PW 185.6
    CW 184.5
    LTD 35 lbs since July 2019
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    o4rz4h5z1g4q.jpeg
    Vacation is over. Time to get back to a good eating and exercise routine.
    Good job to everyone who has been staying in the green!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    ~~ July Week Four ~~

We have passed the midpoint of the month and reached the final stretch - hard to believe how far we are into 2021. It still feels like 2019 was yesterday. Thanks for being here with us this long, for putting up with my sarcasm and nagging, and for putting trust in yourself to embark on this journey. Being part of this team is proof that you've taken steps towards becoming healthier, regardless of if the number you see on the scale agrees.

If you're someone who enjoys gaining points for completing tasks (it's very video game-esque), may I recommend checking out this week's Challenge ?

And for why you actually read this post every week...

~ Walkin' After Midnight, Out in the Moonlight ~

Our team of eight walkers covered an astonishing 433,762 steps over the course of the week, which is on par with the average per-person steps from last week (61,699 last week | 61,966 this week). Look at that magnificent consistency! Seeing the numbers look that identical is oddly satisfying, don't you think?

The Leaderboard:

Over 10k Steps Per Day:

@annliz23 - 103,803 total | 14,829 average - Most Steps in One Day!
    @ljdanny - 75,261 total | 10,752 average

Over 5k Steps Per Day:

@kandi3570 - 64,005 total | 9,144 average
    @dbrinkmeyer - 54,852 total | 7,836 average
    @lennoncpa - 52,268 total | 7,467 average
    @pacsnc6 - 48,455 total | 6,922 average - Most Consistent!
    @sandielewis2001 - 35,118 total | 5,017 average

I'll be honest, some of your step counts make me exhausted just by looking at them. I hope you're at least experiencing some beautiful nature, finding some inner peace, or even just listening to some bumpin' music. Which makes me curious, what do you typically do on your walks? Is it always the same routes? Let us know!

d5842f495689ddcfb10f70e3e3b0aa0d.png
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Which makes me curious, what do you typically do on your walks? Is it always the same routes? Let us know!

I usually walk the length of the sidewalk in front of the 7 houses on my street. That's about 800+feet each way with a 22 foot drop in elevation. It takes me about 5 minutes and of course I take that walk a few times a day. At the bottom I can pick blackberries (not sure whose they are) and check out the Trumpet flowers (very bright orange). At times I walk in the neighborhood across from us for a longer walk - maybe half a mile total and I walk around my house inside and out constantly.
    9pv4kbizjbpp.jpg
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Kaken21
    Tuesday
    PW: 224.2
    CW: 225

Had a bad week and I knew I was going to gain. Work has been very stressful and I'm not sleeping well which I know are triggers for me binge eating. Tomorrow is another day I guess.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Team! Keep up the great work!

@pacsnc6 - I love the flower picture. Getting out in nature is my favorite part of my daily walk.

@minstrelofsarcasm - I am so glad that you got the best possible news!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm I am sure you were very happy with the news from your doctor. Infusions every other week are NOT fun, especially when they last more than 30 minutes. I was never happier when my treatments changed to keytruda and 30 minutes every three weeks.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    July Week Four

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 167.8 (July 21st)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.6 (July 28th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 65.4 lbs

A small gain. To be expected with my eating habits over the weekend and the water retention from completely burning out my arms yesterday (they're way past al dente today). And, I'll be honest, the foods shoved into my mouth were a side effect of both stress and boredom, not hunger.

About 10 days ago, I underwent an MRI, as you may recall. The results of this MRI could determine the future of my treatment - I currently take two pills a day and focus on eating well and drinking water... and that's it. Given a worsening condition, I may need to switch medications, undergo regular infusions that would require being in the hospital for four hours every other week, surgical procedures, etc. So, clearly, I feel as if this were a justified stressor in my life.

I saw my neurologist yesterday and was told that most of my vitals have actually improved and that my condition, while incurable, is stable. I'll take that. That's probably the best news I could have realistically gotten.

And now that my mind has been given a break, I expect this week to go much more smoothly than last.

That is most excellent news!

In answer to your walking question...I have a lot of different routes. Sometimes we walk the cemetary--2ish miles, sometimes up the road and back--1.5 miles, sometimes around the block--1 mile, sometimes to the bakery (or bagel shop) and back--4 miles, sometimes a 'long' block, which is up the street, 4 blocks over, down another street and windy back--3ish miles. What we/I do depends on heat, time and motivation. And I walk around the state capital complex when I'm at work...
  • rachelrjh
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Kaken21 wrote: »
    Kaken21
    Tuesday
    PW: 224.2
    CW: 225

Had a bad week and I knew I was going to gain. Work has been very stressful and I'm not sleeping well which I know are triggers for me binge eating. Tomorrow is another day I guess.

It is good that you know what your triggers are. The hard part is controlling them.
    I start teaching next week and a month after that I teach nights at the local college too. Sleeping is not going to be good for me.
  • rachelrjh
    Options
    Good job on the loss @dbrinkmeyer. Sleeping is so very important and cannot be underestimated.

I weigh in tomorrow and I’m thinking I’ll be at my July goal of 145 lbs this week and 144 lbs by the end of next week.

I am close to my ultimate weight loss goal of 132 pounds (22 BMI). It took me a while to determine my goal weight, but I believe that is going to be my “magic number”.

I have a Fitness goal to be able to run 10 miles without stopping. I can bike and walk 20 miles but ohh is running different. I am going to give myself till the first week of October to get trained for it. My goal is to be at my ideal weight by mid October. Turning 40 in November may well be the most fit I’ve ever been!
  • sandielewis2001
    Options
    July Week Four
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 211.8 (July 14th)
    CW (Current Weight): 212.4 (July 22nd)

I am a little bummed to be missing my in the green streak but I am not surprised by the slight uptick after 5lbs lost last week.
    I saw a post on another board that really resonated with me this week: The only way to ruin your progress is to give up entirely.
  • sandielewis2001
    Options
    rachelrjh wrote: »
    I am close to my ultimate weight loss goal of 132 pounds (22 BMI). It took me a while to determine my goal weight, but I believe that is going to be my “magic number”.

I have a Fitness goal to be able to run 10 miles without stopping. I can bike and walk 20 miles but ohh is running different. I am going to give myself till the first week of October to get trained for it. My goal is to be at my ideal weight by mid October. Turning 40 in November may well be the most fit I’ve ever been!

@rachelrjh - What fantastic goals! I've never been a fan of running but am finding it easier as I drop the weight and increase my walking distance.
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @rachelrjh great progress!!
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    IDebraK
    Weigh In: Thursday
    SW: 159
    PW: 149.8
    CW: 148.2

Been off boards a while other than weigh-ins. Been hectic with work, the farm, grandbabies and new grandbabies on the way. By March, I will have 4 grandbabies ages 2, 1, 6 months, and brand new! I'm keeping on with activity and losing. I have to be able to chase all of them. I haven't had time to even post my step counts on Sundays.

Next month....
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 186.6
    Cw 186.6
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Staying the same is better than a gain. I didnt do much exercise this week so I am not surprised. I usually take my granddaughter for a walk at night but haven't been on our walk this week. I did manage to get out tonight but I went by myself so I went a little further than I would with her.
This discussion has been closed.