Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Calories: 930
    Carbs: 93
    Sat Fat: 12
    Cholesterol: 47

Not too bad. I would love to lower the carbs, but I just am not doing it. This is working, so I am staying with it.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    If you can keep your carbs under 100, I think you are doing well!
    I made some chicken tenders with me yummy coating on it yesterday. I cooked them in MCT oil. I tried to do them last time in the air fryer, but parts of the tender dried out. This was just yummy. I coated them with egg first, and then put together coconut flour and parmesan cheese in fairly equal parts, and used my chicken seasoning (which probably has too much sodium, but all I had otherwise was the onion and garlic powder!) We have several bottles of the blends. I need to get some Italian spices since the recipe I took this from uses those. I put two of the tenders on a bed of spinach and dressed it with some lite ranch dressing. Oh, and I sprinkled in a few pistachios for some crunch. It was very good!

I cheated and weighed yesterday, down two pounds. Phew! I was so scared it was going to be up! Will weigh again on Saturday.

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 736 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I've been laying low a few days...was weak and wobbly all day Tuesday so other than loading the dishwasher and making a pot of soup, did nothing of a constructive nature.
    I'm feeling better today which is good since I'm back at work. I managed to do up a container of cucumber salad for lunch and Sharon left some things in there for me. I haven't checked them out yet but will at lunch.
  • rondajo56
    rondajo56 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Week 3 weekly digest:
    Fitness goal 270..... actual 270uubmcd4qixzp.gif
    Steps goal 32,800.... actual 70,830 q044bcsohczu.gif
    Calories goal 9,100...... actual 8,335 (avg daily 1191)1a2tdsg2hb6x.gif
    Water goal met.

m0hmw0mysaen.gif1.6 pounds
    jd5bt8294hr3.gif

I've found a few enchilada recipes on SP that I like. There's one called Skinny Sour Cream & Chicken Enchiladas. It only has 4.5g fat. Carb 35g, Calories 252 and 18.3 protein. And that's for 2 enchiladas. Not sure what the sodium is- but if you use no salt tomatoes & chopped green chilies -you should be good.

Have a great day!!!
  • connierandel
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Ronda - You can find low sodium recipes for enchilada sauce, too. Basically it is no salt tomato sauce, low sodium salsa, water and some chili powder, oregano, basil and cumin. Also, I don't know if you noticed, but corn tortillas have very little sodium. Flour tortillas are high sodium.

Today wasn't an awful day as far as numbers go, but overall was a difficult day.
    Calories: 935
    Carbs: 100 (usually try to keep under 100, but I was still hungry and snuck in a string cheese with 1 carb).
    Sat fat: 14 - one over
    Cholesterol - 85
    ytbd84caxws1.jpg

• bren5535
    Options
    I agree! I decided some time back that if something isn't really good....I'd rather waste it (and the money) than to finish something that will make me grumble about it. LOL I do need to reign myself in with my food hoarding ways. I have enough stuff in my kitchen to feed myself for 4 months without shopping but twice a week...I say..."Oh...I want that"....and there I go.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Bren - I rarely go inside a grocery store. I started using the pick-up option at WalMart a few months before the Covid thing hit. I just hate grocery shopping! I usually go inside the store where I buy meat, but that is basically just once a month and mostly just meat. The prices on basics are so much more than WalMart, especially on the salt free and reduced sodium items.

Since I started doing this, junk food has been pared WAY down. There are a couple of things that I usually keep for Bill (Snickers snack size - a 6pk lasts him about 2 weeks) and Little Debbie Zebra Cakes - a box of them will last 2-3 weeks.
  • bren5535
    Options
    I should have a comma after shopping up there. LOL Oh me too. Shopping used to be my entertainment and for 2 years now I've done the online thing and pick up after work at Wal-Mart or HEB. I shop for the office at Amazon a lot and have things sent directly to the office.
    Being diabetic with heart and kidney issues, I really need to buckle down and be an Adult....since I am the only one in my spaces. I'll work on that. I need to apply myself to my activity and food goals....with the passion I apply to my naps!
  • rondajo56
    Options
    I go shopping about once a month. If I need something I send my GD. I was using the pick up option but it got to be that they only had half of what I wanted.

I do buy a lot on-line too! That's how I do my Christmas shopping.

txkx15vehdmp.jpg
  • bren5535
    Options
    Oh Joy! My nectarines are edible now. I had the rest of the first one I hacked at, last night....of course all the JUNK I ate negated any benefit of having one healthy item. BrenDUH....is doing damage control today, will do up a couple of donation bags to get rid of some troublemakers for me....high sodium, sugar and the like. Little Debbie's mini pies for example. It usually takes 3-4 days to recover from a "blow-out"...so I will be patient, kind and loving to myself, after the beat down I did last night and this morning.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I was good today calorie and fat wise, but went over the carbs by a bit (111). I made potato soup.and we had it for lunch and left overs for dinner. Very low fat and sodium, but high carbs.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Connie, I saw something on TV the other day, Folio Cheese Wraps. They look like a tortilla shell, but they are all cheese. I looked them up on Amazon, Sam's Club and Walmart and Amazon was the only place that I had them, but they are very expensive. I read some reviews and cancelled my order. One of the reviewers I read makes her own, and it seems it would be pretty easy just melting the cheese in a skillet on the stove, turn it over and cook on the other side and then add some of your favorite toppings to have a nearly no carb snack or meal. I'm going to give it a try for lunch!

Ate terribly this weekend but am back on track today.

• rondajo56
    Options
    I'm doing great.

Week At A Glance
    Great Job! You logged in every day this week.

Weekly Calorie Goal

Calories Logged

Calories Burned

That's from MFP's weekly digest.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Kim - Cheese is extremely high in sodium. I have found that corn tortillas are about as good as I am going to get with Mexican. I have made the cheese wraps, but not since I have been cooking the same food for all of us.

Monday:
    Calories: 917
    Carbs: 98
    Sat Fat: 11
    Cholesterol: 47
  • Restfinder
    Options
    They are full of grease as well. Yuck! I put some of our shredded cheese in the pan and it took quite awhile to cook so that I could flip it. It just left a greasy puddle on the plate when all was said and done. Won't be doing that again. Not sure how the corn starch on the shredded cheese affects that melting process either.

Weighed the same today as last weigh in, praise the Lord my lost weekend didn't do as much damage as I was expecting. at 238.8 this morning.

• bren5535
    Options
    It was worth the experiment I suppose? One more hack you don't want to repeat? I need to make myself a list of 10 minute meals...LOL My back is screaming at the 7-8 minute mark but I think I could do 10 minutes. I might be more inclined to cook if I had an easy list of things I like...to use up the abundance of good things I have on hand. I'll work on that.

I did find my 5-20 minute chores list...did up one on this computer but my printer is acting up and won't print. So I'll use the old list as a good reference. I'm doing some of those things today, plus my PT moves for the shoulder. I'm thinking I may need to wear shoes in here for some stability? Couldn't hurt.
    Prayers for us all in this new day.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I slept well last night but woke up still feeling incredibly tired. Not sure what is causing this exhaustion. Last time I felt like this it turns out it was Sucralose, but I don't have anything with that in it any more, so I have no idea. Still on track, weight staying the same.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Yesterday I just totally went off plan. We ordered take out from our favorite local cafe and usually I eat to plan when we.order.from them, but Bill's meal sounded so good that I just ordered it as well. It tasted every bit as good as it sounded! I did stay within my hours and ate a nourishing lunch, but oh that dinner!

I was a bit low on calories today, but ate healthy.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I love it when you can have an out-of-plan meal and still be under in calories! Woohoo for you!

Up two pounds but I haven't been wearing my compression garments, and I didn't take my diuretic yesterday, so I have a feeling that it's fluid. Compression wraps are on the legs today!

• bren5535
    Options
    I've been off track and out of sorts for awhile now. Feeling better today tho and back on plan. I'm thankful for AC and my fans...in this high 90's heat. Some places have it much hotter....and I saw an article where some places are out of water, with wells drying up. That's heartbreaking. So many needs in these trying times...