LC Boot Camp: Active August 2021

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    8/13 went down to get labs like I always do every 3 months ... my daughter and I are now both sick with a sore throat, headache and congestion ..no workouts at all until I am better....food wise not eating much
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Haven’t been doing well on my August goals. A few days in I hurt my back (again) doing resistance band deadlifts (again). This has happened pretty much every time I’ve tried to do this program. I’m finally better and able to start working out again, so I’ll be skipping the deadlifts and dusting off my DB machine.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    SW 9/14/21-255 lbs (New job, less stress, not having a micromanager anymore)
    UGW-122 lbs ( lowest wt 2009, kept off about 5 years)
    Surgery 5/3/21-240.5 lbs
    SW 5/14/21-232.2 lbs MFP
    CGW-190 lbs
    CW start 8/1/21-212.0 lbs

8/8/21-209.2 lbs
    8/15/21-207.8 lbs
    8/22/21-
    8/29/21-
    8/31/21-
    8/31 Goal-199.9 lbs
    ML-

9/5/21-
    9/12/21-
    9/19/21-
    9/26/21-
    9/30/21-
    9/30 Goal-195 lbs
    ML-

10/3/21-
    10/10/21-
    10/17/21-
    10/24/21-
    10/31/21-
    10/31 Goal-190 lbs
    ML-

TCL-
    TCG-15 lbs

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Been doing well with my exercise(walking @ least 5 miles, 3 days/week, on non-work days), water intake and calorie/carb restrictions. As long as I see progress, I'm bullheaded enough to stick with about anything!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    8/15
    Stayed within calorie goals but drank part of them in white claws. Needed to blow off some steam after working all weekend so hydration wasn’t great. Came to bed a bit hungry but not too concerned about that. Back at it tomorrow- will weigh in to see if I made any progress last week or held steady.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    I'm here. Been busy. The oldest (18) who had moved out for the summer to work and see friends without risking our unvaccinated kid (he's too young) came back Saturday. Our house is a lot closer to her college and since she's a commuter, it's a big deal. Anyway, I didn't exercise this weekend but I was sore and needed a break. But my bane, Sunday, was a good one this week. Hoping to lock that in as a better habit going forward.

Onward, and hopefully, downward!

• qupo6
    qupo6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    May I join or should I wait for on in September? Not sure if I understand anything anymore seems like my head is all up in the air (if that makes sense). I have so much to lose where do I start? Thank you.
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/16
    Good day overall as I stayed hydrated, got lots of exercise and only ate when I was hungry. Surprisingly I wasn’t feeling much in the way of food. Weighed in this morning and am down nearly 4 pounds in the last two weeks. I need to up my protein so I’ll focus on that the next couple of days and try to go mainly carnivore as that seems to work well for me.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    So starting mid-month but I wanted to see what the physio said... hip issue related to compensating for Achilles tendon issue and so easing back into workouts and golf instead of thinking I am a 20yo in the body of a 52yo!

Job-wise - I am into the last 6 weeks of this role with no idea if I will get a continuation contract which is beginning to stress me out. At least I know that over the last few months I have given it my absolute all but will have to really focus in October on finding a permanent role and I don't mind admitting the stress is affecting me. I am already not sleeping well for fretting about it. I always feel that I am competing with bright young things straight out of journo school and have struggled. But I can only control what I can control so keep trying my hardest to get it right and done quickly and accurately and fingers crossed.

August Starting Weight: 10st 11.5lb (6 weeks of not doing any exercise with various injury niggles and as a diabetic they take so much longer to heal, working overnights and eating hotel food)
    Body Fat Calipers: 32mm (New purchase!)
    Body Fat Percentage (I use Fat2Fit Tools to calculate Military BF): 41.9%

HbA1c (mmol/mol): Highest 111 (2017) 118 (2019) Lowest 45 (2017) CURRENT: 48 (2020)
    Carb Goals <100g 🟢 <125g 🟠 >150g 🔴
    Water Goals: MIN: 27oz 💧 MAX: 81oz 💧💧💧

Mon 16/8
    1) Libre Sensor - Break
    2) Carb Goal <125g 🟠 >150g (128g)
    3) Calories Goal < 🟢
    4) Exercise: Physio Rehab + C25K (Treadmill) W2S1 (20m) ✅
    5) Water - 46oz 💧💦

Exercise Plan:
    Tue 17/8 - Rest Day
    Wed 18/8 - Golf (18 holes)
    Thu 19/8 - Physio Rehab + C25K (Spinbike) W2S1 (20m)
    Fri 20/8 - Rest Day
    Sat 21/8 - 10m Qi Gong Tai Chi
    Sun 22/8 - 20m Qi Gong Tai Chi

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    The past week even though I did strength and 1 spin class, my head was still not in the game. Work last week was frustrating but I had fun with friends over the weekend. Hubby and I went for a 12 mile bike ride Sunday and yesterday I did strength at lunch then a two hour walk after dinner. Hurting a little today but it was worth it. Looking forward to laying on a beach next week.
  • cherie8525
    cherie8525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and excited to find an active group. I have been checking into all the keto groups. so far they seem quiet.. LOL sparks is closing TODAY so that might change fast.
    I am happy to find a low carb group. Will you be starting a Sept challenge, if yes, I AM IN! !! I have been 20 carbs or less since feb, I have notice I am slacking slightly and hitting 30's sometimes 40 ugggg. inching upward is not a good pattern I want to start.. Looking forward to getting to know more people living the lifestyle
  • baconslave
    Options
    qupo6 wrote: »
    May I join or should I wait for on in September? Not sure if I understand anything anymore seems like my head is all up in the air (if that makes sense). I have so much to lose where do I start? Thank you.

@qupo6 No better time than today!
    Check out our Launch Pad (resource library). I recommend starting with the FAQs I wrote to help newbies. We have a Recipe Site list and Open Threads (a library of discussions that hit common topics.) And always, feel free to ask us anything whenever. It might take me a min to respond as I homeschool 3 kids, but I'll get to it. :smirk:

Do you mind me asking how low carb are you interested in going? That will help us direct advice.

Again, welcome!
  • baconslave
    Options
    cherie8525 wrote: »
    I am new to MFP and excited to find an active group. I have been checking into all the keto groups. so far they seem quiet.. LOL sparks is closing TODAY so that might change fast.
    I am happy to find a low carb group. Will you be starting a Sept challenge, if yes, I AM IN! !! I have been 20 carbs or less since feb, I have notice I am slacking slightly and hitting 30's sometimes 40 ugggg. inching upward is not a good pattern I want to start.. Looking forward to getting to know more people living the lifestyle

@cherie8525 Welcome! I'll put up the September challenge probably the last full week of Aug. And I'll link it in this thread as well. But feel free to start with us any here any time of the month if you're ready. Or ask any preliminary questions as you think of them. I linked the Launch Pad up thread.
  • cherie8525
    Options
    @baconslave
    I love your user name, it make me laugh when I first saw it.. TY for info
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/17
    I fell off the wagon today and totally overdid it at dinner. Now I’m going to bed with a stomachache so I guess that serves me right.! I’ll refocus tomorrow and see how it goes. Otherwise I met my water goal for the day and got some good strength training in.
  • cherie8525
    Options
    @taylok23
    Be gentle with your thoughts, it happens. I feel the bodies reaction helps me stay on track. a week or so back on a hot frustrating day I gave in and ate a small creme I had been craving since the creme stands opened. Yep it tasted great. it also gifted 3lbs of inflammation which took my body over a week to get back out.. it was intense and flashback of how painful inflammation can be.. I doubt I will give in to that again
  • baconslave
    Options
    cherie8525 wrote: »
    @baconslave
    I love your user name, it make me laugh when I first saw it.. TY for info
    I do love me some bacon. :joy:

I'm here, doing the right things. As I do during the week. The test is Sundays...Sunday looms.
  • cherie8525
    Options
    @baconslave The test is Sundays...Sunday looms.
    Do you mean staying on track is hard on Sundays?
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/18-8/19
    Two good days for staying hydrated, within calorie goals and listening to hunger signals. I totally wanted to snack tonight but wasn’t the least bit hungry so I walked the dog and watched reality tv. @baconslave, the weekends are hard for me too. The saboteur loves to have drinks on the patio and make bad food choices. Lately I’ve held strong but it is so easy to give in! I’m doing better with staying mainly carnivore with a salad or two mixed in. This definitely helps manage my appetite.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    8/14-8/19 still not feeling good ... no exercise and food well it is all over the place
    Update on me ....talked to my Dr. today on the phone... he put me on presidone and a nebulizer ... I am having a hard time breathing ...my nose is plugged and I have had a headache for almost a week now ...Everything I drink or eat is very very salty .. My daughter and I have to go get a covid test on Tuesday ...when it rains it rains but when it pour it really pours