• naomi9271
    naomi9271 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 6
    Friday
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes -

Back inside. @NRTyreman I ran into a bunch of riders from SA and immediately thought of you, so I gave them all “ride ons” (kudos) for you :)

The woman who runs the store near me who noticed I lost weight…I showed her this app back then and today she told me she has been using it, down 4 lbs, and that she’s been walking every morning. Sweet!!!
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Friday 07/23
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 20+ minutes walking. Not quite all at once. Went grocery shopping, did a couple extra laps at stores and walked a bit outside in evening when went out to bring garbage bins down
  • smcinto
    smcinto Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    User: smcinto
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 140
    CW: 139.4
  • naomi9271
    Options

Week 3 Day 7
    Saturday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes -

Just wasn’t feeling it for riding today. Got on, rode for a few minutes and got off twice. Ate something, got back on and finally just did it. I think it’s the bad sleep I’ve had the past few days…that’ll sap my willpower like a motivation vampire. Time for a rest day soon.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Waifer003
    Weigh in Day - Monday (but submitting early before heading out camping)
    PW 175.6
    CW 175.3
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Week 4
    User name: dracocapricorn
    PW: 157.2
    CW: 153.9

Didnt do any sports until today. Think I lost so much muscle. Still, happy to see us a weight loss. Am going to gain my muscle back
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    Sat 07/24
    Exercise: Yes, 45 minutes ring fit
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    User name:KakoHikes
    PW:223.4
    CW:221.8

Will I automatically be added to nexts months challenge? I do want to keep on going
  • NRTyreman
    NRTyreman Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 4
    Friday 23 July
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps: 9,014 (missed out on loads of steps because my phone pedometer disconnected when walking with the stroller!)

Week 3 day 5
    Sat 24 July
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps: 14,161

Week3 day 6
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps: 14,179

Had a crazy busy weekend DIYing, our whole house was a renovation project when we bought it back in December. Since we moved in May time we have had an extended break but I managed to find the motivation again and got lots of the hallway painted! Dreading getting the ceiling done because that really is such hard work.

@naomi9271 I think most people who can, have left SA now :lol: beautiful place, full of amazing nature and amazing food but it's not an ideal place for a family. My mum got caught up in in a riot on her way back from work, lets just say what she saw was enough to get us out asap.

• naomi9271
    Options
    Week4 day 1
    Sunday
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise - yes

Decided to try a group workout for some extra motivation. It was nice to have the “company” of a bunch of folks I knew were all working as hard as me. Not sure if that’s just sadistic of me 🤣

@NRTyreman yeah, I’ve heard how bad it is. I did wonder if they were still actually there, or if they’re just flying the SA flag of their home country from somewhere else. I was hoping the latter, TBH.
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    ►WEIGH IN
    alpdexplorer
    July→ Week 4
    Weigh In→ Monday
    PW→ 340
    CW→ 335.8
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    NRTyreman
    Tuesday 27/07/2021
    PW: 170.9
    CW: 168.9

I guess all that painting really paid off :lol:. Between working full time, keeping the house in order when you have a 2 double coated dogs and a toddler and also trying to get bits of our unfinished house done I haven't really had any spare time to even consider exercise other than my walks to nursery/shops. At least I have been so busy I have also accidently skipped meals too... I need my husband back just to have a nap lol

Week 3 day 7
    Wed 26th July
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - way under
    Exercise - sort of (walked to shops)
    Steps - 5,101 (lost 4,000-6,000 as my watch died without me realising)
  • naomi9271
    Options
    Week4 day 2
    Monday
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise - yes

Decided it would be an awesome idea to join a mountain climbing bike challenge (zwift). Clear temporary lapse of reason. That hurt, but I finished it…third from last… but I finished it. Ouch.

@NRTyreman that stuff counts. Probably feels like it should count 1.5x even without the official exercise yoga pants and gym shirt :)

@KakoHikes we were automatically signed up if we did our last week weigh-in last month. Paging @lacatgirl to come join us.
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    Sunday 07/25
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minutes ringfit

Monday 07/26
    Exercise: No, rest day.

Thanks for the info Naomi!

I should be under calories today. Tomorrow will probably be a major no which I’m not going to worry about, am spending the day with a friend and going to the coast. Haven’t done something in person with her beside a walk in the park since COVID restrictions first started. We are going to try and make getting together a monthly thing again and I do want to be prepared for future months. What do you guys do on fun days? Bring healthy food with you or just try and make best choices available?

• NRTyreman
    Options
    Week 4 day 1
    Wed 28th July
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - Under
    Exercise - yes, walk
    Steps - 15,340

@KakoHikes I bring food if it's appropriate (i.e picnic or eating at family/friends house) I am a big fan of tracking literally everything so if it's not possible I just take a day off. The tricky part is making the good decisions, in the UK you very rarely have calories values at restaurants and even the 'healthy' looking options are loaded with calories and sugar. It took me 60 days of constant tracking and being under before I was brave enough to have one of those days, mostly because I am a very much an all or nothing gal!

• naomi9271
    Options

Naomi9271
    Week 4 Weigh in
    Wednesday
    PW: 142
    CW: 141.2

So close to GW. I had been debating whether to join next month or not. Guess you’re stuck with me. But I’m going to slow my planned rate of loss down again. It’s been tempting to just diet super-hard so I can hit that goal and say I’ve done it, but if I actually engage the brain, I know that’s really a bad idea and the fastest way to climb straight back up afterwards. War and not a battle, I have to keep reminding myself :)

Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise no

Finally took that rest day. Can’t build muscle if you don’t give them time to repair themselves.
  • naomi9271
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @KakoHikes When I went on a trip I brought some protein bars for emergency snacks, and made the better choices when I could. So hamburger with salad (brought my low calorie dressing) rather than cheeseburger and fries. Fish or shrimp when possible, vodka with sparkling water and a slice of lemon instead of beer, split a dessert with a friend rather than eating it all. Else I didn’t stress too much, because this is practice for the rest of your life, and the rest of your life shouldn’t be so stressful :)
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    Week 4 day 2
    Wed 28th July (for real this time (yesterdays was meant for tuesday :lol:)
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - Under
    Exercise - yes, walk
    Steps - 13,751

Went shopping with my friend as I managed to get through so much more work than normal and I have accrued loads of work hours :smile: Had pho for lunch so more than happy with the day.

How is everyone determining their goal weights?
    Mine was initially 175lb, around the weight I was when I met my husband, now just waiting to get my BMI normal (eye roll) to see if that might encourage the doctors to either sort out my endo or maybe even try and help with our lack of fertility. I am only 4lbs away, now I am wondering what I actually want my weight to be, I am 5"8 and never been skinny and I do have a bigger build (my breast bone is already almost showing) so I know I won't like being the lower end of a normal bmi (122 - 165). Seems like a massive range so I am a bit loss, I'm wondering if I go right into the middle and then start really focusing on strength training? Idk I just really want rid of the little pouch over my c-section scar and also maybe have an *kitten* again :Lol:
  • naomi9271
    Options
    Week 4 day 4
    Wed 28th July
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - Under
    Exercise - yes

Oh @NRTyreman Prepare for wall of text :)

I’m currently BMI 23.3 (5’5”). The “suggested” ideal weight for me is something like 116 lbs, which is ridiculous. I’d look like I belonged in hospice.

Then I looked at the body fat calculators. LOL. They have me at anywhere between 32% (obese) and 23% (less than ideal) depending on which body measurements they use in the calculation.

Even fitness sites get women’s ideal body fat percentage wrong, and say we should be 15% (ummmm, not unless you’re a professional female bodybuilder ready for a show).

So after spending waaaay to much time looking this stuff up, and deciding it was all nonsense, I decided to just compare me to me.

You will laugh, but I finally decided based on how you determine if your dog is overweight. Can you see a couple of ribs when standing relaxed but not all of them and not none of them? Ok, then good weight.

Pretty sure my method is not recognized by NHS, LOL.
This discussion has been closed.