first over day in almost 3 weeks
  • CinnamonNoom
    CinnamonNoom Posts: 4 Member
    User: CinnamonNoom
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 225.0
    CW: 222.8 (-2.2)

Day late - forgot to post yesterday
  • Krysless2
    edited July 2021
    Nothing new or exciting going on.. just preparing for my annual family vacation. This year in Destin, FL! I’ll be gone from Saturday to Saturday and I want to bring a scale. How weird would that be? I feel like that may be the only thing that keeps me from overeating all day and night.

Tues, July 20th
    Week 3 - Day 3
    Net Calories: 1586
    Steps: 6854 Steps
    Water: 98oz

MUAC:
    Sunday - Saturday
    🔴🔴🟢🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC🟢YesDays)
    • Tracked: Yes
    • Under Calories: Yes
    • Exercise for 20mins: Yes
    I worked out for a little over an hour today but I also kept busy before my work shift started at 11am
  • NRTyreman
    Week 3 (?) Day 1
    Tuesday 20th July

Exercise: Yes (Cleaning + Walking, I don't normally class cleaning as exercise but I was sweating and logged 47 active minutes)
    Steps: 16,519

What I would do for an AC right now...
  • naomi9271
    Naomi9271
    Week 3 Day 3
    Tuesday

Rode around London today, LOL. And I now have two professional cyclist followers (virtual game). That just cracks me up…but because they follow me, I get to see the training they do. Wow, it’s both humbling and motivating. Still hot, slight chance of rain coming…please, please.
This discussion has been closed.