Weight No More-July Chat 2021

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,029 Member
    Greetings Team WeightNoMore!

We are entering the week when new members can sign up for Fat2Fit teams. If you have interested friends or can post this link where they may find it, please invite them to join! Continuing members do NOT have to re-register, so you're all automatically in for August.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10839285/registration-for-new-members-august-2021#latest
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    PW 122
    CW 121
    Steps
    Sun 12,118
    Mon 15,025
    Tue 13,024
    Wed 12,633
    Thur 6,298
    Fri 17,378
    Sat 8,921
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last week's weight: 136.8
    Current weight: 136.8
    Steps: 66,217
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Steps..

Sun- 16,367
    Mon- 7,083
    Tues- 7,998
    Wed- 9,066
    Thurs- 15,658
    Fri- 9,275
    Sat- 8,230
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Username: Antiopelle
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 161.3
    CW (Current Weight): 160.5

Finally, some weight is dropping! I had a crazy active week and it would have been strange not to drop some. We finally had some mild summer weather which allowed more outdoors activities. Alas, now we are facing rains again and I just hope I'll be able to squeeze in one dive on Thursday.
    On Saturday, hubbie and I are organizing a big cookout for my family. We haven't been together for more than 20 months, but now that everyone has had their second shots, it's time for a BBQ. I'm sure I'll eat more than I should, but then again I will also have to rush the whole time to get food & drinks for everyone. Usually, that evens out nicely.
  • Antiopelle
    @rachelrjh and @sandielewis2001 : great progress and pics ! Wow !
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    utjgcurjp07e.png

Hey Team! As we wrap up July let's have a fun and easy challenge!

So, hop on over to WEEK FIVE-PHOTO CHALLENGE

For some extra fun post your daily picture to your team so that you can get to know each other even better! :)
  • Antiopelle
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Here's the picture I've been promising. It took me about 15 months start to finish.
    Sorry I don't know how to turn it upright. It does have straight edges, I know it looks uneven, just need to stretch it before it gets framed.

v5y6g6arrzoj.jpg

Impressive !! :astonished:
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    @pacsnc6 - that is amazing work! You are very talented!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Which makes me curious, what do you typically do on your walks? Is it always the same routes? Let us know!

I usually walk the length of the sidewalk in front of the 7 houses on my street. That's about 800+feet each way with a 22 foot drop in elevation. It takes me about 5 minutes and of course I take that walk a few times a day. At the bottom I can pick blackberries (not sure whose they are) and check out the Trumpet flowers (very bright orange). At times I walk in the neighborhood across from us for a longer walk - maybe half a mile total and I walk around my house inside and out constantly.

My walks are urban, living downtown in Toronto. I try to find thing my grandchildren would like. Toddler tastes and humour are taken into account.
    m0xv34zc1vb0.png
    ex9r2ie7rggj.png

I love these photos, lol! So fun!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Twyla77
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    Previous weight:146
    Current weight:146

No change, I'll take it!

Sorry for the late weigh-in!
  • Antiopelle
    @minstrelofsarcasm : I'd like to join the stepping group in August please. I have some charity walks coming up and there will be loads to report (I hope). Do I report Sunday to Saturday, or Monday to Sunday?
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Way to go @melaniedscott , @ha110w33nsp00k , and @IDebraK at placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd for our team!

@pacsnc6 Amazing artwork! I love the painting! I’d love to see more of your work.
  • rachelrjh
    @sandielewis2001 you are beautiful in your before and after pic. I like your hair change in the after pic and you look healthier and happier.
    the tattoo of the dog on you upper leg is pretty. I want to get my first tattoo, but I can’t think of a design. Did you design that yourself?
  • rachelrjh
    q6tv6ujoaz8f.jpeg

This resonates. I need to change my thinking… I believe I can stay fit and healthy, and I believe I can be the best teacher I can be.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited July 2021
    @rachelrjh
    Thank you. The picture is cross stitch done from a kit. Of course I got off the pattern so added rows where they shouldn't be. I am not a painter. I am very happy with the results.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm : I'd like to join the stepping group in August please. I have some charity walks coming up and there will be loads to report (I hope). Do I report Sunday to Saturday, or Monday to Sunday?

@Antiopelle - That's fantastic, we'd be happy to have you on the step team! The spreadsheet uses Sunday to Saturday to calculate weekly totals, and I typically post my steps post on Tuesdays.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    ~~ July Week Five! ~~

Welcome to Week Five! July is one of those months with a pesky bonus week, which has an awkward tendency of throwing off calculations just a little bit, so please do bear with us in the event that things get wonky.

As it is also the last week of the month, here's a few things to note:
    • If you want to change your weigh day, now is the perfect time
    • If you want to move on/off the cheer squad, now is the perfect time
    • You DO NOT need to re-register for the team next month - it is an automatic process and nothing changes unless you tell us you want it to change (or disappear for two weeks in a row without notice)
    • We cannot help you with an issue unless you ask for help - asking for help is not a sign of weakness, but proof you want to stay strong

Quick Update on Me:

I'll be honest, my arms are so sore that even holding them up to type is a struggle. It is Games Week at my functional training gym, and all of the workouts are inspired by the Olympics. Yesterday was sprinter-themed, today was swimming and focused on upper body. Tomorrow, which will be a rest day for me (thank goodness), is Marathon-themed, and I have never been happier to have a scheduled rest day. I'm looking forward to Thursday, since it is based on Weight Lifting. There will be three coaches there, rather than the standard two, and they will be critical of form, lifting heavier, and tempo. I'm excited.

thumb_dear-trainer-ihate-you-you-make-me-sore-and-yellat-54345871.png

And now for why you're really here...

~ Too much a coward, to admit when I'm in need; I take a walk ~

Our unstoppable team of seven walkers traversed an incredible 462,455 steps this week, which averages out to about 66,065 per person. Anyone else's calves sore just at the thought?

The Leaderboard:

Over 10k Steps Per Day:

@annliz23 - 85,397 total | 12,200 average - Most Steps in a Single Day!
    @kandi3570 - 77,081 total | 11,012 average
    @sandielewis2001 - 75,046 total | 10,721 average
    @ljdanny - 73,677 total | 10,525 average

Over 5k Steps Per Day:

@lennoncpa - 66,217 total | 9,460 average
    @pacsnc6 - 47,352 total | 6,765 average - Most Consistent!
    @dbrinkmeyer - 37,685 total | 5,384 average

And, for the record, this totally counts as a workout:

letter-board-quotes20-1619036429.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=480:*
This discussion has been closed.