Jubilant July Accountability Thread!

13»

Replies

• Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    5’4” 44

7/24: 126.8

Back from our 3 week, cross country driving trip. Not sure how much of this is water retention from traveling. My clothes still fit fine, but my stomach is more jiggly and bloated which I do NOT like the feeling of. I NEED to get back to my exercise. Sadly, I’m tired and lack the energy/motivation so we’ll see if I can muster the willpower tomorrow.
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    5’4” 44

7/24: 126.8
    7/25: 126.0

I had a mocha and some sort of chocolate shake my kids made me instead of real food for dinner last night so obviously I’m still on vacation 🙄
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    BMI: 24,7
    Jan trend: -0.6
    Feb trend: +0.2
    Mar trend: +0.5
    April trend: -0.7
    May trend: -0.3
    June trend: -
    CW: 73.1
    July GW: 71.5
    Final GW: 71.0

02/07 : 73.1 - exactly where I was a month ago. I did great for three weeks and then undid the progress during my holidays. I'm back to business since Monday and I'm diving again. Next week, I'll also go to the office 1 day by bike, so hopefully I'll get some more movement.

12/07: 73.2 - I'm maintaining, whilst on the wrong weight and with putting effort in to lose weight... grmbl. I was extremely active those past few days, so I hope it is mainly some bloating. I went diving on Thursday, bike2work on Friday, diving on Saturday and I have been moving furniture around yesterday as our new couch will be delivered on Thursday (Yaaaahhhh !) I'm expecting a drop here, so hopefully a bit lower next week.

19/07: 73.2 - So basically still maintaining, I need to shake things up a bit. I didn't had any exercise past week. First we had torrential rains up until Friday and I was complaining a lot about it, until on Thursday we started to see how floods were ravaging our country. I went from grumpy to grateful very quickly and I'm just glad we are still living in a safe and dry house and that all our loved ones are accounted for. Then on Friday, I had my second covid shot, which kept me sedentary all weekend as I had some headaches and joint pains. All better now, so time to get things shaking again.
    The plan for this week: diving on Wednesday (national holiday), Thursday and Saturday; biking on Sunday and a walk on every workday - the weather is wonderful now, so no excuses.

26/07: 72.8 - Finally, some movement, yeah !! I got a lot more exercise and that is showing. I hope this week will be equally positive, although we have a big outside BBQ on Saturday for my family - some I haven't seen for more than a year and a half. All well vaxed now, so low risk.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Height 5'5"
    MFP Starting weight: 190
    CW: 140.2
    July GW: 139. 9
    Final GW: I don't know. Somewhere between 125 and 135.

I have made a conscious decision that I'm going to mostly be maintaining this month - I'll not really be sure what my weight is doing until my period shows up, but my birthday is Monday, and it is one of TWO days I let myself have without logging or worrying during the year (the other is thanksgiving). I'm intentionally losing really slowly right now so. Not in any rush to get anywhere.

Still want to participate here and have some accountability, so. Here's to setting the bar low and setting up for success. I can probably manage three tenths of a pound in a month.

Non-scale goals: Do at least two new to me hikes, hit my protein goals, remember to take my vitamins.

7/10 - 139.6

Goal official met, I guess. We'll see w here the month actually ends. My deficit's pretty tiny but I might get that .6 out of there :P!

July SW:140.2
    July 10 - 139.9
    July 23 - 137.3

I don't know, I'm trying to compensate my calories around reduced activity and attempting to maintain. I'm clearly not as much less active as I thought. I kinda want to get a few pounds lighter overall, anyway, so not a huge deal but I'm going to be doing some math at some point to work out what I actually need to eat to maintain.

That is the most difficult exercise in weight loss I think. For me, it still goes down a little when at maintenance, and that seems to be the reason to eat more, which then goes out of control again. I hope you'll get that balance !
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Height 5'5"

I have made a conscious decision that I'm going to mostly be maintaining this month - I'll not really be sure what my weight is doing until my period shows up, but my birthday is Monday, and it is one of TWO days I let myself have without logging or worrying during the year (the other is thanksgiving). I'm intentionally losing really slowly right now so. Not in any rush to get anywhere.

Still want to participate here and have some accountability, so. Here's to setting the bar low and setting up for success. I can probably manage three tenths of a pound in a month.

Non-scale goals: Do at least two new to me hikes, hit my protein goals, remember to take my vitamins.

7/10 - 139.6

Goal official met, I guess. We'll see w here the month actually ends. My deficit's pretty tiny but I might get that .6 out of there :P!

July 10 - 139.9
    July 23 - 137.3

I don't know, I'm trying to compensate my calories around reduced activity and attempting to maintain. I'm clearly not as much less active as I thought. I kinda want to get a few pounds lighter overall, anyway, so not a huge deal but I'm going to be doing some math at some point to work out what I actually need to eat to maintain.

That is the most difficult exercise in weight loss I think. For me, it still goes down a little when at maintenance, and that seems to be the reason to eat more, which then goes out of control again. I hope you'll get that balance !

I've done a lot of maintenance breaks and honestly this experiment thing happens every time and confuses me every time. Once I find where I am, it's fine, but the point where I have to remember the scale is reflecting what I did LAST month (I only really lose for a week/10 days around my period) always just leaves me sort of grumbling under my breath. I'm definitely watching it though. we'll see what the scale reflects next month and math it out. I've got room to move some either direction, so as long as I pay attention (thank goodness for MFP folks for reminding me to stay aware!) I should be able to course correct.
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    48 yrs
    5' 3" *NEW*
    CW 129
    GW 125
    GW for July 127

July 3 - 129
    July 10 - 128.5
    July 17 - 128
    July 25 - 128?

Entering my weight late as I was in transit to my hometown. Finally on vacation! So so good to see family again after so long.

I took a couple days off workouts but did navigate a flight, airports, rental car and jet lag all with 3 kids in tow. That's a workout, isn't it?! i won't really weigh myself for 2 weeks - I don't trust strange scales!!

I went for a great run on the beach and a walk in the woods today. Will try to post a pic!
  • k8richly
    fo9r1gzb9hmh.jpg
    Great run this morning!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    July is almost over!
    Kids school starting in a few weeks!! 😬

5’2”
    111, 20%
    Maintenance

I’m canceling my OTF membership today after 3 yrs. I had fun and loved it( addicting!)
    But I’m bored. I need change. Looking at investing in the Mirror. Work from home.
    I kayak and SUP at the lake, walk the metro park and stay pretty active.
    Anyone here use https://www.mirror.co/?utm_source=google_ads&utm_medium=search_cpc&utm_campaign=Brand_Exact-Match_[KNOWN]&utm_content=Mirror&utm_term=the mirror&creative=534710632790&matchtype=e&device=m&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2uL0qOKF8gIVJW1vBB09QwJHEAAYASAAEgJRR_D_BwE

fkxzmtf0gt73.jpeg
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 693 Member
    Made it through day 19, but I've been doing a lot of heavy-duty work around the house (moving heavy stuff around, pulling and resetting bricks and paver stones, etc) so haven't been keeping up to well with my challenges. Hoping to get back into the tomorrow, but have a lot of work to do in the basement, so we'll see :*
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Height 5'5"

7/10 - 139.6

July 10 - 139.9
    July 23 - 137.3

July 10 - 139.9
    July 23 - 137.3
    7-31, that I forgot to post here:136.9

• k8richly
    48 yrs
    5' 3" *NEW*
    CW 129
    GW 125
    GW for July 127

July 3 - 129
    July 10 - 128.5
    July 17 - 128
    July 25 - 128?
    July 31 - 128?

Still on vacation but I think I'm maintaining my weight. Am eating a bit more than usual but am getting in runs and hikes. I'm stalling on the pushup challenge - I think I've done 30 pushups/day for a week. I just keep forgetting to do my last sets in the evenings. But i will persevere!

Anyway, farewell July! See you all in August!
    Kate