August 7

Options

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,075 Member
    Options
    August 7
    ✅✅✅

Great topic for today - thanks @MaltedTea for leading us and thanks to all for sharing your insights. This is a super group!

I have a tendency to be a bit of a Pollyanna most of the time, but when I am hurt or significantly let down by others, I crash really hard into a pit of sarcasm and negativity. I’ve had a tough time recently and have found the following intentional approaches do help me:

* Get enough sleep
    * Stop extrovert/busy behaviour and spend some time alone (I love to read)
    * Practice positive self-talk
    * Follow a healthy lifestyle (being here helps 🥰)
    * Keep a sense of humour

We are trying again tomorrow for the trip to see our daughter. Finally, less smoky weather is forecast. It will be a great little mini-break. Six hours in the car total there and back, but we have a long walk along the river planned (we are bringing the 11 month old pup).
    ymhrvodijr12.jpeg

I will track, but am expecting to use one of my pass days as I am certain I will be “over calories”. Will enjoy and savour every bite!

Julie
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,141 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    ✅ - Exercise 20+ Minutes
    ✅ - Calories within budget
    ✅ - Tracked everything

3️⃣ Pass Days Remaining

• TerriRichardson112
    edited August 2021
    Options
    😍 all the positivity but our members are sharing. I'll be back later to see how y'all are doing.

@idoliov - 👍🏻 On today's 3 x yes. Some months, we just need more than three pass days. The good thing is that you can still be a Champion if you keep on logging in.

@jamcnewman - us Pollyannas need to stick together 😂 I hope you manage to get that great trip that you have planned with your daughter. 😍 The wee black pup .

@seilidhe - Yay! 👍🏻 5 minutes off your time.

@ashleycarole86 - frisbee always sounds like such a fun activity.

@readyornot - Fortunately, the universe also throws us some fabulous times. Those are the ones that I think we should choose to focus on.

@RangerRickL - Family time is so important. It's one of the things that we have all missed so much during the last 18 months.

@bradkcrew - WOW! That was dedication. My go to in that particular situation is to put on some rock music and dance. Much more enjoyable for me, but maybe not your style?

@Mrs_Hoffer - you are the epitome of positivity. I have my fingers crossed for better weather tomorrow so that you can get in those 31 miles. I am positive that you will succeed.

@stella7x7 - @GrandmaJackie - @clutterqueen - special occasions are the reason we have pass days. I hope you enjoyed your day.

@MaltedTea - sounds like you were skipping and dancing for joy.

👍🏻 Yay for 3 x yes @thabit11 - @SummerSkier - @tdrjustus3

• DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options
    ~ ~ 8/7/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 120 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS.......... 16,700+ ........ 80 m Walking .... 40 m house cleaning ..

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    idoliov wrote: »
    Took pass days on Thursday and Friday so I’m over for the month and we’re only a week in. So it goes.But I’m not quitting. 3 YES day today - a brisk 30 minute treadmill walk.
    THIS is positivity! Looking forward to celebrating you as a champion at the end of the month. Great day today!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @MaltedTea that was very bold of you, you have nothing to fear and are blessed to radiate such positivity in text as well as pictures.

I got a great laugh out of the related thread! 😜 No, I won't be posting there. I'll wait for the granddad bod thread (said nobody ever) 🤣
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea - Checked out you post on that thread. You look, and are, glorious. You are officially be my new inspiration!
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Aug. 7

Exercise: 78 minutes mountain biking, 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days: 1
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Back to read some more posts.

@biketheworld :- So glad it all went smoothly.

@MadisonMolly2017 - A caring, funny, positive partner is a godsend.

👍🏻 Good day:- @mshawski - @DebyS137 - @calvin20874 - @znaoiec

@TwistedSassette - Rats to accidental cola from hubs. Still you have 2 more pass days in reserve.

@LazyBlondeChef - Great day. Glad to hear that the pain has gone.

@Winner_in_Life - Sure isn't that what exercise calories are for 😂

I will check back in the morning for the west coast people.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Back to read some more posts.

Same...

@stella7x7 @GrandmaJackie @biketheworld Glad you all enjoyed your special meals!

@Mrs_Hoffer More walking in the rain with one's spouse (well kinda, the rescue was sweet)

@bradcrew Let us know if you have questions about getting your calories in (or, conversely, logging your exercise)

@RangerRickL Three cheers for family reunions!

@readyornot1234 What a beautiful - and, yes, positive - perspective

@ashleycarole86 Too few people play Frisbee anymore; glad you're among the people keeping it alive!

@seilidhe Congrats on your bike time and congrats for your resilience!

@jamcnewman So happy you're enjoying the UAC too, Julie! I lurv your dog!

@idoliov Ironically, and as mentioned by @lesdarts180, not quitting often means you're winning!

@LazyBlondeChef Glad you're on the mend!

@TwistedSassette That sounds like a practice of self-control and discipline; very impressive!

@WhatMeRunning There are already several grandfathers in the Dad Bod Thread...just saying lol

@MadisonMolly2017 Your "extreme gratefulness" is extremely inspirational

@znaoiec You really went the distance! Kudos!

The pass day has passed @crusherbrickman and @clutterqueen Glad you're both continuing to push!

And congrats to everyone who logged their "3 YES Day:" @SummerSkier @tdrjustus3 @TerriRichardson112 @Winner_in_Life @mshawski @DebyS137 @calvin20874

And thanks to everyone who shared a kind word about my post in the main forums yesterday 🤗