Weight No More-July Chat 2021

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm : I hope that the MRI results will corroborate the neurologist's recommendation, fingers crossed !!
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Friday weigh in
    Pw: 146
    Cw: 145 lbs.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    edited July 2021
    ~~ Weigh Days ~~

Hey folks, I'm just getting caught up on everyone who posted their weights throughout the week. Here's the ones I'm missing so far:

Earlier this week -
    @pizzafruit - Monday
    @vvlucky - Wednesday
    @kaj848 - Thursday

Today and Tomorrow -
    @lennoncpa - Today
    @gottagetthisdown - Today
    @1theresamcvean - Today

@kirsten11872 - Tomorrow
    @Zumba_Luvah - Tomorrow
    @melaniedscott - Tomorrow
    @ha110w33nsp00k - Tomorow
    @kandi3570 - Tomorrow

Obviously, if your weigh day is today or tomorrow, you probably haven't posted yet. And that's completely fine. Consider this a reminder to provide an update before early Sunday morning. If your weigh day was earlier this week, consider this a warning nudge. And if you need to be excused from your weigh-in this week, do not hesitate to let us know.

We have one more week in the month, so:
    • If you are part of the cheer squad and would like to return to the weight loss team, now's the time to make that known (Attention to: @CassieGetsFit2013 @callsitlikeiseeit and @podperson1 )
    • If you are part of the weight loss team and would like to take a break without leaving the team, the cheer squad is always an option
    • If you have been dropped this month and would like to come back, here's your chance (Attention to: @Just_Kisha @bumpbreakcar @KristieJC )

I'll check back in sometime tomorrow, and hopefully before I head to spin class on Sunday morning to catch up with any stragglers.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Weigh Day

Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Starting weight: 177.4
    Last weigh-in: 152.0
    Today's weight: 150.9
    Loss to date: 26.5
  • 1theresamcvean

This my weightloss this week.

Great hair, Melanie! Reminds me of this. So popular when I was in grade eight :blush:

Trying to decide if that is good thing or a bad thing...Is that Mary Lou Retton?

My hair is too...everything to be as smooth and flat as that pic. I think it (hair) is excited to not be heavy and is aiming for floofy. We'll see.

It's not just a good thing, it's a great thing. It's Dorothy Hamill, an Olympian skater from the 70s. I had to have her haircut then and it's trending again now. Great hair style!!

That's it! I knew I knew that face! Mary Lou Retton wasn't quite right...but hey, an Olympian! I'm enjoying the short.

I don't think I'm posting steps this week as I've barely done anything. Between vertigo and severe sinus headaces, I've had to stay pretty quiet. Good news is: no dizzies since Thurs and I think the headache is abating today. Maybe I'll get a walk this am.

Sorry to hear about the dizziness. I hope it passes soon. (...and I'll figure that out by reading the posts for the week. I have a lot to catch up on.)
  • 1theresamcvean
    twyla77 wrote: »
    Twyla77
    Weigh In Day: Sunday July 18
    Previous Weight: 144.6
    Today’s Weight: 146

I had a good week with meals and meal planning, and I got over 10,000 steps each day, and even did a couple workouts!

So even though the number on the scale isn’t great, I still feel pretty good about my week!

Plus I got to pet horses yesterday, so I’m happy about that!

I love this picture of you with the horse, @twyla77 ~ you look so good, content, and happy.
  • 1theresamcvean
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Which makes me curious, what do you typically do on your walks? Is it always the same routes? Let us know!

I usually walk the length of the sidewalk in front of the 7 houses on my street. That's about 800+feet each way with a 22 foot drop in elevation. It takes me about 5 minutes and of course I take that walk a few times a day. At the bottom I can pick blackberries (not sure whose they are) and check out the Trumpet flowers (very bright orange). At times I walk in the neighborhood across from us for a longer walk - maybe half a mile total and I walk around my house inside and out constantly.

My walks are urban, living downtown in Toronto. I try to find thing my grandchildren would like. Toddler tastes and humour are taken into account.
    m0xv34zc1vb0.png
    ex9r2ie7rggj.png

• kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Kaj848
    Thursday
    July Week 4
    pw: 161.8
    cw: 161.0

Finally moved past the number I’ve been stuck at! Im track to hit my goal- get into the 150s by Aug 1st.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    melaniedscott
    PW: 201.5
    CW: 199

Clearly everything has sorted itself out...and this was with three high sodium meals the past two days. Office had a 'picnic' (indoors) Thurs with catered fried chicken meals which were nice but crazy salty. I split mine into two and had the rest yesterday. And dinner was a commercially made cheese calzone...And now that I think about it I had takeout Thai Thurs night (and breakfast the next day)...

It has been a crazy couple of weeks at work. Last week was a big on-line conference and training (plus prev mentioned vertigo, which has cleared--thanks for the well wishes @1theresamcvean!). Then more training and prepping for a training I was giving and a 5 hour Zoom training I facilitated Friday (first time!). Was not sure how it would go but I think it was...good.

Two nights this week I was so tired I went to sleep almost as soon as I got home and didn't have dinner until after 9. Thurs it was almost 8, because I took work home and was working and hubs brought Thai but was late. More takeout than normal this week because of deadlines and homework... But next to no snacking. Not enough walking...but some. I'll post steps this evening or tomorrow...
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    I finally finished the cross stitch I started 15 months ago. I will post a picture soon.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 406 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 174.4
    Cw- 178
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 176.4
    CW 175.2

Steps this week 77081

I’m back in the gym. My steps are down it’s been a slow week at work. They will definitely be higher next week. Funny the scale said 173.2 yesterday morning. 🤷‍♀️ I was also having some massive leg cramps. And I drink a decent amount of water. So I bought some pickles and magnesium vitamins. And I made sure to up my salt and magnesium. And no leg cramps last night. Yay!!! So I’m not sure which I needed but I’m pretty sure I was dehydrated. Just a reminder to all of you to get your electrolytes too. Cramping is typically dehydration or lack of potassium magnesium or salt.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    ~~ Weigh Days ~~

[*] If you are part of the cheer squad and would like to return to the weight loss team, now's the time to make that known (Attention to: @CassieGetsFit2013 @callsitlikeiseeit and @podperson1 )
    [*] If you are part of the weight loss team and would like to take a break without leaving the team, the cheer squad is always an option
    [*] If you have been dropped this month and would like to come back, here's your chance (Attention to: @Just_Kisha @bumpbreakcar @KristieJC )
    [/list]

I'll check back in sometime tomorrow, and hopefully before I head to spin class on Sunday morning to catch up with any stragglers.

you can add me back in for august and we will see how it goes with my medication and appetite, but for the most part I seem to be mostly back to normal now, so think I will be good for august :)
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    kirsten11872
    Week:4
    Weigh-in day:Saturday
    Previous weight:180.1
    Current weight:181.0
    +.9
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    ha110w33nsp00k
    Saturday
    PW: 176.7 (7-17-21)
    CW: 174.3 (7-24-21)
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited July 2021
    steps for the week
    Sun 5595 - 1.9 miles
    Mon 6589- 2.3 mi
    Tues 5631 - 2 mi
    Wed 6197 - 2.2 mi
    Thu 6544 - 2.3 mi
    Fri 7958 - 2.7 mi
    Sat 8838 - 3 mi

total 47352 - 16.4

I did 3 sessions with Silver Sneakers this week so closed the rings on my apple watch three days. I will try to ramp it up to close those rings more often
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Steps for the last week..

7/18 - 6,385
    7/19 - 12,866
    7/20 - 12,607
    7/21 - 13,181
    7/22 - 15,627
    7/23 - 5,924
    7/24 - 8,456

Total: 75,046

Back up to my normal steps!