Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    MoStacy wrote: »
    PW: 202
    CW: 200.2

Almost there! Hoping for a good weigh-in next week...

LOVING THIS! Way to go
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW: 181.4 I'm experiencing the joys of water weight, I believe! I had some delicious tomato-based supper and voila! The extra salt I put on the "chickpea-pasta" made it taste a little better (but I'll get a different brand from now on), but definitely not enough to make me really enjoy the added numbers on the scale. Harumph.
    jugar wrote: »
    I'm in my own dog house. I just slipped up over my top "goal zone" weight. It has been a sloppy month and I'm not very inspired to get out and sweat, so my plan to fix this right away is:
    • weigh daily (I start skipping when I don't wanna know...)
    • pre-log the food for the day every morning. Breakfast is easy since it is always the same, but then I'll log the rest of the day and stick to it.
    • move more
    • enjoy beer less!

If I'm still over my top weight next week, I'll be back on the regular team for August! It has been too easy to slip into bad habits after being really stable in my weight for a long time. Drat!

Oh, I know. It's a hard thing to let go of. I suggest you admit to yourself that you'll always enjoy it...just not today. If you can buy yourself time and tell yourself you can "choose to have one tomorrow", the desire will pass after about 15-minutes and you'll make it through the day without alcohol (or sugar, or whatever the craving we've decided NOT to have). You had some fabulous time with your daughter and, I suspect reawakened the desire for beer during that wonderful, playful time.
    You're always welcome no matter *what* team you're on! So there.
    xoxo
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    You have a new member heading your way .... Please welcome @wolfy1234 :)
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Welcome to the team @wolfy1234

Brad and I got out for a lunch time walk, which is good cause we have lots on the go again tonight.

We have a long weekend in Canada this weekend and I'm off on holidays next week, so lots of work stuff to tie up before end of day tomorrow.

We also have a fridge stuffed full of the good stuff after our farmers market haul! So many fresh tasty meals coming out of the kitchen right now :)
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    u6ncwfl3aayi.jpg
    Look at those eyes, they are so cute😍

• wolfy1234
    wolfy1234 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the team @wolfy1234

Thank you! Hope all are doing well heading towards their weight goals.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    wolfy1234 wrote: »
    Thank you! Hope all are doing well heading towards their weight goals.

Hi @wolfy1234
    It is great to have you here - we do indeed have a couple other men, and lots of great energy. Tell us a bit about yourself, and where you are from - whatever you are comfortable sharing. Pile on the questions if you have any, and you'll be up and running!

I'm sure you're on the right team, too. My sister @EvMakesChanges and I had a dog through our childhood named Wolfgang (we're a bunch of musicians...) and of course, we always called him Wolfy. He was fantastic! Not calling you a dog, or anything :wink:
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    once_mas wrote: »
    Look at those eyes, they are so cute😍

Right??? Super cute dogs @conleywoods .... my heart!!! Thanks for sharing
  • jugar
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @bowens1973
    Don't sweat it. Remember what to do? ONE perfect day. Then you'll be all set to get back on track. I just had to do the same thing. Kick that slip to the pavement before it gets to thinking it's a boulevard!

@EvMakesChanges
    You have lost over 5 pounds this month, so that blip is a nothing! Thanks for the reminder about the delayed gratification - that always works for me. Strict 6 days, free for 1 is usually easy. Save up those bad-for-you things we somehow like to call "goodies"? I'm OK with that!
  • jugar
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I'm suffering from a number deficiency - help put me out of my misery :grimace:

Weigh-ins due through Thursday:
    @MandiSaysHey
    @CurvyCalorie
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @marsipan100
    @PlaneMonkey (if you're around! even on maintenance, it is good to weigh in)

Due Friday:
    @Pearl4686
    @conleywoods
    @happimess01
    @gak71

Thanks!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @once_mas and @ashleycarole86 Thanks! I love my doggies. I have one more who was not in the picture. He is our 15 year old lab mix who prefers to stay outside unlike the two couch potatoes pictured.

Today slipped away and I didn't log a single item!😬oops! I don't think I did too bad but not sure. I went kayaking with my daughter for 30 minutes and also swam at the lake today. I did a really short hike at the end of the day. I resisted chips while at the lake but had some when I got home as a quick side dish for fruit salad and BLTs. Chips are a hard one for me but I am much better than I use to be.

Welcome @wolfy1234 !
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    PW: 240.4
    CW: 240.1

I haven’t been logging or getting my steps, time to get back to what works! I’m going to make today my first perfect day and start stacking them up!!
  • jugar
    Options
    @happimess01
    Sam - there's a 1 at the beginning of your weight, and you must be wearing a huge smile! Not to mention snapping your suspenders, as they say here in Québec when you're really proud. Tu te pètes tes bretelles! And with good reason. Deadlifts and squats are a great way to get that strength thing happening - you are on a roll :smiley:

@gak71 and @conleywoods
    There's a great example of the power of logging and consistency for you - keep at it and you'll hit your goals!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around much. just keeping busy with the home renos. I had 8 pages of posts to catch up on.

@jugar I weighed in at 192.2 this morning. I've been bouncing around between 192 and 195 since April and it seems to be working for me. Once the summer is done and time can once again be my own, I will rejoin the regular team. I'm just glad I have been able to maintain this well!

I played hockey last night for the first time since before Christmas. It was great to get out and skate but the level of play was a bit slower than what I had hoped for. I'm a fast skater and it makes me feel guilty to hog the puck. We all payed the same amount of money to play, we all deserve an equal chance to participate, but my team seems to think that as soon as I have the puck under control and start moving up the ice, that's the perfect time to go to the bench for a change, which leaves me no one to pass to! Going to have to sort that one out!

Congrats @happimess01 for breaking into Onderland. I'm going to show your progress photo to hubby to try to get him on board. like @ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 the team attack can be very effective for both people. So far he's jealous of my progress and proud of me, but he's still refusing to even try to log his food. He's still try to use me as his food police, which I'm not willing to be. You can never win, you're always the bad guy. NOPE! I have enough motivation for one person (barely at times!), I can't be responsible to fight the cravings and portion control for two.

Speaking of Kayaks @conleywoods and @gak71, we just bought a pair so I'm looking forward to kayaking for the first time past the bridge at the end of our bay. I've lived here for 2 years and have never been past it on the water. can't wait to see what's there!
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @happimess01 that's a huge accomplishment! You're already looking thin and trim and the weightlifting will take you even further!

@PlaneMonkey you're going to love having the kayaks! It's so peaceful and quiet being out on the water and they can float in just a few inches of water so you're able to explore shallow areas that others can't get to. Have fun!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    PW 224.4
    CW 223.4

Hooray! The weight is really coming off lately. I really feel that cutting down on exercise has made a huge impact in my uncontrollable hunger. I'm still working out most days just not as long or intense.

@happimess01 You did it! Congrats to you and hope you enjoy lifting. I was able to increase my calories while lifting heavy this winter with minimal impact on the scale. Good luck, you got this
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Some good losses this week :smile:

Welcome @wolfy1234, this is a great team!

I went for a run with my friend earlier, but not the route we had planned as it's a treacherous one in the rain. I can't remember the last time I got so wet out running! Thankfully our boiler installation completed yesterday so I was able to have a hot shower when I got back.

Tomorrow through Sunday lunchtime-ish is likely to be very busy with our house guests. We deep cleaned last weekend so the house won't take much to get ready for guests at least, but we need to go to the supermarket (which we can do tonight) and butchers which will need to be done in the morning; I didn't go this afternoon due to running. I'm on a mission to use things up at the moment but if we continue with the wet weather, the BBQ stuff will have to be done on the hob/in the oven.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar sorry! I will weigh in tomorrow. I have been setting up my classroom and haven't weighed in all week.
  • wolfy1234
    wolfy1234 Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Thank you all for being so welcoming. I can’t wait to start on August 1st. Have a great weekend!
This discussion has been closed.