August 1

Replies

• Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    3xyes
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    @healthymumslife in answer to your question yes an hour yoga session def counts. Any workout counts as long as its at least 20 min. Hope that helps.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    mshawski wrote: »
    Then around 3pm I looked at my phone and realized it was not July 31st. It was, in fact, August 1st. So… that’s a really disappointing start to me regaining my focus in August. Ugh.

Completely unintentional Pass Day #1 since I thought it was still July 🤦🏻‍♀️. I promise I’m actually smart, I just rarely seem like it. 🤦🏻‍♀️ So now I’m feeling like that person that keeps saying they’re going to start tomorrow and never does.

Goals for August:
    - Winners Circle
    - Reinstate 1 rest day per week (can be walking or gentle yoga)
    - Keep fiber and protein intake up with sodium intake down
    - KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS 😑

Thanks for the laugh. I thought I was off to a good start too. We ate out last night, I made good choices, (I thought), ran in the morning, ate light all day, was under calories. Woke up this morning and the first thing that popped into my head was “oh crap, I had a piece of cornbread that I didn’t count.” Went back to add it and now my diary looks like this:
    wc03pob0cspz.jpeg

So here I am, already with a pass day.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    @SModa61 your approach and efforts are truly admirable!
    I certainly believe that keeping yourself held to account daily is infinitely more important than hitting any specific short term numbers. It's the journey, not the destination, and that daily account is how we navigate by whatever stars are visible to us in order to guide us there. When we go off course for any time, that regular accountability is what gets us back on track, and ultimately the only way to get there. Not to mention when we get there, it's not a port where you dock and get to just sit there, instead you're still afloat in the middle of the sea and can drift all around unless you continue to hold yourself to account daily and continue to stay on track. Forever.

Ok, didn't mean to drift the topic like that. Just impressed is all, and I get chatty and go on tangents and stuff!
  • JennyRebecca1978
    JennyRebecca1978 Posts: 68 Member
    Congratulations to everyone in the Winners Circle! Great Job! Woohoo!

This month, I am determined to be accountable. My goals are to track every day, check in here every day, and exercise more than 30 minutes every day. I hope to also stay below my calorie limit, but my main goals are accountability and exercise as I get back into a routine.

Thank you to everyone who has checked on me and reached out! This group is a wonderful source of support!

August 1:

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 3 hours of gardening (which I am counting), and a 30-minute walk.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Pass days used: 0.

Happy August, everyone!

• Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    @MaltedTea I'm trying out different podcasts this month to see if there are any that I particularly like.

Well done everyone. Lots of solid first days
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited August 2021
    Can I ask if an hours yoga session counts as exercise? Thanks

@Healthymumlife the "rules" simply say:
    "Be active every day for the entire month. Even if it's just cleaning your house for 20 minutes, be active...." and we usually leave it up to YOU to determine for yourself what you consider "active". For me, I'd say yes! In my mind yoga beats sitting on the sofa every day of the week! (Also, personally, I'm out of shape, and yoga is definitely "active" for me!) Lol. I hope this helps.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member

I certainly believe that keeping yourself held to account daily is infinitely more important than hitting any specific short term numbers. It's the journey, not the destination, and that daily account is how we navigate by whatever stars are visible to us in order to guide us there. When we go off course for any time, that regular accountability is what gets us back on track, and ultimately the only way to get there. Not to mention when we get there, it's not a port where you dock and get to just sit there, instead you're still afloat in the middle of the sea and can drift all around unless you continue to hold yourself to account daily and continue to stay on track. Forever.

Ok, didn't mean to drift the topic like that. Just impressed is all, and I get chatty and go on tangents and stuff!

@WhatMeRunning Your "drift" is very insightful! Your point about it not being just a "port that we get to dock and just sit there" really hit home with me! Thanks! :smile: